Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,385 members, 7,800,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour (7212 Views)

Suitable Cream To Even Out Uneven Skin Tone / How Can I Get Lipstick To Stay On My Lips For More Than A Few Minutes? / Un-even Skin Tone!!!!!! So Embarassing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hi guys, been a while. I always don't like to say this but it's been my regular line for a while now. I'm so sorry I haven't been writing as much as I used to but I'll try to be more regular.

This post is a little bit wordy, so I don't want to scare you by posting the full thing here.You can visit my blog for the full post: www.perfectmelange..com

Red Lipstick............ That's one lip colour I wear often or....all the time, except once in a blue moon when I have my bubble gum pink on *covers face*

I've had lots of friends ask me why I only wear this one shade of lipstick. The funny thing is, I actually have over 50 shades of lipstick but I really don't mind wearing red.

Ook! Back to the topic... Red lipsticks are one lip product that has refused to go out of trend but still, lots of ladies are too conservative or scared to wear it. I've had several wedding/event makeovers where the client refuses to let me apply red lipstick on then (my strong persuasive/convincing skills never fail me though). I find this confusing sometimes because red is vintage. If your old mothers and grandmothers could be courageous enough to wear red, why not young & vibrant you?

There's one lady I know who wears red lipstick like no other, she was a makeup artist and someone I look up to for makeup tips. She's Adenike Ogungbe (RIP) of Ewar Make-Overs, here's a picture of her rocking red wink....

She knows how to use her brushes like no other....checkout some of her bridal makeovers on her blog: www.ewarberry..com

I was able to pin point a few reasons why ladies pull away from red lipsticks & I listed them below;
* Some think it just won't fit them (you haven't even tried it).
* Fear of being noticed when all you want to do is be in the shadows.
* A few people think red only fits light skinned ladies only.............

There are loads of other reasons I can't think of right now but hey! Everyone can wear red lipstick, it just depends on how you apply it. I'll be giving you a few tips on different ways to apply red lipstick to fit you. Read the full post on www.perfectmelange..com

sorry for redirecting you all. Thanks for reading

Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by uzoo: 11:44am On Aug 21, 2013
Thanks for sharing.

Red lipstick - A classic beauty product every lady should have.
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
You're welcome.

uzoo: Thanks for sharing.

Red lipstick - A classic beauty product every lady should have.
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2013
I actually had the fear that it wouldn't fit me but after the first application, I fell in love with it. cool
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by Oluwafunmilayo95(f): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2013
BTW that lady up there is beautiful cheesy
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 10:55am On Aug 23, 2013
see! That's what I tell every lady, as long as the shade is right, it'll definitely fit you.

Oluwafunmilayo95: I actually had the fear that it wouldn't fit me but after the first application, I fell in love with it. cool
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2013
Oh yes she is!! That's Nike of Ewar Makeovers (RIP)

Oluwafunmilayo95: BTW that lady up there is beautiful cheesy
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by LoveAmaka88(f): 11:30am On Aug 23, 2013
Great post OP

Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by uzoo: 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2013
After reading your blog i just got my first red lipstick yesterday, practiced the application all night,i think i finally got a hang of it,fingers crossed... will be posting pictures on my blog soon. smiley
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
Op, red color lipstick is sexy and bright, no doubt,,,..but for me i like toning down my lipstick color ....like using wink light orange and pink together....it merges completely with my very fair skin tone and also looks demure and sexy too... wink
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks dearie.

LoveAmaka88: Great post OP
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 4:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
yaaaaay! That's really nice Uzo, will be expecting pictures.

uzoo: After reading your blog i just got my first red lipstick yesterday, practiced the application all night,i think i finally got a hang of it,fingers crossed... will be posting pictures on my blog soon. smiley
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by uzoo: 8:11pm On Aug 29, 2013
Perfect Blend: yaaaaay! That's really nice Uzo, will be expecting pictures.

Yea, really i can imagine that as easy as it may sound , applying just an ordinary lipstick to get a perfect pout is quite tasking.it took me two days to get it right. Its not easy becoming a professional Make-Up artist and to think you ladies have to do like a whole bridal train in hours.Kudos and thanks for sharing this here, I have added you to my blog to get updates on make up tips,since i'm so clumsy at it...lol grin

I visited a friend at her studio to help me out though,but the entire look was up to me to decide what shade of red i wanted.
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by Cestmoi1(f): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2013
I love red lipstick.A make up artist refused to use it for me,she said it won't fit me cos im dark and my sis agreed too saying she's been wanting to tell me that that i use it alot and i should stop but that hasnt stop me o.A friend suggested beauty island to me.she's dark like me and it was beautiful on her.thanks for d tips.
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 10:53am On Aug 30, 2013
It's not easy but we try, that's why we hv to keep practising everyday. Thanks a lot dear, will also checkout your blog. Just send me the link.

uzoo:

Yea, really i can imagine that as easy as it may sound , applying just an ordinary lipstick to get a perfect pout is quite tasking.it took me two days to get it right. Its not easy becoming a professional Make-Up artist and to think you ladies have to do like a whole bridal train in hours.Kudos and thanks for sharing this here, I have added you to my blog to get updates on make up tips,since i'm so clumsy at it...lol grin

I visited a friend at her studio to help me out though,but the entire look was up to me to decide what shade of red i wanted.

Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 10:55am On Aug 30, 2013
You go girl!
Red is never weird on dark skin, I use it everyday and I always look beautiful. Even if you're really dark, just fing a light shade of red and not wine. Keep rocking it #Redfever

C'est moi:
I love red lipstick.A make up artist refused to use it for me,she said it won't fit me cos im dark and my sis agreed too saying she's been wanting to tell me that that i use it alot and i should stop but that hasnt stop me o.A friend suggested beauty island to me.she's dark like me and it was beautiful on her.thanks for d tips.
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by uzoo: 7:32pm On Aug 30, 2013
Perfect Blend: It's not easy but we try, that's why we hv to keep practising everyday. Thanks a lot dear, will also checkout your blog. Just send me the link.

Thanks, here's the link http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/

It will be nice if you could do a tutorial on how to get the perfect arch (eye brows) for different shapes of faces.

i have an Oval face with hooded eye brows which grows in different directions ,it starts off growing nicely from the edge of my nose bridge then cuts off and begins to grow upwards and then curling backwards towards the hair on my fore head ...( its really funny because in high school my school mates called me '''chicago bulls'') you get the picture.

It actually runs in my family,so it doesnt really give me much worries ,its just that sometimes i get tweezer happy and just get rid of the curly part leaving me with half of an eye brow grin
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2013
hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!ROTFL! sorry but i had to laugh at the way you described it + Chicago bulls? Those kids are mean.

I'm thinking of doing the tutorial soon and even on different makeup applications also. Will keep u updated.

uzoo:

It will be nice if you could do a tutorial on how to get the perfect arch (eye brows) for different shapes of faces.

i have an Oval face with hooded eye brows which grows in different directions ,it starts off growing nicely from the edge of my nose bridge then cuts off and begins to grow upwards and then curling backwards towards the hair on my fore head ...( its really funny because in high school my school mates called me '''chicago bulls'') you get the picture.

It actually runs in my family,so it doesnt really give me much worries ,its just that sometimes i get tweezer happy and just get rid of the curly part leaving me with half of an eye brow grin
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by uzoo: 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
will look out for the tutorial, Thanks smiley
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by uzoo: 11:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
I just did a review on another shade of red lip colour here

http://productsthatactuallydowork..com/2013/10/mac-so-chaud-lip-stick-classic-red.htmle

i think this colour will suit any skin tone -dark,chocolate ,olive skin tone ,light skin tone , e.t.c
Re: How To Apply Red Lipstick To Fit Your Skin Tone, Lips & Skin Colour by PerfectBlend(f): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2013
I actually have a post on eyebrows for different face shapes, you can check it out on: http://www.perfectmelange..com/2013/02/how-to-groom-your-eyebrows-perfectly-1.html

http://www.perfectmelange..com/2013/02/how-to-groom-your-eyebrows-perfectly-2_5.html

http://www.perfectmelange..com/2013/02/how-to-groom-your-eyelashes-perfectly-3.html

uzoo:

(1) (Reply)

See What You Can Achieve In 3 To 6months / JAGABAN Ft. SELINA TESTED Episode 23 (war On War) / 10 Lovely Nail Art Design For You In This New Year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.