Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:22 AM

Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) (28566 Views)

EFCC Seals Mega Building At Wuse 2, Abuja (pictures) / Nigeria's State & Commercial Capitals-excluding Lagos & Abuja (pictures) / Massive Security At US Embassy In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by topeorekoy(m): 9:40am On Aug 16, 2013
The Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, especially its Central Business District, was in lockdown on Thursday.

The city played host to a women event, involving about 10,000 females, organised by the wife the President, Patience Jonathan.

Security personnel blocked all the access roads to the Eagle Square where the event, entitled ‘Celebrating Nigerian Women for Peace and Empowerment’, took place.

The lockdown, which paralysed commercial activities in the city, lasted for about seven hours.

It also caused traffic gridlock on Shehu Shagari Way, Herbert Macaulay Way, Tafawa Balewa Way and other parts of the district.

Intermittently, helicopters, on surveillance, flew over the city to monitor developments.

The ceremony, which started about 9am, saw thousands of Nigerian women draped in white wrapper and green blouse.

They all arrived at the event venue in long buses.

Meanwhile, motorists, particularly commercial bus and taxi drivers, were at the receiving end of the lockdown as they were forced to make long and inconvenient detours to get to their destinations.

http://topeorekoya..com/2013/08/pictures-patiences-women-jamboree.html#sthash.HqVRpkMz.dpuf

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2013
Honestly i do not know how some "Big People" think, a city like Abuja had to be "shutdown" because of a rally? What a shame, to recall that something like this also happened in Lagos when she came for a so-called "women thank you visit" and the Governor had to ask the President to call his wife to order. I don't think it's right and it should be discouraged

17 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 16, 2013
Women!! This rally is for GOODLUCK Jonathan awa husbands grin

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Maidoki14(m): 11:39am On Aug 16, 2013
Honestly u need to see how security agency wia busy blocking all d route,i dont reali see michelle obama doing dis.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 16, 2013
I really need to know how much these jobless "dancers" were paid.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by coogar: 11:46am On Aug 16, 2013
such a useless country - ASUU still on strike and goodluck's wife is organising multi-million naira street-dance. i know one day, this public show of irresponsibility would end in our dear country.

19 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by takedat(m): 11:49am On Aug 16, 2013
This profligate, money-grubbing and hardly-literate woman is very much entrenching her influence way beyond moral and sensible standards. Those I pity the most are her praise-singers loaded like cattle in improvised tipper trucks and buses, who have sold their conscience yet live in penury.

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Horus(m): 11:54am On Aug 16, 2013
She should be arrested for obstruction of the road circulation

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Olaolufred(m): 1:54pm On Aug 16, 2013
SHEPOPO IS REHEARSING TOWARDS WHAT WOULD BE DONE IN THE NEAREST FUTURE.
MIND YOU, SHE WILL GIVE RESIDENTS OF ABUJA THE PRTHARCOURT DOSE.
CLOSE ASOKORO,GARKI FOR ONE WEEK,ONLY SHEPO AND FAMILY WILL BE ABLE TO MOVE WITHIN THE PERIOD.
I THINK THAT IS THE "FRESHIEST" AIR ANY MAN CAN BREATH.

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Olaolufred(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2013
coogar: such a useless country - ASUU still on strike and goodluck's wife is organising multi-million naira street-dance. i know one day, this public show of irresponsibility would end in our dear country.

WHEN HUMAN DANCES, IT IS UNFAIR FOR YOU TO FORBID SHEPOPOTAMI.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by ba7man(m): 2:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
I was watching a report on CNN how Japanese Politicians are making effective use of the media and internet to revolutionize election campaigning.

They have started creating interactive computer applications that can be downloaded online for free.

.....Only to come across this our first lady's depressing mode of campaigning.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by AkinDavid2: 3:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
ba7man: I was watching a report on CNN how Japanese Politicians are making effective use of the media and internet to revolutionize election campaigning.

They have started creating interactive computer applications that can be downloaded online for free.

.....Only to come across this our first lady's depressing mode of campaigning.

The underlined is an understatement..The only thing that was not done was to declare a public holiday, people suffered a lot to even get to their different offices. One of the attendant told me late in the night that she was yet to drink water after leaving her house as early as 4a.m yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
Sorry for derailing but you guys need to see this page grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1396831/atiku-ngige-others-visits-fashola/4

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2013
Her fellow widows grin

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Bootybuttchic(f): 6:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
stupid illiterate:::: anuofia! :-/

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
N_girl: Sorry for derailing but you guys need to see this page grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OMG hahahha thanks for sharing grin

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by caesaraba(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
She's the Vice President of the country! Cut her some slack please! Jeeze! angry
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by KDULAR: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
The federal govt does not depend on any money from the ACBS what it requires is from the creeks and the people from the creeks who are in power will definitely fill back the void created by the goodwill fiesta. So the whole Nigeria can economically and socially come to a standstill and in fact go to reverse mode who cares anyway. It's all for our women, it's our time, haters and emphasis is on all those Nigerians who are not happy with this call to come chop, play, giggle and make the mother of all sitting state governors (whom she cannot kill anyway )be accomplished in her bid to better the lots of Nigerian women that no other elected officers can do, be happy should wait for their time. No be we dey feed the Country . Abi I lie ?
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Siga: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
N_girl: Sorry for derailing but you guys need to see this page grin grin grin

...Holy smokes... every damn thing hidden... grin ...that MOD has gone rogue.... grin

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by telim: 6:12pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Soreza(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
9ja tins don tire me,upside down everything,lets not go far to michelle obama,can jacob zuma wife do this,men we don vote women say we vote president,na him wife day campaign for am?in 2013?nawaooo,blocking the streets for no reason,just to dance
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Zikdik(m): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
Peace?Nigeria?Na wa oh.
N_girl:

WTF!...mods?dumb?Correct!
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by homesteady(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2013
grin sai PEJ
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by telim: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
hmmm i will rather kill myself than to commit suicide. My fellow nigerian widows. Chai, mismanagement of nigerians money in action.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Austeenxx: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2013
PEJ writing JAMB in Abuja? :s
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
My people sorry oh. I no go school. Abeg wetin be the meaning of JAMBOREE?
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by SELFWORTH: 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
Its clear that most NL members who post crude comments on here are suffering from a lack of inspiration if all they can think about and do is post negative comments about thier president and his family.

People need to grow up and conserve all that negative energy to invest in their own personal lives.
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2013
What is your rant about exactly? undecided

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Ptoocool(m): 6:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
Let her husband call her to order,,

Abi ko kin gboro nii..??

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by joeadex(m): 6:28pm On Aug 16, 2013
imagin.hw.she.dey.use.power........
Re: Patience Jonathan’s Women Jamboree In Abuja (Pictures) by Nobody: 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
D clueless shepoptamus is busy wasting tax payer's money on rubbishness while d retardeen looks on! Naija wake up!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Speaker Dogara Replies Oyegun, Zones Majority Leader To North West / FG Orders Issuance Of Single Identification Numbers For Citizens / Fayemi Appoints SSG, Cos, CPS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.