Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,817 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

Peter's Diary - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Peter's Diary (739 Views)

The Wreath For Udomo. By Peter Abraham / Peter Carey Says People Are Getting Dumber Every Day / Peter Enahoro's Books (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter's Diary by Cityofdavid(m): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2013
Full excerpts of the Chapter One of My debut Novel. Please leave a sincere feedback, bad or good.

PETER'S DIARY
Chapter One
Re: Peter's Diary by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 04, 2013
Splendid! Please post the rest here

1 Like

Re: Peter's Diary by Superclem(m): 9:15am On Sep 04, 2013
Good story. From a readers perspective, quite captivating. However, I noticed some loopholes in your grammar at the beginning. Your narration is engaging enough, but you could work on it. And your similes, some watered down your story. Try to be more graphically and avoid the similes. Readers would want to use their minds' eye not their imagination.
Re: Peter's Diary by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 04, 2013
Superclem: Good story. From a readers perspective, quite captivating. However, I noticed some loopholes in your grammar at the beginning. Your narration is engaging enough, but you could work on it. And your similes, some watered down your story. Try to be more graphically and avoid the similes. Readers would want to use their minds' eye not their imagination.
Graphical*
Re: Peter's Diary by Okonjoiweala(f): 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
Nice storyline - i admire your use of similes too, but i must point out that the best way to use simile is to let it flow naturally and graphically with the storyline. That way, readers can impulsively understand the technique of description, Rather than pause to imagine.
You're doing real great o.k? Thumbs up
Re: Peter's Diary by Cityofdavid(m): 4:18am On Sep 07, 2013
Superclem: Good story. From a readers perspective, quite captivating. However, I noticed some loopholes in your grammar at the beginning. Your narration is engaging enough, but you could work on it. And your similes, some watered down your story. Try to be more graphically and avoid the similes. Readers would want to use their minds' eye not their imagination.

Thank you very much for these technical advices, I'll take most of them into consideration. As for the grammatical loopholes you noticed, Perhaps that's one of the natural mistake which a writer who has no degree or diploma in english language is bound to make. But, I'll also work on that. Thanks.
Re: Peter's Diary by Cityofdavid(m): 4:27am On Sep 07, 2013
Okonjo iweala: Nice storyline - i admire your use of similes too, but i must point out that the best way to use simile is to let it flow naturally and graphically with the storyline. That way, readers can impulsively understand the technique of description, Rather than pause to imagine.

I sincerely appreciate your appraisal. I will revisit the similes again. Thank you very much.
Re: Peter's Diary by Superclem(m): 7:08am On Sep 11, 2013
Dr. Asiko:

Graphical*
my bad, thanx for the correction
Re: Peter's Diary by Superclem(m): 7:10am On Sep 11, 2013
Cityofdavid:

Thank you very much for these technical advices, I'll take most of them into consideration. As for the grammatical loopholes you noticed, Perhaps that's one of the natural mistake which a writer who has no degree or diploma in english language is bound to make. But, I'll also work on that. Thanks.

I understand as I'm also in the same shoes. There's only one way around it, read and read wide.

1 Like

Re: Peter's Diary by Superclem(m): 7:12am On Sep 11, 2013
Okonjo iweala: Nice storyline - i admire your use of similes too, but i must point out that the best way to use simile is to let it flow naturally and graphically with the storyline. That way, readers can impulsively understand the technique of description, Rather than pause to imagine.

Retweeting her, let the similes flow naturally, yours seemed forced.

1 Like

Re: Peter's Diary by Nobody: 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
Superclem:

Retweeting her, let the similes flow naturally, yours seemed forced.
You're another very wonderful writer...I admire your works

1 Like

Re: Peter's Diary by Superclem(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Dr. Asiko:

You're another very wonderful writer...I admire your works

superblushing
Re: Peter's Diary by Cityofdavid(m): 9:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
peter

(1) (Reply)

Her Soul's Moribund / Websites To Download Free books / Pls Pls Nls I Need This Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.