Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,544 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant (12456 Views)

Buhari Threatened To Sack Ministers Because Of Extradition Agreement With UAE / ‘Declare Faleke’s House Of Reps Seat Vacant’ / Edo Speaker Declares Lawmaker's Seat Vacant For Defecting To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Maxymilliano(m): 6:44am On Aug 17, 2013
The All Progressives Grand Alliance has threatened to ask a court to declare Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha's post vacant over his defection to the All Progressives Congress.

The National Chairman of APGA, Chief Victor Umeh, stated this in an interview with Saturday PUNCH in Abuja on Friday.

Umeh said the party would be relying on the Supreme Court judgment in Rotimi Amaechi vs Celestine Omehia and the Peoples Democratic Party, which decided that the electorate voted for a political party and not individuals.

He said APGA would base its court action on the fact that it was the party that gave Okorocha the ticket to be governor.

He said, "Okorocha's case is entirely a different thing and the party has suspended him for his actions and despite the statements by his aides and his deputy that they are in the APC for good. We are waiting for him to make a formal declaration on joining the APC.

"If he does that, APGA will take him to court seeking a declaration that his seat becomes vacant. In doing that, we shall be relying on the Supreme Court authority in the case of Rotimi Amaechi vs Celestine Omehia and the PDP, where the Supreme Court emphatically stated in the judgment that the electorate voted for the party and not the candidate."

Asked whether the governor was risking expulsion, the APGA chairman said, "The choice is his," adding, "ordinarily, we won't like to expel a governor that was elected through our platform."

Several calls and a text message put to a former Commissioner for Information in IMO State, who has been acting as Okorocha's spokesperson, Mr. Chinedu Offor, were not replied.

But sources in the Imo State Government House told our correspondent that the governor travelled to the United States in company with many of his friends and aides.

The governor recently dissolved his cabinet and removed his aides.

However, Okorocha's immediate past Special Assistant (Media), Mr. Ebere Uzoukwa, dismissed the threat.

Uzoukwa, who is also reacting as Convener/President of South-East Progressive Assembly, said, "Though we do not intend to speak for the governor nor the Imo State government on this particular issue, but as progressives deeply committed to promoting democracy at the grass roots as well as raising political awareness in the South-East, we frown at Chief Umeh's destructive agenda, which, if not checkmated, has the tendency of polarising the zone ahead of 2015.

http://www.punchng.com/news/well-ask-court-to-declare-okorochas-seat-vacant-umeh/

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Seanet1000: 6:48am On Aug 17, 2013
Empty threat....
Chest beating

2 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by homesteady(m): 7:50am On Aug 17, 2013
Ghen ghen! This one na serious trouble oh!

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 17, 2013
Rochas must go he is a disgrace

11 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 7:54am On Aug 17, 2013
APGA give Anambra Soludo and Obaze OR we will make TROUBLE.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by FFKdrillsBianca: 7:55am On Aug 17, 2013
They are just making noise
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Maidoki14(m): 9:29am On Aug 17, 2013
Amaechi neva give am money ba?
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Brimmie(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2013
dazey: Rochas must go he is a disgrace

Mumu.. Give me reason why he should go!? Don't tell me 'coz he joined APC o! Or else i go sound you for face! undecided

25 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by cKaiser: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2013
When Tinubu left AD why didnt they declare his seat vacant

When TA Orji left PPA why didnt they declare his seat vacant

7 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2013
empty threat jor

they should try it and see how youths will turn imo upside down

3 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Olastep1(m): 9:45am On Aug 17, 2013
I dey laff
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by CLIQBOY(m): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2013
Yungwizzzy: r
See your life
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by slap1(m): 9:48am On Aug 17, 2013
I bet they have never heard the word ''constitution".
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 17, 2013
We just dey wait
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by fingard02k(m): 9:53am On Aug 17, 2013
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by apoti(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2013
APGA always talking, no action
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by searay(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2013
Dem say wetin happen? I never read
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Jeel: 9:56am On Aug 17, 2013
This Okoro man turned governor is just an artist. His true nature will show soon once he lives the stage.

2 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by kennyonthrone(m): 9:57am On Aug 17, 2013
Nawa oo d'way dis pple d'tk travel dis U.S'odikwa veri horrible.......he definitely lacks loyalty 2 d'party dat brought him in power...anyway shaa wetin concern me*sippin ma alomo*
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by alphaconde(m): 9:59am On Aug 17, 2013
cKaiser: When Tinubu left AD why didnt they declare his seat vacant

Mumu question from mumu person expecting mumu answer

2 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 17, 2013
Hmm, see idiots and shediots. U guyz are done in Anambra state, den disqualify soludo, kai.
Keep on making empty threats, infact una don finish for east.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by clint77ng: 10:22am On Aug 17, 2013
Brimmie:

Mumu.. Give me reason why he should go!? Don't tell me 'coz he joined APC o! Or else i go sound you for face! undecided
imo is on a stand still. He has done nothing for the poor masses who laid down their lives for him. Ikiri will be laughing at us.

4 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by clint77ng: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2013
cKaiser: When Tinubu left AD why didnt they declare his seat vacant

We have a new electoral act (2011)
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Pukkah: 10:24am On Aug 17, 2013
What manner of political party is this APGA? From disqualifying Soludo to threatening Rochas. At the end, the party will lose everything.

Are the facts of Amaechi/Omehia's case the same as this one?

Anyway, it might even be better for the party to merge with the left-over of PDP now that PDM has been registered.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by katordidi(m): 10:26am On Aug 17, 2013
alpha conde:

Mumu question from mumu person expecting mumu answer
u are the slowpoke for calling it a mumu question. U and de one retard that liked ur post

4 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by francisbiz: 10:27am On Aug 17, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: APGA give Anambra Soludo and Obaze OR we will make TROUBLE.
Here yourself; Soludo that just came yesterday, he does not even know the party' manifestos and even if you give him the APGA ticket and he wins the election he is prone to defect to PDP like rochas.
Why can't they stay in their original parties in this country. Just look at Tinubu and co metamorphosing from one party to the other - AD to AC to ACN to APC. The questions are, what are they looking for, don't they have other jobs to do rather than politics?
IT IS DIVINE IN NIGERIA THAT SECTIONAL PARTIES DO NOT WIN AND WILL NEVER WIN ANY PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION(S).
NIGERIA IS MULTI-EVERYTHING SO YOU HAVE TO BE A PARTY THAT IS MULTI-EVERYTHING TO WIN THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION

2 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by demelza01(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2013
Why do they want to push him out?
Rochas is only partaking in his favourite sport which is high jump.
Didnt Rochas jump from another party to this one?
Who knows if Rochas is merely using the APC as a stop gap before moving to another party?

2 Likes

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Istie: 10:36am On Aug 17, 2013
Action speaks louder than voice. We are waiting and watching.
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by unmask: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2013
hmmm so we actually vote for the parties rather than the candidate?.....well that might have been plausible in a country where the political parties have ideals....like the liberals and conservatives in the US.....I sincerely still dont understand please can someone tell me why we vote again?
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2013
Brimmie:

he is a failure

1 Like

Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 17, 2013
unmask: hmmm so we actually vote for the parties rather than the candidate?.....well that might have been plausible in a country where the political parties have ideals....like the liberals and conservatives in the US.....I sincerely still dont understand please can someone tell me why we vote again?

Umeh just gave a precedent in the Amaechi vs Umehia case determined by the Supreme Court which the last time I checked is the highest court in the land
Re: APGA Threatened To Declare Okorocha's Seat Vacant by Rhino5dm: 10:45am On Aug 17, 2013
Which APGA?

The APGA - APGA or APGA - PDP?

Confusion e dey pa ye pa, Deadi bodi geti accident ye pa!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dapchi: CAN Calls For Release Of Christian Girl, Blames Buhari For Not Acting / Defected Lawmakers Are Like Malaria Parasites In APC’s Body – Sagay / Fashola, Dalung, Ngige, Adeosun, Lai Mohammed At FG Town Hall Meeting In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.