Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Things You Must Never Do In Public - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things You Must Never Do In Public (28406 Views)

White Man Urinating In Public In Lagos (photos) / Policeman Orders Woman To Bare Her Breast In Public Or Be Arrested (photos) / Do You Stand Up For The Elderly In Public Transports? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by ejifranks(m): 2:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
all but the dining setting... i no get time for that one grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by 4reigningqueen: 2:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
yung tunchi: embarassednow u sound like my grandmom wen she was alive men i miss her,i wish i could take back d hands of time,,,,(crying)

turn back which clock hand,noooooo,i dont want to go back to that nonsense secondary school to meet that nonsense teacher that almost broke my hand into two with his fat cane!!!
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by shortgun(m): 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
OP feel Free wink
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by princeonx: 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
Jochebed_7: don't pick ur nose in public
Why not? Is it your nose? Lol!
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Gideon1010(m): 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
All this rules na for watin na?, na employment rules?. mak una leave us joor!.
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by iamdsam: 2:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
Noob Saibot: If my hands shouldn't be on the table, how and what should I use to eat? This is arrant nonsense.
If I should follow this list, then i have resorted to pretentious living!
Can't you get it? You need to be in a ghost mode to do this.
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2013

I really HATE being told what to or not to do.
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Dhurmynick(m): 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
Emmyk: Op, which country is this stuff for? cheesy

not crack my knuckle, are you kidding me?

While it class, I just bend my neck to the left and right sides and you hear KRAA. I'm like, phewww, boy, I'm relieved.

same too
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by 4reigningqueen: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
iamdsam: Just like my brother at the top said, "no house for mess*. If you know you mess (gas) in the public, click like *winks*

make i no chop tonight if i click am.
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by paranorman(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
Some of these rules comes into play best in formal meetings/arrangements like interviews e.t.c... You dont expect me to be all 'formal' when i take my boo out on a treat... Or walkin with'em boys down our street when chopin corn when d boss aint there... In conclusion, when you gotta go formal, act formal.. When you gotta get to b urself, b yaself... Abi u wan turn person to robort!
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Anaegboka(m): 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2013
Colonial mentality. Grow up man.
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Gboliwe: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
So very guilty on the fingers cracking, the handkerchief face cleaning and the handbag on the table own. Never knew any of these were improper. I'm not an English lady sha, I am a true African woman and these laws are kind of strange to us
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by adeleks: 2:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
-Don't pick ur nose in public;
-stop screaming on d phone (respect ur self);
-@nyt, wen using a touch light, don't point it at the incomers' face (no be road u dey luk)
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by successking: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
Is this rules meant for African or the Westerners?
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by tulk2mi: 3:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
By whose rule?
the society u live in determines whats improper or wats not.
Tell me wat has cutlery and how u use them gat to do with a nigerian man, when we were brought up to use our hand.

u 4got opening car doors 4 ladies makes u a gentleman in other countries in nigeria it makes u a woman wrapper.
i dont even get the use of face towel to clean ur face rather than a handkerchief,so wats the handkerchief 4?

do u know that most british pple do not take their bath for a week? yet they say pickn ur nose in public makes u look dirty, picking just ur nose and not taking ur bath 4 a week which one is dirtier?u choose.

Pls lets drop colonial slavery, an embrace our identity
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by iamdsam: 3:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
As for those condemning urination in public, I wanna simply state it clear that you also might find yourself in a situation where you must urinate in public because you can't keep it there when it really wants to come out. You might also ask yourself if the Nigeria government has reliable places built specially for people to urinate along the road or street? I urinate in public if I got to
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by oxygen47: 3:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
You must never pollute the air in public
Stink up the fresh breeze
Mtcewwwww!!!
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Chigorkizz(m): 3:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
my yoruba friend fart in public.is it ideal,NL?
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Chibby90: 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nomski0: This write-up reminds me of my secondary school home economics classes.
lol

grin grin
exactly!
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by irecruit(m): 3:15pm On Aug 16, 2013
IF THERE WILL LIKE TO LEARN THEIR LESSONS cool cool cool
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by comrChris(m): 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
choi rules don full everywia ehm wich kind lyf b dis na church rules,market rules,companies rules,street rules,hospitals rules,skuls rules haba even in ur own house rules sey wetin nah op
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by funkyjms: 3:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
iamdsam: Can't you get it? You need to be in a ghost mode to do this.

grin
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
Bullshit write up.

All I expected to see here was

Don't dig your nose in public

Don't scratch your bum in public

Don't pass gas in public
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Mrniceguyjohn(m): 3:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
nice one there u gat everytin ryt...tanx man i appreciate.....
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by EverestdeBliu(m): 3:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
Nomski0: This write-up reminds me of my secondary school home economics classes.
lol

grin grin
okay
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by bonna4u(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2013
@number 4. I shouldn't use a handkerchief to clean my face rather a face towel. Is that a joke or something? Where do I keep to face towel when I am done? Should I hang on my neck while I walk the street? Even if number 4 is passed into law, I won't stop cleaning my face with handkerchief.
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by freetowns: 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
No its called pinging. grin
sexymoma: 2. WHAT EVER YOU WEAR MUST MATCH AND MUST BE GOOD FIT FOR YOUR BODY: see me see wahala, you never hear of color blocking before ba
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by MCKULQ(m): 4:03pm On Aug 16, 2013
I dey my mama belle sabi this things. grin

Tell me another thing. undecided
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by bigx(m): 4:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
infogenius: @poster nice one!
Let me add

Eating on the road (corn,biscuit and groundnut etc)especially in public places is degrading.Only slaves act that way.

Come to the UK, they eat on the road on the way to and from work.
Isnt it where "manners" where invented?
The same way we are taking their religion more serious than them is the same way this sounds
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by PresidentT(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
moscobabs: so i should not talk when I'am eating,what if I see house fly in my wife food?
Lol! You got me!
Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by Pukkah: 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
1. Using your tongue to loudly grope the nooks and cranny of your mouth after a meal; and supplying a few clicks and pops in the process. wink

2. Wrestling with a stubborn piece of meat grin grin grin to the extent that it splatters stew on the shirt of unlucky people around.

3. Touching and stamping the chest of the person you're talking to with your fingers. Even when the person moves back, you move closer to him so as to continue the touching while talking. grin grin

4. Raising up your shirt to start rubbing the round and rotund belly which should be under the shirt. Some do this after a meal. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Never Do In Public by telexfree1: 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
Pukkah: 1. Smoking in the presence of non-smokers
2. Using your headgear (gele) to block the view of those seated behind you
3. Staring at the text message or chats of a phone user that's beside you
4. Sitting on the bonnet of a car (especially that does not belong to you)
5. Raising your face to the sky or ceiling to down the content of a bottle (of coke or Lacasera)
6. Horning loudly while driving
7. Leisurely crossing the road (as if in your sitting room)
8. Playing football on the street
9. Dancing or having a party on the street
10. Walking around with a dangling toothpick in your mouth after a meal
11. Picking your teeth with your fingers (after a meal)

Guy. Relax grin
I agree with you though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ever Help Someone And You Landed Into Trouble?? ... Share / TV Stand - Wow! Check Out How To Choose A Functional And Stylish Furniture / A Magician Burnt At A Child Dedication In Port Harcourt (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.