Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:44 AM

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (37811 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by alphaconde(m): 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
costan306: solomons wealth was measured in gold.wat were the doing wit the gold dat made him rich

Ur wisdom will never fail u. Say amen.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by homesteady(m): 3:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
gringrin
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by funnyx(m): 3:37pm On Aug 18, 2013
There are so many of these hell visions lately, sometimes I wonder why would God allow many to perish by the continual delay of the coming of the Lord? If the world has been destroyed many centuries ago I believe less people will go to hell as many who are supposedly trooping to this hell now wouldn't have been born undecided
Did God create humans just to put as many of them in hell?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by victorv12(m): 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2013
A lot of people on this thrend are just writing trash. The city of heaven is being constructed with the highest grade of gold. How many of you have been to heaven?

Sometimes my jaw drops when people say ridiculous things about heaven, then I remember that they've been brainwashed to deny reality.

The Bible did not arrive directly from heaven by fax. It was written by mortal men and therefore prone to error.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by UyiIredia(m): 3:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mukina2 you fall my hand o ! You fall am. How many times should I complain that shallow topics like this needn't be brought up ?

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ahonzi: 3:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
In as much as I can't judge anyone,but I like to ask,the christianity we practice and the God we worship,is it different from the one followed and worshiped by christians abroad? If its not,why then hasn't any of the whites who started seeing and going into trances ever mentioned issues pertaining to jewelries and other form of clothings? Do we say God is choosy in revealing things to his people? Talk of clothing,jewelries and the innovative "die,roast and burn" prayer,my take is most of the people who have taken on whatever they have heard from their pastors,priest or seers are just plain "lazy christians". They don't study to understand,but just take everything in cos their so called "Spiritual leader" has spoken.

5 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by UyiIredia(m): 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
nneh1: this is what people will continue saying till they march down to hell.

Which hell if I may ask ? The Deeper Life hell, I presume. Or the Methodist hell, or Catholic hell. There are many flavours of hell to suite your taste in fact, the book 'Revelation Of Heaven And Hell' recounts how Colombian youths saw people burnt in hell for love of jewelries so maybe you are condemning earring-lovers to that hell.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ahonzi: 3:48pm On Aug 18, 2013
alpha conde:

Ur wisdom will never fail u. Say amen.

And this was after the "golden calf" incident that many of my brethren would want to base their arguments on
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by crackhaus: 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
I don't know about jewelleries..but I know about shoes, head-warmers, hoodies, and leggings; these muthafockerz will take you straight to hell and back in one round trip. #nonsense

On a more serious note, never has jewellery made any one more beautiful than they already are, at most it's a distraction. But if you wanna wear them, then by all means please do.
It will also be insightful to note; 'Crowns' are worn in 'heaven' or so I've heard, and I'm pretty sure they are also jewellery.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by adenath: 3:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
making heaven itself is by God grace. You might serve God all the days of your life and at the end of everything not make heaven and vice versa. but the truth is that nobody knows when our lord is coming so 2mao might be too late to follow him. When you accept him as your personal lord and saviour obey his commandment as it is written in the bibble and pray for aboundance of grace also the grace to make heaven.do everything in moderation. In dressing, the food you eat,the way you talk, e.t.c and avoid all that the bibble recorded as sin.earing or no earing, it is wat you do that makes you a qualify candidate for the chosen
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by shejane: 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Poverty mentality, som pple belv is wen u look dirty nd haggard dats wen uar really a born again there by remaining in poverty, christianity is nt punishment, we shall b d head nd nt d tail, if wearing earings is a sin den using creme or anytin on ur body is a sin

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by adaobasi(f): 3:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
My dear friends,as a born again christain,you must live daily by the word of God which is in the bible.Work out your salvation with fear and trembling.The issue of wearing or not wearing jelwellry is trivial compared with alot of weightier issues.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by chidigood(f): 3:51pm On Aug 18, 2013
I was talking with some people on somtin similar today. Earrings were made 4 man & not man 4 earrings. Go & read Eze.16:9-14. It becomes a sin if God tells u nt 2 use & u do.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Pain(m): 3:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
ahonzi: In as much as I can't judge anyone,but I like to ask,the christianity we practice and the God we worship,is it different from the one followed and worshiped by christians abroad? If its not,why then hasn't any of the whites who started seeing and going into trances ever mentioned issues pertaining to jewelries and other form of clothings? Do we say God is choosy in revealing things to his people? Talk of clothing,jewelries and the innovative "die,roast and burn" prayer,my take is most of the people who have taken on whatever they have heard from their pastors,priest or seers are just plain "lazy christians". They don't study to understand,but just take everything in cos their so called "Spiritual leader" has spoken.

The problem with Africans is our tendency to give credence to concotions of hallucinating & commercially motivated mortals. Most of what we call "prophecies" are nothing but carefully crafted forecasts laced with some paranormal co-efficients of disillusion. I recently created some mathematical models in excel that have proved more accurate than the guesstimates released by some hallucinating freaks at the start of the year!

May the ETERNAL GOD of EXCELLENCE save us all from the commercial god of this world. The same one that offered JESUS the world!

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by DrFaitobaba(m): 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
1peter 3:3-5a, that doesn't say u should dress lyk a pauper. But i believe adorning yourselves wit all these tins is just an expression of vanity. If you r not sure abt wat God is saying on this issue, it is better to stop using it than to gamble. But i believe all this trivail issue is just d plan of devil to ,ake us forget abt the salvtion of soul and the 2nd comin of Jesus and be discussing some issue dat doesn't even matter in d kingdom. But, any thing dat does not edify your spirit and the body of christ is not good. Don't cause odas to stumble.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by annyplenty(m): 3:58pm On Aug 18, 2013
igbeke: Where in d Holy Bible were we taught anything dat is against earrings?
Job was said to be a perfect and upright man before God. JOB1:1
Yet when God was.to restore him, EARRING OF GOLD was among the presents he was given. Job 42:11
Did u ever wonder what he did with them?
ask me and I.will tell u.
Are we supposed to kno The Bible.more than The Almighty God that gave it?
Well this is my opinion:
moderation is what the Holy Bible asked us to apply in everything we do.

God did not give Job golden earrings. His friends gave them to him.
Did bible condemn wearing of earrings at one point or the other? Yes.
what I can suggest is that the OP should pray, possibly with fasting to God to hear by himself.
As for me, we dont use them in my home. It is better to be sure than to gamble.
The fact that many people dont even want to drop them shows they may be idolising them.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ahonzi: 3:59pm On Aug 18, 2013
addictiv: from the original plan gold was meant to be a building material, meant for the beautification of buildings and for trade not something to be worn.....earings were markings which were used to identify slaves.....God created the human body in his own image that means he created us perfect......adorning it with jewelries is like telling God that his work isnt good enough Ex:33:5: For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: [size=13pt]therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.[/size]
if God did not care about jewelries he wont tell the Israelites to take them off.......Remain Blessed.

Were ornaments ever mentioned as being used by God's people after then?Read Isaiah 3.16,when God says a thing He does with a reason, I feel its inappropriate to use one scripture that relates to a particular incident to make a blanket generalization.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by lyfe(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
What about men using earrings? What about people using toothpick as accessory like dis man below? Where is he heading to?

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by jonescyras(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
victorv12: A lot of people on this thrend are just writing trash. The city of heaven is being constructed with the highest grade of gold. How many of you have been to heaven?

Sometimes my jaw drops when people say ridiculous things about heaven, then I remember that they've been brainwashed to deny reality.

The Bible did not arrive directly from heaven by fax. It was written by mortal men and therefore prone to error.
"The Bible did not arrive directly from heaven by fax. It was written by mortal men and therefore prone to error".[/quote]
I know you aren't a christian... I never heard in my life that THE HOLY BIBLE is prone to error.
.May God forgive the hands you used to type this threat.
.BLASHPHEMY!.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by bokohalal(m): 4:00pm On Aug 18, 2013
No ma. Wearing jewelry will not take you to hell because there is none.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by crackhaus: 4:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
Simplesen: It is good to wear earrings because God already created holes in a females ear at birth. What did yu guys see about that? Why make God's work imperfect?
God created holes in a female's ear? Oh wow... I swear I did not know that!

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by critique101(f): 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
guys, stop being doubting thomases. When the israelites moulded their jewelries into a cow and worshiped it; sad was when God became angry and banned the use of jewelry. Just like when adam and eve disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit and God provoked and sent them out of the garden of Eden and cursed them (they toiled in the farm to cultivate food crops and painful childbirth). It is true that we shouldn't use jewelry. I am a lady so i feel every female who is wondering how to quit wearing jewelry. The one wey pain me pass na the "no using of weavon, wig or attachment" and i have chop-chop hair. Haven't recovered from the depression it is still causing me. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

It's like when you try to make yourself look better than you were created, you indirectly tell God that he didnt do a good job. You feel you are not pretty enough so you use makeup.

God is pissed with us! That is why many prayers go unanswered and before you know it, people resort to native doctors for help

The end is near. repent.

If you are gay, become straight.
if you like wearing tube gowns, spaghetti straps, skimpy, tight and short clothes, substitute it for more conservative clothes.
if you fornicate, stop it and get married if you cant hold yourself

the people we are imitating in hollywood dont go to church.

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Pain(m): 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
DrFaitobaba: 1peter 3:3-5a, that doesn't say u should dress lyk a pauper. But i believe adorning yourselves wit all these tins is just an expression of vanity.

So why not burn off all the gold or simply command them out of existence. I always say the problem is when you base almost all your arguments of some texts that have deviated from the TRUE MESSAGE due to human bias. The Gospel of Christ was so Ground Breaking that it could not be consumed by the perverted and narrow minded populations of the palestine.

It threatened the very fabric of the commercial and slave labour driven societies. Here was a MAN telling them all the foundations of what they believed and propounded in the Old Testament was a SHAM of Moses or Thutmose a renegade egyptian prince who attempted to skew history in his favour!

What we have today are books that have tried to balance two contradictions in order not to be plalatable to the early left & right wing elements of the early church
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ahonzi: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
annyplenty:

God did not give Job golden earrings. His friends gave them to him.
Did bible condemn wearing of earrings at one point or the other? Yes.
what I can suggest is that the OP should pray, possibly with fasting to God to hear by himself.
As for me, we dont use them in my home. It is better to be sure than to gamble.
The fact that many people dont even want to drop them shows they may be idolising them.

Please state where the bible outrightly condemned earrings or jewelries.Do not give instances like that of Isaiah 3:16,give one that shows the same way the 10 commandments were given with no incident prior to the scripture saying anything about it.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by shejane: 4:04pm On Aug 18, 2013
Dot confuse ursef, prov 23:7 as a man thinketh in his hrt so is he, pls wearing errings is nt a sin bt d love 4 it, is nt gud, seek 1st d kingdom of God nd ALL THINGS shall be added unto u including Gold jus lyk d isrealities in Exo 12:36,psalm105:37. Jesus is Lord
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by addictiv(m): 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2013
ahonzi:

Were ornaments ever mentioned as being used by God's people after then?Read Isaiah 3.16,when God says a thing He does with a reason, I feel its inappropriate to use one scripture that relates to a particular incident to make a blanket generalization.
[size=14pt]if God asked them to remove it from their bodies then....what makes you think that he has changed his mind about it now?....[/size]
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by cold(m): 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mighty Sparrow: Hypocrites have come again. Is it the gold that Gold is fighting? Good part of tabernacle and Solomon' temple were adorned with gold. In the OT high priest's cloth, gold was used; he even wore a golden crown. The city of heaven is made with highest grade of gold not known to this world. Many none gold wearer are devils. If you do not believe in gold don't wear.
I perssonally do not believe God has problem with gold.
Oh i see. So you where the architect that designed the 5th wing of the Angel Gabriel Quarters along Golden Avenue? Wow!That place is beautiful. Btw,how is Jesus doing? Last time we met it was at that bar along Angel Michael Boulevard. Kai but Jesus na badt guy grin
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Pain(m): 4:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
addictiv:
[size=14pt]if God asked them to remove it from their bodies then....what makes you think that he has changed his mind about it now?....[/size]

So what makes you think he hasn't? At least your belief is based on texts that have actually shown that he can have a rethink? So why do you question him? Is it because it is at variance with your own belief? Is he not entitled to his own? Or may be you are God' private secretary?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
critique101: guys, stop being doubting thomases. When the israelites moulded their jewelries into a cow and worshipped it; was when God became angry and banned the use of jewelry. Just like when adam and eve disobeyed God by eating the forbidden fruit and God provoked and sent them out of the garden of Eden and cursed them (they toiled in the farm to cultivate food crops and painful childbirth). It is true that we shouldnt use jewelry. I am a lady so i feel every female who is wondering how to quit wearing jewelry. The one wey pain me pass na the "no using of weavon, wig or attachment". Havent recovered from the depression it is still causing me. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Please read Genesis 35:1-5 and tell me if that was after the wilderness experience.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by drdams: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
Cant say if its a sin bt as for me, my daughter wont pierce her ear.. Neva!! She rada wear sturds!! Ear rings shudnt b a 10unit course for a lady..

I personally dont see any reason y u shud wear it.....

Only slaves pierce their skin!!!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2013
lyfe: What about men using earrings? What about people using toothpick as accessory like dis man below? Where is he heading to?

he is headed to bad boys hell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

14 Reasons Why I Love Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / ‘BSC In Law’ Graduate, Vera Anyim Storms Dunamis Church In Port Harcourt / FCMB Advertises For RCCG Offering And Tithe Payment?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.