Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,021 members, 7,799,480 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? (13383 Views)

Are Men Better Cooks Than Women? / Proof That Men Are Better Cooks (pic) / Guys Who Claim They Are Wonderful Cooks- See Your Handwork! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 19, 2013
I was at a burial ceremony at Uratta in Owerri last week Saturday. On getting to the kitchen section where food was being prepared for guests who came for the ceremony, I was amazed to see men between the ages of 20 and 28 cooking for the guests. They cooked rice, both jollof and fried, semovita and egusi soup. The egusi soup was so tasty and delicious i had to get it frozen and bring some to Lagos. hehehehe!

I interviewed one of the male chefs and i asked him if the cook for a living in events and occasions? He said since they couldn't get jobs, he and his friend decided to go into catering. Isn't that amazing?

here are some pictures i took.

9 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 19, 2013
I wish I can cook like these smiley
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 19, 2013
grin

1 Like

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 19, 2013
cool

1 Like

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 19, 2013
kunletiwoo: I wish I can cook like these smiley
Kunle, don't tell me you don't know how to cook!!
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 19, 2013
Being sincere kiss
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Kairoseki77: 9:30am On Aug 19, 2013

6 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:52am On Aug 19, 2013
Kairoseki77: This looks like a massive health violation.

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1258566_IMG_20130817_130614_0-1_jpg69e39b32cfdf5ee0c54fa120313b6b99[/img]
Who gives a flying saucer? We don chop the sweet rice since shiit am comot. Damn! your need to eat that rice. I don't eat food cooked by men, but this....... cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Kairoseki77: 10:08am On Aug 19, 2013
berem: Who gives a flying saucer? We don chop the sweet rice since shiit am comot. Damn! your need to eat that rice. I don't eat food cooked by men, but this....... cheesy

There are "sweet" men in that area anyway. Am not surprised that they can cook.
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
very bad cooking environment angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
That's awesome. They couldn't find jobs and decided to create one, smart thinking.
Nigerians love to party and eat. Business must be good for them, methinks.

2 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Kingslaw(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
na waitin? female cook no dey the village.i no de chop nobi by force.
it shoud have been male and female.
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by mrsolutionm(m): 2:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
Its better dan being a state enemy.may god bless their hustle

1 Like

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
Men can cook well. Me, I can cook vegetable soup with melon, kpomo, smoke fish, crayfish, beef, liver, locust bean.
I can cook beans & ewa agayin.

1 Like

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Daewoods(m): 2:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
Eko o ni baje ooo

pardon me ooh i didnt read the post at all

4 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
Gosh, this picture smell gay...gay, only gay men go into catering for a living.
I once had the opportunity to interview a gay guy who came to the hospital

-Me: why do you prefer homo to hetero
gay boy: I believe boys can do all that women can do.....cooking, stylists, singing, dancing and giving them a wonderful time in bed.
Am not homophobic but sometimes I get emotional about the health hazards this boys face, ranging from STDs and immune cancers.
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by adtiezy1(m): 2:55pm On Aug 19, 2013
No big deal can cook better than this........@the guy above na real joblessness dey worry the dude oh grin
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Ogegod87: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
Rather than become robbers, kidnappers, aπϑ wat ve u, dey choose 2 make themselves useful.

IMPRESSIVE.

11 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Aug 19, 2013
i like this trend. provided they wash their hands after severally scratching blokkos vefore unwrapping the seasoning cubes. oh, that my husband knew how to cook!
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by TrishaP(f): 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ok
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
jchime: Gosh, this picture smell gay...gay, only gay men go into catering for a living.

gay boy: I believe boys can do all that women can do.....cooking, stylists, singing, dancing and giving them a wonderful time in bed.
Am not homophobic but sometimes I get emotional about the health hazards this boys face, ranging from STDs and immune cancers.

Your ignorance is alarming undecided

21 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Princessaleeza: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nice 1 but u did not show us d Semo $ Egusi Soup
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by LagosBoi2(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
adaobi123:

Your ignorance is alarming undecided

no be lie, very alarming

6 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by iamswizz(m): 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
Abeg, shey anybody fit suggest wetin i go type??
Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by bknight: 3:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
guys r now hair-stylists, cooks etc

d ladies r busy frm one king-size bed to another undecided

2 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
jchime: Gosh, this picture smell gay...gay, only gay men go into catering for a living.

You're an ignoramus.

2 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by toprealman: 4:00pm On Aug 19, 2013

Are you for real? And you claim to be a medical practitioner.
In God me trust sha!

2 Likes

Re: Male Professional Cooks - The New Trend In Nigeria? by crackhouse(m): 4:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
O boy, pls can I taste this rice?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World's Most Bizarre Drinks / 2018 Nigeria Beer Festival Kicks-off In October / Kogi Advises Residents To Shun Cow Meat After 20 Die Mysteriously

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.