Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier (8449 Views)

Nigerians Expelled From Senegal Stadium For Displaying Biafra Flags / NFF Rules-out Abuja Stadium For World Cup Play-off / FIFA Approves Goal-line Technology For 2014 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Krasid(m): 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2013
FIFA has certified the U.J Esuene Stadium as a safe venue to host next month's 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier between Nigeria and Malawi

The Malawian FA confirmed through their cheif executive officer, Suzgo Nyirenda, that they have recievd a letter from the World football governing body,assuring them of the safety of the match venue.

"In the letter, FIFA admits that our concerns are genuine," Nyirenda dsclosed to the Malawian media.

Nyirinda however denied that their letter to FIFA had any mischievious end,insisting that they are not reluctant to make the trip to Calabar.

"It is not like we said we do not want to travel to Nigeria, we are just waiting for the Nigerian Football Federation to provide us the guarantee.Once they do that,we will travel to Nigeria," Nyirenda explained.

The Nigerian Football Federation sent a security plan to FIFA last week,following complaints from the Malawian FA concerning the security of the match venue.

Nigeria used the same venue for their world cup qualifier against Kenya on March 23.
http://www.kickoffnigeria.com/news/36555/fifa-u.-j.-esuene-stadium-safe-venue-2014-fifa-world-cup-qualifier-nigeria-and-malawi
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Kingslaw(m): 1:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
ok.
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by nerodenero: 1:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
We are even winning the battle before the match proper. Shame on Malawi for coming up with such a flimsy excuse. Go Super Eagles!!!

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by hidenconyo(m): 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
i expect Nigeria to whip them 5:0 cheesy
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Tolexander: 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
hiden_conyo: i expect Nigeria to whip them 5:0 cheesy
don't be suprised seeing the super eagles struggling to score a goal or going to draw malawian team.
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
#TeamSuperEagles all the way
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by soundtruth(m): 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
They would have changed venue to Enugu so that they can fly direct on Ethopian airlines.

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by yiboboy: 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ahahaha, Malawi yaff failed!

Omo the trashing nor go easy that day! lipsrsealed
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
Malawi will have to find another flimsy excuse to blame their inevitable trashing upon, cuz this one blows.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by adtiezy1(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
hehe..just hope water won't stop the balls from entering the goal post
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by vladimiros: 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
MALAWI, CAN USE JUJU, BUT NAIJA JAZZ BAD PASS smiley

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by FoxyRebirth(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
[size=30pt]The Fear of Super Eagles??.....[/size]

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by donem: 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
Thats nice of FIFA, come to think of it what are those Malawians feeling like? Was surprising hearing them complain about safety in Calabar and rather prefaring ABJ. My question for them is if they think Calabar ain't safe, where would they find a safer place in Nigeria??

4 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
no be those ones wey talk say witch meetings they hold for calabar and road no dey to reach there? sorry o
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by jasper83: 3:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Yeye people, flames abi na flamingo bi ya name. Ur trashing walahi is jst inevitable in calabar. Nigeria 3- Malawi 0. Nlanders click like if u agree wit me. 277 likes

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by laplace19(m): 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Let the squad that played against South Africans still play this match.

Malawi must suffer in our hand! grin
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 19, 2013
We are going to win the game I trust my Igbo brothers since dis is not kidnapping,money rituals nd drug pushing.........Up Super eagle
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Douglasdale(m): 3:21pm On Aug 19, 2013
soundtruth: They would have changed venue to Enugu so that they can fly direct on Ethopian airlines.
Yeah. We have made the arrangements with the Malawian FA. They would fly into Enugu and then use a Peace Bus to Calabar.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Temismith(f): 3:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
Huh
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
I weep for Malawi oo. The trashing will will not be easy grin

In other news, welcome to Calabar - The home of Afang soupgringrin
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by donem: 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
Douglasdale: Yeah. We have made the arrangements with the Malawian FA. They would fly into Enugu and then use a Peace Bus to Calabar.
Lol, u can post this again.
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by ZUBY77(m): 3:30pm On Aug 19, 2013
laplace19: Let the squad that played against South Africans still play this match.

Malawi must suffer in our hand! grin

Which other squad do you have?
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2013
cheesy cheesy grin smiley
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by 0108(m): 3:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
jasper83: Yeye people, flames abi na flamingo bi ya name. Ur trashing walahi is jst inevitable in calabar. Nigeria 3- Malawi 0. Nlanders click like if u agree wit me. 277 likes
Hehehehe.

That awkward moment when no one likes your post despite begging for it explicitly.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Mikkychuks(m): 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
We dey wait for una...silly xcuse.
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by Mekus68: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
They are afraid to ply in Calabar cuz they see it as a slaughter groundThey are afraid to ply in Calabar cuz they see it as a slaughter groundThey are afraid to ply in Calabar cuz they see it as a slaughter ground

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by phil5(m): 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Calabar .malawi, heheheh

Nt suprised that his nw speaking in tongues
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by omusiliyu(m): 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
...and let the Malawian goto hell!!!
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by saintneo(m): 4:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
soundtruth: They would have changed venue to Enugu so that they can fly direct on Ethopian airlines.
Absolutely! However they can still fly directly to Enugu and then charter a flight to Calabar. Shorter journey I must say.
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by CHIDONE: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2013

I wonder why dey are not hosting any super eagle match @ Enugu

1 Like

Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by SportsDey: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
I am pretty sure the excuse of the Malawi coach was just mind games. they are no match for the Super Eagles when we are in top gear. However, we must not underestimate them. We missed out on the World Cup in 2010, we must not repeat the same mistake. What do you guys think? SportsDey
Re: FIFA Approves Calabar Stadium For Nigeria, Malawi Qualifier by bionicdude(m): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
the malawians have no better ecuse.if they had reported to fifa dat there are too many fine babes and this will cause distraction to d players i would have agreed.Eagles must win

(1) (2) (Reply)

NFA Electoral Appeals Committee Upholds Pinnick’s Election. / Di Maria Vs Hazard:who Is D Best / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.