Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (37789 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
idnoble135:
Enough of all these hell visions! Ok... Follow me as i try to explain this.
Q. What makes you become a child of God?
A. Because you believe in Jesus, right? John 1:12
Q. What made you recieve salvation?
A. Because you believed and confessed Jesus as your Lord and Saviour, right? Rom 10:10...
Q. Was it by any of your works?
A. No! Ephe 2:8
So what makes you think you can remain saved by mere works if you did not get saved by your works? Gal 3:3 So, simple belief and acceptance of the saving work of Christ makes you a candidate for heaven. How then did wearing ear rings make you go to hell? How can you believe in Jesus and yet go to hell because you wear ear ring? Its not possible.
Besides, care to tell me how wearing of ear ring is a sin? What of the whites that wear this and still make heaven?
This thing came as a result of we trying to"africanize" christianity. Jesus made the christian life simple, no need to complicate it.
The word of God is bigger than any vision. Therefore, i refuse to accept that ear rings makes people go to hell.

gbam.you have said it all

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ayobase(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
ItsModella: Is this a joke? undecided

No be joke my sister....some videos have been going about to this effect.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2013
alpha conde:

Ur wisdom will never fail u. Say amen.
i help am say amen
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by critique101(f): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2013
luluosas:
Please read Genesis 35:1-5 and tell me if that was after the wilderness experience.

genesis is before the wilderness experience. then, jewelries were permitted
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Soreza(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
women should be wise and not mislead,the devil use the bible to tempt jesus(lord that wrote it)to me i told my sis,look sis hell is painfull,its everlasting,in the mouth of many witnesses the truth is there,we ve heard many confessions of people jesus took to hell,not that they from the same country,diffrent contingent as well,so i dont think this people will wake up and lie that jesus say is a sin while is not,why not stop it,be wise,if its good u are on the right side,if its bad u are still on the right side to heaven,i have never seen any woman that made it to heaven from the bible passage putting those tins on,the woman i know is jezebeel and u know her end'.now am not the holy type if from wot a friend of mine told me i think its wrong,he said while they were travelling throught the desert the leader that do the trip told every body that putting on jewelries,necklace to remove it,he warned seriously but a gal still put on her jewel bang,as soon as they got there,a sand storm rose immediately everybody went down flat,after few seconds,the gal was no where to be found only what was found was the jewel,they were surprised and ask the man he told they that all those jewels attracts evil spirit that they are incharge of them,so to me sometin that attracts evil spirit will no way work hand in hand with God,so it is True,REAL TRUTH;TILL NOW MY FRD DONT PERMIT HIS SIS TO PUT ON ANYTIN JEWEL
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Pain(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
lyfe: What about men using earrings? What about people using toothpick as accessory like dis man below? Where is he heading to?

He will be heading to the hotest sector of hell with that tooth pick.

Im sure god must be very angry with him. I heard from a "lady" who just returned from a vacation to hell that the innovation department is working on a latest version of hell.

It's called HELL 2.0. It is meant for all those whose belief systems are different from yours! Rejoice! because it is a quantum 2.0 hotter than Version 1.0. All your enemies will cry their hearts out once they are "ported" into it. At least everyone's enemy(you inclusive) will end up there!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by ahonzi: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
addictiv:
[size=14pt]if God asked them to remove it from their bodies then....what makes you think that he has changed his mind about it now?....[/size]

You still haven't addressed my point. For everytime He mentioned they strip it,they did something.Solomon had jewelries and ornaments of gold and so did other kings of Isreal after him,right to the birth of Jesus when gifts of precious ornaments were presented to him. Your car,your house even your children can lead you to sin when you make them idols.Not even when the golden calf incident took place did God even condemn these things.So......?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by bodee(m): 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
adenath: making heaven itself is by God grace. You might serve God all the days of your life and at the end of everything not make heaven and vice versa. but the truth is that nobody knows when our lord is coming so 2mao might be too late to follow him. When you accept him as your personal lord and saviour obey his commandment as it is written in the bibble and pray for aboundance of grace also the grace to make heaven.do everything in moderation. In dressing, the food you eat,the way you talk, e.t.c and avoid all that the bibble recorded as sin.earing or no earing, it is wat you do that makes you a qualify candidate for the chosen
The best post ever

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by In2systemsTech(m): 4:18pm On Aug 18, 2013
Really don't think there is anything wrong with wearing them...

Meanwhile we have them in stock for sale at clearance prices... Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by addictiv(m): 4:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pain:

So what makes you think he hasn't? At least your belief is based on texts that have actually shown that he can have a rethink? So why do you question him? Is it because it is at variance with your own belief? Is he not entitled to his own? Or may be you are God' private secretary?
[size=14pt]very funny....texts u call it? man i didnt write the bible....every sentence in it was put there for a reason...He is the Lord he changet not.....if he can joke with anything, not his word....except the God now is different from the God then....[/size]
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
ayobase:

No be joke my sister....some videos have been going about to this effect.
mr or miss ayo my father in heaven is not aN author of confusion or contradictions.it is the doctrines of men that causes confusions and contradictions.he said in the bible IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MAN TO DIE ONCE AND AFTER DEATH IS JUDGEMENT.God never gave anybody in the bible that i have read off OPPORTUNITY FOR sIGHT SEEING HEAVEN AND HELL.therefore everything we need to do to live a godly life and a life that will take us to heaven is in the bible.in other words dont misconstrue the doctrines of men to be Gods standard of 'righteousness' meanwhile it is not by our self righteousness that qualifies us to be sons and daughters of god,it is our personl relationship with God if it was by works,only like 5oo people to 14o million nigerians will make it to heaven, END OF DISCUSSION!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 4:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
funnyx: There are so many of these hell visions lately, sometimes I wonder why would God allow many to perish by the continual delay of the coming of the Lord? If the world has been destroyed many centuries ago I believe less people will go to hell as many who are supposedly trooping to this hell now wouldn't have been born undecided
Did God create humans just to put as many of them in hell?
My dear, hell was originally created for the devil and the fallen angels now demons. Hell was initially very small, just for the very number of the fallen angels. But, hell have to enlarge itself to accommodate the ever willing humans created in God's own image, when they take the same position (rebel) against God.
If you are a rebel to God in any way, please repent now so that you will not end up there. Thank you.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
In2systems_Tech: Really don't think there is anything wrong with wearing them...

Meanwhile we have them in stock for sale at clearance prices... Check my signature
thank you o jare cheesy my fellow nigerian,abeg give me better silver or gold waist chain,leg chain and nose studs.how much does it cost,bangles inclusive.issshhhh 8-)

2 Likes

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 18, 2013
luluosas:
My dear, hell was originally created for the devil and the fallen angels now demons. Hell was initially very small, just for the very number of the fallen angels. But, hell have to enlarge itself to accommodate the ever willing humans created in God's own image, when they take the same position (rebel) against God.
If you are a rebel to God in any way, please repent now so that you will not end up there. Thank you.
all this deepers are at it again.smh.whatever happens to the verse that says SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND ALL OTHER THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
critique101:

genesis is before the wilderness experience. then, jewelries were permitted
Can you please tell me the content of that passage?
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by addictiv(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
ahonzi:

You still haven't addressed my point. For everytime He mentioned they strip it,they did something.Solomon had jewelries and ornaments of gold and so did other kings of Isreal after him,right to the birth of Jesus when gifts of precious ornaments were presented to him. Your car,your house even your children can lead you to sin when you make them idols.Not even when the golden calf incident took place did God even condemn these things.So......?
[size=14pt]show me one single place in the bible where God asked someone to remove ornaments from his house or from his robe for no just cause?...even the robe of the priests had precious stones on it.....gold was meant for beautification of our environment thats why it was used in the the temple and not to be hung on the body like labels.....did jesus put on earings??[/size]
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
ahonzi:

gbam
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2013
Simplesen: It is good to wear earrings because God already created holes in a females ear at birth. What did yu guys see about that? Why make God's work imperfect?

grin grin

How old are you 5? Females are born with their ears pierced?

Great scott!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
kulyie: all this deepers are at it again.smh.whatever happens to the verse that says SEEK FIRST THE KINGDOM OF GOD AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS AND ALL OTHER THINGS SHALL BE ADDED UNTO YOU
My dear, Jesus didn't mince any word when He said 'But seek ye first.... To get a better understanding of what Our Lord Jesus Christ meant, read the previous verses of Matthew 6:24-32 and note, if there's anything like jewelries part of 'all these things'. Thank you.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Kgdavid(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2013
addictiv: from the original plan gold was meant to be a building material, meant for the beautification of buildings and for trade not something to be worn.....earings were markings which were used to identify slaves.....God created the human body in his own image that means he created us perfect......adorning it with jewelries is like telling God that his work isnt good enough.
Ex:33:5: For the LORD had said unto Moses, Say unto the children of Israel, Ye are a stiffnecked people: I will come up into the midst of thee in a moment, and consume thee: [size=13pt]therefore now put off thy ornaments from thee, that I may know what to do unto thee.[/size]
if God did not care about jewelries he wont tell the Israelites to take them off.......Remain Blessed.

as soon as i saw this scripture i knew that all i had to do was to read the exact context of it to gain insight. read the entire chapter and probably the preceeding ones...God did not ask them not to wear ornaments He asked them to remove their ornaments at that specific time so as to be in a mood of mourning!!! can't you read and understand? why do people delight in extracting one verse out the context of its original meaning and then using it to justify their own opinion? why??

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by critique101(f): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
luluosas:
Please read Genesis 35:1-5 and tell me if that was after the wilderness experience.

:O :O wow
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by McLuhan(m): 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
The God whom I know is more interested in mercy than in silver and gold (Matt.9:13). Jesus did not come to give us dos and don'ts; He came to make us free (John8:36).

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
tosinsin: pls just watched a video about a woman you died and came back..what do u think?when you use jeweries,you go to hell
saw the video to, she also said somfin about thr Weavon, how it belongs to dragon, dat those who wore them close to the gate got their heads ripped of along with the weavon or sommfin like d dragon came out and shaved the heads of those who wore it with its sharp claws.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Kgdavid:

as soon as i saw this scripture i knew that all i had to do was to read the exact context of it to gain insight. read the entire chapter and probably the preceeding ones...God did not ask them not to wear ornaments He asked them to remove their ornaments at that specific time so as to be in a mood of mourning!!! can't you read and understand? why do people delight in extracting one verse out the context of its original meaning and then using it to justify their own opinion? why??
same thing the woman who claimed she Went to heaven and back on a return flight did @bolden. She used dat particular verse of the bible.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by critique101(f): 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
beatsbug: saw the video to, she also said somfin about thr Weavon, how it belongs to dragon, dat those who wore them close to the gate got their heads ripped of along with the weavon or sommfin like d dragon came out and shaved the heads of those who wore it with its sharp claws.

You can imagine the fate of any female you know who died with weavon on her hair. Its scary
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by maanma: 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Wearing earring n any form of beatification is sin. God cursed jewelries after the isrealites made the golden image. So take it or leave it jewelries are sin unto God.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Pain:
He will be heading to the hotest sector of hell with that tooth pick.

Im sure god must be very angry with him. I heard from a "lady" who just returned from a vacation to hell that the innovation department is working on a latest version of hell.

It's called HELL 2.0. It is meant for all those whose belief systems are different from yours! Rejoice! because it is a quantum 2.0 hotter than Version 1.0. All your enemies will cry their hearts out once they are "ported" into it. At least everyone's enemy(you inclusive) will end up there!
awon HEL TOURISTS tin tunde o cheesy if the woman actually went to hell for excursion or sight seeing,how come the fire did not burn her and she still has the opportunity to say their latest development in hell,cheiiiiii grin una go dey add jara and fisi to bible cheesy abeg make una dey suffri grin
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by addictiv(m): 4:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
Kgdavid:

[size=14pt]maybe i skipped the part where he asked them to put them on.. pls interprete the bible the way it is, .......did jesus put on earings??....[/size]
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2013

I thought I had seen and heard and read it all. OP you proved me wrong.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by luluosas(m): 4:47pm On Aug 18, 2013
shejane: Poverty mentality, som pple belv is wen u look dirty nd haggard dats wen uar really a born again there by remaining in poverty, christianity is nt punishment, we shall b d head nd nt d tail, if wearing earings is a sin den using creme or anytin on ur body is a sin
That is what you personally make out of it and never what the bible teaches and say. This is the excuse you always give to disobey the word of God.
Anyway, serving God, living holy, dressing holy, believing the bible, accepting the teachings of the bible, going to heaven or going to hell, etc are all choice to make.
Therefore, the ball is in your court but, don't say you weren't told. Thank you.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
critique101:

You can imagine the fate of any female you know who died with weavon on her hair. Its scary
this one don watch horror movie and harry porter taya grin hiannnn nothing wey i no go see for this land.all this propaganda against brazillian hair,peruvian hair etc will not work grin

NIGERIANSSSSS grin
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by nijanigga: 4:52pm On Aug 18, 2013
Very appalling, you see reasons why Nigeria is a backward nation and indeed sinking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / Should We Start Taking TB Joshua Seriously? / When To Be Silent In 20 Situations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.