Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! (20913 Views)

Fifty Shades Of Grey Vs Clan Of The Cave Bear, Discuss / What Do Project Managers Discuss In A Meeting During An Oil Drilling Project? / Who Is A Fan Of Federick Forsyth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 10:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hello, I was a bit disappointed and surprised when I didn't see a place for fans of Mangas/Manwhas/Anime and other to join here on NL, I'm sure I'm not the only one on the forum who appreciate them.

I created this topic for us to discuss about our Favorite Mangas, their progression, the characters and our views about the plot of the stories.

Please feel free to share your views, what you like and dislike and other cheesy
It will be a good occasion to discover -or remember- Mangas, find new reading material....

The discussion can also be extended to these subjects: Japanese culture, Cosplays, fan-fictions, OST, Animes/Movies, J-pop, K-pop.... and all what touches the universe around Mangas. cheesy

Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Stegomiah: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
Just wanna be †ђξ first to comment on your thread!
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2013
I'll open the discussion grin
My favorite Mangas

Currently reading:
-One Piece
-Naruto
-Bleach
-Fairy Tail
-Beelzebub
-The Breaker: New Waves
-Kamisama Hajimemashita
-Ao no Exorcist
-Onepunch-Man
-Freezing
-Ratman
-Sun-ken Rock
-Code:Breaker
-Gakuen Babysitters
-Gakuen Alice
-Nisekoi
-To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
-Zettai Karen Children

Comics:
-Noblesse
-Onepunch-Man (ONE)
-Tower of God
-Crepuscule (Yamchi)
-Girls of the Wild's
-The God of High School
-Kubera
-The Devil King Is Bored
-Dr. Frost
-TAL

Finished:
-Deadman Wonderland
-Gamaran
-Nurarihyon no Mago
-Vampire Knight
-Medaka Box
-Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn!
-Fruit Basket
-The Breaker
And many others!
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 10:31pm On Aug 15, 2013
I must admit that I have a preference for Shounen/Seinen Mangas embarassed
I do not like Japanese Shoujos, I think that the girls act too stupidly in those
but I LIKE Korean Shoujos especially those from the Mangaka Hwan Mi Ri cheesy one of my favorites, I appreciate each and every one of her works grin
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 10:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
Stegomiah: Just wanna be †ђξ first to comment on your thread!
grin grin grin
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Stegomiah: 10:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
The good thing is that i am also a fan of manga, that makes us both! grin

I L♥√ع animations and i have a little knowledge about it. I think mangas is associated with the japabese and chinese, and it has a long history, aldo i don't know much about its popularity especially in this part of the world.

My favourite anime is Naruto by Masashi Kishimato! I so much L♥√ع d series, i remembered following it with my brother a few years back!

Dats all i gat 2 say 4 now. #Following thread#
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 10:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
grin Yeah, me too I like Naruto, I'm reading the scans and watching the Anime on TV, cool. grin
Who your favorite character ?
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Stegomiah: 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sanboy25: grin Yeah, me too I like Naruto, I'm reading the scans and watching the Anime on TV, cool. grin
Who your favorite character ?

My favourite character is dead.

i so much L♥√ع Itachi aldo i have others too like sasuke, shikamaru...
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 10:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
Stegomiah:

My favourite character is dead.

i so much L♥√ع Itachi aldo i have others too like sasuke, shikamaru...
What a pity.
Cool to see that there are other fan of Mangas on NL grin
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Stegomiah: 11:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sanboy25:
What a pity.
Cool to see that there are other fan of Mangas on NL grin

Yeah! I know a little when compared to my brother, he likes all this ninja films, it was his obsession for mangas that got me involved.

So who is your favourite naruto character and your favourite manga/anime series/movies?
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Omobarca: 11:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
Is avatar aang †he last airbender also a manga?
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
Stegomiah: Yeah! I know a little when compared to my brother, he likes all this ninja films, it was his obsession for mangas that got me involved.
So who is your favourite naruto character and your favourite manga/anime series/movies?
My favorite character in Naruto is of course Naruto grin grin I also like Gaara, female: Hinata. Fan of the couple NaruXHina grin In terms of power, my favorite is Nagato.

My favorite manga of all time is One Piece, the drawing is not very easy on the eyes BUT the story and characters are so 'attention-catching' grin

1 Like

Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 11:16pm On Aug 15, 2013
Omo_barca: Is avatar aang †he last airbender also a manga?
Yes I consider it like one. Is it your favorite.... or the only one you know.... ? smiley
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Omobarca: 11:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sanboy25:
Yes I consider it like one. Is it your favorite.... or the only one you know.... ? smiley
†he former, I LOVE it.

Also heard of naruto, never liked it because I never understood it. They speak Cantonese/korean/japanese, don't they? Do yall understand what they say or grin you read †he midgets body movements? Lool.

Maybe †he one I saw had no subtitle. Lol
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Stegomiah: 11:26pm On Aug 15, 2013
[quote
author=Sanboy25]
Yes I
consider it like one. Is it your favorite.... or the only one you
know.... ? smiley
[/quote]

I like avatar too, but i wont consider it a manga, its a animation series quite ryt, but it is made in the states, by popular director Cameron .....(ex sandra bullock's husband) but mangas drawings are quite different and it is associated with japanese and chinese, dats wat makes it a manga, with all this there Ninja fights.

Avatars animation is quite different from a typical mangas anime, but since the thread is not only on mangas, avatar is welcomed since it is an anime, just stating d difference.

@ sanboy, i like naruto too, but i so much love itachi, jst remembad rock lee grin
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
Omo_barca: †he former, I LOVE it.
Also heard of naruto, never liked it because I never understood it. They speak Cantonese/korean/japanese, don't they? Do yall understand what they say or grin you read †he midgets body movements? Lool.
Maybe †he one I saw had no subtitle. Lol
Hahaha, of course we watch them either with the subtitle or with the English voices (you can find it in streaming on Internet) grin
Me neither I don't understand Japanese grin grin grin

Me too I LIKED Avatar so much!!! I heard that fan that wanted the serie to continue had created a possible continuation of the serie from where it finished/stopped, you can read it on internet in english of course cheesy

Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 11:32pm On Aug 15, 2013
Stegomiah: I like avatar too, but i wont consider it a manga, its a animation series quite ryt, but it is made in the states, by popular director Cameron .....(ex sandra bullock's husband) but mangas drawings are quite different and it is associated with japanese and chinese, dats wat makes it a manga, with all this there Ninja fights.
Avatars animation is quite different from a typical mangas anime, but since the thread is not only on mangas, avatar is welcomed since it is an anime, just stating d difference. @ sanboy, i like naruto too, but i so much love itachi, jst remembad rock lee grin
Yeah, of course it's not a 'real' manga, I was just saying so because it's moreless how people classifies it, they put it in the same bag as Japanese Anime... undecided

Me too, I find Lee quite funny and very strong when he opens the 'Celestial Doors' or again with his 'Drunk-man' techniques grin grin
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Omobarca: 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sanboy25:
Hahaha, of course we watch them either with the subtitle or with the English voices (you can find it in streaming on Internet) grin
Me neither I don't understand Japanese grin grin grin

Me too I LIKED Avatar so much!!! I heard that fan that wanted the serie to continue had created a possible continuation of the serie from where it finished/stopped, you can read it on internet in english of course cheesy

grin yall are so into this naruto winkI think I'll give it another try
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Omobarca: 11:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
Stegomiah:

@ sanboy, i like naruto too, but i so much love itachi, jst remembad rock lee grin
Is that some character in naruto?
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
Omo_barca:
Is that some character in naruto?
Yeah it's the brother of Sasuke, and Sasuke is the rival of the protagonist: Naruto. grin
Yeah you should try to give it a try, it's one of the most popular and best-selling mangas out there, it's really fun cheesy
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Omobarca: 11:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sanboy25:
Yeah it's the brother of Sasuke, and Sasuke is the rival of the protagonist: Naruto. grin
Yeah you should try to give it a try, it's one of the most popular and best-selling mangas out there, it's really fun cheesy

wink I will, sangirl. wink
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 12:04am On Aug 16, 2013
Omo_barca:

wink I will, sangirl. wink
embarassed grin
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Meklex(m): 8:26am On Aug 16, 2013
Where can I read or download mangas and comics, been searching for it
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
Meklex: Where can I read or download mangas and comics, been searching for it
Hi, to READ Mangas ONLINE you can go on:
- Mangafox.com
- Mangadoom.com
- mangaeden.com
- batoto.net

To read Comics ONLINE:
- Batoto.net

To DOWNLOAD mangas/comics:
- mangatraders.com
grin

Do you already read/watch mangas ? Which ones ? cheesy
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Meklex(m): 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
Sanboy25:
Hi, to READ Mangas ONLINE you can go on:
- Mangafox.com
- Mangadoom.com
- mangaeden.com
- batoto.net

To read Comics ONLINE:
- Batoto.net

To DOWNLOAD mangas/comics:
- mangatraders.com
grin

Do you already read/watch mangas ? Which ones ? cheesy
I want to test where my interest lies in, I have written some literary works, sketched some portraits, read some conventional novels, now reading manga and comics ain't such a bad idea, is it??
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
Meklex: I want to test where my interest lies in, I have written some literary works, sketched some portraits, read some conventional novels, now reading manga and comics ain't such a bad idea, is it??
Hum cool, have you shared your work her on NL ? Can I look at it/read it if you're OK with it ? smiley
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
Sanboy25: Hello, I was a bit disappointed and surprised when I didn't see a place for fans of Mangas/Manwhas/Anime and other to join here on NL, I'm sure I'm not the only one on the forum who appreciate them.

I created this topic for us to discuss about our Favorite Mangas, their progression, the characters and our views about the plot of the stories.

Please feel free to share your views, what you like and dislike and other cheesy
It will be a good occasion to discover -or remember- Mangas, find new reading material....

The discussion can also be extended to these subjects: Japanese culture, Cosplays, fan-fictions, OST, Animes/Movies, J-pop, K-pop.... and all what touches the universe around Mangas. cheesy

angry angry angry angry you don't know what you have started, i am a Manga freak and this also the best site for anime is animecrazy.eu i watch all my mangas there, it was so bad that a job i wanted to quit i delayed resigning just because of the night shifts and watching manga, try this Horror ones : "Another One" , "Death Note" ,"Psychic Detective Yakumo" then actions and more political ones like "Code gease" its like death note, also Ghost in the shell standalone complex, then bloody ones like "Claymore","Soul Eater" the Gray man is not bad but no season 2 ain't out, gave up on Naruto too long and much fillers, Bleach too predictable, also "Guardian of the spirit (Seirei no Moribito) is a matured anime", "Un-Go" is deep if you are into nice anime about detective and matured story line then some romance i watched "Oregairu" the character is so much like me always thinking about depressing stuff and seeing the ugly part of life, however the character has a bit gay tendency very funny ish. Whatever you do avaoid this anime it's crap "Devil chibi" wasted my time. the list is long i have finished so many animes i watch during my free times.
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
Sanboy25: I'll open the discussion grin
My favorite Mangas

Currently reading:
-One Piece (Hate the drawing and too freaking long)
-Naruto (Gave up too long)
-Bleach (Nah too predictable)
-Fairy Tail (Happy is my favourite character than grey)
-Beelzebub (I hate this anime with a passion)
-The Breaker: New Waves ( will check it out)
-Kamisama Hajimemashita (same as above)
-Ao no Exorcist (Not interesting)
-Onepunch-Man (Nope)
-Freezing(Nope)
-Ratman(Hell No)
-Sun-ken Rock(No)
-Code:Breaker
-Gakuen Babysitters
-Gakuen Alice
-Nisekoi
-To Aru Kagaku no Railgun
-Zettai Karen Children

Comics:
-Noblesse
-Onepunch-Man (ONE)
-Tower of God
-Crepuscule (Yamchi)
-Girls of the Wild's
-The God of High School
-Kubera
-The Devil King Is Bored
-Dr. Frost
-TAL

Finished:
-Deadman Wonderland ( my brother recommended this to me, about prison and entertainment)
-Gamaran
-Nurarihyon no Mago
-Vampire Knight (Gay)
-Medaka Box
-Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! (Hitman baby, i like the dude with dynamites)
-Fruit Basket
-The Breaker
And many others!
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Francheezy(m): 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
Sanboy so u read all that?? :oSanboy so u read all that??
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 7:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
Francheezy: Sanboy so u read all that?? :oSanboy so u read all that??
Yeah of course, I'm a real geek grin
Re: Fan Of Mangas ? Let's Join And Discuss Here! by Sanboy25: 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
@PC GURU: You should try to read the scans, me I only read, I sometimes watch the animes on my TV. But by reading the series, you don't have fillers or other things like that, Also I think that reading is better because it is less childish: For example a manga like Naruto, when you're reading it you can see that this manga is directed to people from 12 years old whereas the anime is more like for kids starting from 8 years old.

I can understand your frustration when it comes to fillers, it's also the reason which made me give up on watching the animes and to go after the scans. I'll check out your website for the animes, it's always entertaining to watch episodes from time to time... thanks for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Dotted Lines ... / Six Lessons Of Life (fun) / Nairaland Literary Award (2020) Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.