Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed (40199 Views)

Cameroon’s President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed / Why Is Apostolic Faith Church So Quiet Among The Pentecostal Churches? / Pentecostal Pastors Are Satanic Agents - True worshipers Be Very Careful! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by jesuseun1(m): 5:32am On Aug 16, 2013
I hope paul won't offend God by miskenly closing down genuie christian church.what criteria are dey using to differeciate fake and real churches. Closing down churches won't stop fake churches,its d signs of d end time

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 16, 2013
ebamma: ban all religion, the chinese leaders who are atheist, made china a global force and one of the richest countries on earth, but our bible wielding and koran reciting leaders have been stealing us blind since 1960
chinese are not atheism. Tao and confucianism are listed among world major religions
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Clonus: 5:51am On Aug 16, 2013
The great tribulation starts when the wild beast( governmental powers) turns to destroy it's Patner in crime, Babylon the great(false religion). The bible says that God would put it in their minds to carry out His thought. (Revelation 17:17). Could this be the beginning? Bible students are alert!!!!
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by MrExcel(m): 5:57am On Aug 16, 2013
only u sabi dis churches? na wa 4 u o!
eGuerrilla: I bet some of those churches had names like the ones provided below

Source: FILEBE(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2010
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Krinel(f): 6:00am On Aug 16, 2013
Check out the name of this church, 'COME OUT OF DENOMINATION AND ENTER INTO JESUS CHRIST MINISTRIES'. Imo state
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by kufre2010: 6:00am On Aug 16, 2013
jammyng: For your info, westerners are more religious, I repeat more religious (not fanatical) than africans. I bet you don't know that the key statement of the US is 'in God we trust'
that somebody believe in God does not mean that he is religious. Go and hold a crusade and see hw many people will turn up, unlike Africa.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Leboska(m): 6:04am On Aug 16, 2013
May be his refering to this.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by xynerise: 6:10am On Aug 16, 2013
@Topic. grin grin grin
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by kufre2010: 6:14am On Aug 16, 2013
Religions are slow time bomb they are frm the pit of Hell. Satan hold the world captive through religion.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by tonyot(m): 6:19am On Aug 16, 2013
addicted268: Point of correction@article.cameroon is in CENTRAL west africa.
***smh*** FYM u have corrected d writer abi? which one is "CENTRAL west africa?"

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by adams411: 6:20am On Aug 16, 2013
hmmmmn..
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by abu0710102013: 6:23am On Aug 16, 2013
When did cameroon become a west African country
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Samunique(m): 6:37am On Aug 16, 2013

Is that ur own problem? I piety u.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 16, 2013
President since 1982, what is wrong with African leaders?

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by ZackiGp(m): 6:51am On Aug 16, 2013
Viewing this topic: Mayng01, Vick4v(m),
toseen29, kcjazz(m), twinstar210,
Marine*etyon, Onlyemmy 'M'(m), dhariey,
DUNKA(m), Chichi101, teejakes(m), khel(m),
zeezzy, abu12, idu1, Bridgovoks, modash(m)
, hopy68(m), simak1(m), ogomatty, Leorichy,
odim123(m), Samunique(m), sirwilli(m),
ireneidiva(f), ogrin(m), phtemie(m), fxjohn2,
tweegep(m), 1wolex85, nairaarea, Ogbakolo
(m), nastykid, Whobedatte(m), AG.gal(f),
teekaybells, chiedozie, bimsal, chuks01(m),
Mintayo(m), Ournaija, Lordpharez(m)
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by HolyHolla(m): 7:00am On Aug 16, 2013
babsomotde: I just dey lafff ooo. Well, Closing of Churches doesn't stop the spreading of gospel. Don't get me wrong. There are wolves in Sheep clothing. But winners and redeemed, I beg. Let always look for facts and hold unto the truth. Sick people need God to heal them. Drugs sometimes may not work. But not all sick people needs doctor. Abeg... make we leave the matter for mathias.

You are quite right. That some are bad or wayward doesn't mean all should be banned. Though the government of Cameroon and their supporters see death to the churches, I see a development that will lead to a great revival, where the fake would fizzle out and the true worshippers would grow strong in the face of persecution... Separating the sheep from the goats, it is.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Skako(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2013
guy pfoblem dey for xtianity

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Bright2(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2013
Point of correction on the list,O.P.M does not mean other peoples money but OMEGA POWER MINISTRY. I know the church in Port harcourt it's a nice church anyway.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 7:08am On Aug 16, 2013
drake2005: Nigerians should pray I never become the president, I will close down every single church, mosque and worship centers. In fact, all religions banned. If you are caught praying/worshiping, you be shot to death. After one year, my government will assess the decree/ban to see if the change affected the nation positively or negatively. If negatively, the decree will be rescinded. However, If positively, the ban will continue. I say this because...RELIGION IS THE PROBLEM OF NIGERIA, AS WITH OTHER AFRICAN COUNTRIES.

The Best post by a Nairalander EVER!!!
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Samunique(m): 7:09am On Aug 16, 2013
Inasmuch as i do not support the evil men perpetrated in d church, and i know that d purpose of God for d church is to lead Men in d right path toward holy living and rightousness with love, godly and positive contribution in the societies at large. Nevertheless, i think this President is not going about this issue in a sensitive way, he should have come in through the christian governing body in d country to arrest the situation rather than banning some churches, if he doesn't have some hidden motives.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by mu2sa2: 7:16am On Aug 16, 2013
The problem is not with christianity or Islam. Our problem is the way Nigerians practice these religions. Examples: unnecessary noise generation, labeling innocent females as witches by pastors, colluding with corrupt politicians in the name of praying for the nation etc.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by 2chief(m): 7:20am On Aug 16, 2013
Dreal1247: MARK MY WORDS, THAT PRESIDENT'S DAYS ARE NUMBERED. President since 1982. He has overstayed his welcome. I HEREBY DECLARE HIS SEAT VACANT. Like if you are in support.
why cant you think.you think other countries is like nigeria where anything goes without lincense..Churches here and there decieving members and collecting the little they have in the name of God.While they live big,members live in abject poverty.I wish those in Abuja will do same.EWU!

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by ifeelgood: 7:21am On Aug 16, 2013
Thank God for Pentecostal churches all over the world. I'm yet to see a genuine thing that is void of counterfeit.

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2013
Churches, only the fools can be misguided these days. We shld grow beyond falling victims for these pastors at this 2013 age. We need more than these closures in Nigeria!
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Lovine: 7:27am On Aug 16, 2013
John 16: 2 They will put you out of the synagogue; in fact, the time is coming when anyone who kills you will think they are offering a service to God.

Catholic Church is behind all these,each day they are losing members as they can't attend to the spiritual problem of their members they resort to Biya, what about the secret societies, marabouts, etc? In the dark ages they did they the same, no one will read Bible if found you will be killed. As much as I know that many fake churches are everywhere, true Christians should not be afraid, Bible said ' With much persecution we shall inherit the kingdom. Biya has signed his death warrant and soonest he will be history.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by nora544: 7:28am On Aug 16, 2013
SAD STORY!!!

There is this lady who was pregnant and towards the time of delivery, her doctor examined her and told her that she will be delivered of her baby by operation. Instead of respecting the doctor's medical expertise, she went to a pastor who promised her otherwise. When labour started, she ran to the pastor's house.

There, they started praying as she was in labour, pleading the blood of Jesus untill the baby died in her womb. It was at that point that the pastor and his prayer warriors brought her to the same hospital. She was operated upon and the dead child brought out. The woman almost lost her life in the process. Men of God please respect your area of call and don't venture into areas your measure of grace did not cover.

I am not doubting divine intervention, but untill God says so, don't put him to test. Pregnant should understand that it is not evil for a woman to deliver her baby through CS. If that is your case, with prayers and faith you will succeed. Please let us learn to respect our doctors especially pregnant mothers.

This happen in Nigeria so i understand why he make it to close churches and it is good because a pastor should preach the gospel and not working as a doctor when he has no degree to work as a doctor.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by haykayforreal(m): 7:29am On Aug 16, 2013
Na dem dey get different fake healing center,performing devilic miracle...God will touch nigeria govt to close dem down,they are nothin but scammer pastors
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Tinyemeka(m): 7:32am On Aug 16, 2013
jammyng: For your info, westerners are more religious, I repeat more religious (not fanatical) than africans. I bet you don't know that the key statement of the US is 'in God we trust'

Then you should also know that their currency bears the inscription 'Novo ordo seculorum'. Find out what that means. And I don't mean its translation.
Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by HolyHolla(m): 7:33am On Aug 16, 2013
ebamma: ban all religion, the chinese leaders who are atheist, made china a global force and one of the richest countries on earth, but our bible wielding and koran reciting leaders have been stealing us blind since 1960

The three main points you made are disagreeable.

If you advocate banning of all religion, I'll equally add that we ban all forms of individual reasoning, then we can turn everyone into zombies.

You are very wrong about China too. They are a religious society with various religious groups, particularly oriental religions and including Christians. Though, during the heat of the Revolution, Christian groups were proscribed except for state sanctioned Christian religion, Catholicism, Chinese government have now seen wisdom in allowing more flexibilty. Yet, it is a more glorious time for Chinese economy than during the Revolution.

Even if there is no religion in Nigeria, our leaders will still "have been stealing us blind" (sic) as long as we remain corrupt, selfish, materialistic, tribalistic and hero-worshipping.

Consider this:
Great Britain and other western countries prospered under Christian forms of life, laws and style of living, but now, as they dismantle their values, their societies are being corrupted and the economies are collapsing. Note also that it was Christian pilgrims and adventurers that founded and built the U.S., which also is now collapsing after devaluing their Christian principles.

I submit that it's not the problem of religion; it's our African psyche we need to change.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by IdiAmin2(m): 7:37am On Aug 16, 2013
I love this president. Close them all down. Go back to your roots Africans and know thyself.

GEJ, hope you are watching

I'm sure 50% of those churches are pastored by Naija pastors hustling the poor and desperate in Cameroon

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by ignis: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2013
Religion has done more harm than good to humanity.
Most of the problems we face in Nigeria can be traced and attributed to religion.

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon's President Orders Pentecostal Churches Closed by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 16, 2013
Judas2013: Jesus is a curse to Nigeria

I bet you are not well or dont know what you are saying. How is Jesus the curse to Nigeria? Is Jesus the one misguiding people and performing fake miracles? What you have here are 'wolves in sheeps clothing' and you are here castigating Jesus. Thank God you said 'Jesus' and not 'Jesus Christ'.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / Leke Adeboye Calls For Prayers For Kanye West As He Becomes Bornagain Christian / Upload Your Christmas Selfie Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.