Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:51 PM

20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up (35104 Views)

What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house / Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by dloy(m): 2:14am On Aug 17, 2013
1. Play a sport.
It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others,manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or
catch.

2. It is better to be kind than to be right.

3. Save money when you're young because you're going to need it someday.

4. Your talent with the right attitude will take you anywhere

5. Pray and be a spiritual leader.

6. Don't ever be a bully and don't ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.

7. There's nothing like making hay while the sun shines. Do what you have to do at the right time!

8. Your knowledge and education is
something that nobody can take away from you.

9. Treat your partner kindly .Forever is a long time to live alone and it's even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.

10. Take pride in your appearance.

11. Be strong and tender at the same time.

12. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.

13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir" still go a long way to us.

14. The reason that they're called "private parts" is because they're "private". Please do not show them in public.

15. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.

16. You still have a lot to learn from life,so never treat everyone same

17. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don't take something away from her that you can't give back.

18. A sense of humor goes a long way in the healing process.

19. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.

20. Remember to call your mother and father because I might be missing you.

I found this interesting...kindly add any other tips. Thanks
For more tips, kindly motivate me by liking my page, it only takes 3secs kindly :
http://www.facebook.com/officiallanreadeloye

36 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by MrsChima(f): 2:43am On Aug 17, 2013
Each kid is different and we must custom train our kids accordingly.

6 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by kunlesehan(m): 4:27am On Aug 17, 2013
dloy:

14. The reason that they're called "private parts" is because they're "private". Please show them in public.

quite interesting but please edit no. 14. include "do not"

4 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Burger01(m): 5:32am On Aug 17, 2013
@Op edit No 14 abeg. No parent would want to make 'Beverlly Osu' outa their children..

sad

4 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:51am On Aug 17, 2013
That no 14 is very sensitive.
Last Bullet:
Nice one Op, parents should be doing these for their kids.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Iaz93: 6:44am On Aug 17, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by dloy(m): 9:08am On Aug 17, 2013
kunlesehan:

quite interesting but please edit no. 14. include "do not"

So sorry, it was a typographical error.... Corrected!

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by JohnnyPalmer: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2013
Thougt i saw this same post some ​​ђξяξ else?
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by vladimiros: 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
21) IF ANY GIRLS SAYS YOU NSHOULD BY HER RECHARGE CARD WHEN YOU ARE BOTH 15, RUN FOR DEAR LIFE

6 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by odumchi: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
Their language, history and culture.

5 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
No 2 and 4 is all anyone needs.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
interesting.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by zolajpower: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
i love this. this should be made a daily tips, that should govern the way we live our lives. i must say most adult are found wanting in majority of this things.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Etumgbe(m): 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
wat else remain? Which perfect parents get all these qualities talk more of teaching their children

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 19, 2013

7 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by vladimiros: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
ooseven: 21) that religion is a farce and no one religion has the answer and that he should simply be good and kind and treat everyone as he would want others treat him.

GUY GRAB GUN, NAIJA GO ATTACK YOU OHH

YOU SHOULD SEE HOW THE WORSHIP OYEDEPO MORE THAN GOD THESE DAYS

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by seedord247(m): 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
21... Boys.. Not every punnnani you see you will Fvck.

22..Gurls, Brazillian hair doesn't make you beautiful but brings out the low self esteem in you.

8 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dont trust Nigerians
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Joe50(m): 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Wahala dey oo
There's a new islamic sect in Niger State called Kala Kato

http://world-newspapper..com/2013/08/theres-new-islamic-sect-in-niger-state.html
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by adexsimply(m): 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
now, is that not nice?
(No 2xx) Always say less than Necessary

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by ezedolar: 6:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
Interesting I will say
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by victorazy(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
My doughter u know I luv u. Plz dnt listen to Wizkid's music and dnt watch BBA if u want to to remain virgin.

6 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by orgasticdance: 6:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
To my pikin, n0. 89: Be wary of "must do rules", question everything and nurture your curiosity for life.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Kslib(m): 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
21) Dont be surprised if people still hate you for doing good..
22) when you find yourself in a difficult situation without exit,just beat your hands on your chest and say
"All izz well!

22 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by phurlabby(m): 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
Live and let live
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
TRUST THY SELF.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
odumchi: Their language, history and culture.
also very important
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Wsdm: 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
Avoid occupying your self with discussing others mistakes while you leave your own untouched.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by deeptesting(m): 7:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
naijababe: No 2 and 4 is all anyone needs.

I was brought up to be kind than be right but paid a very big price for it especially with Nigerians,however,no 4 has kept me going....Sometimes i just feel people are not worth the kindness you show them, you have to establish your right.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Damojo: 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
Never underestimate the power of social media! The semi-nude DP on BB or ur FB comment today can ruin ur career tomorrow

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by adoubleu(f): 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
21. No one is indispensable, Absolutely no one! So use every opportunity you have got to treat people right cos u never know, you might be at their mercy sometime and depending on how you treated them, they'll make the decision to either make or mar you...

6 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by yfo: 8:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
dloy: 1. Play a sport.
It will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others,manage your time and stay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or
catch.

2. It is better to be kind than to be right.

3. Save money when you're young because you're going to need it someday.

4. Your talent with the right attitude will take you anywhere

5. Pray and be a spiritual leader.

6. Don't ever be a bully and don't ever start a fight, but if some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.

7. There's nothing like making hay while the sun shines. Do what you have to do at the right time!

8. Your knowledge and education is
something that nobody can take away from you.

9. Treat your partner kindly .Forever is a long time to live alone and it's even longer to live with somebody who hates your guts.

10. Take pride in your appearance.

11. Be strong and tender at the same time.

12. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.

13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir" still go a long way to us.

14. The reason that they're called "private parts" is because they're "private". Please do not show them in public.

15. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and others will follow.

16. You still have a lot to learn from life,so never treat everyone same

17. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so don't take something away from her that you can't give back.

18. A sense of humor goes a long way in the healing process.

19. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.

20. Remember to call your mother and father because I might be missing you.

I found this interesting...kindly add any other tips. Thanks

SOURCE: http://www.facebook.com/officiallanreadeloye

and by d time they are 20...half of these would be forgotten undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Family! Thank You For Helping Me Pay My School Fees / 13 Sentences You Will Never Hear From Nigerian Parents / Woman Celebrates Her Quadruplets At 6 Months (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.