Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,347 members, 7,808,217 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra (2378 Views)

Pls Help Me With Suggestions On This Nissan Xterra Transmission Issue / Own A Nissan Pathfinder/xterra 05-11? Look Here Or Risk Transmission Failure / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by Muraj: 7:01pm On Aug 16, 2013
Please NLs, advice me on which one to go for in term of fuel consumption, ruggedity & maintenance. Thanks
Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by richt75: 7:58am On Aug 17, 2013
i am also considering exterra and pathfinder but my first choice always goes to exterra which i have heard so many times about the ruggedity and its more portable than path.
Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by richt75: 7:59am On Aug 17, 2013
i want to make my first car choice and am confused which way to go.....
Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2013
Poster, as much as I'd luv to hlp advice u I'm incapacitated by your limited information. You didn't mention your budget, your expected Model year range, intention for purchase (for offroading, going over potholes and bumps, pulling/hauling large goods, personal/family long distance vehicle, urban crawler etc)

1 Like

Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by Muraj: 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
Lomomike thank u, based on my budget (700 - 800K, )I will settle for naija used of any of them,
(for
offroading, going over potholes and bumps, for xterra 2002-2004
path 2002 -2004
sienna 1999 -2002
But those afomentioned resons are d major things I'm.considering
Thanks
Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
Muraj: Lomomike thank u, based on my budget (700 - 800K, )I will settle for naija used of any of them,
(for
path 2002 -2004
sienna 1999 -2002
Thanks
xterra 2002-2004: its an entry level SUV it it has two trims XE and SE(SE was the premium trim which has every optional upgrades XE has as a standard inclusion) but it has a good offroading abilities (for 4WD models) and can tackle most terrains in Nigeria (but I doubt you will take it to any offroad) interior is very basic (it lacks many luxury amenities but I like the stereo and speakers of the SE trim. I personally like its offroad abililies but it lacks a certain road refinement. Its good SUV but you might observe and get bored with its minimalist interior design. It has lots of engine choices f®я Petrol and Diesel
PETROL ENGINES:
2.4L KA24DE 143hp I4,
3.3L VG33E 170hp V6
3.3L VG33E 180hp V6
3.3L Supercharged VG33ER 210hp V6
DIESEL ENGINES:
2.8L TDI 4.07TCA 132hp I4
2.8L TDI CRD 4.07TCE 140h I4
And it has either a 4 speed automatic wO/D or a 5speed Manual tranny.

1 Like

Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by Nobody: 5:30pm On Aug 17, 2013
Muraj: Lomomike thank u, based on my budget (700 - 800K, )I will settle for naija used of any of them,
(for
path 2002 -2004
sienna 1999 -2002
Thanks
Nissan Pathfinder isn't a body on frame
construction which u find in 4runners, it is a monocoque (unibody construction), macpherson struts in front and multi link rear suspension which soaks up uneveness on the
road when driving and these inturn translates to better driving dynamics it has good offroad capabilities and better on-road manners than the Nissan Xterra. It comes in either rear wheel drive or all wheel drive with the SE
models having a 'shift by fly' transfer, While the up scale model LE and platinum have a knob which is used to shift. Its 4wd transfer makes
use of four driving modes: 2HI, 4HI, 4LO,AUTO meaning u can use 4wd mode on dry pavements. It has either 4speed auto or 5speed manual. I love the Bose stereo with 6CD changers and 6 Bose speakers they are amazing but most owners I've met complain that the CD player in the Bose stereo gets faulty. For interior space, its modest for 5 passengers with a driver and front passenger and 3 rear seat occupants but let me confess that the rear seats aren't spacious
enough and for very tall huge people and the rear doors could be quite small for passengers
but u won't notice it. Having said all these, the̶̲̥̅̊ pathfinder is a good truck but if you want more luxury you can get a QX4 which is basically a nissan pathfinder.
the̶̲̥̅̊ Nissan Pathfinder has a variety of engine choices

PETROL ENGINES:
3.3 L VG33E V6 168 hp
3.5 L VQ35DE V6 250 hp

DIESEL ENGINES:
2.7 L TD27ETi I4 Turbodiesel 127 hp
3.0 L ZD30DDTi I4 Turbodiesel 168 hp
3.2 L QD32ETi I4 Turbodiesel 150 hp
Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2013
(for
path 2002 -2004
sienna 1999 -2002
Thanks
sienna 1999 -2002: Available in 3 trim levels vis: entry level CE, LE and top of the line XLE, the Toyota Sienna is a front Wheel Drive family minivan or 'spacebus' in Nigerian context. Its related to toyota Camry and shares a heavily revised platform with toyota camry. It is a 7 sitter vehicle and the seats are comfortable but the luggage compartment behind the third seat is limited when compared to honda odyssey in 1998-2003, the CE trims had only 3doors, while the LE and XLE trims had 4 doors, the LE and XLE models were equipped with 2nd row captain's
chairs while the CE models came equipped with a 2nd row 2-passenger bench seat. The driver side sliding door and roof rack were standard on the LE and XLE models, but were optional on the CE models. The XLE models
offered leather seats and a wood trim package. The Sienna also touted best-in-class fuel economy of 16 city/22 highway miles per gallon but the V6 engines in this model of sienna (which is shared with some other toyota vehicles) had an engine oil sludge problem. Symptoms of the problem include oil smoke in the exhaust, oil quickly becoming dark or black after an oil change, gasoline odour in the oil, high oil consumption, and eventually engine failure and it resulted to a class action settlement.
It has only one Engine choice unlike the Nissan Pathfinder and Nissan Xterra. Toyota Sienna is a very boring, bland and uninspiring vehicle.
PETROL ENGINES
Engine 3.0 L 1MZ-FE V6 (1998-2000)
3.0 L 1MZ-FE V6 (2001-2003, VVT-i)
210 hp.
Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
Based on your Budget of 700,000 -800,000 I won't advice you to g☺ f®я a 2002-2004 Pathfinder because it may not be in its best condition, this leaves you with two either the Xterra or Sienna. When your intended usage is put into consideration is (going over potholes and bumps and some offroading, your clear choice is a Nissan Xterra, it also offers you a wide range of engine choices so you don't have to shy away from it this is important when you consider factors such as MPG, towing capabilities and some other maintenance expenditures) Sorry bro, I used a mobile phone to type all these hence my slow speed.
Re: Sienna, Pathfinder & Xterra by Muraj: 1:13am On Aug 18, 2013
Thank u very much lomomike for ds ur full explanation. May Almighty God guide u in all ur endeavour.I really appreciate. Once again I say THANK U.
Nevertheless, if u still hv any other advice, even apart from ds 3 vehicle it is welcome, I'll appreciate it. God bless u.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Car Maker Takes To The Skies In Fighter Jets-cnn / Let's Learn More About Automobiles / Toyota Avensis 2002 Salon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.