Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:06 AM

Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone (32248 Views)

8 Perks Of Living Alone / Advantages/disadvantages Of Being A Nigerian Man/Nigerian Woman / Share Your Experiences Of Living In The Barracks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by valicious1(m): 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2013
adexinbox: Living alone can risky sometime if u got ill at home and no one to call for help
Nawao bros u sure say na dis gramma dey ur mind 2write so sad

2 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Thebrightest(m): 8:14pm On Aug 26, 2013
Na all comments u must read? You better stop reading this comment now!!! You no dey hear word? So, you finally read my comment abi? what did you gain now? Mtcheew!!!

2 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Ishilove: 8:25pm On Aug 26, 2013
chucky234: Ishioma nwa onye Abbi, make I park com follow you stay na.
Lol. No make your madam at the top hear you o cheesy
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Didi5(m): 8:26pm On Aug 26, 2013
Thebrightest: Na all comments u must read? You better stop reading this comment now!!! You no dey hear word? So, you finally read my comment abi? what did you gain now? Mtcheew!!!
This is what you suffer when you stay alone!
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
4reigningqueen: i lived alone in school and i enjoyed it but one disadvantage to me was that someone had the key to my room and always coming in while am away to steal my things.up till today,i still do not know the person.

I have a confession to make.

Na me. grin
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
valicious1:
Nawao bros u sure say na dis gramma dey ur mind 2write so sad

Hehehe. grin
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 8:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
I prefer to stay alone. I don't trust people period!!

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by dondaniel4u: 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
4reigningqueen: i lived alone in school and i enjoyed it but one disadvantage to me was that someone had the key to my room and always coming in while am away to steal my things.up till today,i still do not know the person.
[color=#006600][/color]. Install cctv inside ur room and u'll see who d thief is.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by dondaniel4u: 9:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]. Install cctv inside ur room and u'll see d thief.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by chucky234(m): 10:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. No make your madam at the top hear you o cheesy
Nne oma,my madam dey leave na.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by lexzybaba(m): 11:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Freiburger: OP, why should i pay for my roommate crimes?
ask nigeria police force when they nab u na
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by sucezTP(f): 12:24am On Aug 27, 2013
I wouldn't want my room mate to finish the food mumsi gave me to school, so I did prefer living alone.., but when it comes to doing house chores alone, I always pity maself.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 27, 2013

Obviously, you are no fan of Agatha Christie's Poirot. Next time don't let a mystery go unsolved.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by todayguest(m): 2:01am On Aug 27, 2013
Try pull a 3 fold cord and 1 single cord, the difference is a lesson. Humans aren't trees created to live alone. That's why we're born into families. Nobody has achieved anytin meaningful all by him /herself. It's applicable in every area of life. One is 2 small a number.If you can enjoy been alone while young,what bcomes of you,when old? The bible had dis to say,that 2 is better than 1. When 1 falls d other picks him up. Again, iron sharpens iron.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Ishilove: 2:06am On Aug 27, 2013
chucky234: Nne oma,my madam dey leave na.
I hear you grin
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by todayguest(m): 2:07am On Aug 27, 2013
Uncanny Genius: I prefer to stay alone. I don't trust people period!!
it is vice versa. People do not trust you either.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Tedpgrass: 2:58am On Aug 27, 2013
todayguest: Try pull a 3 fold cord and 1 single cord, the difference is a lesson. Humans aren't trees created to live alone. That's why we're born into families. Nobody has achieved anytin meaningful all by him /herself. It's applicable in every area of life. One is 2 small a number.If you can enjoy been alone while young,what bcomes of you,when old? The bible had dis to say,that 2 is better than 1. When 1 falls d other picks him up. Again, iron sharpens iron.

Oga today.....

I hail u na, but.......

Abegi.......
When did living alone mean I've become a disenchanted member of society... kiss

If I'm not mistaken, that's the picture you're painting up there.

Living alone doesn't mean my homies don't watch my back. It doesn't make me a societal eejit either. When the significant other is about, yeah, its cool..... but work commitments means we live at different addresses.. angry

But addressing ur views on living old alone...... I think that's an over-whipped donkey!!!!.. angry
It's all about your support system(s) in place.
"Your relatives are the ones who care for you, not necessarily blood relations....", is a saying, I've heard a few times.

I gat this group of single "old" friends who are having a ball...... keep a select group of friends with similar interests, explore new interests, travel together, pray together, do stuff together.....

That sure beats my neighbour whose nuclear family had to entice her husband to marry her,and is presently left to financially look after herself, 3 children + 1....errh the husband refuses to work....
I don't see that "husband" sharpening her knife except miracles occur!!

A lot of true success stories abound of people who had no support/ family but put them in place by a dint of hardwork!!

There's always the other side of the coin to every debate.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Tedpgrass: 2:58am On Aug 27, 2013
Oops...
Double post...

See the wisdom in getting my partner to check my posts!!! grin grin grin
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by donPhill(m): 4:05am On Aug 27, 2013
#teamlivindalone......i so much enjoy privacy, spend ur time in ur bathroom, sleep unclad , u can try wierd tinz all alone, if u need company ur frndz can visit u or u do so rather than stayin with someone of maybe dangerous unknown disease, he dies @ night u got arrested @ the day
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by nnacent(m): 6:46am On Aug 27, 2013
I have lived with a fantastic roommate for over 4yrs now, but guess what!!! Its better and safer to live alone except u are talking about ur wife here. No matter how nice some1 is there will b dis part of him/her dat will really irritate u to death. d worst part is dat u will b seeing no effort on their part to change. My dear when u are alone, u are more fulfilled.

2 Likes

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 27, 2013
[quote author=tomzman]
You can't joke with your privacy? Won't you get married one day?

Of course I'll get married, I wanna have my own family.
Till then, I enjoy my privacy. I can't afford to have people in my space, moving things or crowding my area, don't get me wrong-I usually have friends over and stuff but I'm always certain of their departure date.
Living alone brings out the best in me. I'm focused on my job, I create all the time In the world for myself, I'm in total control of my life and everything in it. Its an awesome feeling!

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 27, 2013
coolest01: care to tell me wat u do to enjoy ur privacy? **winks**

I love being naked, so I'm always naked at home. I have confidence in my unclothedness.
I'd have my man over and do it everywhere in the house, trying and inventing new styles. Bleep
I read a lot of books, I always spend time reading, working out, and doing some other things I'd like to keep to myself.
Oh and I love trying on new make up, I'm always having fashion shows at home. Or singing along to very loud music or watching a horror movie -drinking yoghurt.
I enjoy returning from the office everyday and soaking in the tub and drinking wine.
I relax better when I'm alone...
I'm a very active woman, you don't wanna hear the rest. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by dasparrow: 8:44am On Aug 27, 2013
@Post

Living alone is the best. Many years ago when I used to have roommates, I was stressed out and quite depressed. People's constant presence stresses me out a I hate noise with a passion. Living alone, I can pray out loud, I have my privacy and my home stays clean for a long time. In fact, the only roommate I can tolerate at the moment is a well behaved dog.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Hero10001: 8:49am On Aug 27, 2013
I'm a Capriconia,
A loner by nature..

;-)
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by cmionydan: 9:55am On Aug 27, 2013
iamswizz: CRAP!!!

Must Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥Ø̲̣̣̥U̶̲̥̅̊ quote d whole write-up?
*Dullard Dolapo*
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Rejoice5000(f): 11:32am On Aug 27, 2013
4m school till now that am working i live alone,i dt self service,masturbate etc but 4 privacy.
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by adavetee(m): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2013
I've been living with homies for a long time until moving to my own apartment recently. I can categorically tell you that I've never for ones, have any regret about it. I've have saved more by living alone unlike when. I lived with people around me who makes me to incur more "unnecessary expenses". Some people will just believe that I'm better off than them & because of this single reason, begin to tax me thus incurring more bills.

I feel pained to see someone lacking around me. That's why I prefer living alone. I choose who to invite to my home (friend with benefit not necessarily financial sha) and also choose who to visit.

1 Like

Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by jpphilips(m): 12:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wu Zetian: As far as I'm concerned, there is no disadvantages in living alone.

In fact, when and if I get married, I do not mind living in a separate house from my husband

Just the thought of living with someone, every single day.... *shudders*

24 to 29yr old working class Nigerian ladies, most of them live with either parents or extended relatives, even when most of them can afford to pay rent, just wondering why it is so
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by Nmeri17: 4:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
I'll rather live alone than live with myself angry
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by SirMethod: 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
why didnt u change the key?
Re: Advantages & Disadvantages Of Living Alone by nasyl(m): 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
As far as there is electricity, wifi, television, playstation 3/4 and foodstuffs....

Living alone it is!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life? / Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. / 25 Of The Most Creative Sculptures And Statues From Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.