Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,576 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? (976 Views)

As a christian,I feel cheated whenever I come across this (picture) / When you come across a Hopeless Situation. / Have Any Of Your Dreams Ever Come To Reality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2013
"SEND THIS MESSAGE IF NOT"

So, i received this message as a broadcast on my blackberry as usual and it got me laughing as always whenever i receive such, and at the same time it made me feel pity for those who may think this is how God act and that's why i have decided to adress some misconceptions people may have about God, here is the message below:

"I got a revelation from God which wont be discussed, but the summary is that God is not happy with the youths of this generation because we deny him and don't read our bible...to be saved send this to 10 contacts if not wait and see what happens during your admission period....dont dare God. I swear!!! God will mess you up if you don't send this to all your contacts. You shall never see the four walls of a university. Oh Yesss!!!. It is by force"

So many people must have received the above message or a message of this sort perhaps at least once since they began to use e-messages and social networks and would be like "Ooo here it comes again, i ve got to forward this quick before something happens to me" or "what sort of message is this but well, let me just forward it so i won't face the repercussion"

Nice move, but i will say some of us who receive such messages and send them to all their contacts are just as ignorant as the original poster. Apparently the poster of this message received no revelation, Why do i say so?? I will address some of the inconsistencies the message possesses in respect to God and His word.

1). The poster claims he got a revelation from God "which won't be discussed": After reading the first line, there is sufficient prove the poster just wants to play around with some people who perhaps are jobless like him/her, Why would you get a revelation from God and won't want to discuss it? As far as am concerned, things are revealed by God to people for them to share with their fellow people in order to rule out heresies, save 'the disobedient' from the wrath to come', to bring awareness of God to the people..and so forth, except for personal revelations of which this one isn't, so there is a question as to whether the poster really received his revelation from God.

2). The poster says "to be saved send it to 10 contacts": I think someone who has the slightest of understanding from the bible would know we are not saved or can't be saved by mere sending a message, one would think the poster has this understanding but with a post like that, it is obvious he doesn't, i mean its easy to have come across Acts 4:12 and Ephesians 2:8-9 at least once if he/she were to be someone who reads his/her bible at all.

3). "if not wait and see what happens during your admission period....dont dare God. I swear!!! God will mess you up if you don't send this to all your contacts. You shall never see the four walls of a university. Oh Yesss!!!. It is by force": This part amazes me the most, So God revealed the above?? SMH!!! Even a 5yr old kid just waking up from sleep would call this poster a joker after reading this, but funny enough this is the part that make people scared and send such messages to all their contacts, But isn't it obvious the above quote is full of hatred and God who is Love could not have told anyone or wish anyone this, Not to talk of "for just not sending a useless message".. I laugh in spanish, and did i hear the poster say "I swear", Whao!!! That's end of discussion.

In conclusion, the poster may be right that God is angry with the youth because they deny Him(the only thing that's seems true in the entire post) but still, making generalizations that way without facts would be wrong, "Not all youths deny God"

To everyone out there, do not be deceived by messages like this, you can't be saved by mere sending a message, 'we are saved by grace through christ alone', if it happens that you are saved already, you can't be cursed because you did not send a useless message filled with hatred and misconception, let's take time to study Gods word and we won't have problem knowing messages like this are false, God bless you, and good morning.
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by Coldfeet(f): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2013
As far as am concerned such messages are from the pits of hell!! The devil is a deceiver and a lier!! My Bible says ye MUST be saved to see the Kingdom of God! Problem is most of us are just too lazy to go through the redemption process and would rather take short cuts like these which is pure deception thinking they can out smart God cheesy cheesy cheesy (I laugh in chinco) if you like broadcast and rebroadcast from now till eternity if you don't have Jesus Christ my friend you have NOTHING!!!!! Fear of the unknown is a companion to the faithless. Discard that msg as soon as you get it my own opinion.
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 11:26am On Aug 17, 2013
Coldfeet: As far as am concerned such messages are from the pits of hell!! The devil is a deceiver and a lier!! My Bible says ye MUST be saved to see the Kingdom of God! Problem is most of us are just too lazy to go through the redemption process and would rather take short cuts like these which is pure deception thinking they can out smart God cheesy cheesy cheesy (I laugh in chinco) if you like broadcast and rebroadcast from now till eternity if you don't have Jesus Christ my friend you have NOTHING!!!!! Fear of the unknown is a companion to the faithless. Discard that msg as soon as you get it my own opinion.

just exactly my thought, I just decided to address the issue once and for all for all for the sake of those who think they can be saved by mere sending a message or simply typing amen in a post..
lol.
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 4:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
A lot of people have been deceived to think they are pleasing God this way.
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by Candour(m): 8:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
@haibe

That is what Christianity has become.we've become conditioned to behave like schizophrenics over very issue.''forward this mail to 30 people and see a breakthrough in 30 days else your loved one will go down with cancer of the teeth'', ''sow this seed and get a hundred fold return in 24 hours or the angel of blessings will blacklist you'', and so many other nonsense. I remember the story of strange 'killer phone numbers' of 2011. We have become ruled by fear. The same fear carried over from our idolatrous and superstitious past.

When i see Christians who live in this kind of fear,i dont get impatient because i was once there too but the glorious light of the undiluted word of God delivered me.

I believe it will do the same for all who do a true searching of scriptures (John 5:39)
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by magkhan(f): 8:40pm On Aug 17, 2013
I got this same message just before opening this site....
it's quite funny....it's a curse in blessings clothing....
you go to Facebook and see a coffin with a message like 'may your family never have a reason to buy this coffin this year' Type amen to claim it and escape disaster....scroll down and you will be amazed at the number of people typing Amen....
then again,it's no secret that common sense ain't that common
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by superior1: 8:49pm On Aug 17, 2013
I simply delete them without a second thought

1 Like

Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
magkhan: I got this same message just before opening this site....
it's quite funny....it's a curse in blessings clothing....
you go to Facebook and see a coffin with a message like 'may your family never have a reason to buy this coffin this year' Type amen to claim it and escape disaster....scroll down and you will be amazed at the number of people typing Amen....
then again,it's no secret that common sense ain't that common

Lol that's so common on facebook, type amen for this or that or this will be your portion, and then you see "so called christians" who do not understand how God works typing amen obviously because of fear even when the story may seem false, some christians are just a disgrace to christendom.

1 Like

Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by EatmyShorts: 2:05am On Aug 18, 2013
God is good.
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 7:47am On Aug 18, 2013
EatmyShorts: God is good.
All the time
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 18, 2013
I don't use bb
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 8:13am On Aug 18, 2013
Yungwizzzy: I don't use bb

If you did take time to read the post, you will find out i said "e-messages or social network" and not just bb.

C'mon don't be a typical african, take your time to read, it helps.

1 Like

Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 12:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 9:08am On Aug 19, 2013
superior1: I simply delete them without a second thought

Lol, that's what i do too
Re: DID YOU EVER COME ACROSS THIS MESSAGE "Send This if not" ??? by haibe(m): 2:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
superior1: I simply delete them without a second thought
Lol, that's what i do too

(1) (Reply)

What's The Theme Of Today's Mass/service In Your Church? / Using Condom With Your Spouse: Is It A Sin. / Pastors Prophesy Where Boko Haram Terrorist Abdul Shekau Is Hiding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.