Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns (18105 Views)

Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck / Maid Who Savagely Beat Ugandan Toddler To Face Attempted Murder Charge / Mother Drowns Her 9-year-old Son For Having A Small Joystick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by jointarena: 1:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
[quote]

A doctor’s toddler daughter drowned after she slipped off his shoulders while he was taking photos and plunged into a swollen river.

Coventry-based anaesthesiologist Megha Reddy screamed for help as 18-month-old Manvi disappeared under the water and was washed downstream in strong currents.

A frantic search was launched for the girl and rescue divers pulled her body out of the river more than four miles away.
Tragedy: Eighteen-month-old Manvi Reddy drowned after she slipped from her father's shoulders into the River Musi in Hyderabad as he took photos during a month-long family holiday to India

Tragedy: Eighteen-month-old Manvi Reddy drowned after she slipped from her father's shoulders into the River Musi in Hyderabad as he took photos during a month-long family holiday to India

Read more at http://www.jointarena.com/2013/08/18-month-old-child-falls-off-fathers.html#.UhIMi5I3su4
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by sheedy407(m): 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ok

1 Like

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by israel007: 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
Omg this is pathetic. Only God knows the pain the mother would be going through now. And the guilt would be hard for the Dr to bear.

Sorry man. May God console you

5 Likes

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by kunlesehan(m): 1:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
what crap, dat man nah native DOCTOR, e just sacrifice dat pikin to 1 of their indian gods. ... smh

1 Like

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by otijah(m): 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
WHAT A CARELESS FATHER. Rip little princess

3 Likes

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
An adventure turned into mourning,may her soul RIP cry

2 Likes

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:57pm On Aug 19, 2013
the man might get divorce from his wife. tongue
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by optimusprime2(m): 2:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
#SMH...
My Pop once dived in after me as a kid, when I fell into water, why did'nt he?
No personal effort, he just stood there shouting...
#SMH

5 Likes

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Iaz93: 3:00pm On Aug 19, 2013
RIP to them all!
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Rapmaestro(m): 3:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
if na 9ja:... we go talk say wether her parent got her from water-goddess.. and dat one come take im pikin back. R.I.P
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Ikunle o shocked*flee the thread*

1 Like

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Iceman296: 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
So Sad. RIP to the Girl, May God Comfort the Family!
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by iamswizz(m): 3:19pm On Aug 19, 2013
13th to comment
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
Obviously taking a pix to upload to Facebook cry cry

The evil that Facebook causes cry
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by kennyonthrone(m): 3:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
kunlesehan: what crap, dat man nah native DOCTOR, e just sacrifice dat pikin to 1 of their indian gods. ... smh
typical nigerian am nt surprise

1 Like

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Wsdm: 3:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
In a reverse scenario; a man jumped from a moving car in China to rescue his child who fell off the car, people started bashing Nigeria's fathers that they could not be so proactive.
Ok, this one na white man again, why him no jump follow her?
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by bockey(m): 4:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
so pathetic. the doctor would wish that day never broke.
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
even though i cant swim, i cant just be shouting while the waters take away my baby...i must go after her.
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by baby124: 4:09pm On Aug 19, 2013
What a nasty tragedy. sad sad sad
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Caracta(f): 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
Such a cute baby... So sad! cry

Will the parents ever recover from this? undecided
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
I wonder If his wife will be able to ever forgive him.
RIP
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 19, 2013
Carelessness at it's highest peak. so sad.

1 Like

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
israel007: Omg this is pathetic. Only God knows the pain the mother would be going through now. And the guilt would be hard for the Dr to bear.

Sorry man. May God console you
what a miserable and pathetic father.how can he be so stewpidly careless with kids IN THE BEACH.i am sure if it was the mother all hell will have been let loose with different verbal missiles thrown at the woman.what daft consolation is that.mshewww.i trust nigerian men if it happened to their wives.that woman will not spend that night in the house,utter rubbish.

Its sad that men who dont deserve to be fathers are the ones that have kids.smh

2 Likes

Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 19, 2013
God pls give the parents the fortitude to bear thev loss in JESUS NAME
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by creativemusic: 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Exponental(m): 4:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
Oju lasan ko.........
Some "iyas" are behind it.
Rip girl.
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
No be ordinary attack, spiritual attack.
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by MrAboki: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
DAYUUUM!!! Poor Dad...

This can make him commit suicide! The guilt will be worse than anything in the world..
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by ugotuf(m): 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2013
Poor Innocent girl, RIP.
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by sagytariusTM1: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
That is why mothers r the best. angry
She'd never let u fall.
Re: Toddler Falls-off Father's Shoulder And Drowns by Sweetapple007(f): 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
She lool sad as if she know she was comg home to die!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 12 Years Of Waiting (Photo) / Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer / How Do You Handle Household Chores?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.