Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz (982 Views)

When The Coffin Seller Says 'There Is No Market', What Does He Probably Mean? / Swift Networks 4G LTE: Solution To Nigerian Sluggish Internet Connections? / I Need To Travel To China To Learn Corporate Internet Installation For Companies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by presegsADESIDA(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2013
The world of corporate internet technology is completely different from any connectivity package the regular consumer could even dream up. Have you ever been on your computer at work really early in the morning before anybody else gets there? Did you notice how fast you could download a document or surf the internet? This is because corporate internet connections are another realm from what we're used to. If you're starting a business or just looking to up your bandwidth, here are a couple of the common internet connections being used in the corporate arena.

So what are some of the basic technologies that they work with? One of them is called ISDN. ISDN stands for Integrated Services Digital Network. This is basically a telephone line made of copper wiring that provides extremely fast data transmissions. There are two types of ISDN. The first one is call the B-channel. This is used for the transfer of data, video, voice or any other multimedia. The B-channel runs at 64 kbps (kilobytes per second). The other type is called the D-channel. The D-channel will either run at 16 kbps or at 64 kbps depending on how you set it up. The D-channel is primarily used to switch your equipment in the ISDN network and the equipment at your ISDN site. Depending on the size of the corporation, the ISDN network can slow down a bit when more people are on the network downloading video, music or applications. Corporations also use this kind of connection for their video conferencing and for remote access to their computer networks.

Another connection technology that is commonly found in corporations is the use of the T1 line. A T1 line has the power to carry twenty-four digitized voices channels and a date rate of 1.544 megabits per second. A T1 connection can carry about sixty times the amount of data per second than a regular residential modem. The usual cost of a T1 line is around five hundred dollars per month, depending on who the company gets their service from. That may sound like a lot, but it's really nothing in the eyes of a medium sized company. The truth is that even a medium sized company needs more speed than that. Up one from the T1 is the T3 connection. A T3 connection can transmit 43.23 megabits per second and is the equivalent to twenty-eight T1s.

The next up from the T3 connection is the OC1. The OC1 stands for optical carrier because this uses fiber optics instead of copper telephone wiring. The number describes how many multiples of 51.84 megabits per second it can carry. The OC1 is basically a small step up from a T3 connection. Next is the OC3 which can deliver 155.52 megabits per second. Most large companies will use and OC12 connection because it's so strong and reliable.

If you're looking to get your business a great internet connection, you need to ask yourself how much you are willing to spend. If you're a small business with less than ten employees, you could probably go with a T1 connection and be just fine. However, if you're a medium to large sized business who has the money and the resources for an OC3 connection, then you're looking at somewhere around five thousand or more for the speed you want.

Now that you now know what Corporate Internet Technology is and what its benefits are,I'm sure that you will love to have one either for personal use,business or comapany as I do with mine having Dedicated USA IP which I do use wherever I travel to even using it to operate secured sites like PayPal & many without issues.

See the screenshot of mine below showing my connection as corporate & should in case you need to get one with your USA dedicated IP,feel free to drop comment below as it starts from $200 per year or more depending on how big your company is in terms of the nos of personal computer(s) that connect(s) to the internet or that needs Corporate & secured Internet Connection.

Re: What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by Chukslar: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2013
You did not breakdown the cost of each connection.

This is Naija everybody wants to know the cost before they start commenting or contacting you.
Re: What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by presegsADESIDA(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
Chukslar: You did not breakdown the cost of each connection.

This is Naija everybody wants to know the cost before they start commenting or contacting you.

I said it above that it starts from $200 yearly.
Re: What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by arbitrage: 12:57am On Sep 23, 2013
Thanks for the info but do not mistake the capacity/capability of internet connection with the actual data throughput of such connection. Apart from the Optic Fibre technology that is favoured because of its minimized possibility of data loss during transmission (because it is based on the principle of total internal reflection of optics/light in Physics), the other means you stated are fairly old in a way. In fact, the T3 connection with capacity to give 43.23 Mbps is still less than capacity of the old wireless access technology, 802.11b/g, which basically supports between 48 and 54 Mbps data speed. Talk-less of subsequent wireless protocols 802.11a/b/g/n and/or 802.11 n, with various support speeds ranging from 100 Mpbs to 300 Mbps. You can now imagine the speed that emerging wireless speed 802.11ac will support. The traditional Cat 5e, 6 or 7 LAN ethernet cable will support data from your internet source to your PC up to gigabits of speed as well and more stable than wireless access points. BUT...

All said and done and no matter the capacity rating of the connection you are using, the big and important question is what is the data throughput the service provider is pushing to you? When your wired or wireless internet connection and devices can support large bandwidth of data, are they giving you anything close? Even our telecom companies that promise 3G, 3.75G, 4G or even recent LTE speed by Swift Networks' acquisition of Direct on PC mobile platform, the data throughput of most of them to us is not even near what foreign countries are offering their users at a speed between Edge and 3G. So it is not the capacity of the connection that matters, whether individual, residential, SOHO or corporate internet plans, but the data throughput of your ISP, especially when they have many of you (users) being served. You can check your actual connection data speed at speedtest.net to be sure.
Re: What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by kedukc(m): 6:01am On Sep 23, 2013
$200 annually. Lmao. Go and do your research well before you put yourself in trouble for this thread @op.
Re: What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2013
arbitrage: Thanks for the info but do not mistake the capacity/capability of internet connection with the actual data throughput of such connection. Apart from the Optic Fibre technology that is favoured because of its minimized possibility of data loss during transmission (because it is based on the principle of total internal reflection of optics/light in Physics), the other means you stated are fairly old in a way. In fact, the T3 connection with capacity to give 43.23 Mbps is still less than capacity of the old wireless access technology, 802.11b/g, which basically supports between 48 and 54 Mbps data speed. Talk-less of subsequent wireless protocols 802.11a/b/g/n and/or 802.11 n, with various support speeds ranging from 100 Mpbs to 300 Mbps. You can now imagine the speed that emerging wireless speed 802.11ac will support. The traditional Cat 5e, 6 or 7 LAN ethernet cable will support data from your internet source to your PC up to gigabits of speed as well and more stable than wireless access points. BUT...

All said and done and no matter the capacity rating of the connection you are using, the big and important question is what is the data throughput the service provider is pushing to you? When your wired or wireless internet connection and devices can support large bandwidth of data, are they giving you anything close? Even our telecom companies that promise 3G, 3.75G, 4G or even recent LTE speed by Swift Networks' acquisition of Direct on PC mobile platform, the data throughput of most of them to us is not even near what foreign countries are offering their users at a speed between Edge and 3G. So it is not the capacity of the connection that matters, whether individual, residential, SOHO or corporate internet plans, but the data throughput of your ISP, especially when they have many of you (users) being served. You can check your actual connection data speed at speedtest.net to be sure.

Hmmm!Mr Arbitrage!You are going too hi-tech with this especially in your first paragraph.

I understand you but we need to understand needs differ from one company to the other based on status of the company in question.
Re: What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:52am On Sep 23, 2013
kedukc: $200 annually. Lmao. Go and do your research well before you put yourself in trouble for this thread @op.

I understand you bro taking note that there different options and types.

I only said that it starts from $200 yearly as the type that I'm using for mine is $200 yearly which I can help anyone interested to get.

I can as well help any company to work out more powerful ones.

Bear it in mind that I'm as an well an Hi-tech Computer Science student (not for proudness sake but for you and everyone to know that I know what I'm talking about in here.).
Re: What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by arbitrage: 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2013
presegsADESIDA:

Hmmm!Mr Arbitrage!You are going too hi-tech with this especially in your first paragraph.

I understand you but we need to understand needs differ from one company to the other based on status of the company in question.

If you look at the question of your responder, you will see that he didn't understand that what you are actually advertising is how to get a static also known as dedicated internet vpn. that is why your ip address posted above is assigned that of a corporate body in the US.

Your preceding info made it sound as if you are advertising a dedicated internet service provision, which i know you cannot get from a foreign provider like US here in Nigeria without having their or your satellite internet connection installed in your place. Yet the least price you can get such dish and accessories is beyond $200 not to talk of cost of subscription to data plan per month. If you subscribe to isp in Nigeria, you will still pay for vsat equipment and data plans as well.

So, your readers need to understand that you are talking of changing their existing internet connection to a foreign and dedicated IP address, which could be corporate as yours and not necessarily have anything to do with the data speed of their connection. Their poor glo or mtn connection will not suddenly become fast 43.23 mbps speed just because they change their IP address through VPN service to a foreign US IP address.
Re: What Corporate Internet Connections Mean & How To Get One For Your Company/biz by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:59pm On Sep 25, 2013
arbitrage:

If you look at the question of your responder, you will see that he didn't understand that what you are actually advertising is how to get a static also known as dedicated internet vpn. that is why your ip address posted above is assigned that of a corporate body in the US.

Your preceding info made it sound as if you are advertising a dedicated internet service provision, which i know you cannot get from a foreign provider like US here in Nigeria without having their or your satellite internet connection installed in your place. Yet the least price you can get such dish and accessories is beyond $200 not to talk of cost of subscription to data plan per month. If you subscribe to isp in Nigeria, you will still pay for vsat equipment and data plans as well.

So, your readers need to understand that you are talking of changing their existing internet connection to a foreign and dedicated IP address, which could be corporate as yours and not necessarily have anything to do with the data speed of their connection. Their poor glo or mtn connection will not suddenly become fast 43.23 mbps speed just because they change their IP address through VPN service to a foreign US IP address.

Well said and I so much love your contributions.
Thanks once again for the clarification but it helps with speed though

(1) (Reply)

Motivational Business Quotes (let's Motivate Ourselves) / Turkey Rearing / The Next Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.