Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,564 members, 7,801,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:53 PM

Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: (1012 Views)

5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) / Things Parents Should Never Say Around Kids / Parent(s) Laying Curses On Their Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by Nobody: 6:47am On Aug 17, 2013
1. Play a sport. it will teach you how to win honorably, lose gracefully, respect authority, work with others, manage your time and ttay out of trouble. And maybe even throw or catch.

2. It is better to be kind than to be right.

3. Save money when you're young because you're going
to need it someday.

4. Allow me to introduce you to the dishwasher, oven,
washing machine, iron, vacuum, mop and broom. Now
please go use them.

5. Pray and be a spiritual leader.

6. Don't ever be a bully and don't ever start a fight, but if
some idiot clocks you, please defend yourself.
7. Use careful aim when you pee. Somebody's got to
clean that up, you know.

8. Your knowledge and education is something that
nobody can take away from you.

9. Treat your partner kindly. Forever is a long time to live
alone and it's even longer to live with somebody who
hates your guts.

10. Take pride in your appearance.

11. Be strong and tender at the same time.

12. A woman can do everything that you can do. This
includes her having a successful career and you changing diapers at 3 A.M. Mutual respect is the key to a good relationship.
13. "Yes ma'am" and "yes sir" still go a long way.

14. The reason that they're called "private parts" is
because they're "private". Please do not scratch them in
public.

15. Peer pressure is a scary thing. Be a good leader and
others will follow.

16. Bringing her flowers for no reason is always a good
idea.

17. You will set the tone for the sexual relationship, so
don't take something away from her that you can't give
back.

18. A sense of humor goes a long way in the healing
process.

19. Please choose your spouse wisely. My daughter-in-
law will be the gatekeeper for me spending time with you and my grandchildren.

20. Remember to call your mother and father because I
might be missing you.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by ayobase(m): 9:27am On Aug 17, 2013
teach them of the old path, this civilization is eating deep into them.

Teach them how to be respectful. Kneeling down and prostrating to greet elders.

doing house chores without machines (washing, vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and the likes)

Teenagers of today are far more than terrible....its pathetic how we have allowed things to degenerate over the years via pampering due to civilization!

a teenager slappinh his/her teacher both at academic and religious ground!

a teenager warning her parents to stop embarrassing him/her in front of her friends!
Re: Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by JohnnyPalmer: 9:40am On Aug 17, 2013
First of all, teach them in the way of the Lord. That's the starting point

1 Like

Re: Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 17, 2013
ayobase: teach them of the old path, this civilization is eating deep into them.

Teach them how to be respectful. Kneeling down and prostrating to greet elders.

doing house chores without machines (washing, vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and the likes)

Teenagers of today are far more than terrible....its pathetic how we have allowed things to degenerate over the years via pampering due to civilization!

a teenager slappinh his/her teacher both at academic and religious ground!

a teenager warning her parents to stop embarrassing him/her in front of her friends!

@the bolded...when the whole world is thinking about how to make life as easy as possible, here in Nigeria we are talking making ourselves to suffer and suffer more. And we say Technology is not where it should be in Nigeria. So how do you expect advancement in tech when our mindset doesn't allow change?
Do you know those chores can actually affect learning process of a child (especially when they are too many)?
Remember in the old days children don't go to school and women don't go to work; so they always had the whole day!
Re: Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by Afrocatalyst: 10:06am On Aug 17, 2013
I love the sports part. Have been lagging behind there. Will pick it up asap. Nice post.

1 Like

Re: Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by ayobase(m): 6:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
speedyboi:

@the bolded...when the whole world is thinking about how to make life as easy as possible, here in Nigeria we are talking making ourselves to suffer and suffer more. And we say Technology is not where it should be in Nigeria. So how do you expect advancement in tech when our mindset doesn't allow change?
Do you know those chores can actually affect learning process of a child (especially when they are too many)?
Remember in the old days children don't go to school and women don't go to work; so they always had the whole day!

Who says I'm not encouraging technology.

-I would have asked the parents to make then trek to school under the sun.
-I would told the parents to stop them from using the internet.
-I would have told the parents not to buy phone, calculator and the likes for them.

-A child wanna wash pant, he/she goes to the washing machine.
-A child wanna wash tea cup, heresolves to using dish washer.
-A child wanna sweep his/her room, he/she hijacks the vacuum.
-A child wanna make lunch, he/she calls on the chef to make tea or cook indomie aight?

Later, I guess the child wouldn't be doing anything again. The machines will be doing all...bathing, walking, reading.....

Healthy living goes a long way!
Domestic works goes a long way!

No be until u run the streets of abuja or u enter all the gyms for ur area!

Above all, teach ur kids to be respectful.
Re: Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 17, 2013
ayobase:

Who says I'm not encouraging technology.

-I would have asked the parents to make then trek to school under the sun.
-I would told the parents to stop them from using the internet.
-I would have told the parents not to buy phone, calculator and the likes for them.

-A child wanna wash pant, he/she goes to the washing machine.
-A child wanna wash tea cup, heresolves to using dish washer.
-A child wanna sweep his/her room, he/she hijacks the vacuum.
-A child wanna make lunch, he/she calls on the chef to make tea or cook indomie aight?

Later, I guess the child wouldn't be doing anything again. The machines will be doing all...bathing, walking, reading.....

Healthy living goes a long way!
Domestic works goes a long way!

No be until u run the streets of abuja or u enter all the gyms for ur area!

Above all, teach ur kids to be respectful.

Nothing wrong grin! All the time he/she is using to do all that; he could've been using it to brainstorm inventions or even invent something. angry
Re: Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by ayobase(m): 10:54pm On Aug 17, 2013
speedyboi:

Nothing wrong grin! All the time he/she is using to do all that; he could've been using it to brainstorm inventions or even invent something. angry

What happened to those that invented those before inventing them...were they washing with stones?

House Chores are good for the mental development of children.

What are they even inventing?
Re: Twenty Things That Parents Should Teach Their Child: by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 17, 2013
ayobase:

What happened to those that invented those before inventing them...were they washing with stones?

House Chores are good for the mental development of children.

What are they even inventing?
dry cleaner tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Someone Earning 67,000 Naira Settle Down And Also Assisting His Parents? / Please I Need Help. / Police Parade Dogs That Attacked A 4yr-old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.