Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,796 members, 7,802,541 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication (875 Views)

Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / The Bamiloye Celebrate 27 Years Of Marriage With A Throw Back Pix Of The Wife / Calabar Pastor’s Family Lived With Python For 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by nowwhat: 9:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
I come fr strict mennonite upbringing. In my teen yrs i suffered fr severe depression and eating disorder. It was rough and my parents didnt pay much attention as they were caught up in their troubles in their marriage. I was suicidal and was eventually hospitalized. Before i was well i met a man in my vulnerable state and let him use me. I was immediatly kickd out of my church 4 wat they call the death sin of fornication. Now ten yrs later the pain is still intense when i am not even allowed to eat with my own family even if i make the meal. Will this pain ever lessen? Now my young boys are finally noticing they can eat with grampas and not me. Will i always feel like im bleeding inside?
Re: Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by Joagbaje(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2013
It's unscriptural. Every discipline is temporary ,to hasten or humble an erring person. It's not every sin that requires such harsh discipline. It's mostly sin if rebellion that warrant such. And once such person has shown remorse and repentance ,such should be forgiven and restored.

Corinthians 2:6-7
For such a one this censure by the majority [which he has received is] sufficient [punishment].
So [instead of further rebuke, now] you should rather turn and [graciously] forgive and comfort and encourage [him], to keep him from being overwhelmed by excessive sorrow and despair.

2 Likes

Re: Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by NnaNna4(m): 10:02pm On Aug 18, 2013
are u Nigerian? cos dis is strange. pls let us know y u cant eat wit ur family. my 1st advice is u go 4 deliverance from spirit of depression.
Re: Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by israel007: 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
Please where are u from. I doubt if u are nigerian because even as religious as we are, we'd never dish this wickedness to any one
Re: Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by Nobody: 12:03am On Aug 19, 2013
Rejection could be very painful and hard... what you are feeling is hard and stems from a traumatic childhood... But come to think of it,I gathered from your story that u have some adorable boys. u see my friend, happiness is a choice and you have to decide against all odds to be happy.
sometimes when we are in a depressed mood, we tend to read meanings into the harmless intentions of others... your family could have a good reason or not... but girlfriend, you can decide from this moment to be happy; latch unto it like ur breath depends on it. forget ur past and mistakes... sit down and count your blessings. i know of a man who though confined to a wheel chair, still makes a good living and relates well and is happy.... so my friend, its ur choice..... choose happiness... its much better here.

1 Like

Re: Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by nowwhat: 5:15am On Aug 19, 2013
I am a canadian married 2 nigerian altho separated. U can read that story on CAN MY MARRIAGE SURVIVE AFTER LONG SEPARATION? Anyway the verse they use 2 support this doctrine is 1 corinth 5:11. They said i was lustful etc. While actually feeling scared vulnerable and sad. Searching 4 love anywhere. 4 this ban 2 b lifted i wud have 2 admit they expelled me rightfully and repent of sins of a decade ago. It hurts cuz i want 2 sit @ the table and help my boys with dinner and sit by them and talk but theyd rather sit @ grampas table than @ my own little one the corner. Even if i do all the cooking or if we have visitors this happens. I still can struggle mentally but with God he helps me. but with my fam doing this evry day how can this bleeding in my heart ever heal? the boys love their grandparents. but already this is making my 7yr old believe im 'not a very good christian.' my main question is about that verse and if they are applying it correctly. thanx evryone
Re: Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by PastorOluT(m): 6:59am On Aug 19, 2013
nowwhat: I am a canadian married 2 nigerian altho separated. U can read that story on CAN MY MARRIAGE SURVIVE AFTER LONG SEPARATION? Anyway the verse they use 2 support this doctrine is 1 corinth 5:11. They said i was lustful etc. While actually feeling scared vulnerable and sad. Searching 4 love anywhere. 4 this ban 2 b lifted i wud have 2 admit they expelled me rightfully and repent of sins of a decade ago. It hurts cuz i want 2 sit @ the table and help my boys with dinner and sit by them and talk but theyd rather sit @ grampas table than @ my own little one the corner. Even if i do all the cooking or if we have visitors this happens. I still can struggle mentally but with God he helps me. but with my fam doing this evry day how can this bleeding in my heart ever heal? the boys love their grandparents. but already this is making my 7yr old believe im 'not a very good christian.' my main question is about that verse and if they are applying it correctly. thanx evryone

Hmm, maybe its just me or? You said all they wanted is u admiting ur faults n be restored, why can't u simply do that if u seriously want to be restored n be with ur kids on the table with everyone else.
Secondly I cant seem to get this, ur kids are 7 yrs n u got excommunicated 10 yrs ago due to the sins that brought about their pregnancy? This doesn't just add up for ur kids should be atleast 9 yrs, or is there something u need to tell us?'
Re: Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by nowwhat: 8:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
I did not say the kids the kids were from this.. I was excommunicated ten yrs ago but I was not pregnant then.. I was married 8 yrs ago and the kids r from this marriage. However the church is still punishing me from sins from before my marriage. Yes I wud love for everything to be ok and to sit at the table with my kids but in order to do that I wud have to repent before the large assembly and once again join the church. I never said I wanted to be restored to church ( how cud I join and then be ok with doing this treatment to others?) I live a Christian life and know God has forgiven me but they do not accept me unless I wud join their church again.
Re: Still Hurting After 10 Years Of Excommunication by ooman(m): 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2013
forget the church, forget god and live on...there is no god, stop punishing yourself...

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Some So Called Christians Hypocrites / Which Is The True Church? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.