Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,264 members, 7,807,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up (35110 Views)

What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house / Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by hayubee(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
ooseven: 21) that religion is a farce and no one religion has the answer we most deeply seek.

^perhaps ur religion. Cos mine has d solution 2 all my probs jus pray God makes my task easy so I can worship him well cos my Lord is sufficient 4 me

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by segcymoor(m): 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
ok
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by adoubleu(f): 8:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
22. When you are wrong, these three magic words come in handy, "I am sorry".

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
@ Op as well as teaching them to SHARE ! A lot of kids were not taught at their young age about this. So some end up growing up and being greedy or stiff with irrelevant things . E.g some adults in tertiary institutions can't even share their buckets with roomates especially females.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by bebechuks: 9:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
vladimiros:

GUY GRAB GUN, NAIJA GO ATTACK YOU OHH

YOU SHOULD SEE HOW THE WORSHIP OYEDEPO MORE THAN GOD THESE DAYS
if na Oyedepo u dey talk,it has been a long time people worship him more dan God our Father.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Truckpusher(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Impressive but doesn't work out that way all the time.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by rapmike(m): 9:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
21) know God urself and dnt depend wholly on pastors,priests and prophets, dnt insult dem bt dnt turn dem 2 God.
22). Give everybodi d basic trust of d fact dat they r human being irresp of tribe,clan and country sentimentality, den let them earn d remaining trust.
23) learn 2 4giv. U really dnt nid d stress of kiping an unwantd artifact in ur head, however dnt trust so readily.
24) Dream pls,we nid ppl dat cn dream smtin wondaful 4 d world and work towards dat dream 2 be realised

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Truckpusher(m): 9:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
Wunmi10: @ Op as well as teaching them to SHARE ! A lot of kids were not taught at their young age about this. So some end up growing up and being greedy or stiff with irrelevant things . E.g some adults in tertiary institutions can't even share their buckets with roomates especially females.
There are some things that one shouldn't share with people no matter how close.....it's a fact.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Kingskid20(m): 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
All dis ar gud qualifications.but God helps us cos is not by our strenght atall
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by idugbe(m): 10:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
Success in marriage is not automatic."Living happily ever after" only happens in the movies. For your marriage to work, you will have to work hard at it.
You will have problems with your spouse, but try to resolve it with her without involving a third person.
All will be well, even in the well!

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
Truckpusher: There are some things that one shouldn't share with people no matter how close.....it's a fact.

Yes u re right. That's why I said irrelevant things
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by sjewel(f): 10:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
21) always remember even when everyone turns their back at u,MUMMY AND DADDY WILL ALWAYS LUV U.. smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Kanwulia: 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
Every GAMBLER KNOWS. . . . . The secret to surviving!

When I play THE GAMBLER by KR, they understand ME purrrfectly! kiss

I dun need to say more. I don't have to repeat myself either! kiss
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by angiemartinez(f): 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
teach them how to be time conscious and how to tidy their belongings and above all respect for adults.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Skmoda360(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
naijababe: No 2 and 4 is all anyone needs.
Hmmmmmm!!!
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Expensiveman: 11:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
24. Pls my children dont browse nairaland for ur own good.ops
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by osifred(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
I don't see the logic in 2 'it is better to be kind than be right'

Can sumbody explain that as it relate to everyday living?
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Kunlexic(m): 11:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
Now let me add mine 'if u like something,leave it and let it go,it will come back if it is urs.'
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by banky222: 11:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
21. NEVER YOU HATE MATHEMATICS

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by adexsimply(m): 1:15am On Aug 20, 2013
Kanwulia: Every GAMBLER KNOWS. . . . . The secret to surviving!

When I play THE GAMBLER by KR, they understand ME purrrfectly! kiss

I dun need to say more. I don't have to repeat myself either! kiss

so you are a fan of Kenny Roger's? I love that song like...
"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
Know when to run
You never count your money
When you're sittin' at the table
There'll be time enough for countin'
When the dealin's done "
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by LordReed(m): 1:29am On Aug 20, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
Each kid is different and we must custom train our kids accordingly.

You can't selectively train kids not to have good manners (which is what the OP is mostly about).
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by LordReed(m): 1:30am On Aug 20, 2013
osifred: I don't see the logic in 2 'it is better to be kind than be right'

Can sumbody explain that as it relate to everyday living?

Abacha killing Saro-Wiwa.
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 20, 2013
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by badoutyn(m): 4:09am On Aug 20, 2013
(23)Never ever look down on yourself in life.Always have it in mind that you are born to succeed and you will succeed.

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by emmabest2000(m): 5:24am On Aug 20, 2013
Becareful how you choose friends

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by bonetalk(m): 6:05am On Aug 20, 2013
y-fo:

and by d time they are 20...half of these would be forgotten undecided
then, u would know that u have tried ur best as a parent
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by iamdsam: 6:55am On Aug 20, 2013
Single parenting has bad effects. This is what I've been going through. No father to guide and encourage me when I am in perilous times

1 Like

Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by BB013(m): 6:56am On Aug 20, 2013
Space booked
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by judedwriter(m): 7:23am On Aug 20, 2013
My pickin, understand ur purpose nd pursue it even wen others criticize u. When u make it, ur faulters will praise nd celebrate u smiley
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by sylve11: 7:25am On Aug 20, 2013
Kslib: 21) Dont be surprised if people still hate you for doing good..
22) when you find yourself in a difficult situation without exit,just beat your hands on your chest and say
"All izz well!

Men, u gat my 10,000 likes. So true! cool
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by sylve11: 7:29am On Aug 20, 2013
idugbe: Success in marriage is not automatic."Living happily ever after" only happens in the movies. For your marriage to work, you will have to work hard at it.
You will have problems with your spouse, but try to resolve it with her without involving a third person.
All will be well, even in the well!

yeah even in the well. cool
Re: 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up by equily(m): 7:33am On Aug 20, 2013
[quote author=Joe50]Wahala dey oo
There's a new islamic sect in Niger State called Kala Kato

d source of ur news knw notin abt Niger state,,,,, am frm niger state more so Rafi LG Kagara,,,,,,thier is notin of such hapnin over here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Family! Thank You For Helping Me Pay My School Fees / Woman Celebrates Her Quadruplets At 6 Months (Photos) / My Wife Is Pregnant Again And Our Kids Are Only 1 And 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.