Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike (7835 Views)

Thugs Invade Edo Council, Beat Councillors / Photo: Court Sack Wike Orders Fresh Election / Baraje-led PDP To Jonathan: Sack Wike Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
The National Councillors’ Forum of Nigeria, Rivers State Chapter, has called on President Goodluck Jonathan to sack the Minister of State for Education, Mr. Nyesom Wike, over his utterances, which the councillors said bordered on breach of peace, incitement and partisan campaign.

The forum, in a statement in Port Harcourt and jointly signed by the Forum’s chairman, Mr. Lesor Nwigbaranee, and Publicity Secretary, Mr. Dagogo Humphrey, said the minister had been inciting his supporters to fight the Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi’s supporters.

It also recalled a statement credited to the minister that the state would be made ungovernable for the governor and that the governor would not be allowed to sleep with his two eyes closed.
“The honourable action expected of the minister was to resign to enable him to further his ambition and in the absence of that, the President should sack him. In the past, no President had allowed his ministers to combine their ministerial positions and ambition,” the forum stated.

Citing former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s era, where ministers with ambition were asked to resign, the councillors also recalled that Jonathan had also charged such ministers to resign and pursue their ambition but that the advice had not been taken seriously.

In his reaction, the Assistant Publicity Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers, Mr. Samuel Nwanosike, dismissed the claims of the councillors.

Nwanosike asked the councillors to sympathise with their colleagues from Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, who were suspended by the state House of Assembly with the support of the state government.

Nwanosike, who is also the Secretary General of the Grassroots Development Initiative, recalled that Wike only said those who had been making life difficult for Obio/Akpor people would also not be allowed to sleep.

He added that Jonathan was aware of the performance of the minister and was not contemplating sacking him based on flimsy and spurious claims.
http://www.informationng.com/?p=116683
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by MrAboki: 12:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
GBAM!!!!

Wike should be sacked and returned to Rivers State for immediate Kidnapping and beating.. angry
He cant be running his mouth at Amaechi, while sitting down and working in an Office that Amaechi put him in.. #NEVER!

Ungrateful Murrafucker!!

Note:By virtue of the deleted posts above me, Guess who just became the first to comment?! grin

YUP!! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE grin

3 Likes

Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by momodub: 12:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
smiley
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by joeadex(m): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
grin
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by leggo: 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
Gej is a stubborn man who thinks himself wise. Shepopotamus rules this country

1 Like

Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Soreza(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
even in goodluck dreams dont expect him to,wike is like a hoe in the hands of patience goodluck to fight against her husband rival and enemies,patience convince wike to do it at first,so goodluck can never do it.gbam
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by miteolu(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
minister of state for education and minister of education.
I do not understand. can dis b duplication of National responsibility.
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Stanvick1(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
Councillors? When dey get mouth to tell my dear presido what to do?
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Adex097: 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yea...the man should be sacked.
I never liked him.
He talks like an illitra8 tout angry angry
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
Goodluck won't sack him remember his image in rivers state is still under repair since the Amaechi fiasco.
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Demdem(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
Stanvick1: Councillors? When dey get mouth to tell my dear presido what to do?

Because the retardeen seems not to know his right from his left. why appoint a piece of shit who prefers to fight his political enemies when ur constituent as minister of education (ASUU) is on fire.

1 Like

Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
back to rivers state wahala!!
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 16, 2013
You guyz are wasting your time.
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by duality(m): 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mr Aboki: GBAM!!!!

Wike should be sacked and returned to Rivers State for immediate Kidnapping and beating.. angry
He cant be running his mouth at Amaechi, while sitting down and working in an Office that Amaechi put him in.. #NEVER!

Ungrateful Murrafucker!!

I understand your sentiments. But people like Wike are needed politically.That is why in political appointments, you don't appoint all technocrats. You need to have a good mix. Ask OBJ. The senior minister may be a technocrat, the Junior minister must be a real politician. that is the way to go man. I know you know this fact.

The reasons OBJ had to reorganize his cabinet close to election time.

3 Likes

Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Tinoxky: 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
H-Factor! Jst passing :oH-Factor! Jst passing
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Soloter(m): 12:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
wike (wicked) is fronting the kindergarten presidency. is it not part of wike's impugned activities that made Baba Akande to conclude that this administration has been reduced to kindergarten affairs?
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
Long overdue undecided
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Pukkah: 12:39pm On Aug 16, 2013
duality:

The senior minister may be a technocrat, the Junior minister must be a real politician. that is the way to go man. I know you know this fact.

Where did you come across this please?
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by homesteady(m): 12:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
Both Wike and Amaechi should be sacked!!
But since Amaechi can't be sacked! Wike should also not be sacked!
You don't punish one thief and let the other go

2 Likes

Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by OmerianConsult: 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Seems like this Wike will go, nobody seems to want him.
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Demdem(m): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
duality:

I understand your sentiments. But people like Wike are needed politically.That is why in political appointments, you don't appoint all technocrats. You need to have a good mix. Ask OBJ. The senior minister may be a technocrat, the Junior minister must be a real politician. that is the way to go man. I know you know this fact.

why must we even have a Junior minister considering the perm sec, directors etc manning all these ministries? is like u sanctioning junior commissioners. does that make sense to u at all?
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by arabanibaba: 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
all this first and 3rd to comment should be pack by this ibadan guys
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by chimchim1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
i luv all the comments here. just passing
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by sirgreen: 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
ebenezer4o2:
http://www.infNwanosike, who is also the Secretary General of the Grassroots Development Initiative, recalled that Wike only said those who had been making life difficult for Obio/Akpor people would also not be allowed to sleep.

He added that Jonathan was aware of the performance of the minister and was not contemplating sacking him based on flimsy and spurious claimsormationng.com/?p=116683
I can see even as secretary of counselors you still defend ur Bose wike cos u are his follower on GDI even u need to be sack
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Tayo114: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
God protect Ameachi
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by 1forall: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
See what we've been saying? Why are elected public officials forming forums all over? A problem left unaddressed will only give birth to more ridiculous problems. When nothing was done to sack the valueless governor's forum, now we have a councillor's forum yapping. Now who knows what the next distorted idea to wield political power is going to throw up?
Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by MrAboki: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
Demdem:

why must we even have a Junior minister considering the perm sec, directors etc manning all these ministries? is like u sanctioning junior commissioners. does that make sense to u at all?

Bros I dey hail o!

I just wan advise you make you no make mistake pass Oyo State carelessly o.. Dem don dey catch your type now for the state! I hear say na narrow escape Bluetooth take escape yesterday.. grin

Take am easy sha...

3 Likes

Re: Councillors Urge Jonathan To Sack Wike by Demdem(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Bros I dey hail o!

I just wan advise you make you no make mistake pass Oyo State carelessly o.. Dem don dey catch your type now for the state! I hear say na narrow escape Bluetooth take escape yesterday.. grin

Take am easy sha...

Okija, Wettin u dey talk sef?

(1) (2) (Reply)

'Obama Gave Us Buhari,We Gave Them Trump';Pro-Biafrans Celebrate In Rivers. PICS / Shi’ite Protest: IGP Places Aigs, Cps In FCT, Neighbouring States On Red Alert / Mele Kyari: Fuel Consumption, Smuggling Gulp 54 Million Litres Per Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.