Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? (37793 Views)

What Takes One To Hell? - Pastor Chris Oyakhilome PhD, DD, D.Sc / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / What Takes One To Heaven?I REALLY WANT TO KNOW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by amaralizzy40y: 8:27am On Aug 21, 2013
d bible said God has wonderful and fearfuly made us so we dn't need both jeweries, ornament of gold and even make ups. Rememba bible said he is a merciful God and also a consumin fire. So dat same bible we julge u at d last day.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 21, 2013
alexleo:

My fried you are shifting base now rather than accept that your comparison with cloth and earring does not hold water. Let me remind you where we started. You made a response that if earring should not be used since we said people should be natural as God created them, that people should also not wear cloth because we are not created with it. I now showed you that it is God that instituted wearing of cloth and further draw a difference between cloth and earring. Now instead of accepting that you are wrong you now asked me whether am sure God clothed Adam and Eve, I refered you to Genesis 3:21. Now you are saying God used leaves to cover them and that we should continue to wear leaves. Na wa for you. This is completely out of our line of argument but let me still answer you. Ok Where did God use leaves to cloth Adam and Eve? When Adam and Eve saw they where na.ked they used leaves to make apron to cover themselves in Genesis 3:7, then in verse 21 of the same chapter God now used the skin of animal to make a coat for them. You don't even read up the scriptures that I quote, your own is just to argue and even argue out of line. The cloth you are wearing today what is it made of? You think its made out of crude oil? The issue here is whether we should wear cloth or not. You can still read up my earlier post where I drew comparison between cloth and earring. Read it with an open mind. Like I said, you people are arguing this thing as if your whole life depends on it that's why you people argue out of context. I no dey force you bros. Follow whatever you like. Judgment throne is an On Your Own(OYO) thing.
The comparison is very related to this. But stun me.
There is no need trying to argue. But scripture says "the just shall live by faith". Not by his works. Were you saved because you did not wear ear ring? If you were not saved by that, how then shall you lose your salvation because you wear ear ring?
You are trying to institue the law, do you know if we try to keep one of the requirement of the law, we are bound to keep all?
Your main fear from all we've discussed so far is hell and judgement throne. When i read in my bible in the book of revelation, i was not told that some people went to hell because they wore ear ring. Theis names was not found in the book of life. And how shall they accept Jesus and its this thing that shall cause sin?
If the Lord knew this was a problem that he wanted to solve, he would have abundantly given us sufficient information to be wary of it.
Lastly, i wish alot of you folks would learn to differentiate in scriptures between the principles and the methods of the Lord. His method of relating with people in scripture might vary, but his principle is forever the same.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM, *SHALL* NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. (John 3:16 emphasis added)
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by soapdish(f): 9:05am On Aug 21, 2013
@ Amara, read ezekiel 16. I really think everybody should study D̶̲̥̅̊ bible and with the help of D̶̲̥̅̊ holy spirit, we will understand what God really wants from us.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by alexleo(m): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2013
idnoble135:
The comparison is very related to this. But stun me.
There is no need trying to argue. But scripture says "the just shall live by faith". Not by his works. Were you saved because you did not wear ear ring? If you were not saved by that, how then shall you lose your salvation because you wear ear ring?
You are trying to institue the law, do you know if we try to keep one of the requirement of the law, we are bound to keep all?
Your main fear from all we've discussed so far is hell and judgement throne. When i read in my bible in the book of revelation, i was not told that some people went to hell because they wore ear ring. Theis names was not found in the book of life. And how shall they accept Jesus and its this thing that shall cause sin?
If the Lord knew this was a problem that he wanted to solve, he would have abundantly given us sufficient information to be wary of it.
Lastly, i wish alot of you folks would learn to differentiate in scriptures between the principles and the methods of the Lord. His method of relating with people in scripture might vary, but his principle is forever the same.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH IN HIM, *SHALL* NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE. (John 3:16 emphasis added)

I still do not see any comparison between cloth and earring. They are two different things. Does the law not say that we shouldn't fornicate, steal, hate, murder etc. So what you are saying is that we should fornicate etc since we are not bound by the law? Its not in my place to condemn people but we are reasoning about these things so that one is not found wanting at the judgment throne. If you are not concerned about the judgment throne and the way you live your life that's for you. I am concerned about it because I want to make heaven. No stories. I know you people hold jewelries and fashion so dear in your heart. I was like that before but in my walk with Christ I lost my hold on them and started seeing them as things not worth holding dear. There was a time I held money and riding big cars etc so dear but in my walk with Christ I saw they are not worth holding dear. Those things are there just to serve me and not to control me in any way. Its only Jesus that is worth holding dear to me. Him I should serve. He is my life and my all. God bless you.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by GoodBoi1(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2013
Let your foundation not be the self-imposed doctrine of men. This reminds of the "make-up" thread around the time Kumuyi's son wedded. I observed there was silence on the "deeper life" side because the foundation was shaky(self-imposed by man). It was like the hope of their belief was gone. But for instance, if a top religious leader says fornication or lying is sin and back it up with convincing scriptures, no serious minded christian will believe because the foundation, the Word, is strong.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by GoodBoi1(m): 10:59am On Aug 21, 2013
alexleo:

I still do not see any comparison between cloth and earring. They are two different things. Does the law not say that we shouldn't fornicate, steal, hate, murder etc. So what you are saying is that we should fornicate etc since we are not bound by the law? Its not in my place to condemn people but we are reasoning about these things so that one is not found wanting at the judgment throne. If you are not concerned about the judgment throne and the way you live your life that's for you. I am concerned about it because I want to make heaven. No stories. I know you people hold jewelries and fashion so dear in your heart. I was like that before but in my walk with Christ I lost my hold on them and started seeing them as things not worth holding dear. There was a time I held money and riding big cars etc so dear but in my walk with Christ I saw they are not worth holding dear. Those things are there just to serve me and not to control me in any way. Its only Jesus that is worth holding dear to me. Him I should serve. He is my life and my all. God bless you.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by soapdish(f): 11:04am On Aug 21, 2013
1 Peter 3 v 3-NASB;Your adornment must not be merely external - braiding D̶̲̥̅̊ hair, and wearing gold jewelry or putting on dresses (4) but let it be D̶̲̥̅̊ hidden person of D̶̲̥̅̊ heart with D̶̲̥̅̊ imperishable quality of a gentle and quite spirit which is precious in D̶̲̥̅̊ sight of God.

1 Timothy 2 v 9- Likewise I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly, discreetly, not with briaided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments 10 but rather by means of good works as is proper for women...

Looking at D̶̲̥̅̊ wordings of these Chapters and verses of D̶̲̥̅̊ bible, can we sincerely interprete them as an express prohibition of those items listed therein?.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by GoodBoi1(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2013
soapdish: 1 Peter 3 v 3-NASB;Your adornment must not be merely external - braiding D̶̲̥̅̊ hair, and wearing gold jewelry or putting on dresses (4) but let it be D̶̲̥̅̊ hidden person of D̶̲̥̅̊ heart with D̶̲̥̅̊ imperishable quality of a gentle and quite spirit which is precious in D̶̲̥̅̊ sight of God.

1 Timothy 2 v 9- Likewise I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly, discreetly, not with briaided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments 10 but rather by means of good works as is proper for women...Looking at D̶̲̥̅̊ wordings of these Chapters and verses of D̶̲̥̅̊ bible, can we sincerely interprete them as an express prohibition of those items listed therein?.
means not only should women look good for their husband but they must not neglect their inner self.
I wonder why those against make up see no problem with braiding. I know deeper life/assembly girls braid their hair.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
wearing earing is a sin u can read jeremiah 4v30.

that place is not condemning it, rather God was stating how they left his command and were paying attention to their figurative beauty.

what do you think. if God saw these materials as being bad, do you think He would have used it for decoration?

Ezekiel 16:10-13

10 And I went on to clothe you with
an embroidered garment+ and to shoe
you with sealskin+ and to wrap you in
fine linen+ and to cover you with costly
material. 11 And I went on to deck you
with ornaments and to put bracelets +
upon your hands and a necklace + about
your throat. 12 Furthermore, I put a nose
ring + in your nostril and earrings on your
ears+ and a beautiful crown on your
head.+ 13 And you kept decking yourself
with gold and silver, and your attire was
fine linen and costly material and an
embroidered garment.+ Fine flour and
honey and oil + were what you ate, and
you grew to be very, very pretty, and
gradually you became fit for royal
position.’” +
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 21, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
d bible said God has wonderful and fearfuly made us so we dn't need both jeweries, ornament of gold and even make ups. Rememba bible said he is a merciful God and also a consumin fire. So dat same bible we julge u at d last day.

Amara you are correct. we are wonderfully made. however, what was made is our fleshly bodies, not the cloth in our bodies, nor is it any of the things that enhances our beauty.

we are saying that the bible doesnt condemn these things, such as powder, cream, earrings, necklaces etc.

of course, there is need for moderation.

but if we say that those who use them will be judged sinners, do you still think that these sinners will include God himself, Joseph, Easther even more? I have egs to back it up.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2013
alexleo:

Its your believe. We could have had a proper one on one discussion from the word on this. I do have constraints some times when trying to express my thoughts online.
Its well brother. God is your strength.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 21, 2013
soapdish: 1 Peter 3 v 3-NASB;Your adornment must not be merely external - braiding D̶̲̥̅̊ hair, and wearing gold jewelry or putting on dresses (4) but let it be D̶̲̥̅̊ hidden person of D̶̲̥̅̊ heart with D̶̲̥̅̊ imperishable quality of a gentle and quite spirit which is precious in D̶̲̥̅̊ sight of God.

1 Timothy 2 v 9- Likewise I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly, discreetly, not with briaided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments 10 but rather by means of good works as is proper for women...

Looking at D̶̲̥̅̊ wordings of these Chapters and verses of D̶̲̥̅̊ bible, can we sincerely interprete them as an express prohibition of those items listed therein?.
Thank you sister. This translation is beautiful. Did you observe it says, "your adornment MUST not be MERELY external". This solves it. The apostle is trying to communicate to us that its ok you wear it... But do not beautify the outer man and forget the inner you(your spirit). It did not say abstain, it says do not let it be merely. Wonder how people twist the scriptures.
Abeg, if you guys are afraid to use gold ear rings, pls, pass it over to me. I can give my siblings cheesy
Jesus made christianity simple. He said my yoke is light. Why are we trying to make it difficult for ourselves?
My stand is still same.
Idnoble135

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by GoodBoi1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
I now see why the book of Proverbs placed much emphasis on UNDERSTANDING.The Bible warns us against an idolatrous view of outward beauty and adornment, while approving of the right use of both.
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 21, 2013
^
Yea.. You hit it!
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by PrettyGaby(f): 7:34pm On Aug 23, 2013
anybody who uses 1peter 3vs3 to preach against earrings but you don't preach against hair braiding and you wear clothes, is either a hypocrite or confused fellow. is it that we cant understand English or we just love twisting the word of God and taking it out of context , just to make a light yoke, more burdensome? the new covenant has enough rules of living without adding manmade ideas and perception to it.

1 Like

Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by inosend: 1:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
damosky12:
FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON THAT WHOSOEVER BELIEVETH ON HIM SHALL NOT PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE - John 3:16. Note: He didnt say "..that whosoever does not wear jewelries.." "COME UNTO ME ALL YE THAT LABOUR AND ARE HEAVY LADEN AND I WILL GIVE YOU REST"- Matthew 11:28. [b] Note, He didnt say "Come unto me all ye that do not wear jewelries" No!! He said "ALL ye that labour". Coming unto Him simply means 'accepting Him as Lord and saviour'. His salvation and rest is for anybody who accepts Him and not for those who abstain from jewelries .
FOR WITH THE HEART, MAN BELIEVETH UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS, WITH THE MOUTH, CONFESSION IS MADE UNTO SALVATION.-Romans 10:10 Note: He didnt say "by abstaining from jewelries, man becometh righteous" NO!!!!!!! He said "with the heart man believeth unto righteousness, with your mouth, you announce yourself unto salvation .
The Only way to make heaven is simply by accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour- Romans 10:9. That is the only way to be saved. WEARING JEWELRIES HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SALVATION.
Psalm 24:1 says: " The earth is the Lord and the fullness thereof..."
Thats a fallacy from the devil to keep people in bondage and away from the truth.
What happened to "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" and "Faith without work is dead"? Faith alone is not enough but MUST be accompanied by WORK (dressing inclusive)
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by urbuddy: 9:14am On Sep 15, 2016
Lenny5000:

Here is the problems with people, after this person took his time to explain this,using the BIBLE as reference, some still feel the need to drag it on... Like this post says, no Vision is greater than GOD so pls stop this rubbish! People believe every crap and this is the number reason Pastors are reaping the people off coining out new theories everyday. Ear rings are part of dressing both in the old times and now... It has absolutely nothing to do with your Salvation... Even here where I reside I have seen a Policeman putting on Earring, so make we hear word abeg!
Sir, if you have a mother or sisters that didn't repent of these things before death closes their eyes , THEY ARE IN HELL AT PRESENT and more will join them because of your heresy. Do you know the origins of these ear rings, wedding rings, attachments ? if you don't , then please shut up . lead yourself to destruction and stop taking people alongside with you . its irritating to the Most High God . Here is why you need to FLEE from those Evil innovations www.eternityrace.com/2015/11/990-years-in-kingdom-of-darkness-series.html?m=1 and www.eternityrace.com/2014/10/worldly-appearance-of-women-and-her.html?m=1 God bless you . please save the page to revisit anytime . You are not created for hell
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by urbuddy: 9:19am On Sep 15, 2016
UjSizzle:
Really shocked I'd hate to give up my ear rings
Then please be ready for perdition . here is why you would perish if you don't repent www.eternityrace.com/2014/10/worldly-appearance-of-women-and-her.html?m=1
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by urbuddy: 9:21am On Sep 15, 2016
igbeke:
Where in d Holy Bible were we taught anything dat is against earrings?
Job was said to be a perfect and upright man before God. JOB1:1
Yet when God was.to restore him, EARRING OF GOLD was among the presents he was given. Job 42:11
Did u ever wonder what he did with them?
ask me and I.will tell u.
Are we supposed to kno The Bible.more than The Almighty God that gave it?
Well this is my opinion:
moderation is what the Holy Bible asked us to apply in everything we do.
Here is the verse www.eternityrace.com/2014/10/990-years-in-kingdom-of-darkness-by.html?m=1
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by urbuddy: 9:45am On Sep 15, 2016
nneh1:
this is what people will continue saying till they march down to hell.
Exactly. Its Sad . They yeild to the deception coming from the pit of hell .
Re: Wearing Jewelries Takes One To Hell? by akinolaojopaul: 10:45am On Mar 16, 2020
Anyway, in my option wearing earring does not necessary taking to hell. Gold and others precious gifts from God are blessing to humanity. First of all the ointment and others that God told Jacob to disposed off were the ones already allocated to worship of idols, if you have anything like that using primary for your beauty is not a sin since is not taken from idol, or taking/affecting your quality time you suppose to spend with your God or you are not spending resources you suppose use for the propagation of the work of God, cater for your family or giving alms on it. If all these are not affected i think you are good to go! But if it does, hell may be the destination for such fellow. Again God had told Israelite to collect the gold and other precious things while delivering them from the land of Egypt cause the heart of Egyptians to bless them according to the scriptures, which show that God primarily was not against such kind of precious gifts, but God later told them to dispose all of them when it became snare to them for the making of idols as object of gods and worship the mentality the carried from Egypt to replace their place of their Yahweh in their hearts. Even their wearing of clothes as pertain to men and women falls under this same school of thoughts. Also if you are not using them to oppress the lowly and blessed hearts or against the passage of the word of God into the souls of the children of God, it can not be snare to you into the hell. If these thoughts are been cleared in our heart to our relationship to our blessed God, i think is not bad! But my suggestion is before you use or buy them, seek God's will and check your motive for getting them. You are blessed in the LORD! A.O. PAUL MIRROR

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / The Trinity Doctrine Is a False doctrine and it is Unbiblical. / Charles Agyinasare Celebrates His Wife's Birthday With A Boat Trip (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.