Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Gospel Superstar Deitrick Haddon Remarries,talks About His Mistakes. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gospel Superstar Deitrick Haddon Remarries,talks About His Mistakes. (937 Views)

Solomon Akiyesi Finally Remarries In Peace (photos From His New Wedding) / Kate Henshaw's Ex-Husband Roderick-Nuttal Remarries / Classy And Superstar Actress Genevieve Nnaji Dazzles In New Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gospel Superstar Deitrick Haddon Remarries,talks About His Mistakes. by soulfood(m): 9:11am On Aug 16, 2013
This article is not for us to judge this couple or the people they are in relationships with. Part of our goals at HTPB is providing real stories of romance, relationships and marriages so we all can learn from the good and avoid the bad. I am a fan of Deitrick Haddon(Don't wanna let you go, Love him like I do) and I have enjoyed some Damita Haddon songs too(My heart belongs to you comes to mind). They were a force together as far as we could see but mistakes were made. I recommend that every couple should always find time to pray together and keep God in the circle.

Deitrick Haddon, star of Oxygen's upcoming "Preachers of L.A." reality show and successful gospel artist, remarried last Saturday to Dominique Mctyer, the mother of his one-year-old daughter, which now makes for his second marriage after divorcing from his gospel singer ex-wife of 15 years, Damita Haddon, in 2011.

Haddon went public with his engagement in January, four months after announcing his divorce was finalized in what was a year-long process. Before his first marriage was legally dissolved, Haddon pastored a church that he took over from his father, but was later shunned by members because they did not agree with his divorce and relationship choices. In an interview with the Yolanda Adams radio show earlier this year, he admitted hitting rock bottom to the point of wanting to disregard his calling after he left his leadership role.

"I experienced that, how you can be so hurt from people and things that happen in life that you say, 'I don't care nothing about church, singing no gospel music, I don't care nothing about none of it. I'm just trying to live!'" said Haddon. "When you go through something like that, you kind of lose your mind for a minute, and I actually lost my mind for a minute. But thank God for His mercy and grace. He brought me back."

In the trailer of his anticipated show, Deitrick also displayed his frustration for wanting to move forward and said he had a new found perspective in trying to restore his life and ministry again.
"It's all about the truth for me from this point on," he said in the trailer. "The truth about my baby out of wedlock, the truth about my divorce. It happened. There's nothing I can do about that. I'm a pastor but at the end of the day, I'm a man," he said.

"Preachers of L.A.," which is slated for the Fall, has already come under heavy criticism by Christians for featuring Deitrick's lavish lifestyle alongside other megachurch pastors from Southern California. In a previous interview with The Christian Post, Haddon explained that audiences will gain insight from watching the show and his personal life will shed perspective on what it is like to lead a church.

"I'm one of the producers of the show and I thought it was necessary for people to get an inside look on what it takes to be a man of the cloth. It's not easy. ... The problem we have in the church is we have been projecting perfection and allowing other people to put us on a pedestal when at the end of the day we are human just like them. I think people will go to church on Sunday and appreciate their pastor more because it's not easy to walk in such a high calling," he said.

Aside from promoting his show, Haddon is gearing up to tour for his upcoming album, R.E.D.: Restoring Everything Damaged, set to release on Sept. 3.

On His Divorce
My objective in this personal message to my supporters is to set the record straight on why I divorced my ex-wife, to clear my daughter’s and fiancé’s name, and to give you the truth. I’m not here to throw anyone under the bus, but I refuse to remain silent while people slander my name because the other parties involved are refusing to speak up for me and about their involvement in this matter. I regret having to continue to speak on this but you all need to know the truth from my perspective.

Read more
http://helpingtheparents..com/2013/08/gospel-superstar-deitrick-haddon.html
Re: Gospel Superstar Deitrick Haddon Remarries,talks About His Mistakes. by nerodenero: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2013
soulfood:
"It's all about the truth for me from this point on," he said in the trailer. "The truth about my baby out of wedlock, the truth about my divorce. It happened. There's nothing I can do about that. I'm a pastor but at the end of the day, I'm a man," he said.

"I'm one of the producers of the show and I thought it was necessary for people to get an inside look on what it takes to be a man of the cloth. It's not easy. ... The problem we have in the church is we have been projecting perfection and allowing other people to put us on a pedestal when at the end of the day we are human just like them. I think people will go to church on Sunday and appreciate their pastor more because it's not easy to walk in such a high calling," he said.
The points above are very valid and I cant agree less to his submissions.
Re: Gospel Superstar Deitrick Haddon Remarries,talks About His Mistakes. by dplomaticVal: 10:38am On Aug 16, 2013
vry bad

(1) (Reply)

Watch Star Boy Feat L.A.X. & Wizkid – Caro / Melvin, Beverly Osu Back In Nigeria: Photos / Photos- Limpopo Crooner, Kcee Flaunts Newly Acquired Bentley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.