Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? (14377 Views)

123 Reasons Why You Should Never Seek Advice On Nairaland / Letter To The Future(yr 2,999) Drop your 'I Was Here' msgs to the Future NLndrs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by mukina2: 2:02am On Aug 16, 2013
A Bolivian man born in 1890 - and still going strong - has been revealed as the oldest living person ever recorded, it was reported today.

Carmelo Flores Laura turned 123 last month, according to Bolivia's civil registry.

Yet the herder, from the mountain village of Frasquicia, 50 miles outside the capital La Paz, is still healthy, walks without a stick and doesn't wear glasses, according to reports.

Mr Laura, who lost his wife ten years ago, told Bolivia's Rede Uno TV station that he believes the secret to a long life is taking daily long walks, and never eating pasta or sugar.

Instead, he said he has spent his life eating cananhua, a wild species of quinoa which is rich in protein and amino acid.

He added:'I've never been lazy. I always shared the cooking with my wife.

'We would only eat what we could find growing wild. We ate mostly skunk meat. I still go on long walks every day.'

The Bolivian's biblical age means he would easily overtake the current oldest living person, 115-year-old Japanese woman Misao Okawa.

And he would beat Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment, who died in 1997 age 122, as the oldest verified age on record.

The oldest ever man, Japanese Jiroemon Kimura, died this year age just 116.

In order to claim the title, Mr Laura's documents now need to be verified by a Guinness Book of Records official.

Guinness World Records says the oldest living person verified by original proof of birth is Misao Okawa, a 115-year-old Japanese woman.

Guinness spokeswoman Jamie Panas said it wasn't aware of a claim being filed for the Bolivian.

'I should be about 100 years old or more,' Flores says. But his memory is dim.

Although birth certificates didn't exist in Bolivia when he was born, Mr Laura's birth date is confirmed on his baptism certificate, considered an authentic record of birth in the country.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2394414/Is-Carmelo-Flores-Laura-worlds-oldest-man-Bolivian-herders-records-hes-123-years-old.html?ICO=most_read_module

3 Likes

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by k2039: 2:08am On Aug 16, 2013
This man has seen things.

Instead, he said he has spent his life eating cananhua, a wild species of quinoa which is rich in protein and amino acid.
In other news, about time I changed my diet to Cananhua.

All thesame, I pray to live long but not as long as this man.

1 Like

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Chanchit: 5:18am On Aug 16, 2013
God just gave this man the ability to live long ni, if you like dey chop manna from heaven, you can die @any time.

3 Likes

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Deiok(m): 7:08am On Aug 16, 2013
Abegi E, my Great Grand mother is still alife. She is over 135 years. She never eat what do you call it ... cananhua or what ever.
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 16, 2013
God gave dem lng lyf cauz he wantid 2 or 4 a reazin, dose didnt live long bcauz of their daily long walk or deir canabula diet
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
THE GODS BLESS THE NATIVE AMERICAN INCA AYAMARA & QUECHUA TRIBESMEN OF SOUTH AMERICA who stay strong despite the suffering and pain they've undergone at the hands of the christian missionaries, colonists and conquistadors.
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by luckmike(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
I run .... no ask me why
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by MrAboki: 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
Juju Sturvs...

1 Like

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
1.2.3...Wow!!!
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Samgreguc(m): 3:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
una neva see anything. Cum naija villages and u will see 150 and above.

3 Likes

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
make dem find a wife for him, he's due to marry
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Siga: 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
...Irony of life... In a world where all these Millionaires and Billionaires hardly survive 70yrs.... see where this Baba dey and still firing all cylinders....
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by sureteeboy(m): 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
He is far from being the Oldest man. Even Kim Soo Ro of the Gaya confredacy lived for over 150 years.
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mmmmmmm na waoooo
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by canalily(m): 4:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
I know the secret. Pls dnt ask me to tell you
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Krasid(m): 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
123.I thought the maximum age for any human being is 120 years.
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by nerodenero: 4:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
There could be somebody older than him.

1 Like

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by stano2(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
small compare to 123 wey i see
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by 190theclown: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
my grandmother (May her soul rest in peace) died at a tender age of 160 years

yes fact!!

I was there when they gave birth to her so free all these matter!!

they should come to Nigeria, i have her ID and International passport showing her dates of birth including birthcertificate

she used to even ride Bicycle from Okene all the way down to cotonu twice a week #yet where wasnt she documented#

mscheww

1 Like

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by xynerise: 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
123yrs is not the oldest person, just that we Nigerians are not interested in keeping records. I attended a burial and the man was 145yrs before he died.

1 Like

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by jimjones: 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
yea, i could give a fuсk. undecided
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Shekson(m): 4:09pm On Aug 16, 2013
Not much of a big deal. Not by hau long yu live but by hau well yu have lived.
All praise be to God for bestowing upon him that longevity in good health.
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Saraben(f): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
DERE MST B PPL OLDER DAN HM,ND DEY DNT EAT ANY SPECIAL TN
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by MrAboki: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
190-the-clown:

yes fact!!

they should come to Nigeria, i have her ID and International passport showing her dates of birth including birthcertificate

she used to even ride Bicycle from Okene all the way down to cotonu twice a week #yet where wasnt she documented#

mscheww

I know her.. She was my friend on facebook since 1922..

#Cool Chick..

3 Likes

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by chei: 4:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
I know a man that lived up 300 years. He died last two years ago after commiting suicide.
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Krasid(m): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
190-the-clown:

yes fact!!

Have you gone to the hospital for check-up today?

1 Like

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Alikaxon(m): 4:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by deebrain(m): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
luckmike: I run .... no ask me why

Fear not for i am with thee...(follows him to run)

1 Like

Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 4:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
Who knows?
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Alikaxon(m): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
The man try sha, there are many old men in african villages, just that there is no birth certificate to make proof it. I know a 136 years old man in agbor who died not too long ago, but nothing to make it tenable.[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Is 123-yr-old Carmelo Florest, The World's Oldest Man? by Freiburger(m): 4:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mr Aboki:

I know her.. She was my friend on facebook since 1922..

#Cool Chick..
LMFAO grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Forum Password Reminder / Happy Birthday To Me! / Electric Shock Kills A Man In Bayelsa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.