Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:09 AM

All About C-band Lnb Installation - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About C-band Lnb Installation (36197 Views)

Multi - Lnbf(2 In 1 Lnb) / 3 On 1 Lnb On 90cm / C Band Lnb Skew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 12:46pm On Aug 22, 2013
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by naijaobi(m): 6:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
OLENYI WELL DONE SIR.. I neva knew this thread existed..
Please like i told you in the generak thread.. My irib signal on arabsat@20 degrees is always red once its 12pm while others like aljezeera news etc remain green at 71%..
Please can u guide me on how my LNB should face and please tell me how to loose d lnb to be able to skew it..
Tanx.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 9:08pm On Aug 23, 2013
naijaobi: OLENYI WELL DONE SIR.. I neva knew this thread existed..
Please like i told you in the generak thread.. My irib signal on arabsat@20 degrees is always red once its 12pm while others like aljezeera news etc remain green at 71%..
Please can u guide me on how my LNB should face and please tell me how to loose d lnb to be able to skew it..
Tanx.

Considering that the irib freq is just about the only freq transmitting on MPEG4/DVB-2 8psk, am thinking it could be the reason its behaving as it is doing.

Now around the time when u loose the signal, get on top of a platform and use a screw driver to loosen the single size 10 bolt holding the lnb by its side. Try twisting/rotating the lnb first a little clockwise, then a little anti-clockwise. Lets see if this would solve the problem.

Also make sure u are using the latest software version.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by naijaobi(m): 11:13pm On Aug 23, 2013
olenyi:

Considering that the irib freq is just about the only freq transmitting on MPEG4/DVB-2 8psk, am thinking it could be the reason its behaving as it is doing.

Now around the time when u loose the signal, get on top of a platform and use a screw driver to loosen the single size 10 bolt holding the lnb by its side. Try twisting/rotating the lnb first a little clockwise, then a little anti-clockwise. Lets see if this would solve the problem.

Also make sure u are using the latest software version.

Regards.
okk sir...am using the software i upgraded through ota.. I'll do exactly as u said , i'll see hw i'll unscrew the lnb and twist it...i'll report bk to u..
Tanks
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by naijaobi(m): 6:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
helo sir olenyi, u wont believe dat since 12pm av been on top ladder o.. This irib has refused to pop out.. And the worst is dat the way my dish is mounted i cnt be twisting d lnb while its pointing at arabsat 20, i have to bring it down to intelsat20 for me to be able to twist it and then move it to arabsat again...bt yet dis IRIB has refused to pop out..the highest it has done is flash green at 37% and den move bk to red again...
please sir wot position do i set the lnb?...and pls do i push it all out or all in?...and i cn see some number calliberations on the lnb too.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by RapidBTSNG: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2013
Huawei 3G SIM router available.

Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Bowofola213: 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
Plz i bought a c-band lnb to track amos 5 but it did nt pop out green but d ku band singnal s k plz any help or hw wil i do d c-band settings
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 5:44am On Sep 06, 2013
Bowofola213: Plz i bought a c-band lnb to track amos 5 but it did nt pop out green but d ku band singnal s k plz any help or hw wil i do d c-band settings

You've got to first of all input your frequency on any C-Band satellite in your receiver. You will know this if it has a ''C'' suffix like intelsat 20c, intelsat 906c. Then retrack. And don't connect through a Diseqc just yet. Connect direct to your receiver.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Bowofola213: 6:53am On Sep 06, 2013
olenyi:

You've got to first of all input your frequency on any C-Band satellite in your receiver. You will know this if it has a ''C'' suffix like intelsat 20c, intelsat 906c. Then retrack. And don't connect through a Diseqc just yet. Connect direct to your receiver.

Regards.
plz sire wat do u mean about if it as a "C"
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 8:06am On Sep 06, 2013
Bowofola213: plz sire wat do u mean about if it as a "C"

olenyi: You will know this if it has a ''C'' suffix like intelsat 20c, intelsat 906c.

Is the above too hard to get. Look at ur satellite lineup on ur receiver under manual scan then come back.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Bowofola213: 10:43am On Sep 06, 2013
olenyi:

Is the above too hard to get. Look at ur satellite lineup on ur receiver under manual scan then come back.

Regards.
yes sir i try doing it but it was dsame but i notice dat d level was high but it d nt pop out green
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Pidzo(m): 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bowofola213: yes sir i try doing it but it was dsame but i notice dat d level was high but it d nt pop out green
are the lnbs seperate or its a dual lnb (both c and ku band)?
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Bowofola213: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
It a seperate i only use c-b
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Pidzo(m): 5:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bowofola213: It a seperate i only use c-b
did you try pushing it in or out or rotating it?
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Bowofola213: 5:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
Pidzo:
did you try pushing it in or out or rotating it?
am pushing it
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Obonogwu: 10:43pm On Oct 04, 2013
olenyi:

Their's a whole lot of them. The problem is if u would be able to get a C-Band lnb holder for 90cm.

Regards.
pls sir list d site dat i will get 1m with C band lnb, because is only irib tv am get here is there any other site.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 11:08am On Oct 05, 2013
Obonogwu: pls sir list d site dat i will get 1m with C band lnb, because is only irib tv am get here is there any other site.

olenyi:

http://www.flysat.com/is20.php

http://www.flysat.com/nss12.php

http://www.flysat.com/arabsat5a.php

http://www.flysat.com/amos5.php

http://www.flysat.com/e5wa.php

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by pofolo(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2013
I plan tracking Arabsat5c on 90cm dish and apart from the dish ,these is what have gat.
I'v got 3 pictures below, the lnb i got i guess doesnt have the dialectic plate.
my questions are, do i need remove the plastic cover?, is dere any need for the dialectic plate, and if yes can i get a make-shift and with what.

or i will be so happy if anyone can post pics here.
THANKS ALL

Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Fred4life(m): 8:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
PLS THE HOUSE AND @ OLENYI AFTA FIXING D CBAND ON MY NET DISH I WAS ABLE TO EAST BT I COULD NT GET MIDDLE AND WEST...PLS HELP ME.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Fred4life(m): 8:42pm On Oct 05, 2013
PLS THE HOUSE AND @ OLENYI AFTA FIXING D CBAND ON MY NET DISH I WAS ABLE TO GET EAST BT I COULD NT GET MIDDLE AND WEST...PLS HELP ME.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 11:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
pofolo: I plan tracking Arabsat5c on 90cm dish and apart from the dish ,these is what have gat.
I'v got 3 pictures below, the lnb i got i guess doesnt have the dialectic plate.
my questions are, do i need remove the plastic cover?, is dere any need for the dialectic plate, and if yes can i get a make-shift and with what.

or i will be so happy if anyone can post pics here.
THANKS ALL

There's no way you can get a new C-Band lnb without the dielectric. If yours don't have one, go back to your dealer and get it. It comes standard with the C-Band. it's not an optional accessory.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 11:52pm On Oct 05, 2013
Fred4life: PLS THE HOUSE AND @ OLENYI AFTA FIXING D CBAND ON MY NET DISH I WAS ABLE TO GET EAST BT I COULD NT GET MIDDLE AND WEST...PLS HELP ME.

Your dish needs to be re-alighned if that's the case. But before that, did you try it on CNN (new frequency not the old one mind you) and CFI/DWTV and you got nothing?

Use a chalk or nail to mark the position of your dish at three different point on the body of the dish neck and the pole. This is so you can easily return it to its former position and also to know how much you should adjust your dish.

Take off the jack. Now loosen the bolts holding the dish to the pole just a little bit. Rotate the dish west and try getting your signal. Just like you use to track signal, go a little left or right. When you hit green, tighten, mark the new position and check the deviation from the former position.

Rotate east again and see if you can still pick your east sat's. If no, then loosen the bolt holding the neck to the pole once more, get your 24/27 spanner and adjust the ''nut'' on the adjust screw protruding horizontally from the dish neck a little in such a way to merge the different east and west points you marked on your pole.

Now try your east and west again to see if you can now get it on the same dish arc.

Keep at this till you get it to get both east and west with one arc swing.

Hit us back with any problems you encounter.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Fred4life(m): 3:17am On Oct 10, 2013
olenyi:

Your dish needs to be re-alighned if that's the case. But before that, did you try it on CNN (new frequency not the old one mind you) and CFI/DWTV and you got nothing?

Use a chalk or nail to mark the position of your dish at three different point on the body of the dish neck and the pole. This is so you can easily return it to its former position and also to know how much you should adjust your dish.

Take off the jack. Now loosen the bolts holding the dish to the pole just a little bit. Rotate the dish west and try getting your signal. Just like you use to track signal, go a little left or right. When you hit green, tighten, mark the new position and check the deviation from the former position.

Rotate east again and see if you can still pick your east sat's. If no, then loosen the bolt holding the neck to the pole once more, get your 24/27 spanner and adjust the ''nut'' on the adjust screw protruding horizontally from the dish neck a little in such a way to merge the different east and west points you marked on your pole.

Now try your east and west again to see if you can now get it on the same dish arc.

Keep at this till you get it to get both east and west with one arc swing.

Hit us back with any problems you encounter.

Regards.

Afta doing all dis i was a to get west bt d middle did nt came up and my KU signal became poor.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 7:24am On Oct 11, 2013
Fred4life:

Afta doing all dis i was a to get west bt d middle did nt came up and my KU signal became poor.

Kindly upload a pix of your setup with emphasis on the lnb's.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by emynem05(m): 12:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
@olenyi good job
Since u said its posible to pick cu signals, I am in the eastern. Part of naija, will it be posible dia too?
Also is it posible to construct a holder for 90cm and wat. Is the spec let mme try and construct it.
Which. Chanels can I receive with it?
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 3:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
emynem05: @olenyi good job
Since u said its posible to pick cu signals, I am in the eastern. Part of naija, will it be posible dia too?
Also is it posible to construct a holder for 90cm and wat. Is the spec let mme try and construct it.
Which. Chanels can I receive with it?

Just the time factor. Had wanted to do it and upload the pix of my setup.

But if you have a 90/100cm dish, look for a long size 10 screw/bolt and replace the follow come own. Use it to hold your c band in place and take it from there.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Obonogwu: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
olenyi:

Just the time factor. Had wanted to do it and upload the pix of my setup.

But if you have a 90/100cm dish, look for a long size 10 screw/bolt and replace the follow come own. Use it to hold your c band in place and take it from there.

Regards.
i have 1m dish which site can i receiving with my c-band lnb
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 11:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
Obonogwu: i have 1m dish which site can i receiving with my c-band lnb

Kindly go through the thread.

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by ainanimi: 10:13am On Oct 18, 2013
Guys Please how do i work with the dielectric plate in my C-Band LNBF.

I don't knw where to put the plate.

Kindly assist.

Thank you
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2013
ainanimi: Guys Please how do i work with the dielectric plate in my C-Band LNBF.

I don't knw where to put the plate.

Kindly assist.

Thank you

Slot it along the groove inside the lnb.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1019116_DSC02781_jpg1093f523fe7bfd6d95acb0fd3f2387b0

Regards.
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by Bowofola213: 10:19am On Dec 05, 2013
Plz guru i nid frequency 2 track amos 5 c-band and irib nd plz is irib above multitv
Re: All About C-band Lnb Installation by olenyi: 11:37am On Dec 05, 2013
Bowofola213: Plz guru i nid frequency 2 track amos 5 c-band and irib nd plz is irib above multitv

http://www.flysat.com/amos5.php

And yes its above multi tv.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Redline Satellite Receivers / Ctl Rocks For Now / 68.5 Degree East Or Pass 7/10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.