Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,516 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? (23209 Views)

See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Church With Wealthy Single Ladies In Lagos? / The Bible Justified It That A Women Can Go To Church With Her Hair Uncovered! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by 9icetoo(m): 7:31am On Aug 19, 2013
OAM4J is Gay: who said you could use a paper one to do that?
Wait till ur pastor hits you on the head with a tablet during deliverance. grin grin grin grin
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by numen(m): 7:31am On Aug 19, 2013
The simple truth is that the word of God, is the word of God. Be it in paper or electronic form. But the BIGGER truth is that the paper Bible has no distraction while our electronics devides/tablets(like the one am using to post now) has unlimited distractions.

You might argue that you'll resist the urge to view those notifications or other things, but why give temptation that opportunity in the first place?

I am not claiming to be a Saint, but I believe the word of God that resides in the paper bible is more efficacious than the one residing alongside, immoral pics, videos, txt, games, web links etc. Just like the word of God in our heads is more efficacious than the paper one.

So good ppl, memorize the bible, and if you can't, carry a paper bible. For me, electronic bible is a matter of convenience...if I want to study, its paper bible all the way.

3 Likes

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by TCUBE(m): 7:36am On Aug 19, 2013
Why would anyone opposite the use of bible applications instead of the paper bad version? It is 2013 ladies and gentleman. Perhaps we all need to start using Bible Scrolls like they did in the days of moses.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Sike(m): 9:08am On Aug 19, 2013
No!
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by samuelajang: 9:16am On Aug 19, 2013
i wonderto some peoples, if they engage with the rules of there darkness society.they would beging to change from good axample of christ. Let check how prophets,jesus christ, and others Apostle of God were performed healing peoples. Its is by tablet or the words of God, which is Bible.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by MaraGod: 10:10am On Aug 19, 2013
numen: The simple truth is that the word of God, is the word of God. Be it in paper or electronic form. But the BIGGER truth is that the paper Bible has no distraction while our electronics devides/tablets(like the one am using to post now) has unlimited distractions.

You might argue that you'll resist the urge to view those notifications or other things, but why give temptation that opportunity in the first place?

I am not claiming to be a Saint, but I believe the word of God that resides in the paper bible is more efficacious than the one residing alongside, immoral pics, videos, txt, games, web links etc. Just like the word of God in our heads is more efficacious than the paper one.

So good ppl, memorize the bible, and if you can't, carry a paper bible. For me, electronic bible is a matter of convenience...if I want to study, its paper bible all the way.

you said it all, i have seen a lot of people that come to church with tablets and electronic devices, once they sit down, the next thing they do is facebook and pictures,

1 Like

Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Kaysysam: 10:10am On Aug 19, 2013
There is a big difference in going to church with a physical bible to a tablet. And the difference is that there are possibilities of distracting others around you if you go to church with a tablet which God would not approve of.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Anuoluwap(m): 10:23am On Aug 19, 2013
Nigerians are even confused. Tablet? Lord have mercy. Illuminati taken over the world. Infact i don't argue much lemme jst unfollow. I pray the devil will fall on this. Bye.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Judas2013: 10:55am On Aug 19, 2013
Sunglow: .Hmmm...it is only a fool dat says there is no God.

According to ur bible Matthew 5:22.
Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

You need to understand that your bible is two faced and any quote you make is not credible. I still stand on the fact that there is no God.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Allhail(f): 11:33am On Aug 19, 2013
My dia, its a big, total n real distraction 2 d members n even urself. 4get dat so called technology coverage u ran in2.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Deleabiodun: 12:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Bro, are you talking of the same tablet that has over 200 bluefilms??

Well, the devil is not scared of your phone or table or laptop but the physical Bible is fire to his eyes.

Though, no matter where you read your Bible from if you don't work according to it's instructions its useless!!

Tell them!
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Infoay: 12:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
MY PEOPLE, WHY IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO EMPHASIZE THAT ALMIGHTY GOD SEES THE HEART OF MEN AND KNOWS ITS CONTENT, IT IS ALSO PREFERABLE TO TAKE THE BIBLE TO CHURCH INSTEAD OF A TABLET FOR SO MANY REASONS WHICH THOUGH MAY NOT BE SIN BUT HINDRANCES TO THE FAITH OF OTHERS SINCE EVERY ONE IN THE CHURCH IS AT DIFFERENT LEVEL OF MATURITY WHEN IT COMES TO SPIRITUAL MATTERS. THERE IS MORE THAT MEETS THE EYES ON THIS ISSUE. THE REVELATION AT YOUR DISPOSAL ALSO HAVE A ROLE TO PLAY IN ALL THESE. THANKS!
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
My Pastor's wife (Pastor Mrs Folasade Olukoya of MFM Ministrties) once said this...

"There is power in flipping through the pages of the bible itself... not touching the tablet"
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2013
Judas2013:

According to ur bible Matthew 5:22.
Whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

You need to understand that your bible is two faced and any quote you make is not credible. I still stand on the fact that there is no God.

Just as your name proves, you are the bad egg in reading the bible... The bible says whosoever shall say... that is in the future... and the other one... a fool says in his heart... that one has been concluded... the fool so to say just have to walk into it...

Shikena
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by donkefe(m): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
bigx: I use my tablet always, almost 3 years now, faster, more bible versions, can make voice recordings, Nothing wrong there,
We move with the times else we would be taking scrolls or stone tablets (10 commandments type) to church till now
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by SlamDunk(m): 2:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Osahon7: too much nollywood i guess!! Hav a witch attacked u b4 dat u use a ''physical bible'' to block it?? Consider a person dat have a BIG ''physical'' bible dat dont read it and his/her heart is filled wit unrighteousness and somebodi dat has a ''tablet bible'' who reads and mediates on the word, who do u tink is the christian??

Lol, I still don't understand why people think the evil one is afraid of the bible, incase u don't know, to dem the bible is just an ordinary book until its wielded properly.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by yellowman2225(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Judas2013:

Either way you are still a slave. Cant you spend the day with your family or do something positive.
unbeliever, you are not needed here. Is going to church not a possitive thing?
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by mkoabiola: 3:56pm On Aug 19, 2013
See wat useless oyibo technology has led men to.
God de laf.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by ekazulu: 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
OAM4J is Gay: It's better you go with a slate like in the days of Moses.

LWKM !!!
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by erico2k2(m): 6:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kaysysam: There is a big difference in going to church with a physical bible to a tablet. And the difference is that there are possibilities of distracting others around you if you go to church with a tablet which God would not approve of.
watch where pastors now. Preach from ie pastor chris
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by LordReed(m): 7:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
numen: The simple truth is that the word of God, is the word of God. Be it in paper or electronic form. But the BIGGER truth is that the paper Bible has no distraction while our electronics devides/tablets(like the one am using to post now) has unlimited distractions.

The word of God in your head that resides with all the other rubbish you absorb right?

Stop being over religious.
Ecclesiastes 7:16
New International Version
Do not be overrighteous, neither be overwise-- why destroy yourself?
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Vires: 9:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
OAM4J is Gay: It's better you go with a slate like in the days of Moses.

Exactly!!!!!!

Best post
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Vires: 9:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
Reference: Na. Moses received God's Word on a tablet.... laser engraved onto the very, very hard drive.

followed by this
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Stevosty: 11:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
It depends on the kind of church you attend, if you attend the "if you are not there yet say wait for me" kind, it is advisable you used the paper bible for sake of the other man who may fall, if you attend the kind the pastors quote the bible off hand then you need the electronic type otherwise you might be lost. But I personal prefer the electronic type because it is easy and fast, you can have all versions of the bible and it encourages bible study with it's variety of features.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by kimco(m): 12:07am On Aug 20, 2013
9icetoo:
Wait till ur pastor hits you on the head with a tablet during deliverance. grin grin grin grin
Lmao... And why would the opposite be true? does it help demons scatter faster when ur head is struck with a bible? Oh christians, what is wrong with us.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by kimco(m): 12:17am On Aug 20, 2013
ledafaze: My Pastor's wife (Pastor Mrs Folasade Olukoya of MFM Ministrties) once said this...

"There is power in flipping through the pages of the bible itself... not touching the tablet"
That is the crap we christian spew these days to justify God-knows-what. This is utter bull really. Why do we have to drammatize everything about us. Just like the other obvious lies people call testimonies to make God look good, which usually backfires and makes him look bad instead. John milton in his poem, ''on his blindness'' stated that whether we believe him or not, whether we worship him or not, God is God. God himself says that if we do not worship him, he'll raise the stones etc to do so......''for whether we worship him or not, God is God''.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by LordReed(m): 1:56am On Aug 20, 2013
kimco:
That is the crap we christian spew these days to justify God-knows-what. This is utter bull really. Why do we have to drammatize everything about us. Just like the other obvious lies people call testimonies to make God look good, which usually backfires and makes him look bad instead. John milton in his poem, ''on his blindness'' stated that whether we believe him or not, whether we worship him or not, God is God. God himself says that if we do not worship him, he'll raise the stones etc to do so......''for whether we worship him or not, God is God''.

Abeg tell them! Giving God's glory to an inanimate object.

How dare anybody say God's power only resides in pages of paper?! Have you become so religious you have turned godless? You are going in the error of Eli's sons, thinking the Ark is a talisman/magic charm. The bible is not a talisman o!
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by vanhelsing(m): 8:05am On Aug 20, 2013
i read some replies and laugh..it is for this singular reason that the black race is on the lowest rung of civilization..lucky the white man has a better mindset else we'd still be striking stones to make fire.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 20, 2013
ajasa4link: no matter the version of Bible in ur iPad,u can never use it to cast out the devil
because most those devices ar produced by d devil, so u cnt cast him out using his device.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2013
i dont think there's any problem wit that. This is d new technology age. Infact, have u heard? The human brain has been hacked. I just got d page to read this. It's amazing! U can read about it at http://www.adigunsherif..com/2013/08/the-human-brain-hacked.html?m=1
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by ceejayluv(m): 9:18am On Aug 20, 2013
Bleble-swag:

because most those devices ar produced by d devil, so u cnt cast him out using his device.
Serious?? Your God didn't give humans the brain for tech advancement? it was the devil that produced the printing press used for mass printing of the paper Bible, right? Cos those days it was a marvellous invention. You're lucky we're not debating this face-to-face. I'd have whitewashed you so bad, you'll change your antediluvian mindset.
Re: Going To Church With Tablet Instead Of A Bible - Any Difference? by classicEntity(m): 9:32am On Aug 20, 2013
the Tablet is not Holy like the Bible and moreover cannot cast out demons from your presence..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

There's More Than One Jesus In Bible According To Bible / How I Ended Up As A Mathematics Professor - Pastor Enoch Adeboye / Who Is A Lawful Captive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.