Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola (1290 Views)

Former Lagos Governor Fashola In Mecca (Photo) / BREAKINGNEWS: Buhari On Sick Bed In LONDON / My Dad Wept When Buhari Made Him His Running Mate - Tunde Bakare’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State says the only time he ever saw his late father, Pa Ademola Fashola, weep was on his sick bed two months ago.
Fashola, in his tribute to his father published in the programme booklet of the 8th Day Fidau (Muslim prayers) for his father at the Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS, Lagos, southwest Nigeria on Tuesday, said he had never seen his father cry all his life except that day on his sick bed.
"In my whole life, I saw him weep only once. The date was 14 June, 2013 on his sick bed; and even then, the tears were tears of joy. In a fleeting moment when many people in his hospital room were not attentive, he broke our tradition of communication and whispered to me."

He said: 'Even though you are my own, I am happy that you have done well.' This is the only time he ever expressed vocally even though his eyes always said it for him. My own eyes filled with tears; tears of joy for him, that after all the tribulation, he felt fulfilled," Fashola said.
Fashola added that his father travelled to every continent on the planet and that he loved the cinema and the movies with a passion, saying that he never remembered any subject his father did not have some knowledge about.
Meanwhile, former Head of State, Major General Muhammadul Buhari (retd), Speaker of the House of Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal and ten governors were among the myriad of dignitaries that graced the 8th Day Fidau for Pa Fashola.
Thousands of Lagosians had thronged the Tafawa Balewa Square, TBS, venue of the prayers to honour Pa Fashola, who died on 5 August, 2013 at the age of 80.
Most of the guests were decked in red and yellow head gears and caps while security was beefed up at the venue because of the dignitaries present at the occasion.
Members of the diplomatic corps, members of the national and state assembly, members of the Lagos State Executive Council and several others also graced the occasion.
The Fidau was led by an Islamic Cleric, Alhaji Muheedeen Bello, who offered prayers for the repose of the soul of the deceased as well as for members of the Fashola family.
Chief Missioner, Ansar-Ud-Deen Society of Nigeria, Sheik AbdulRahman Ahmad said the death of Pa Fashola was a lesson that death remains an inevitable end that everyone must face, while urging political leaders to live an examplary life and shun all forms of corruption.
He said those who try to amass wealth for themselves would give account to God on the day of judgment.
"Often times, we forget about death and think of how to acquire properties. How foolish and unmindful have human beings become to remember the futility of life because death will come whether you are ready or not.
"There will be no SSS and dispatch rider, all the paraphernalia of office will be lost and you will be caught up in a serious traffic. Every leader will be brought in chains on the day of judgment. It is not the number of years we live that matter but how well we live; we should always live according to Allah's wishes and impact positively on the lives others while alive," he said.
Juju music maestro, King Sunny Ade thrilled the crowd at the TBS with his scintillating performance as guests waltz happily to the rhythm of his music.

http://m.naij.com/news/43629.html
Re: My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2013
Chief Missioner, Ansar-Ud-Deen Society of Nigeria, Sheik AbdulRahman Ahmad said the death of Pa Fashola was a lesson that death remains an inevitable end that everyone must face, while urging political leaders to live an examplary life and shun all forms of corruption.
He said those who try to amass wealth for themselves would give account to God on the day of judgment.
"Often times, we forget about death and think of how to acquire properties. How foolish and unmindful have human beings become to remember the futility of life because death will come whether you are ready or not.
"There will be no SSS and dispatch rider, all the paraphernalia of office will be lost and you will be caught up in a serious traffic. Every leader will be brought in chains on the day of judgment. It is not the number of years we live that matter but how well we live; we should always live according to Allah's wishes and impact positively on the lives others while alive,"

This was what got me fascinated. How i wish our Leaders could think like this.
Re: My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by naffysa(f): 9:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
Alhamdulilahi He died as a Muslim and also during the month of Ramandan. May Allah forgive his shortcomings and grant
him Aljanat Fridaus, amin
Re: My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by ShobayoEmma(m): 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
he wept when he was born also. may his soul find eternal peace.
Re: My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by teskyg: 10:45pm On Aug 17, 2013
Ok.
Re: My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by Starlett: 2:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
What exactly does the Muslim missionsr mean by every leader being brought up in chains of judgement? The Bible promises something far better for those who die in Christ Jesus, be they leaders or not. smiley
Re: My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by Garrithe1st: 3:01pm On Aug 18, 2013
melojames:
"In my whole life, I saw him weep only once. The date was 14 June, 2013 on his sick bed; and even then, the tears were tears of joy. In a fleeting moment when many people in his hospital room were not attentive, he broke our tradition of communication and whispered to me."

He said: 'Even though you are my own, I am happy that you have done well.' This is the only time he ever expressed vocally even though his eyes always said it for him. My own eyes filled with tears; tears of joy for him, that after all the tribulation, he felt fulfilled," Fashola said.

Having Africa's best Administrator/Governor as son is more than enough reason to shed tears of joy...

RIP Baba Fashola...

cool
Re: My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 19, 2013
Shobayo Emma: he wept when he was born also. may his soul find eternal peace.

Amen
Re: My Dad Wept On Sick Bed - Governor Fashola by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 26, 2013
This life

(1) (Reply)

PDP's Branch In The United States! / All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) Ahead Of Others (anambra Election) / US In Cold War With Nigeria •nigeria Buys Attack Helicopters From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.