Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA (2774 Views)

Thinking About Shipping Beware Of This Freight Forwarder You've Been Warned / Need Information About Shipping A Car Using Shared Container From Texas To Naija / How Do I Go About Shipping And Clearing A Car From Dubai.(uae) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hello fellow Nairalanders, I please want to know how long it takes to ship a car from the USA?
I sent $14,000 to my relative in NJ since 2 months ago to buy me a Camry including shipment, the car was bought from a car owner in another state and the pics sent to me, and I was told the ship was supposed to sail since 29th of last month but till today the ship is yet to leave America?

Few years back I bought a car from the same America through another source and the car was bought/shipped to Lagos within 4 weeks, does it mean things have changed recently? My aunt has a very good job in America so I don't suspect foul play but I am finding it hard to understand why its so hard for the damn ship to leave America?

I have asked my Aunt why the delay she says these days before a ship leaves the USA there will be a lot of checks on the ship? Are they checking bombs or what? I really don't understand her explanations that is why I have come here to seek advise and I believe there are lots of car dealers here that will give me sound advise.

The shipping company is Grimaldi bc everyone keeps saying they are the best. I used them once via RORO and I like their service. Please house, I would like to know if this delay is normal before I loose my temper.

NEXT TIME I WILL NEVER EVER BUY CAR FROM OUTSIDE NIGERIA, THESE STUPID DELAYS ARE NOT WORTH IT AT ALL. HOW CAN I PAY FOR A CAR AND WAIT MONTHS B4 I RECEIVE IT? I PREFER TO WALK INTO A CAR SHOP, LOOK AT THE CAR, PAY AND DRIVE IT HOME WITHIN FEW HOURS.
WHAT EVEN PROMPTED ME TO BUY FROM USA WAS BC I TRIED BUYING FROM MANY CAR SHOPS IN LAGOS, I TRIED 12 VIN NUMBERS OUT OF WHICH 10 WERE EITHER ACCIDENTED OR FLOODED CARS AND MANY OF THEIR MILEAGES WERE ALTERED/REDUCED, MANY OF THE MILEAGE ON CARFAX.COM WEBSITE WAS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT PEOPLE ARE SELLING IN LAGOS. IF I HAD SEEN A CLEAN TITLE RIDE IN LAGOS WITH GOOD PRICE I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS CAR IN LAGOS. INFACT EVEN I AM SPENDING MORE MONEY BUYING FROM USA BC THE CARS I SAW IN LAGOS WAS CHEAPER.

PLS HOUSE, HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SHIP A CAR FROM USA TO NIGERIA THESE DAYS?
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
whizboi19001: Hello fellow Nairalanders, I please want to know how long it takes to ship a car from the USA?
I sent $14,000 to my relative in NJ since 2 months ago to buy me a Camry including shipment, the car was bought from a car owner in another state and the pics sent to me, and I was told the ship was supposed to sail since 29th of last month but till today the ship is yet to leave America?

Few years back I bought a car from the same America through another source and the car was bought/shipped to Lagos within 4 weeks, does it mean things have changed recently? My aunt has a very good job in America so I don't suspect foul play but I am finding it hard to understand why its so hard for the damn ship to leave America?

I have asked my Aunt why the delay she says these days before a ship leaves the USA there will be a lot of checks on the ship? Are they checking bombs or what? I really don't understand her explanations that is why I have come here to seek advise and I believe there are lots of car dealers here that will give me sound advise.

The shipping company is Grimaldi bc everyone keeps saying they are the best. I used them once via RORO and I like their service. Please house, I would like to know if this delay is normal before I loose my temper.

NEXT TIME I WILL NEVER EVER BUY CAR FROM OUTSIDE NIGERIA, THESE STUPID DELAYS ARE NOT WORTH IT AT ALL. HOW CAN I PAY FOR A CAR AND WAIT MONTHS B4 I RECEIVE IT? I PREFER TO WALK INTO A CAR SHOP, LOOK AT THE CAR, PAY AND DRIVE IT HOME WITHIN FEW HOURS.
WHAT EVEN PROMPTED ME TO BUY FROM USA WAS BC I TRIED BUYING FROM MANY CAR SHOPS IN LAGOS, I TRIED 12 VIN NUMBERS OUT OF WHICH 10 WERE EITHER ACCIDENTED OR FLOODED CARS AND MANY OF THEIR MILEAGES WERE ALTERED/REDUCED, MANY OF THE MILEAGE ON CARFAX.COM WEBSITE WAS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT PEOPLE ARE SELLING IN LAGOS. IF I HAD SEEN A CLEAN TITLE RIDE IN LAGOS WITH GOOD PRICE I WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THIS CAR IN LAGOS. INFACT EVEN I AM SPENDING MORE MONEY BUYING FROM USA BC THE CARS I SAW IN LAGOS WAS CHEAPER.

Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by chronique(m): 5:47pm On Aug 17, 2013
Next time you're looking for a clean title car in naija,give us a call. As per your shipping,can't say what went wrong cos usually it should take about maximum of 3 weeks from when it sails if it's coming in from NJ. Since she's someone you trust,you can relax. Maybe it hasn't sailed all these while.
[quote author=whizboi19001][/quote]
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by USAutoBuy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2013
whizboi19001: Hello fellow Nairalanders, I please want to know how long it takes to ship a car from the USA?

I don't know your sister nor do i know you. so all i will be saying will be candid and unbiased. New Jersey happens to be the busiest port in the States. After a vehicle is delivered to the port of New Jersey, it can take about 4 weeks before its ALLOWED to sail.

The moment its delivered, all the documents will be sent to the Customs dept for clearance. They are checking to know that the vehicle was not stolen, rented and its being shipped by the rightful owner.

AS FAR AS NEW JERSEY PORT IS CONCERNED, THAT CAN TAKE ABOUT 4 WEEKS/MORE. After that is done, the vehicle will be assigned for shipment and will arrive in Lagos in about 2 weeks. That makes about 6 weeks in general. Also, factor in the time used in sourcing/locating and buying the ride.

Because New Jersey is the busiest, customs clearance at other ports takes less time. And if they find any problem like improper signature or missing documents, it takes longer while they are correcting the problem.

There is a reason you are ordering the car yourself. You want to be sure of what you are getting. Nobody wants to waits several weeks to get a car they paid for but with the greed and lies of most dealers in Nigeria, you are forced to order yourself.

And you probably save a lot of money doing that too. The landing cost of a clean title car MIGHT be cheaper than what you get accidented ones for in Lagos. ABOUT 80% OF LAGOS VEHICLES ARE ACCIDENTED. Waiting, might be a little unbearable, but worth it in the long run.

Good luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
I think one of the ship sailed few days ago, I mean cscc shanghai. Most ships that sail to Lagos will have to be completely full before they do, none of them runs empty to Lagos, if you were the owner of the ship,i believe you will do the same. They carry at least 4000 cars roro.

The best place to still buy your car is the US, don't regret your decision, since the person is your relative, your car will get to you, and let me tell you, it is not easy for anyone leaving in the US legally to scam you, if he does tell the FBI, they will get him.

Exercise some patience, your car will get to you. Next time tell her to buy her car in NJ or NY, so that she won't face the delimma of towing from another state.

Thanks
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 11:32pm On Aug 17, 2013
chronique: Next time you're looking for a clean title car in naija,give us a call. As per your shipping,can't say what went wrong cos usually it should take about maximum of 3 weeks from when it sails if it's coming in from NJ. Since she's someone you trust,you can relax. Maybe it hasn't sailed all these while.

Thank you chronique, I have noted your company details and would be doing business with you soon.
It was a good friend that introduced this website to me after I had already sent money to USA. I know most 9ja car dealers are dishonest but there are good ones. Last month my friend bought a clean title car from a dealer he met here on Nairaland, it was Camry as well, the details the nairaland seller gave us was exactly the same when we run the VIN check.

Now I have compiled lists of trust worthy car dealers on Nairaland, next few months I plan to buy an SUV and I will just contact you guys and buy from the best offer available. I am not the patient type to wait months for a car to arrive from USA again, i am sure when am ready there will be good ones already on ground.

BTW, how much is a 2011 Ford Explorer and 2006 ML350? I plan to buy an SUV by October or November and these are the 2 cars on my mind. Let me know.
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 11:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
oluwa12002: I think one of the ship sailed few days ago, I mean cscc shanghai. Most ships that sail to Lagos will have to be completely full before they do, none of them runs empty to Lagos, if you were the owner of the ship,i believe you will do the same. They carry at least 4000 cars roro.

The best place to still buy your car is the US, don't regret your decision, since the person is your relative, your car will get to you, and let me tell you, it is not easy for anyone leaving in the US legally to scam you, if he does tell the FBI, they will get him.

Exercise some patience, your car will get to you. Next time tell her to buy her car in NJ or NY, so that she won't face the delimma of towing from another state.

Thanks

Thanks for your input sir, the ship is Grimaldi, not cscc shanghai. If I may ask, does cscc shanghai berth in TIN CAN as well? All the clearing agents I contacted told me to avoid ships that berth in Apapa bc its hard to clear cars from Apapa wharf? Do you have any idea why it is so? Have you used cscc shanghai before? Is their services ok?

My aunt lives in NJ and the car was bought from the car owner in NYC. We didn't pay towing fees. Thank you sir and please let me know if you have you cscc shanghai before and what their services is like. I may use them in the future.
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 11:56pm On Aug 17, 2013
US-AutoBuy:

I don't know your sister nor do i know you. so all i will be saying will be candid and unbiased. New Jersey happens to be the busiest port in the States. After a vehicle is delivered to the port of New Jersey, it can take about 4 weeks before its ALLOWED to sail.

The moment its delivered, all the documents will be sent to the Customs dept for clearance. They are checking to know that the vehicle was not stolen, rented and its being shipped by the rightful owner.

AS FAR AS NEW JERSEY PORT IS CONCERNED, THAT CAN TAKE ABOUT 4 WEEKS/MORE. After that is done, the vehicle will be assigned for shipment and will arrive in Lagos in about 2 weeks. That makes about 6 weeks in general. Also, factor in the time used in sourcing/locating and buying the ride.

Because New Jersey is the busiest, customs clearance at other ports takes less time. And if they find any problem like improper signature or missing documents, it takes longer while they are correcting the problem.

There is a reason you are ordering the car yourself. You want to be sure of what you are getting. Nobody wants to waits several weeks to get a car they paid for but with the greed and lies of most dealers in Nigeria, you are forced to order yourself.

And you probably save a lot of money doing that too. The landing cost of a clean title car MIGHT be cheaper than what you get accidented ones for in Lagos. ABOUT 80% OF LAGOS VEHICLES ARE ACCIDENTED. Waiting, might be a little unbearable, but worth it in the long run.

Good luck.

Thanks for the explanation/clarification. The car was bought since June 28th and the car was delivered to the port since July 10 and we were told the ship would sail on 29th July, now today is August 17th and the ship is yet to sail.
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by USAutoBuy(m): 6:32am On Aug 18, 2013
whizboi19001:

Thanks for your input sir, the ship is Grimaldi, not cscc shanghai. If I may ask, does cscc shanghai berth in TIN CAN as well? All the clearing agents I contacted told me to avoid ships that berth in Apapa bc its hard to clear cars from Apapa wharf? Do you have any idea why it is so? Have you used cscc shanghai before? Is their services ok?

My aunt lives in NJ and the car was bought from the car owner in NYC. We didn't pay towing fees. Thank you sir and please let me know if you have you cscc shanghai before and what their services is like. I may use them in the future.

whizboi19001:

Thanks for the explanation/clarification. The car was bought since June 28th and the car was delivered to the port since July 10 and we were told the ship would sail on 29th July, now today is August 17th and the ship is yet to sail.

Grimaldi is just a company. CSCC shanghai is one of the name of the ship that they have (among other ones). Does not really matter where they berth. Its a little more trouble clearing in Apapa but that is not something you can control. And any agent that's telling you something else is either lazy or trying to scare you. Nothing to worry. As long as you get out your car.

If i remember correctly, the ship actually docks and offloads at Apapa and they transport the cars to Tin Can. However, not all vehicles are/can be transported. Not enough space at Tin can. So you clear where your car is. Don't worry your head. Getting your car intact is your only concern.

So the delivery is still on tally with the 4 weeks timeframe it takes to clear customs at New Jersey. And its possible that there was a problem with the documentation. I HAVE HAD A VEHICLE AT A PORT FOR ABOUT 3 MONTHS COS OF DOCUMENTATION ISSUE. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Also, newer vehicles are more scrutinized than older ones. You will get your car. Just relax and you will be fine.

Good luck
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 18, 2013
CSCC will berth on 26th of august.
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 12:50pm On Aug 18, 2013
Oh God I am just too happy now even thought am yet to see the car. My aunt just called now to confirm d ship sailed few days ago, she will send me the BOL on Monday or Tuesday. Though I didn't ask her the ship name but I believe it will be cscc shanghai, I will confirm when I get d BOL next week.

I thank God I exercised some patient, I for go vent anger for nothing.
Thanks all for coming to my rescue. This site is very useful i swear...
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
thats nice,i have a car to clear on that vessel also.
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 12:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
justjeff: thats nice,i have a car to clear on that vessel also.

Bros, I need your input since you have a car on the CSI Shanghai.
As you know the ship berthed last week but I am yet to get my car. The agent claims they are waiting for the cars to be transported to Mile 2 before they can clear it. He already paid duty etc.

Now I am confused, I want to know if its normal for a barge to bring cars to Mile 2 from Tin Can before clearing? Is this normal? My car was shipped RORO via Grimaldi company, and is it not supposed to be cleared in Tin Can? Since your car is in this same vessel, are you facing the same problem? Have you got your car yet?

Yesterday I nearly quarreled with my agent but I had to mellow down a bit. I am angry with him because before I paid him he promised to deliver within maximum of 2 or 3 days once i paid him. Infact I am working with this agent for the first time. I have agents I work with but my aunt who bought this car did all documents in this agents name so I decided to work with him even-though his charges were far higher than all the quotes I got through my own sources. I am not too worried about the charge for now. Its over 7 days since I paid him and he is yet to clear my car. Yesterday he was saying there is problem that customs are already counting 3 days for dummurrage, though he didn't tell me to pay dummurage but I suspect he is going to tell me to pay some dummarrage fees later.

The story is that the delays is caused by Grimaldi company, because Grimaldi is supposed to bring the cars to Mile 2 to enable them clear it. So if the shipping company causes delays like this how and why must the car owners be mandated to pay for dummurrage? I thought dummurage will only come in when I refuse to clear my car within a stipulated time?

Please house I need suggestions and advise so I will know how to confront my agent today.
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by USAutoBuy(m): 3:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Oga,

your car is here. it will come down. Calm down. Have a coke and a smile.

if you want to know the intricacies of the port, i suggest you go and work there.

Your vehicle will be out undecided
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 3:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
US-AutoBuy:
Oga,

your car is here. it will come down. Calm down. Have a coke and a smile.

if you want to know the intricacies of the port, i suggest you go and work there.

Your vehicle will be out undecided

Oga,
You are always on time, I so much appreciate.
I just wanted to know what or how I will confront the agent incase he comes with another bill about dummurage. Because even-though he has yet told me to bring money for dummurage but yesterday he said Oga we are in a mess here these people are already calling 3 days demmurage? I didnt answer him, I just ignored that comment of his because its not funny.

So in the even he says there's a demmurage should I comply and pay? Because same day ship arrived I paid him and the delays for dummrage is not my fault. Let me know sir... Thank you very mucu
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 11:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 10:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by USAutoBuy(m): 2:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
With all due respect, even though i have never met you, i have a nagging feeling that you will be a very tough customer to satisfy. YOU ARE THE TYPE OF CUSTOMER I PRAY TO GOD NEVER TO HAVE.

Trying to figure out why you are so impatient? Why don't you let the agent bring the car 1st and ask you for demurrage and you know what to tell him undecided

1st you were worried that your sister might have embezzled your money. That did not happen. Now its the agent? What next tomorrow?

The shipped docked on last Friday evening. They start counting 3 day from then. That means that demurrage begins after Monday. Since there is no weekend work, its almost certain that 90% of vehicles on that vessel will incur demurage.

Your agent has not told you that he will force you to pay this money nor he has stopped the job cos of it. You are here trying to know what to tell him or confront him with?

I judge people by how they behave about money. I am telling you now that you are ranked way below on my list from the very things i would like to come into my life nor interact with.

At least in my own judgement. Though subjective but at least you know.

Once again, WAIT!!!. Patience is a virtue.

1 Like

Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 1:25am On Sep 09, 2013
US-AutoBuy:
With all due respect, even though i have never met you, i have a nagging feeling that you will be a very tough customer to satisfy. YOU ARE THE TYPE OF CUSTOMER I PRAY TO GOD NEVER TO HAVE.

Trying to figure out why you are so impatient? Why don't you let the agent bring the car 1st and ask you for demurrage and you know what to tell him undecided

1st you were worried that your sister might have embezzled your money. That did not happen. Now its the agent? What next tomorrow?

The shipped docked on last Friday evening. They start counting 3 day from then. That means that demurrage begins after Monday. Since there is no weekend work, its almost certain that 90% of vehicles on that vessel will incur demurage.

Your agent has not told you that he will force you to pay this money nor he has stopped the job cos of it. You are here trying to know what to tell him or confront him with?

I judge people by how they behave about money. I am telling you now that you are ranked way below on my list from the very things i would like to come into my life nor interact with.

At least in my own judgement. Though subjective but at least you know.

Once again, WAIT!!!. Patience is a virtue.

I believe that you are taking this too far. If you didn't like my questions you should just ignore it instead of judging me. You have never met me before and its rather stupid of you to conclude you wouldn't want to ever meet me in person or do business with me? Who are you and what made you think I am interested to meet you or do business with you? My questions about this dummurage issue was directed at justjeff because he said he has a car on that vessel. TELLING ME TO WAIT TILL MY AGENT TELLS ME TO PAY DUMMURAGE BEFORE I WILL SEEK ADVISE SHOWS THE KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE. I NEVER SAID I WONT PAY, I WANTED TO BE SURE I AM NOT BEING RIPPED OFF. BESIDES, ITS MY MONEY AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SPEND IT WISELY. MOST AGENTS ARE CROOKS AND THATS THE PLAIN TRUTH. MANY OF THEM WILL TRY TO CUT CORNERS AND WHEN THE JOB HOOK THEM THEY START DEMANDING MONEY FROM CAR OWNER UNDER FALSE PRETENSE.

This is a forum where anyone has every right to ask questions. I opened this thread because I paid for a car and for 2 months the car was not shipped, I never said my aunty embezzled my money. Shes a multimillionaire and her house in NJ is worth over 800k USD. I never said anywhere that she stole my money. I opened this thread bc I didn't understand the explanations. And I mentioned I have imported cars into Nigeria from USA and I got the cars within 2 weeks, so that is why I couldn't understand why this particular car took so long. I know people come to Nairaland to ask questions and they usually get good answers that was why I came here. I didn't come here for you to judge me.

Another point is that I paid a clearing agent who claim once I paid him he will clear the car within 2 or 3 days. Now for over 1 week its from one story to another. So if you pay someone who promised to deliver within a time frame and the time elapsed you wouldn't ask questions abi? Holier than thou set of peeps like you are the worst set of human being.

Anyway I got my car yesterday but the agent is a thief. Many things were stolen from the car. The original rug/carpet from Toyota was stolen, the Original Toyota tool box was stolen as well which means there's no single spanner, jack or any tool left in the car. The car original Toyota premium sound system was stolen. The car battery was stolen. I met 2 people that cleared their cars from that same Mile 2 and nothing was stolen from their cars. I suspect the agent though he denied.

Finally, I have received my car and I appreciate all the info I got on this site. Now I plan to buy an SUV next month and from the info I got here so far I know how to handle it. I Will never ship any car from NJ again bc of the delays there.
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by USAutoBuy(m): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2013
whizboi19001:

I believe that you are taking this too far. If you didn't like my questions you should just ignore it instead of judging me. You have never met me before and its rather stupid of you to conclude you wouldn't want to ever meet me in person or do business with me? Who are you and what made you think I am interested to meet you or do business with you? My questions about this dummurage issue was directed at justjeff because he said he has a car on that vessel. TELLING ME TO WAIT TILL MY AGENT TELLS ME TO PAY DUMMURAGE BEFORE I WILL SEEK ADVISE SHOWS THE KIND OF PERSON YOU ARE. I NEVER SAID I WONT PAY, I WANTED TO BE SURE I AM NOT BEING RIPPED OFF. BESIDES, ITS MY MONEY AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO SPEND IT WISELY. MOST AGENTS ARE CROOKS AND THATS THE PLAIN TRUTH. MANY OF THEM WILL TRY TO CUT CORNERS AND WHEN THE JOB HOOK THEM THEY START DEMANDING MONEY FROM CAR OWNER UNDER FALSE PRETENSE.

This is a forum where anyone has every right to ask questions. I opened this thread because I paid for a car and for 2 months the car was not shipped, I never said my aunty embezzled my money. Shes a multimillionaire and her house in NJ is worth over 800k USD. I never said anywhere that she stole my money. I opened this thread bc I didn't understand the explanations. And I mentioned I have imported cars into Nigeria from USA and I got the cars within 2 weeks, so that is why I couldn't understand why this particular car took so long. I know people come to Nairaland to ask questions and they usually get good answers that was why I came here. I didn't come here for you to judge me.

Another point is that I paid a clearing agent who claim once I paid him he will clear the car within 2 or 3 days. Now for over 1 week its from one story to another. So if you pay someone who promised to deliver within a time frame and the time elapsed you wouldn't ask questions abi? Holier than thou set of peeps like you are the worst set of human being.

Anyway I got my car yesterday but the agent is a thief. Many things were stolen from the car. The original rug/carpet from Toyota was stolen, the Original Toyota tool box was stolen as well which means there's no single spanner, jack or any tool left in the car. The car original Toyota premium sound system was stolen. The car battery was stolen. I met 2 people that cleared their cars from that same Mile 2 and nothing was stolen from their cars. I suspect the agent though he denied.

Finally, I have received my car and I appreciate all the info I got on this site. Now I plan to buy an SUV next month and from the info I got here so far I know how to handle it. I Will never ship any car from NJ again bc of the delays there.

Hi,

My apology if you are offended but i wont hesitate to call it like i see it.

As for your car, SOMETIMES some agent can be very dishonest and sometimes its not them. Its possible that the carpet, wheel spanner are stolen at the port. There are lots of thing that get stolen everyday. I have shipped a car for someone and the key was stolen. It was a 2007 Accord. They can reprogram the remote for another car.

I have had the 2 front window switch on a 2005 Highlander stolen before. And i was involved with clearing the car. I KNOW the person that cleared it very well. He took the pics of the car immediately it came out of the gate. still at the port.

On this same ship, another client lost all the carpets of his 2002 Infiniti QX4. Including the carpet at the back cargo area!

With that said, i have not had a case of a lost battery! You need to ask him how the vehicle was driven out of the port? undecided

I know cases of agent that will change tires on a tokunbo car before delivery to the owner. Same as the extra tires.

Also, i have not have a case of lost stereo (i have had stereo faceplate - detachable ones stolen but not original factory stereo).

Next time, its not mandatory that you use the person that has his name on the bill of laden.

You are much wiser now than before on this issue. You know what to do next time.

Adexfem is a very good agent. He is on this forum and i have used him several times before with no problem. You can give him a call next go round.

Once again, my intention is not to offend. Just being straightforward.
Re: I Need Urgent Answer About Shipping Car From USA by whizboi19001: 10:43am On Sep 10, 2013
US-AutoBuy:

Hi,

My apology if you are offended but i wont hesitate to call it like i see it.

As for your car, SOMETIMES some agent can be very dishonest and sometimes its not them. Its possible that the carpet, wheel spanner are stolen at the port. There are lots of thing that get stolen everyday. I have shipped a car for someone and the key was stolen. It was a 2007 Accord. They can reprogram the remote for another car.

I have had the 2 front window switch on a 2005 Highlander stolen before. And i was involved with clearing the car. I KNOW the person that cleared it very well. He took the pics of the car immediately it came out of the gate. still at the port.

On this same ship, another client lost all the carpets of his 2002 Infiniti QX4. Including the carpet at the back cargo area!

With that said, i have not had a case of a lost battery! You need to ask him how the vehicle was driven out of the port? undecided

I know cases of agent that will change tires on a tokunbo car before delivery to the owner. Same as the extra tires.

Also, i have not have a case of lost stereo (i have had stereo faceplate - detachable ones stolen but not original factory stereo).

Next time, its not mandatory that you use the person that has his name on the bill of laden.

You are much wiser now than before on this issue. You know what to do next time.

Adexfem is a very good agent. He is on this forum and i have used him several times before with no problem. You can give him a call next go round.

Once again, my intention is not to offend. Just being straightforward.

Thanks a lot Bro I understood you very clearly.
I have gained alot since I came here and I have made a lot of good contacts here. I am even considering buying from one of the genuine car dealers I met here on Nairaland. The only reason I even consider buying cars from USA is to make sure am buying clean car with non accidented and non flooded history. But now that I know some Nairalanders that sell clean cars I may consider buying from them.

I like to walk into a car shop, inspect the cars physically b4 running a VIN check, then once am ok with the price I pay and drive the car home- Very simple.

I appreciated all the info that I have got so far. Now that I have got the car I want to know what I must do to make this car last? Bros do you think I should create another thread for this purpose? Its a Toyota Camry SE V6 Engine?

My first car was a BMW and back then whenever i am driving and i see someone driving same car I usually stop them and ask them who is your mechanic, what type of engine oil you use etc etc. But now with the help of information technology I believe I can get all the info I want online. I would like to hear directly from people that have used this car. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Tokunbo Toyota Avalon Xls 2004@1.45M / Used 2000 Toyota Camry N750K O.B.O / Toks 2005 ND 2004 Model Toyota Sienna Fabric Interior For Sale......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.