Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies (16207 Views)

LUTH Fake Doctor Who Was Arrested (Photo) / Police Parades Fake Doctor Who Worked With Federal Ministry Of Health For 9yrs / Police Nab Fake Doctor After Working 10 Years With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Godson201333(m): 2:05am On Aug 17, 2013
A man who holds a secondary school certificate, Stephen Nwankwo, but worked as a doctor in a fake hospital has been arrested alongside the owner of the hospital.

Nwankwo said they took delivery of over 90 babies within the two years he worked in the hospital established by 39-year-old Gabriel Onyema, another secondary school leaver, who lives in Ghana and sells paper.

The suspects spoke with journalists while being paraded on Friday at the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja.

Spokesperson for the police command, Ngozi Braide, said Nwankwo and Onyema were arrested by officers of Area ‘E’ Police Command, FESTAC Town, after a pregnant woman, who had gone to the hospital, died during labour.

40-year-old Nwankwo said he was an auxiliary doctor in a hospital in Ondo State before he moved to Lagos, where he was employed by Onyema.

But while being questioned by journalists, it turned out that he was only a non-medical employee in the unnamed hospital.

The suspect said, “I worked in a hospital in Ondo State sometime ago. I finished from a secondary school before getting a job in Care Hospital, Iba.

“I met Gabriel (Onyema) in the house where he was living in Iba and told him the house was good for a hospital. We then teamed up and entered into a partnership with another man, Dr. Abayomi.

“Gabriel later said I should start working in the hospital as a doctor as well. We undertook up to 90 deliveries. There was a delivery we started about 8 am but did not end until 4 pm. The woman lost a lot of blood. When the baby did not come out on time, we used hand to pull the baby out.”

He, however, claimed that the woman and her baby survived the operation.

Onyema said he lives mostly in Ghana “where I sell bond papers.”

Asked if the hospital was registered, he said, “Work is ongoing on the registration.”

He stated, “I don’t really know all the details of what the doctors I employed there do. They are in the best position to tell you since I was always in Ghana.”

When journalists asked if he was aware his employees perform illegal procedures in the hospital, Onyema said, “Ask me a valid question.” He refused to answer questions onwards.

Meanwhile, the police also paraded four robbery suspects who were arrested during a gun battle with a team of anti-robbery men in Okokomaiko area of Lagos.

“On July 26, 2013, the control room got a distress call that a woman was being robbed in her house in Okokomaiko. The men of the anti-robbery team under the Area ‘E’ Command were able to arrest Godwin Obinwa, who later gave a confession, which led to the arrest of other members of the gang – Nonso Mbonu, Emmanuel Andy and Duke Onugbo,” Braide said.

The police recovered eight guns at Fooma Hotel, Okokomaiko, where the robbers lodged.

Source http://www.punchng.com/news/fake-doctor-takes-delivery-of-over-90-babies/

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Brimmie(m): 2:32am On Aug 17, 2013
That doesn't change the fact he's fake and need to be charged to court.

Clowns everywhere!

Nigeria.. Greedy People, Fake Nation

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 17, 2013
sum tins cum natural...abeg free d man

4 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Brimmie(m): 2:41am On Aug 17, 2013
Babiloko: sum tins cum natural...abeg free d man

Wen U Wan Carry Out Ur Next Abortion, U Fih Go Meet Am!! grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Nobody: 3:25am On Aug 17, 2013
Wonderful!
Welcome to Nigeria.
A country where professional knowledge is not necessary since the passion is there?
Why go for training when it is a talent?
Besides, who say you can not learn with human lives.
And did you see the feat?
90 babies in two years? With no medical training? No license!
This guy should be in guiness books of records.
And he should have been asked how many abortions. Am sure it might be over 1,000.
Two years before the hospital was noticed? What a shame!
So if a baby did not die there, that hospital would still have been functioning? This is the height of irresponsibility. A Lackadaisical attitude by the agency/ministry involved.
SMH for this country.
We keep dreaming of the future while forgetting its the present that births the future.
Issokay....

9 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Standing5(m): 3:37am On Aug 17, 2013
Hmmm!
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by kunlesehan(m): 4:18am On Aug 17, 2013
some countries do have them
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:56am On Aug 17, 2013
How e take manage to deliver 90 babies, na God sabi!
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by delors(m): 12:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
The answer is simple. Since he has delivered 90 babies successfully for a long time, first, punish him for performing the deliveries illegally because he has no certification (Maybe 20months prison term). Then, after his release, offer him a scholarship to get certified and fully qualified and let him continue his work. That's rehabilitation. He has saved lives, though illegally, so he must be punished. He is also a good resource that could be refurbished.

As for the robbers, their verdict is simple.

news: A woman was being robbed in her house in Okokomaiko. The men of the anti-robbery team under the Area ‘E’ Command were able to arrest Godwin Obinwa, who later gave a confession, which led to the arrest of other members of the gang – Nonso Mbonu, Emmanuel Andy and Duke Onugbo
lipsrsealed. Just arrange 12 years for each of them. Let them continue their activities in prison.

12 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by saintkola(m): 12:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Only in Nigeria.. Smh
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 17, 2013
Nawa oh. If to say he study medicine and surgery halfway. E for better.

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Monimatic(m): 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
Na Wah oh

2 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by baby124: 12:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
The minister or registrar of hospitals should be sacked and these guys jailed for a long time. A hospital should not be registered like a palm oil business. All these things should be regulated. If there is a body that regulates the practice of medicine and hospitals they should all be sacked too. Also certified doctors should have a database so people can make informed choices.2013 for God sake. So pathetic

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2013
too many fakes in Nigeria nawa ooo
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by cnwamo(m): 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2013
imagine shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Chinwem(f): 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hmmmm his face alone.......a casual conversation with him should be enough to tell he isn't a doctor or any such thing

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by iamswizz(m): 12:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
Fake story.
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by DoffMan2: 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
Chinwem: Hmmmm his face alone.......a casual conversation with him should be enough to tell he isn't a doctor or any such thing

Lol!
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by moscobabs(m): 1:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
still better than some Doctors that graduated from our private Universities in Nigeria.I know some people will quote me

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by aieromon(m): 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2013
What tha?

Make I give my grandmama something before this story kill am. . . .

8 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by nuesaweso(f): 1:08pm On Aug 17, 2013
Igbos rock! Haterz gonna die tongue

7 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by slimyem: 1:10pm On Aug 17, 2013
Saw it on the news a few minutes ago.
90 babies were delivered but only God knows how many have died in their hands.

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by tareigns(m): 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
Dis looks like seun's uncle.
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by BabaOyee: 1:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
Though kudos to the police on the arrest of the fake doctor bt this is just a tip of the ice berg. There thousands out there yet to be discovered or arrested. They thrive in their business because the level of medical facility provide by the govt can not round adequately and because they offer cheap services compared to well established private hospital but perhaps most importantly Nigeria is a free state. One can do most unimaginable thing on earth and go scotfree!

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by lafuria1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2013
slimyem: Saw it on the news a few minutes ago.
90 babies were delivered but only God knows how many have died in their hands.
Exactly, he surely won't make mention of the number of deaths.
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Efikman(m): 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
Brimmie: That doesn't change the fact he's fake and need to be charged to court.

Clowns everywhere!

Nigeria.. Greedy People, Fake Nation
*AUXILLIATY DOCTOR? WHAT THE HECK IS THAT??

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
Sometimes, I put oranges in my upper shirt and pretend dey are breãsts, othertimes, I pick race at the sight of an 'Nna' and 'Nne'

2 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by UjSizzle(f): 1:44pm On Aug 17, 2013
The man kept claiming they had a doctor, abi na surgeon.
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by AIYELE(m): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
THE DOCTOR HIMSELF NEED MEDICAL ATTENTION
Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by Okeikpu(m): 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
Person wey get dis kind talent no suppose go 2prison tongue if na government wey dea brain dey work , dey knows wot dey suppose 2do. Na so dem jailed me 10yrs, simply because i dey help service all the widows in my village... Imagine a talented person lyke me rotting in prison

1 Like

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by evanstical: 1:48pm On Aug 17, 2013
is that not Mr Okafor of Clinic Matters?

7 Likes

Re: Fake Doctor Delivered Over 90 Babies by danot1030: 1:52pm On Aug 17, 2013
Onyema, Nwankwo, Nonso, Andy Obinwa, Onugbo. Baba Fash their ar more criminals 2 be deported across d bridge, Eko oni baje o, obaje ti.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

25-Year-Old Man Arrested For Allegedly Stabbing His Father To Death In Kano / Landlord’s Son Stabs Tenant To Death Over Electricity Bill / IGP Orders Confiscation Of Vehicles Illegally Using Sirens, Revolving Lights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.