Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues (3141 Views)

Personality: Meet Dele Giwa's First Daughter, Funmilayo [photo] / How Your Personality Is Shaped By Your Month Of Birth / Is Low Self Esteem A Result Of Parental Upbringing Or Personality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nmeri17: 8:24am On Aug 19, 2013
Well, the subject of this post should actually be "help a nairalander with serious personality issues" but im sure that'll probably scare away those that would have ended up helping me.

Well let me start by saying i grew under the supervision of my sister who made my life miserable.People close to her will affirm that she's a tough person so we never got along(even till now).
Well the reins of my supervision were soon passed to my (rather long suffering) brother since my sister got married.We did have a nice time under his 'rule' till the final stages of our stay together.He eventually ended up painting a very distorted image of me to those i valued most before leaving to pursue his life ambitions.
My mom now,i can make her very happy; or so i think but next minute she's talking to someone and telling them what an irresponsible boy i am.
I happen to have good looks and crack a lot of jokes so i often have someone crushing on me from time to time but eventually they dont have any intentions of staying with me.

Now here's what im trying to bring out.I believe there's something about me,something really serious and not physical which is responsible for this.I asked this girl who's come the closest to me.She just said i have no problem but then the results im getting are quite inversed.I dont have much friends in real life but online im the talk of the town.Im really worried cos im soon going to get admission and i wont want to be distant from my roommates and classmates alike
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2013
So what exactly is your problem undecided

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by mysticgal(f): 8:59am On Aug 19, 2013
you need to state your problem just like sponge back said,then we can help,its you and i advise you like yourself and stop writing yourself off,be positive always,it will work the magic.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Mercyu1(f): 9:34am On Aug 19, 2013
Ur problem is originating from ur early childhood experiences.U were deprived of emotional support n its obvious u grew up in an environment where love,peace n self-confidence are not nurtured.All these contributed in building d personality u hv now.It manifests itself in d way u relate with people around u.Probably,ur attitude 2wards those dt crush on u make them 2 leave.U can overcome or curb this problem by trying 2 be more emotional(loving) 2wards people dt come ur way.If u hv been harsh on them or u care less,try 2 be gentle,polite n careing n u will see them stay.Also,try 2 hv confidence in urself,bliv in urself n dt u are gud enough 4 any woman dt come ur way cos women prefer emotional n confident males 2 rigid ones.Its well!!!

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by DarryOsh(m): 12:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
you know what, Op, i typed a response and was about to submit, then i realised i do not really understand what exactly you r trying to pass across. It would really help if you explained in clearer terms

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by baby124: 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
Dont mind them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with you. You dont have to get along with everyone. Even family members. That should not kill your self esteem or question your sanity. Keep being who you are. You are a teenager and are discovering who you are, that is all. You are bound to clash with people and your mum is bound to side with the majority of your siblings to make conclusions. Believe in yourself and your abilities and dont let anyone kill your personality, because of what they believe you should be. That same jovial and likable personality will take you far in life. With your personality you are likely to enjoy life more than those who take life so seriously. Just fear God in all you do, and respect the home you come from while in school. Goodluck with school. kiss

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
WOW they really got into your head didn't they? You even have a diagnosis for yourself. You're messed up.

Bullies : they come in all forms and shapes .. family members inclusive....hehehe you haven't seen anything yet, so you'll bang your head on the wall if complete strangers mock your background and call you all sorts??

You need to grow a very thick skin buddy... Starting NOW!!

There's nothing wrong with you, you just happen to give a shît bout what people say bout you...Don't let anybody bring you down with their talks... put your ignore button on and aim high.

Enjoy your next step in life with your head up and positive thots. YOU'RE OKAY.'

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Vivly(f): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2013
jidegirl12: WOW they really got into your head didn't they? You even have a diagnosis for yourself. You're messed up.

Bullies : they come in all forms and shapes .. family members inclusive....hehehe you haven't seen anything yet, so you'll bang your head on the wall if complete strangers mock your background and call you all sorts??

You need to grow a very thick skin buddy... Starting NOW!!

There's nothing wrong with you, you just happen to give a shît bout what people say bout you...Don't let anybody bring you down with their talks... put your ignore button on and aim high.

Enjoy your next step in life with your head up and positive thots. YOU'RE OKAY.'
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Afrocatalyst: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2013
Vivly:
But this theory does not make him less lonely or make people stay with him for long. I can relate to his story too.
you can relate with it how?
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Kanwulia: 8:54am On Aug 20, 2013
BIPOLARITY comes in different forms.
The only problem is to be aware! cheesy
Sometimes you feel like a NUT. . .sometimes you don't!

No one's mood can be CONSTANT.
Emotions change. . .so do reactions.

People approach things and react differently depending on their coping mechanisms.
THE ONLY THING YOU CANNOT CONTROL IS GENETICS.

If BIPOLARITY IS IN YOUR GENE POOL. . . tough! kiss
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Vivly(f): 9:12am On Aug 20, 2013
Please, clarify the concept bipolarity for me and how it relates to the op's situation and also its genetic form. Tanks
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Kanwulia: 10:13am On Aug 20, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

Bipolar disorder, also known as bipolar affective disorder, manic-depressive disorder, or manic depression, is a mental illness classified by psychiatrists as a mood disorder. Individuals with bipolar disorder experience episodes of a frenzied mood known as mania alternating with episodes of depression.

Mania can occur with different levels of severity. At milder levels of mania, or "hypomania", individuals appear energetic, excitable, and may in fact be highly productive. As mania becomes more severe, individuals begin to behave erratically and impulsively, often making poor decisions due to unrealistic ideas about the future, and may have great difficulty with sleep. At the most severe level, individuals can experience very distorted beliefs about the world known as psychosis.

There. . . .!
We ALL have varying forms of these. kiss
Sometimes happy. . . and sometimes sad! kiss

I am actually a HYPOMANIAC!. . . ALWAYS PRODUCTIVE AND HAPPY. . .till I encounter DISGUSTING HUMANS! kiss
I do not hesitate to show them the reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal HYPERMANIA! kiss

If I ever get deported to NIGERIA to live AMONG NIGERIANS without any form of ESCAPE. . . I WILL MOS-DEF become A TRRRRRRRRRRRUE BIPOLAR PSYCHO!

My H-AGNOSTIC GAWD FORBID OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!

Please pray for moi! Make dem nor deport moi to NIGERIA O! cry cry cry cry cry cry

I GO TURN SERIAL-KILLER . . . UUM! MALICHUKWU!!!! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Vivly(f): 10:26am On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks, though i gained nothing nor understood its relation with the op's case.

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Kanwulia: 10:33am On Aug 20, 2013
Well, the subject of this post should actually be[size=20pt] "help a nairalander with serious personality issues"[/size] but im sure that'll probably scare away those that would have ended up helping me.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Evidence #1:

Well let me start by saying i grew under the supervision of my sister who made my life miserable.People close to her will affirm that she's a tough person so we never got along(even till now)

Evidence #2:

My mom now,i can make her very happy; or so i think but next minute she's talking to someone and telling them what an irresponsible boy i am.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Tinkybabe(f): 10:40am On Aug 20, 2013
Kanwulia, Mgbekototo, Calloti..I don't know which is funnier,
your usernames ,your comments or your emoticons..
As weird as it sounds, you've got a fan in me-Mrs Rib Cracker. cheesy cheesy

Sorry op for derailing, I can't help you.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Kanwulia: 12:51pm On Aug 20, 2013
Evidence # 3

*drooling on my computer. . . . . Just back from work. . . . . Dozzzzzes off! SNORRRRRING . . . . Snorts*

To be continued:

Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

z z z z z z z z z z z
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kanwulia: Evidence # 3

*drooling on my computer. . . . . Just back from work. . . . . Dozzzzzes off! SNORRRRRING . . . . Snorts*

To be continued:

Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

z z z z z z z z z z z
i'm a huge fan of yours,i love your posts serioussslllyyyy gringringrin
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Vivly:
But this theory does not make him less lonely or make people stay with him for long. I can relate to his story too.

The boy doesn't have any problem relating with people ( except his own family)...What I see here is : he is second guessing his own personality because of his family's feedback and complaints about his behaviour ...... He's just a boy teenager with raging hormones so what do you expect?? .. Of course he's kinda depressed because he's surrounded by negativity for years ...By the time he moves out of that hellhole to hostel with positive attitude, he will be free & changed guy.

Comparing him with Amanda Baines is outrageous... I don't even wanna go there this morning.

And pls don't call my post theory .
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by ChinmaEke(f): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nmeri17: Well, the subject of this post should actually be "help a nairalander with serious personality issues" but im sure that'll probably scare away those that would have ended up helping me.

Well let me start by saying i grew under the supervision of my sister who made my life miserable.People close to her will affirm that she's a tough person so we never got along(even till now).
Well the reins of my supervision were soon passed to my (rather long suffering) brother since my sister got married.We did have a nice time under his 'rule' till the final stages of our stay together.He eventually ended up painting a very distorted image of me to those i valued most before leaving to pursue his life ambitions.
I happen to have good looks and crack a lot of jokes so i often have someone crushing on me from time to time but eventually they dont have any intentions of staying with me.

Now here's what im trying to bring out.I believe there's something about me,something really serious and not physical which is responsible for this.I asked this girl who's come the closest to me.She just said i have no problem but then the results im getting are quite inversed.I dont have much friends in real life but online im the talk of the town.Im really worried cos im soon going to get admission and i wont want to be distant from my roommates and classmates alike

Send a mail to mspsychewrites@gmail.com, she can help.
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nmeri17: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
spongeback: So what exactly is your problem undecided
my problem is i want someone to suggest to me what is it that might be the reason why people may not want to be with me over the course of time.If its my attitude,someone sometime should have told me i have a certain behavior that they dont like so i doubt its that
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by baby124: 5:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nmeri17: my problem is i want someone to suggest to me what is it that might be the reason why people may not want to be with me over the course of time.If its my attitude,someone sometime should have told me i have a certain behavior that they dont like so i doubt its that

You are young. Girls and boys your age want to explore and date as many people as possible. Most of the people you meet or like at this time will end up breaking your heart or moving on once they see something that looks shiny, bright, swagger and more interesting. Focus on your books, the time for serious relationship will come. You too enjoy your youth and date as many girls as possible but dont ever forget to use protection. Jeez, you are in Uni for God's sake. What are you looking for long term relationship for Dont you want to be a free agent
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by baby124: 5:18pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kanwulia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

There. . . .!

I am actually a HYPOMANIAC!. . . ALWAYS PRODUCTIVE AND HAPPY. . .till I encounter DISGUSTING HUMANS! kiss

If I ever get deported to NIGERIA to live AMONG NIGERIANS without any form of ESCAPE. . . I WILL MOS-DEF become A TRRRRRRRRRRRUE BIPOLAR PSYCHO!

Please pray for moi! Make dem nor deport moi to NIGERIA O! cry cry cry cry cry cry

I GO TURN SERIAL-KILLER . . . UUM! MALICHUKWU!!!!
grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
^^ Ask him oh Abeg... All the negative remarks he grew up with is not helping him either... He's all messed up now he thinks he actually has a disability.

Oh boy .. It's a big world out there, enjoy wella and forget your sorrows grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by baby124: 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
jidegirl12: ^^ Ask him oh Abeg... All the negative remarks he grew up with is not helping him either... He's all messed up now he thinks he actually has a disability.

Oh boy .. It's a big world out there, enjoy wella and forget your sorrows grin

They have probably blamed his inability to keep a relationship on his unserious personality. What is a teenager doing getting worried about serious relationships? A boy for that matter. OP, let me assume you are 18 at the most. Please, which girl will want to stay with you for 7-12years waiting on a ring, or just doing girlfriend. When you get to 25 or 27 you can start thinking about taking anyone serious. Till then, just jaiye ori e. This time will fly by fast. Focus on school, get good results, get a job before you find a serious girlfriend so you dont get involved in something that will cause heartbreak and possibly set back for the rest of your life. While the girl will move on to someone who is richer. Most of your mates will marry guys older than you anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nmeri17: 7:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
Mercy-u:
Probably,ur attitude 2wards those dt crush on u make them 2 leave.U can overcome or curb this problem by trying 2 be more emotional(loving) 2wards people dt come ur way.If u hv been harsh on them or u care less,try 2 be gentle,polite n careing n u will see them stay.,!
if i dont pay attention to them its not that i dont know i should.Its just that we tend to run after those that do not want us.Those girls do have boyfriends who say im a fool for not appreciating what i have but i guess thats just how life is.Im at the verge of dating someone now.I dont really like her but i'll just date her anyway
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nmeri17: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
baby_123: You are bound to clash with people and your mum is bound to side with the majority of your siblings to make conclusions.
yea.I too used to think everyone hated me but at some point i figured its not possible everyone has a fault.It has to be me.I do have a bestfriend.We have had as many relationship-breaking fights as nepa takes light in a year but we're still bestfriends.We did not stick together because of anything but him;he still comes back even when im the cause of the fight to plead reconciliation.I dont expect every individual to do same so im sure the problem is from me.MY QUESTION IS HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE WITHOUT HAVING ISSUES ALL THE TIME IRRESPECTIVE OF WHO THE ISSUE IS FROM
Goodluck with school
thanks dearsmiley
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by baby124: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nmeri17: yea.I too used to think everyone hated me but at some point i figured its not possible everyone has a fault.It has to be me.I do have a bestfriend.We have had as many relationship-breaking fights as nepa takes light in a year but we're still bestfriends.We did not stick together because of anything but him;he still comes back even when im the cause of the fight to plead reconciliation.I dont expect every individual to do same so im sure the problem is from me.MY QUESTION IS HOW WILL I BE ABLE TO DEAL WITH PEOPLE WITHOUT HAVING ISSUES ALL THE TIME IRRESPECTIVE OF WHO THE ISSUE IS FROM
thanks dearsmiley

Treat people how you would like to be treated. If you go by that principle, you will always be fair in all your dealings. And you will know you did things with good conscience. Why are you fighting with your best friend like that? The fact that he comes to beg you all the time may mean he is gaining something from you, and does not want the relationship to end. Before another fight think thoroughly about if you still want the friendship and either end it for good, or dont get into a fight. Forget girlfriends for now, and focus on school. You will be glad you did. wink
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nmeri17: 8:19pm On Aug 20, 2013
Kanwulia:
There. . . .!

I GO TURN SERIAL-KILLER . . . UUM! MALICHUKWU!!!! grin
hahaha...Recently i just learnt that the funniest people suffer depression the most and it did help me a bit at least now i know why my sadness is usually very deep when it comes.It might suffice to mention that i stand at 6ft 4 or so.So people usually point it out as its probably the only thing they can think of quickly say to me.So i try to measure up by dressin fly but i attract attention anyways.It so happens that the negative attention does get me deeply.take for instance this girl i toasted one time,after everything she said she was ashamed to walk wid me cos i was going to make her look a midget
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nmeri17: 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
Chinma Eke:

Send a mail to mspsychewrites@gmail.com, she can help.
owky thanks.Who am i sending the mail to tho
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nmeri17: 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
baby_123:

They have probably blamed his inability to keep a relationship on his unserious personality. What is a teenager doing getting worried about serious relationships? A boy for that matter. OP, let me assume you are 18 at the most. Please, which girl will want to stay with you for 7-12years waiting on a ring, or just doing girlfriend. When you get to 25 or 27 you can start thinking about taking anyone serious. Till then, just jaiye ori e. This time will fly by fast. Focus on school, get good results, get a job before you find a serious girlfriend so you dont get involved in something that will cause heartbreak and possibly set back for the rest of your life. While the girl will move on to someone who is richer. Most of your mates will marry guys older than you anyway.
wow this is so so cool xD.My relationship status is definitely gonna change before this week runs out.Thank u so much cheesy
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Nmeri17: 8:40pm On Aug 20, 2013
baby_123:
Why are you fighting with your best friend like that? The fact that he comes to beg you all the time may mean he is gaining something from you, and does not want the relationship to end. Before another fight think thoroughly about if you still want the friendship and either end it for good, or dont get into a fight.
lol you're right.He does gain somethings from me but there really any relationship were one doesnt earn somethings from the other person.
Forget girlfriends for now, and focus on school. You will be glad you did. wink
lmao.Not with the kinda friends i have and the adventures they tell me.Not wid the way i dress and my looks...Im bound to draw attention, how long will i (if i now intend to)resist the attention
Re: Please Help A Nairalander With Personality Issues by Kanwulia: 10:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nmeri17: hahaha...Recently i just learnt that the funniest people suffer depression the most and it did help me a bit at least now i know why my sadness is usually very deep when it comes.It might suffice to mention that i stand at 6ft 4 or so.So people usually point it out as its probably the only thing they can think of quickly say to me.So i try to measure up by dressin fly but i attract attention anyways.It so happens that the negative attention does get me deeply.take for instance this girl i toasted one time,after everything she said she was ashamed to walk wid me cos i was going to make her look a midget

You sound VERY HOLLOW! Not to mention SHALLOW! kiss

The 'midget' excuse is just that, TO GET RID OF YOU. . . . having experienced some form of an EMOTIONAL WATERLOOOOOO or another in your relationship. kiss Or I do hope you do not only attract 'intellectual midget/HOBBITS' ashamed of the 'SIZE OF YOUR HEIGHT'! wink

At least YOU recognize YOU have a "situation"! You do not have a problem YET! Till you bring children into the world!kiss

I have encountered many like you. MOSTLY MEN!kiss
You all have a CDF(common denomination factor).

The lack of SELF-LOVE. . . . Which hinders your ability to sustain the MINIMUM, REQUIRED DOSAGE OF SOME HEALTHY, long-term social magnetism! kiss

From your original post, it is very obvious you grew up among the MOST SOCIALLY-AKWARD PERSONIFICATIONS OF THE TYPICAL AFRICAN STATE OF COLLECTIVE, EMOTIONAL VAGABONIA. kiss

This is usually spear-headed by the FATHERS/SPE/-DONORS aka "Patriarchs" turned "Partridges-From-PEAR-TREE-TO-PEAR-TREE"! Only to be seen on the FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS, without "ANY TRUE-LOVE/S"! grin

In simple terms, you are a product of your environment.
You are a TYPICAL NIGERIAN DUDE!
You have never received ANY form of familial love.
Your family dealt with you as a DUTIFUL INCONVENIENCE, not out of love. You were NEVER NURTURED, so you exist by NATURE like 'wild game'!kiss

Women are EMOTIONAL BEINGS. SO ARE CHILDREN! kiss If you cannot work around that, THE CYCLE OF POLYGAMY CONTINUES!

You are gonna have MANY WOMEN, BUT LOVED BY NONE.

Hopefully, you might get a lonely and desperate female with a VERY DEHYDRATED EMOTIONAL FOUNDATION like you have inherited.

I pray you can find some help, besides from the likes of TUBERCULOSIS "TB" JOSHUA.

May YOUR GOOD LORD help your future generation.

*Let us pray*

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heartbreaking: Big Python Swallows 6months Old Baby Today In Edo State (photos) / Please Help! I Smashed The New Lcd Tv! / Which Is Higher In Nigeria? - Birth Rate Or Death Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.