Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:58 AM

At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? (15389 Views)

How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! / Siena, Promise: Can O2 Sensor Make My Car Stop When In Motion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by DesChyko1(m): 2:15am On Aug 20, 2013
I do know cars that approach the coroner at 75 miles per hour often stop soon enough.
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by supaeagles(m): 2:15am On Aug 20, 2013
At what mileage will a car stop moving?? .... 666,666 of course ... and better make sure you are not in the car when the odometer hits that mark oh , else ...
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by jadakiss213(m): 2:27am On Aug 20, 2013
seedord247: Even thou a car stop moving at the mileage of 1 billion its doesnt applies to danfo or molue cuz some molue mileage is more than a trillion. grin
LMAO!! Nor be lie.
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by hrhobi1(m): 2:57am On Aug 20, 2013
Some danfo no get dashboard again.
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 20, 2013
Ijogz K: My car currently reads 987,980.. It's a 1875 Rolls Royce

You're of course a liar on two fronts. First there is no such thing as a 1875 RR and even if there was no one will dare put almost a million miles on it.

To answer OPs question, coworker managed to kill her car brand new car in under 100 miles. She ran into a bump and cracked her oil sump. Lost all the oil but kept on driving till the engine seized.
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by sultaan(m): 3:58am On Aug 20, 2013
Somorin#1:

You're of course a liar on two fronts. First there is no such thing as a 1875 RR and even if there was no one will dare put almost a million miles on it.

To answer OPs question, coworker managed to kill her car brand new car in under 100 miles. She ran into a bump and cracked her oil sump. Lost all the oil but kept on driving till the engine seized.

She is going to need a $5k engine grin grin

As far as I know the engine is still new just about 110 yrs old and some of these old engines can still run as they did day 1, but with rebuilds some run better than on day 1, better techs&parts.

Here is the basic fact an engine does wear during operation no matter how much maintenance its given, so the lifespan of any engine is determined by the cost of rebuilding it and the desires output of the engine.

If an engine costs 10% of its value to rebuild it makes sense to always rebuild than buy a new one that will need a rebuild at same interval as old one.But it will only make sense if it still performs as required.

1 Like

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by ziccoit: 4:25am On Aug 20, 2013
Billyonaire: To be on the safe side, do not drive any car above 100. Once its approaching that calibration on the Odometer, sell it out.

So the guy that buys it would now turn it to shoes and start wearing it?

I always come across your comments funny/smally. How old is this guy?

3 Likes

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by wwwkaycom(m): 4:52am On Aug 20, 2013
ziccoit:

So the guy that buys it would now turn it to shoes and start wearing it?

I always come across your comments funny/smally. How old is this guy?
He must be one of those nairaland small boys who claimed that getting an international passport is a major achievement of a man at age 40, sure, he is still being fed by his parents

3 Likes

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by johnwell(m): 5:24am On Aug 20, 2013
Ijogz K: My car currently reads 987,980.. It's a 1875 Rolls Royce

It's a pity that this car has been transfered to four generations now, who's next to drive?
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by deife(m): 6:07am On Aug 20, 2013
car-doctor:

As long as you are able to be alive to keep moving it.

What a silly question.

Car-Doctor.

The OP simply asked a question. You don't have to be rude. If you don't have something intelligent to say, then I'll advise you to bounce.undecided

4 Likes

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:33am On Aug 20, 2013
hrhobi1: Some danfo no get dashboard again.

Lol grin grin
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by morenath(m): 6:35am On Aug 20, 2013
seedord247:

Please go to ojuelegba, mushin, obalende orr oshodi and see milieage like baba ijebu lotto number. The lowest mileage nor go passs 5 million. grin
na lie mileage can't enta 5million....just forget abt it maybe u don't know abt it.....KO POSSIBLE go and recount the number of d digits
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by seedord247(m): 6:53am On Aug 20, 2013
morenath: na lie mileage can't enta 5million....just forget abt it maybe u don't know abt it.....KO POSSIBLE go and recount the number of d digits

horr?

I can tell You categorically that it does. I you have a Mileage reader, Just go to Ojueleba or mushin and see for yourself. Some danfo's are 15 yrs old and they still used them to cargo.
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by jodeci(m): 7:18am On Aug 20, 2013
A-town:

Actually, that is wrong. They are not designed to last for an indefinite period. If they do, that is simply a consequence of proper maintenace. That is why they offer warranties which usually don't exceed 100k miles or 10years because they cannot guarantee you anything beyond that.
That said, there are engines that have lasted 400,000 miles that i have seen. Some cars higher mileages but in most cases, the originial engine, transmission etc would have been changed.
I think if you get 250,000 miles out of an engine, the engine don over try.

We are saying thesame thing but with different language,Enginess will last as long as the support and management systems are well maintained.

where i work,we have used a particular engine for more than 50yrs,it moves from country to country.The retrofited parts are changed from time to time to maintain its reliability.
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by Confusion: 7:20am On Aug 20, 2013
Billyonaire: To be on the safe side, do not drive any car above 100. Once its approaching that calibr ation on the Odometer, sell it out.

See wickedness, so who will buy it n drive it is not human abi
Aftre you will blame your local govt leader for not fixing road
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by lamex20(m): 7:24am On Aug 20, 2013
car-doctor:

What a silly question.

Car-Doctor.
@car-doctor u're senseless ... d poor guy only ask a question, insted u answered as a bamboo

3 Likes

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by oshorlabyC(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2013
As long as the engine is intact,the car can't stop moving at whatever mileage

1 Like

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by BadAttitude(m): 7:37am On Aug 20, 2013
Bossforeva: Lol! Dz guy askz crazy questions. The other day dz dude was comparing a Murano and a Matrix.

grin grin grin
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by Nobody: 7:41am On Aug 20, 2013
lamex20: @car-doctor u're senseless ... d poor guy only ask a question, insted u answered as a bamboo
Don't mind him. Some people just can't control demselves when they think they know something...and come to think of it, his answer happens to be one of the most unintelligent answers on the thread

1 Like

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by Damoxy(m): 8:04am On Aug 20, 2013
car-doctor:

What a silly question.

Car-Doctor.

wat a silly reply

1 Like

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by Lilimax(f): 8:26am On Aug 20, 2013
grin
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by akahp(m): 8:34am On Aug 20, 2013
Billyonaire: To be on the safe side, do not drive any car above 100. Once its approaching that calibration on the Odometer, sell it out.
'sel it out' den na spirit go kom d ride am ni, no b stil peson go drive am
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by ShalomNigeria: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2013
A-town:

Actually, that is wrong. They are not designed to last for an indefinite period. If they do, that is simply a consequence of proper maintenace. That is why they offer warranties which usually don't exceed 100k miles or 10years because they cannot guarantee you anything beyond that.
That said, there are engines that have lasted 400,000 miles that i have seen. Some cars higher mileages but in most cases, the originial engine, transmission etc would have been changed.
I think if you get 250,000 miles out of an engine, the engine don over try.

I will also like to correct your notion about warranty since you seems to have engineering knowledge. you seems to be confusing useful life and warranty. A manufacturer will give a warranty to cover the risk of failure of the product. ordinarily, it is believe there is an element of failure in the design and most of these occur during the warranty period. hence, the manufacturer bears the risk of failure within this period. In essence, it is like saying, without any other external factor responsible for failure, my produce will work maximally if it does not fail within the warranty period. the warranty period is just a fraction of a useful life of the product. if your theory is to be right, no company should sell an insurance to a product after the warranty period.
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by Onosy: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2013
chuqudy: Pls. What is the highest mileage at which a car may not be moveable again?

Its not everything u feel like (or dram of) that u come up here to ask lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed....be careful grin grin grin grin

by the way a car life span don't depend on the mileage but on maintenance....the engine of a 300K miles car may still be stronger and better than the enging of a 50K miles car...reason is maintenance....and the owner!

Some people don't care whether the engine oil is ok or not and they don't also care whether the Gear Box/power steering uses oil or not and so on.... Proper maintence keeps a car running at any mileage

And thats why they scam some Nigerians with mileage...They will roll the Mileage backward and tell u That a Toyota Camry that was produced in 1999 or 2001 (13 - 14 years ago) has 80 to 150K mileage... ask yourself how many miles was the car driven per year and how years has the car been driven...For me once the Engine and gear box is sound and the interior and exterior looks good to some extent I don mind the mileage....mileage is just a number counted and still counting....

So be wise..... cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by PrinceJustice(m): 9:16am On Aug 20, 2013
car-doctor:

What a silly question.

Car-Doctor.
You are on point Doc! cheesy
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by chamotex(m): 9:17am On Aug 20, 2013
solidbroda: Iv seen a bus with 3million mileage on it.

grin grin grin
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by atasteve: 9:32am On Aug 20, 2013
I must say that this question is born out of deep thots from an intelligent mind.

It will definitely last as long as you keep maintaining the parts.

1 Like

Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by phayvoursky(m): 9:35am On Aug 20, 2013
jodeci:

We are saying thesame thing but with different language,Enginess will last as long as the support and management systems are well maintained.

where i work,we have used a particular engine for more than 50yrs,it moves from country to country.The retrofited parts are changed from time to time to maintain its reliability.

50 yrs!!! HOPE ITS NOT AN AIRPLANE COS VERY SOON IT WILL DECIDE TO BECOME A SHIP
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by fyneboi79(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2013
car-doctor:

What a silly question.

Car-Doctor.
wow!you just gave him a good answer.

But what a foolish and proud person you are!grin
Re: At What Mileage Would A Car Stop Moving? by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 20, 2013

Hahahaha' Priceless. :-)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

In Your Opinion / Volvo Develops Crash-proof Car / Kia Rio No Get Airbag???(with more pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.