Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU (12211 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Porting To Ghana Continues... / Latest News On ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 19, 2013
As acted by Unilag and Yaba Tech Students with satirical "I Don Port" song

This is a solidarity jingle to the #Save Public Education protests nationwide.
See video below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhyY0YOhBaA&feature=youtu.be

To download and share, simply point your browser to www.ssyoutube.com and paste the youtube link above in the box provided, click download and select the format you like on the accompanying page.
Download is quick. Video length is only about (1.30sec)
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
sorry, the download link seems broken but the YouTube is still effective.
To download it for enjoyment, simply copy the YouTube link above, point your browser to ssyoutube.com and paste the link in the box provided. Click 'download' and select any format in the options provided (fly, mp4, wmv, 3gp, etc).

I say "You are welcome" in advance before you thank me.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2013
ASUU strike... this time go gbegen o.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by yunglykmine(m): 1:58pm On Aug 26, 2013
Candidly, I'm tired of this ASUU strike.
Not bad for me sha.. Cuz i started my Yam & maize cultivation 18th of last month,soon I ll start harvesting to sell... No time.
ASUU/FG can go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by DICKtator: 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
The message is clear. That the youth should do something valuable with their time during the ASUU Strike and try to avoid being lazy cos it is the Devil's workshop.

Learn a skill. Develop yourselves while you wait.
The Government don't give a hoot bout y'all.

Make thangs happen!!!!

Though it is crazy and ironical when you become self-made,the same Government that never helped, would demand for their taxes like WTH?

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Grendel(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Duh embarassed
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by israel007: 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ok
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Luckygurl(f): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
When the wanted becomes unavailable, the available becomes wanted.
Lemme rest my head a bit joor.
When those guys are ready I'd return to biz.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by 1bunne4lif(m): 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ok
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by OmniSparrow: 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
Is this title for this thread?
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Luckygurl(f): 2:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Ajibel(m): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Focusing on python programming jaare. Make dem go to blazes angry

3 Likes

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Joey82(m): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
not bad.

1 Like

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Toperazzi(m): 2:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
My gf just born sef....
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by ifemiide: 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
The money that ASUU is asking for is not up to the amount that real madrid will be paying Bale in a month.
FG at least for ones show us that you care about us

1 Like

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by phlamy(m): 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
Very nice initiative and I wish the entire Nigerian student could do more.

The way we leverage on social media in Nigeria is Amazing, from the Oga @ the top Issue, the police officer video to the recent happenings, we have the ability to make any thing trend globally.

Can we wake up and trend this ASUU strike the same way,lets put every stakeholder on
serious hot seat and pressure such that they wont have a choice than to resolve it.

Lets look for harshtags etc and go crazy on them till someone gets pissed and tired and frustrated.

4 Likes

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by creativemusic: 2:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin that is what nigeria government has turned their future leaders into, is a shame grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by ednut1(m): 2:06pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hope am not the only one confused in ere, WTH
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by XVIER(m): 2:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
Jonathan... ok..... #crying#
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by olatiler(m): 2:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
@poster what do u expect in country ware citizen fail to vote out those stupid nonentity out of office only for us to be machetes our self for a candidate that was coming to looting our wealth
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Emmy9ite(m): 2:10pm On Aug 26, 2013
I've been working since July 1st. No time. I believe there is always a reason for everything!
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by PECO4KING(m): 2:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Good country bad leaders.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ajibel: Focusing on python programming jaare. Make dem go to blazes angry

Me, am learning bomb making. When am done, FG and ASUU go hear ahhhm. Make i just finish 1st.

1 Like

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by muchbeauty(f): 2:19pm On Aug 26, 2013
I leave in a province in canada dominated by whites, 2 years ago i went into a store, and honestly i didn't see what i was looking for so i decided to leave. On my way out, i was the only person stopped and searched by a security of that mall which the store had called to search me. He did and found nothing on me. And then i realized i was the only black person in that store. Even in my school, the good jobs are given to their people while we the nigerians and other africans do the cleaning. They say its because we africans look strong, what do they mean by that? I'm in canada for education, because my school back home could not give me a steady education.Sometimes i wish Nigeria is the one with good education where people from other countries would want to school. Only if african leaders could just improve the education system only, we as the future would do the rest.

3 Likes

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2013
creativemusic: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin that
is what nigeria government has turned their future leaders into, is a shame grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Nope! The 'assumed future leaders'. That's the nigerian context.
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Fazhy: 2:28pm On Aug 26, 2013
Almost everything is wrong with this country.

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Goldenheart(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
This strike has gone beyond a month now and most undergraduate have been doing nothing at home. Well, I am not writing this to the government neither am I writing it to ASUU or the youths out there. This lines are directed to YOU. I mean the YOU that is reading this piece at the moment.

Let me tell you a blunt practical truth, If you are at home doing nothing now because of ASUU strike, it is most likely that you will also be doing nothing after your graduation. That simply means you are not valuable enough to be hooked by a company for employment. Well, lets leave that for another day.

Lets consider for a while those things that are taking people's time at home: seasonal films, soccer manager, play station, 2go, Facebook . . . Which of these is holding you down from being valuable? After serious consideration, you will discover that all these are products of great minds and busy hands. What are you busy doing? ASUU strike should be a blessing for you. Why cant you take advantage of this period and also put your name in the hearts of people.

As an accounting student, what will it cost you to walk up to a bank close to your house and tell the branch manager you are willing to work with them for free? Irrespective of you level at school. Go to as many banks as possible. Go back as many times as you hear a NO. I dont thing this would cost you anything. Dont you know this would add a bullet of experience to your CV as a graduate?

As an English or art student, have you checked all the radio stations in Ibadan, Lagos, Akure or Abeokuta and they told you they dont need you? There is no harm in trying. All you do at home is to listen to music on Splash FM and you are happy? Really funny!

Listen, you can be great in life without having a degree. So dont let ASUU vs FG hold you down. Dont be deceived. You have everything you need already. You can read. You can write. You can speak good English. Oh! You can even use the internet. And funny enough you also have a phone that can be used to surf the internet. What else do you need? Tell me. You think you need a degree to get busy? I laugh. Make use of Google to see how many Nigerian graduates are jobbless. Some are even at home now waiting for NYSC. That is their own excuse for not getting busy.

My dear, you dont have an excuse. Dont wait for FG. They are doing nothing and they wont. Make you moment count. Dont waste you life. Get up and find something to do. Go out now. You are already educated. A degree wont make you educated. You have it already.

Go and ask how much pepper sellers are making per day. Go check how much tailors are making. Bricklayers, Akara sellers, bukaterias, barbers, salons, mechanics etc. These are people you will regard as 'uneducated'. What about you that knows the laws of physics, knows why water is colorless and why calculus can not be used in literature? It is a pity that are you using all that on soccer manager and vampire diaries. You use your laptop as a toy instead as a tool(Coded).

Why cant you apply those things you have learnt in school to everyday trade in your neighborhood?
Why cant you call your friends around to form a team and form a company?
Why cant you learn something? Fashion designing, programming, craft etc.
Why cant you develop your selling and negotiation skill?
Why cant you buy and read a book today?
Why cant you volunteer to work in a company around you for free?
Why cant you think about you life for once and forget degree, ASUU or FG?
Why not NOW?
#scooped#

37 Likes

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by jpphilips(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
muchbeauty: I leave in a province in canada dominated by whites, 2 years ago i went into a store, and honestly i didn't see what i was looking for so i decided to leave. On my way out, i was the only person stopped and searched by a security of that mall which the store had called to search me. He did and found nothing on me. And then i realized i was the only black person in that store. Even in my school, the good jobs are given to their people while we the nigerians and other africans do the cleaning. They say its because we africans look strong, what do they mean by that? I'm in canada for education, because my school back home could not give me a steady education.Sometimes i wish Nigeria is the one with good education where people from other countries would want to school. Only if african leaders could just improve the education system only, we as the future would do the rest.

you even see money reach canada dey complain, what about the Nigerians who are serving the whites in their own country?

3 Likes

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Hernadez99: 2:33pm On Aug 26, 2013
Classic cheesycheesy
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by Ajibel(m): 2:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
ASUU strike na blessing in disguise. Infact make d strike no end

1 Like

Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by herbeytv(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ok. ASUU, you can go indefinite Strike (non of my business) but if Google or Facebook should go on strike I get many problemsssss...
Re: Video: Students 'Porting' To Trade, Work, Raise Children on ASUU by iamswizz(m): 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2013
Boring!! undecided

Last to comment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Waec Gce Upgrading And Helping To Release Held Result How Possible It Is / Solve This Maths Now And Win Instant N10,000 / Ikpeazu Reduces Tuition Fees For Abians In ABSU By N10,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.