Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,549 members, 7,801,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:44 PM

What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? (6750 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / 16 Costly Mistakes Married Women Make / Single Friends Of Married Peeps. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by bigass(f): 7:46pm On Aug 18, 2013
Recently i sought advice for a friend who got a job with a new generation bank on the dept she should choose here on Nairaland
i was with this friend and couple of our elderly family friends then we got talking about women and jobs. looking at her background and societal connections they all advised her against marketing. To them,men pressurize women into doing many wrong things.They said initially, it maybe easy to resist and damn the consequences of losing the job but with time the job will mean the world to her, They believe that at level most women are ready to do anything to keep their job. they opined that at a certain salary/income, a very comfortable lifestyles would have been formed and losing their jobs at this level is seemingly unthinkable. fear of lack. that it is seemingly impossible for a woman who makes 10million with its accompanying lifestyle to give up her job and become a housewife to a husband who probably earn less

personally i disagreed with the notion that if the income is high enough women would use sex to keep the job. what is your take? can it really get the point that a woman would use her body to keep her job?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by jarkbauer: 8:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
i agreed with those elderly friends. high % like 65 even more will do anything!!!!!!!!!!! women love to be independent and not dependent they love life and many would not let this snap outta their faces. the bags the shoes the Owambes all gone because she is preserving a used kitten? afterall the husband wont even know if such things occur

first to comment dancing Obesere!
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by chichi234(f): 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
i will say 100% even the so called christian. my boss was in France last week with a customer she is dating but to everyone she went to attend a "conference". meanwhile she and her husband are "pastors" in one of these churches.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by coogar: 8:12pm On Aug 18, 2013
bigass:
personally i disagreed with the notion that if the income is high enough women would use sex to secure the job. what is your take? can it really get the point that a woman would use her body to keep her job?

you and your friends are very wrong....
there's no such point where after a comfortable lifestyle, women would use sëx to secure jobs. you can only find such at entry level when hunger and poverty are big factors that can influence such evil thoughts.

after a level of comfort has been attained, the woman herself must have become powerful with the know-how to take care of herself. you really expect someone like deziani or iweala-okonjo to use sex to secure jobs?

it's impossible....

3 Likes

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

there's no such point where after a comfortable lifestyle, women would use sëx to secure jobs. you can only find such at entry level when hunger and poverty are big factors that can influence such evil thoughts.

after a level of comfort has been attained, the woman herself must have become powerful with the know-how to take care of herself. you really expect someone like deziani or iweala-okonjo to use sex to secure jobs?

it's impossible....
You would be surprised that there are ladies ready to offer their body to keep their status.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by bigass(f): 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

it's impossible....

not getting jobs, but keep it when performance and competence are becoming questionable and demand is getting high
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by coogar: 8:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
honey86:
You would be surprised that there are ladies ready to offer their body to keep their status.

i doubt it......
at entry level, yes - that's very possible. once the woman gets the job for years, no man would even approach her with such nonsense. she must have already known how the system works. any approach from any randy man = sëxual harassment.

bigass:
not getting jobs, but keep it when performance and competence are becoming questionable.

it's very unlikely....i would say the percentage is 0.1%
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Gboliwe: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
bigass:

not getting jobs, but keep it when performance and competence are becoming questionable and demand is getting high
lol. Then how did she get in in the first place? If competence and performance are now lacking, she has to sustain it the same way she got in. I go with Coogar for the first time on this.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Kanwulia: 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2013
NA NIGERIAN MEN DEY SPOIL NIGERIAN WOMEN. No DEMAND, no SUPPLY! Period!!!! kiss

Only inside NIGERIA!!!! I will have NO CHOICE, sooooooooooo, NO qualms! kiss
Ask BIACARRR OJUKWU HOW SHE TAKE REAAAASH AMBASSADOR TO GHANA AND SPAIN even before the OLD, SENILE AND IMPOTENT D-EE-KEMBA OJUKWU QUENCH!!! lipsrsealed

Or ask NOLLYWOOD AN-us-BANGING directors and SPE/RM-PRODUCERS!!!

If you are a 'MY FELLOW W-I-NDO' . . . . . You don turn BUSHMEAT be dat! cheesy Your dead husbands' BEST FRIENDS must PHOCK those ya already slack EXTRA-MARITAL, PART-TIME ASSSSHAWO pooohsies to console you ALL THE WAY TO THE GRAVESIDES!!!!! CHAI!!! I looooove NAIJA!!!! cheesy

You go see GRUBBY, GROPING fingers inside ya paheint. . . . . MENSTRUATING AND MOURNING . . . NAIJA NKITA/MKPI-MAN NO KIA O! grin

You go dey hear PELE and NDO with NAIJA men hands grabbing both ikebe and breazzssts DURING YOUR DEAD HUSBANDS' services of songs!!!! cheesy

What are you talking? grin Mu he he he he he

Nor donate na! HUNGER GO JUSS KILLY YA!!!!!
Like African woman get choice in the hands of NIGERIAN DOGS!

Ask FFK! lipsrsealed

Make a choice! SELL YA TOTOTO A POLITICIAN OR TOTOTO A PASTOR!!!! OR GO TO EUROPE!!!

Simple!!! kiss

1 Like

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by mysticgal(f): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2013
yes,women use their bodies aa jobs job,ie getting paid to do a job and end up doing another job.undecided,now even a man with no morals,know a respectable woman azin a woman,who composes herself,and stand her grounds against demoralizing jobs.anyway,we still have them out there
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2013
smh...

..and they want to get married.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by coogar: 8:53pm On Aug 18, 2013
Gboliwe:
lol. Then how did she get in in the first place? If competence and performance are now lacking, she has to sustain it the same way she got in. I go with Coogar for the first time on this.

yuddy, how are you? grin cheesy
long time no see.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Gboliwe: 9:07pm On Aug 18, 2013
coogar:

yuddy, how are you? grin cheesy
long time no see.
i know you are celebrating this one I am agreeing with you tongue
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by coogar: 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Gboliwe:
i know you are celebrating this one I am agreeing with you tongue

it calls for celebration, don't you think?
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by slimyem: 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
This makes no sense. Do you know what it means to have a high-paying job in Nigeria?
You must have really worked your way up that high and paid the necessary dues. You also hardly get that high up and get to have your competence questioned and if somehow things go wrong,the experience,knowledge and skills you must have garnered over the years is enough to push you to the next level or make you sufficient enough.
Punny doesn't secure jobs at the level you describe.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by coogar: 11:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
slimyem: This makes no sense. Do you know what it means to have a high-paying job in Nigeria?
You must have really worked your way up that high and paid the necessary dues. You also hardly get that high up and get to have your competence questioned and if somehow things go wrong,the experience,knowledge and skills you must have garnered over the years is enough to push you to the next level or make you sufficient enough.
Punny doesn't secure jobs at the level you describe.

you must be very intelligent.....
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 3:54am On Aug 19, 2013
Using your body to gett anything just means you are lazy...I'm a woman but I'm sorry to say this, most married women do this wwhether high or low.

1 Like

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 19, 2013

2 Likes

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 19, 2013
Sorry, but does it apply to goverment jobs??

Cos this bullsh¡tz can never happen if you're on the right track..
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 19, 2013
It happens everyday. Its even worst at the top.
Its no secret.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 19, 2013
acidosis™:
Sorry, but does it apply to goverment jobs??

Cos this bullsh¡tz can never happen if you're on the right track..
Govt jobs r the worst.
Don't u guys live in Nigeria?
Oh,I forgot. Some of us here r outside naija.
Its no news abeg.

Right track in Nigeria?
I laugh in swahili!
Hahahahaha!!!

Only very few r on the right track and still......
Bro forget jor,
Nigeria?......
Speechless
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Tinkybabe(f): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2013
Funny topic;I don't know the percentage of women that engage in such but something I know for sure is that there are women, highly ranked women who'd do that to keep their job or move further up the ladder

Being disciplined and principled to one's morals is a different ball game and it's not a function of how highly ranked one is.
There are women who would go to any length to keep their job and ones who would let go once their dignity is on the line.
In conclusion, I believe it's a personal thing.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by maclatunji: 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
I would say more than 70% and I am being very very conservative here. It is easier for someone who hasn't tasted luxury to scoff at it but for those who have tasted and gotten accustomed to it, losing it might be perceived as the worst thing in the world. It would really take an extra ordinary woman to resist such temptations. I have personally observed young women whom you could describe as "chaste" become very "free" after a period of time. What changed? They got used to certain luxuries and got desensitized to things they would have found reproachable in the past.

My motto is: don't put a woman in a vulnerable position, she is more than likely to fail/fall. Nothing like trusting a woman 100% with me... I would advise her not trust herself 100% too. tongue
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by meine: 4:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
I don't know where some people get their percentages from on nairaland cos most times its not backed by any researched data. Besides, all of us are human and we can fall if we don't have mechanisms in place to handle temptations.

Whether, its 1%, 10% or 60% the most important factor is the value of the person involved and how important they view their marital vow. Many girls would play all kind of games as singles but after marriage they are so focused on their homes and sometimes you see the former good girls falling anyhow. Also, I would have thought that any one who gets to such high position can start her own business if pressured with sex?

My woman recently asked me, if i would allow her to take a huge paying job with the downside of closing quite late. In fact the job will make her earn more than me, i told her its fine by me. As far as she is fulfilled in her career and our standard of living rises, gone are those days when i will be scared of guys hitting on my wife. AS far as i give her what she needs in our marriage the burden of fidelity lies with her and its not my headache.

4 Likes

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by tpia5: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
I think the question is for those who believe bargaining with their body is an acceptable option.

For those who do not, well, i guess you just have to wait on God.

Personally, i think its simply easier for people to blame their actions on some external factor, eg he/she made me do it, not admitting perhaps you decided to give in to the opportunity.

Yes, sometimes choices are hard but not every situation involves extremes and when one does, its just easier to take the easy way out, not so?

Yes, long grammer and yes i do understand life is not black and white.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
It really depends on the individual, I do agree that it would probably be more likely that an entry level woman would succumb as opposed to one who has already attained a certain level of comfort however I still wouldn't put it past anyone, we're most vulnerable when desperate. I also think a woman's beliefs would play a huge role.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by baby124: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
A lot. Sad but true though i cannot put a percentage to it. If your father, brother, husband or close friend is an executive you know this. Even the holier than thous, just for promotion. My eyes have seen wetin my mouth cannot talk. From a young age i saw this and i honestly do not judge anyone anymore by what they project on the outside. Some people are reallll pretenders. It is pathetic. What goes on in Nigeria, i wonder how God has not struck down the country. Marriage is a joke in naija for many. Same with the men

3 Likes

Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by ladygogo: 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
A high percentage of women in paid employment are into this in Nigeria. You will be surprised the entrepreneurs(event planners and coordinators etc) are not even left out. They do all sorts just to secure that contract. NIGERIA.-Sodom and Gomorrah! grin
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by coogar: 6:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
ibkaye: It really depends on the individual, I do agree that it would probably be more likely that an entry level woman would succumb as opposed to one who has already attained a certain level of comfort however I still wouldn't put it past anyone, we're most vulnerable when desperate. I also think a woman's belief would play a huge role.

why would a woman at that top level suddenly become vulnerable to sëxual harassment? top jobs come with industry experience, technical know-how, money and power.

if the job becomes uncomfortable, a woman already in a managerial position can easily get into another company instead of cheapening herself to some randy hilly-billy.

unless the woman in question is highly salacious herself, there's no way such can happen. when women at the top level cheat on their husbands, it's because they want sex and not because they were bullied into it.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ofcourse it's beyond entry level... Imagine a building contractor without connection and you need the project to up your level...as ridiculous as it sounds it's money for hand oh.

I think it's greed IMO. Maintaining a status in Nigeria is not easy.
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: What % Of Married Women Would Use Their Body To Keep A high Paying Job? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
Go to FCT and see yourselves... Married women frolicking with Senators for projects.smh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Effects Of Transferred Aggression / Family Finance / Incest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.