Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces (41762 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces Display Boko Haram Flags Captured During Battle With Them / See The Beautiful And Gallant Nigerian Armed Forces Women...PICTURES / US Four Star General Of AFRICOM Caught In The Web Of Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Shekson(m): 3:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
Saraben: I WANT TO B LIK U MA'AM. SO HELP ME GOD AMEN

Amen. Enlist sharply. Military and paramilitary agencies recruiting annually. Apply. We need more female folks.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Katsumoto: 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull:

I wrote my response based on what he/she had written and posted. The fact remains that Mrs. ADERONKE KALE may not be the first Nigerian female doctor who is a commissioned officer in Nigerian armed forces.

So your response was based on a QUESTION that you created in your own mind and not a statement found in the article?

Your comment, which I responded to, was about the OP not honouring others who attained ranks below General but who may have joined the Army before Ronke Kale. Everyone is entitled to open threads that is to their liking. If you are not happy about a thread honouring the first female general, why not open your own thread about the first anything, say Corporal in the Army/Navy/Police, etc. This habit of not responding directly to what is factual to everyone, instead preferring to fabricate your own irrelevant facts and subsequently pontificating is completely exasperating and unacceptable.

If you don't like a topic, why not avoid it completely instead of ending up with egg on your face?

You are sinking very fast Dede1.

3 Likes

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by kq(m): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull:

This display of idiocy comes to full glare when ninnies dabble into subject matters beyond their pedigree. There is nothing such as two-star general in Navy. It is two-star admiral.

Again in case your deficiency in comprehension had acted up, I wrote “attended the rank of Major in 1966 and would have attended the rank of general barring unforeseen circumstances, olodo.

Dude you do not know what you are talking about. there is such a thing as a two star General even in the Navy. This is because in there is a comparison of ranks in all he three Armed Forcesn with Army ranks more often than not used as the base ranking system. That's why in such countries as the U.S. Army ranks are used all across the AirForce and Marines.
By the way in which literature have you ever heard the mention two star admiral? It is because of this comparison that makes it possible to decipher who is most senior between officers from the AirForce, Navy and Army and that is why an AirForce or Navy officer could be the Head of the military ( Chief of Defence Staff) also. The ranks in the Navy or Airforce have their equivalence in the Army also. For your information here is a comparison below

NAVY ARMY AIRFORCE
Admiral of the fleet Marshal/Field marshal Marshal of the Nigerian Air Force
Admiral General Air Chief Marshal
Vice Admiral Lieutenant General Air Marshal
Rear Admiral Major General Air Vice Marshal
Commodore Brigadier Air commodore
Captain Colonel Group captain
Commander Lieutenant colonel Wing commander
Lieutenant
commander Major /commandant Squadron leader
Lieutenant Captain Flight lieutenant
Sub-lieutenant Lieutenant Flying officer
Ensign 2nd lieutenant Pilot officer
Midshipman Officer cadet Officer cadet

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 3:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
Normal course of promotion in the military is not usually an overblown achievement as the original poster would want us to believe.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
kq:

Dude you do not know what you are talking about. there is such a thing as a two star General even in the Navy. This is because in there is a comparison of ranks in all he three Armed Forcesn with Army ranks more often than not used as the base ranking system. That's why in such countries as the U.S. Army ranks are used all across the AirForce and Marines.
By the way in which literature have you ever heard the mention two star admiral? It is because of this comparison that makes it possible to decipher who is most senior between officers from the AirForce, Navy and Army and that is why an AirForce or Navy officer could be the Head of the military ( Chief of Defence Staff) also. The ranks in the Navy or Airforce have their equivalence in the Army also. For your information here is a comparison below

NAVY ARMY AIRFORCE
Admiral of the fleet Marshal/Field marshal Marshal of the Nigerian Air Force
Admiral General Air Chief Marshal
Vice Admiral Lieutenant General Air Marshal
Rear Admiral Major General Air Vice Marshal
Commodore Brigadier Air commodore
Captain Colonel Group captain
Commander Lieutenant colonel Wing commander
Lieutenant
commander Major /commandant Squadron leader
Lieutenant Captain Flight lieutenant
Sub-lieutenant Lieutenant Flying officer
Ensign 2nd lieutenant Pilot officer
Midshipman Officer cadet Officer cadet

Which USA are you talking about? And what military parlance that ordinarily refers or addresses an admiral as a general? Nigerians are serious cases indeed. Is the above ranking system that of Nigeria or USA?
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by sylve11: 3:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubest:

How dull can one get?

If a Major and a Major General mean the same thing, it means the position of a Manager and a General Manager are the same

You could at least ask questions before commenting

Nor be the same thing? cry cry cry grin grin cool
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
nerodenero: Yabaleft enlisted you as a candidate.

is she your mom....well if she is i still want to fvkc her dogg13 style...send her number
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by kayfx2(m): 3:55pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull:

Which USA are you talking about? And what military parlance that ordinarily refers or addresses an admiral as a general? Nigerians are serious cases indeed.
Now its clear this dude is high on gbagada weed...let it rest people!

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by gogodaye(m): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
@ Our Queen & Sister woman thank you once again for undertaking the task of highlighting the exploits of one of our well decorated sister women in our nations' armed forces. Please do keep the trail blazing.....

@ DerideGull, please do complement piece by furnishing us with the names of the other gallant female miltary officers who had equally choosen to tow a career path in the military, so that we can applaud 'em as well...and our younger sisters can adopt them as mentors in life....

2 Likes

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by dammytex: 3:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
See Dayo Kale mumsie ooo...

make I run go tell am?

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
kayfx2:
Now its clear this dude is high on gbagada weed...let it rest people!

I am not in the business of educating bitter ignoramuses.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by SwitnessA(m): 4:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubest:

How dull can one get?

If a Major and a Major General mean the same thing, it means the position of a Manager and a General Manager are the same

Allah u wan kill me wit ur analysis. May b class monitor nd headboy go b d same 4 d guy head. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by seyi360(m): 4:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
Yorubest:

How dull can one get?

Your arrogant display of knowledge will be the reason why many will love to see you go down in life "I returned and saw under the sun,that the race is not to the swift,nor the battle to the strong,neither yet bread to the wise,nor yet riches to men of understanding,nor yet favour to men of skill;but time and chance happeneth to them all" Eccl 9:11

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by bismarck: 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
Mrs Kale, you did your best for the army but it is either the person that made this report is lying or you are lying! You were eased out in 1996 and Diya's alleged coup happened in late 1997: How does it bring up the issue of being retired based on ethincity? Were you expecting to remain and be given the same rank as Abacha himself? You reached the pinnacle of your career, even in a setting where females then had below 2 percent chance of succeeding.In Nigeria's 'normal' circumstance I was expecting a report that states you spent 50 years in the army but since I didn't read such, then there's nothing to blame
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
^^^^ There are silly and unfounded postulations certain cretins tended to spread on this forum. However when a person tries to highlight such craps, the usual suspects in crime with the original poster will haul insults at the person.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by drdams: 4:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
I was waiting to hear stuff related to d capitalized phrase..
Wots ur problem? Isnt dere a diff btw Armed Forces and Army?
D rank of a Rear Admiral in Naija Navy is Equivalent to a Major General, go do ur studies.

By d way, does d word "Caption" or "Headline" means anything to u?
DerideGull: I stopped reading the original crap when stumbled onto the phrases such as “the first in Nigeria and first in Africa”. I guess such endeavor is very silly and uneducated arrogation of err of personality which is very common AMONG CERTAIN ETHNIC GROUP IN NIGERIA.

According the posted junk, the picture depicts a naval officer with the rank of Rear Admiral not a Major General. Thank goodness the lady was not the first female medical doctor who had enlisted into Nigerian armed forces. There were female medical doctors in Nigerian Armed Forces who even attended the rank of Major as far back as 1966. Barring unforeseen circumstances, such ladies would have made the rank of general before the indicated individual even enlisted.

No doubt it came from a person who thought prime minister was a Head of State in Nigeria.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by FindOut(m): 4:49pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull: ^^^^ There are silly and unfounded postulations certain cretins tended to spread on this forum. However when a person tries to highlight such craps, the usual suspects in crime with the original poster will haul insults at the person.

You must be a very unhappy person in life o. Infact i doubt you have any friends coz even the most accomodating of individuals will find it pretty hard to associate with people who reason the way you do. Get a life man. and STOP HATING. We all know where you r coming from though..."the events of 1966" . smh for you man. You really do deserve to be pitied.

Please lets ignore this guy and hope that sooner or later he'll eventually realise he needs help and will actually seek for it.

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by SORTER: 4:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull: I stopped reading the original crap when stumbled onto the phrases such as “the first in Nigeria and first in Africa”. I guess such endeavor is very silly and uneducated arrogation of err of personality which is very common among certain ethnic group in Nigeria.

According the posted junk, the picture depicts a naval officer with the rank of Rear Admiral not a Major General. Thank goodness the lady was not the first female medical doctor who had enlisted into Nigerian armed forces. There were female medical doctors in Nigerian Armed Forces who even attended the rank of Major as far back as 1966. Barring unforeseen circumstances, such ladies would have made the rank of general before the indicated individual even enlisted.

No doubt it came from a person who thought prime minister was a Head of State in Nigeria.
.......SEE WHAT BITTERNESS HAS TURNED YOUR MISERABLE LIFE INTO.....I PITY YOUR OFFSPRINGS

2 Likes

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Upeace: 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Brilliant - more of this! Another good example - we're not all bad.

2 Likes

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull:

This display of idiocy comes to full glare when ninnies dabble into subject matters beyond their pedigree. There is nothing such as two-star general in Navy. It is two-star admiral.

Again in case your deficiency in comprehension had acted up, I wrote “attended the rank of Major in 1966 and would have attended the rank of general barring unforeseen circumstances, olodo.

rear admirals are the same as 2 star generals mr man

and i said the post was about the women who made generals so your tales by moonlight about the women with the ranks of major was very irrelevant. that was my point. you are very dull

2 Likes

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2013
Crassus:

rear admirals are the same as 2 star generals mr man

and i said the post was about the women who made generals so your tales by moonlight about the women with the ranks of major was very irrelevant. that was my point. you are very dull

You are just a redundant rapscallion. In certain countries of world, rear admirals are not resolutely a two-star. I have done talking to pitiable stones. It is unfortunate that a country uses one-star or two-star designation for certain ranks then every basement dingbat jumps onto the bandwagon.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull:

You are just a redundant rapscallion. In certain countries of world, rear admirals are not resolutely a two-star. I have done talking to pitiable stones. It is unfortunate that a country uses one-star or two-star designation for certain ranks then every basement dingbat jumps onto the bandwagon.

Nigeria uses UK style of military ranking. now check the rear admiral of the royal navy and see if it doesnt equal to a 2 star general.

you are very ignorant. I am done talking myself

http://www.nigerianprofessional.com/militaryranks.html

2 Likes

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by initiate: 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
How did she manage the home front? Do we have any info about her immediate family?
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by odiyaka(m): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
playcharles: whats all dis blabbing, afterall my mum retired as a 5 star general grin grin grin grin
As a neighbourhood watch 5str gen,abi? Clap 4 urself .

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by dayokanu(m): 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
See how Dendemoron has brought his senility to public glare

1 Like

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
Crassus:

Nigeria uses UK style of military ranking. now check the rear admiral of the royal navy and see if it doesnt equal to a 2 star general.

you are very ignorant. I am done talking myself

http://www.nigerianprofessional.com/militaryranks.html

You remain a redundant rapscallion. Military has a regimental culture and dolts such as you are not tolerated in such circle. Well grounded human beings rarely interact with people such as you who dwell in equivalency. As your listed source indicated, two-star admiral is a Real Admiral and its counterpart in the army is two-star general or Major General. Olodo.

For your information, Nigeria has slightly deviated from UK style of military ranking especially in parlance, Olodo.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
dayokanu: See how Dendemoron has brought his senility to public glare

Shut up your putrid mouth. Just queue up and learn one or two things, olodo.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
DerideGull:

You remain a redundant rapscallion. Military has a regimental culture and dolts such as you are not tolerated in such circle. Well grounded human beings rarely interact with people such as you who dwell in equivalency. As your listed source indicated, two-star admiral is a Real Admiral and its counterpart in the army is two-star general or Major General. Olodo.

For your information, Nigeria has slightly deviated from UK style of military ranking especially in parlance, Olodo.

my questions for you:

1, regarding he picture of the Naval officer above . is she a real admiral ? Yes or No?
2, The Op said the current female General is the picture of the Naval officer was he right or not?

My initial argument with u was letting u know that a real admiral is equivalent to a 2 star general u said the same thing in the bolded but for some reasons which i dont know u keep contradicting yourself.
I didn't know u have a reputation of being a bitter sod on the forum i wouldnt have replied your initial post

3 Likes

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by DerideGull(m): 6:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
Crassus:

my questions for you:

1, regarding he picture of the Naval officer above . is she a real admiral ? Yes or No?
2, The Op said the current female General is the picture of the Naval officer was he right or not?

My initial argument with u was letting u know that a real admiral is equivalent to a 2 star general u said the same thing in the bolded but for some reasons which i dont know u keep contradicting yourself.
I didn't know u have a reputation of being a bitter sod on the forum i wouldnt have replied your initial post

I hate to argue with practical dunces such as you. Again, a two star general has an air force counterpart known as two-star marshal, olodo. Forum is a place to learn good and practical stuffs not a place designated for numbskulls such as you who are more concerned with arrogation of idiocy to themselves.
Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by drdams: 6:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
Wots ur beef?
Naija equals a Rear Admiral 2 a major General..

...I 1ce asked u a quest cos u said y shud d caption read Armed Forces wen is Navy..
Pitiable.. Der is a diff btw d Armed Forces and The Army..

... I asked if dat same word "caption" or "headline" means anyting to u?

No mata aw rational or mayb irrational u may sound, ur intial complaint was biase - ethnically, so since den, I refuse to comprehend wateva point u present..

Calling a fellow redundant, I call u Recalcitrant in return..
DerideGull:

Re: Aderonke Kale - Female Two-Star General In The Nigerian Armed Forces by Abiyamo: 6:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
Your stvpidity is as legendary as your idiocy is record-breaking. At any rate, my original post had Major-General Kale as the very first picture. It was when the MOD was editing and adding more content to it that the pictures were re-arranged. That aside, you may need to see someone in the mould of Major-General Kale, she took care of psychiatric cases while in the army because clearly, not all is okay with your cerebral tissue. Just read what you are spewing. O ma she o.
DerideGull: I stopped reading the original crap when stumbled onto the phrases such as “the first in Nigeria and first in Africa”. I guess such endeavor is very silly and uneducated arrogation of err of personality which is very common among certain ethnic group in Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP's Peter Ndubuisi Mbah Declared Governor-elect Of Enugu / Buhari Meets With Bill Clinton & Gates In New York / Lai Mohammed Replies Goodluck Jonathan On Arms Deal Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.