Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand (3222 Views)

Akwa Ibom Governorship Tribunal Judgement: Udom(PDP) Vs Umana(APC) - Live / All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / Yoruba Group Accuses Buhari Of Pretending To Be A Progressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Conservative party ideas
( varies for different countries)
Larger government - more power to the
people, communities have the opportunity to
run failing schools etc.
Family values - tax breaks for married
couples, against gay marriage
Lower taxes, lower government spending -
private businesses should put more money
into the community than the government does.
(eg more toll roads, less road tax).
Privatisation - breaking down the NHS and
selling the contracts to private companies
The belief that people will help themselves -
rather than have the government help them.
So the more money you have, the better
health care /education you will receive.

Progressive party ideas

"To destroy this invisible Government, to
dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt
business and corrupt politics.
The platform called for women's rights ,
recall of judicial decisions, easier amendment
of the Constitution, social welfare
legislation for women and children, workers'
compensation, limited injunctions in strikes,
farm relief, revision of banking to assure an
elastic currency, required health insurance in
industry, new inheritance taxes and higher income
taxes, improvement of inland Security , and
limitation of military armaments.

1 Like

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Standing5(m): 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
WHERE DO YOU STAND?

Fogive my disjointed article, i had to copy, paste and edit on my phone.
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
Progressive ko progressing ni
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
chukwudi44: Progressive ko progressing ni
That all you can deduce ! Bush man grin

1 Like

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by redsun(m): 3:43pm On Aug 19, 2013
Obiagelli:
That all you can deduce ! Bush man grin

This obiagelli could be another eleke alias.Ain't you?

The name turn out to be one of my favorite igbo's female name and it is a good name.

2 Likes

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by alaoeri: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
In my region SW, the Progressives (APC) out perform their counterparts the conservatives (PDP) so am pitching my tent with the progressives.

1 Like

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by MajeOfficial: 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
bia, this isn't america. these people don't have an ideology or cohesive vision, don't deceive yourself

2 Likes

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 19, 2013
Progressives

@adaobi

Are you in U.S or Nigeria?
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2013
bia, this isn't america. these people don't have an ideology or cohesive vision, don't deceive yourself

that's what you think, its only a matter of time before they adopt fully one of these ideologies. Btw their are some features above both parties already identifies with
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by vladimiros: 5:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
THERE ARE NO IDEALOGIES IN NIGERIAN POLITICS

ITS ALL SAME $HIT DIFFERENT IDIOTS.
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Tolexander: 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
Conservativess and Progressiveness aren't a function of parties but ideologies!

What do we call those politicians that will cross carpet?
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by ImHotepX: 6:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
What's "conservative" about PDP and what's "progressive" about APC?

It's obvious the OP is an airhead and the thread isn't shocking, tbh.

Obiagelli, when are you, Jakumo and Tolexander ever going to contribute anything intelligent worth reading on this forum? undecided

You lot just spam everywhere with junk posts

1 Like

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Gbawe: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
First of all, the political ideology Nigerian Parties identify with is never adhered to in a purist manner. Nigerian politics and democracy is evolving yet it is still at a rudimentary level. If I were to rate it from 1 to 10, I would put us at 1.

To that end, looking at ideology , to possibly predict character of a Party, is virtually worthless in my opinion. Better to look at manifesto, as it addresses the specific problems of Nigeria, and then inspect the records of the actual Party members to note the probability of promises being fulfilled. The APC has the better manifesto and better leaders. As simple as that if we are talking factually and not entertaining bias or sentiment.
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by asha80(m): 6:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
obiagelli do you consider ifeanyi ararume and achike udenwa of imo state as 'progressives'?
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by ImHotepX: 6:18pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nigerian democracy as it is, has no democratic structure yet. It's basically just a case of choosing between the lesser devils and a game of numbers. So if there's no democratic structure, how can you have an ideology? Nigerian politics is just a tribal/ethnic "chess game" where you offer a bloc, or blocs of votes, for certain opportunities in return.

In a proper democratic setting, where ideologies thrive, the political parties have permanent/strong bases and people vote based on that, with moderates and independent voters acting as the determining factor in every election.

Stop the madness - there's nothing conservative and/or progressive in Nigerian politics!

1 Like

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Gbawe: First of all, the political ideology Nigerian Parties identify with is never adhered to in a purist manner. Nigerian politics and democracy is evolving yet it is still at a rudimentary level. If I were to rate it from 1 to 10, I would put us at 1.

To that end, looking at ideology , to possibly predict character of a Party, is virtually worthless in my opinion. Better to look at manifesto, as it addresses the specific problems of Nigeria, and then inspect the records of the actual Party members to note the probability of promises being fulfilled. The APC has the better manifesto and better leaders. As simple as that if we are talking factually and not entertaining bias or sentiment.
Saying our parties don't have ideologies isn't true, fact is older party around the world didn't necessarily start out with an ideology but they evolve to adopt one, for instance lower or no taxes is liken to the pdp conservative nature, also the belief that power belongs to a certain few is the hallmark of the pdp " conservative"
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Tolexander: 6:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
ImHotep-X:
What's "conservative" about PDP and what's "progressive" about APC?

It's obvious the OP is an airhead and the thread isn't shocking, tbh.

Obiagelli, when are you, Jakumo and Tolexander ever going to contribute anything intelligent worth reading on this forum? undecided

You lot just spam everywhere with junk posts
come again!
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
ImHotep-X:
Nigerian democracy as it is, has no democratic structure yet. It's basically just a case of choosing between the lesser devils and a game of numbers. So if there's no democratic structure, how can you have an ideology? Nigerian politics is just a tribal/ethnic "chess game" where you offer a bloc, or blocs of votes, for certain opportunities in return.

In a proper democratic setting, where ideologies thrive, the political parties have permanent/strong bases and people vote based on that, with moderates and independent voters acting as the determining factor in every election.

Stop the madness - there's nothing conservative and/or progressive in Nigerian politics!
If you can't tell what the pdp stands for and and what to expect from its government by now they you ain't paying attention
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Goddex: 6:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
Political parties in Nigeria are not based on ideology. I honestly wish they were.
In what way are govs Chime of Enugu, Wada of Kogi, Donald Duke of Cross River, Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Suswan of Benue, Lamido of Jigawa, Ameachi of Rivers etc conservative?

It is even dump to assume that Ajumobi of Oyo, Amosun of Ogun, Zamfara govt, Yobe govt, Borno govt, Nasarawa govt are progressives, how? How Progressive are Buhari, Achike Udenwa, Ahmed Yerima, Tom Ikimi, Bashir Tofa etc. Tinubu and Bisi Akande were among the worst governors in their time. Abegi, tell me something else.

1 Like

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 19, 2013
asha 80: obiagelli do you consider ifeanyi ararume and achike udenwa of imo state as 'progressives'?
Bro i can tell you where anenih, obj, Tinubu, oshoba and the other founding fathers stand.

You can tell the ideologies of obj, tukur, mark, gej is far from those of david west, Fashola or adams
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
Goddex: PDP is not a conservative party.
In what way are govs Chime of Enugu, Wada of Kogi, Donald Duke of Cross River, Akpabio of Akwa Ibom, Suswan of Benue, Lamido of Jigawa, Ameachi of Rivers etc conservative?

It is even dump to assume that Ajumobi of Oyo, Amosun of Ogun, Zamfara govt, Yobe govt, Borno govt, Nasarawa govt are progressives, how? How Progressive are Buhari, Achike Udenwa, Ahmed Yerima, Tom Ikimi, Bashir Tofa etc. Tinubu and Bisi Akande were among the worst governors in their time. Abegi, tell me something else.
You guys are getting this thing Totally wrong, being conservative is not a bad thing bro, there are so many conservative parties around the world.

Tell the policy on taxes in both camps (PDP and APC ) that how determine ideology
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by ImHotepX: 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
Tolexander: come again!

How old are you? You're always on the first page of every thread, yet very consistent with spamming everywhere with junk. At least take a cue from "Garri_the_1st" and think before you post.

There's nothing bad with clowning around, however, you have to mix it with intelligent posts.
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 19, 2013
ImHotep-X:

If you can't tell what the pdp stands for and and what to expect from its government by now they you ain't paying attention. Take Privatisation for instance
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by asha80(m): 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2013
Obiagelli:
Bro i can tell you where anenih, obj, Tinubu, oshoba and the other founding fathers stand.

You can tell the ideologies of obj, tukur, mark, gej is far from those of david west, Fashola or adams
this shows that it is about individuals and not parties after all oshiomole was not a founding member as he first belonged to labour.there is nothing progressive about nassarawa state governor or achike udenwa or ararume.do not be carried away.
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by ImHotepX: 6:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
Obiagelli:
If you can't tell what the pdp stands for and and what to expect from its government by now they you ain't paying attention

It's obvious you don't understand what conservatism is about and your definition of "progressive" is just err... undecided

Let me break down your own definition of conservatism and compare it to what PDP stands for:

Larger government - more power to the
people, communities have the opportunity to
run failing schools etc.

When did PDP start giving power to the people?

Family values - tax breaks for married
couples, against gay marriage

Where is the tax breaks (if at all they pay taxes) for married couples by PDP? And aren't the Tories conservative? How come David Cameron signed the gay marriage bill n the UK?

Lower taxes, lower government spending -
private businesses should put more money
into the community than the government does.
(eg more toll roads, less road tax).

The last time I checked, there has been higher government spending since GEJ became president. Who pays road tax in Nigeria?

Privatisation - breaking down the NHS and
selling the contracts to private companies

How's the privatisation of NHS conservatism? Though Clement Attlee started the NHS in 1948, however how come all the Tories that ruled after that never privatised it, till the urgent need to cut down spending due to recession?
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Gbawe: 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Obiagelli:
Saying our parties don't have ideologies isn't true, fact is older party around the world didn't necessarily start out with an ideology but they evolve to adopt one, for instance lower or no taxes is liken to the pdp conservative nature, also the belief that power belongs to a certain few is the hallmark of the pdp " conservative"

I did not say that. I am saying that Nigerian Parties, with their real actions, do not adhere to the Political ideology that theoretically defines them. It is then simplistic and perhaps ultimately worthless to attempt using tags such as conservative, progressive, classical liberalism et al to differentiate them.

A golden rule of life for me is that man should, first and foremost, acknowledge and work with the reality of where he finds himself if he wants to be effective there - be it a Country, workplace, social club or even political Party. We cannot make Nigerian politics what it is not or project ideas on it that are simply unfeasible in relation to current reality.

There are better and more realistic ways, rather than focusing on the theoretically defined political leaning of Parties , to sift the wheat from the chaff .

1 Like

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Tolexander: 7:05pm On Aug 19, 2013
ImHotep-X:

How old are you? You're always on the first page of every thread, yet very consistent with spamming everywhere with junk. At least take a cue from "Garri_the_1st" and think before you post.

There's nothing bad with clowning around, however, you have to mix it with intelligent posts.
come in your real form. Not this metamorphosized form!
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
What are the two government's stand (apc and pdp ) on taxation, school fees, Privatisation, state police, decentralising power and so on
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
PDP
Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by FreeGlobe(f): 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2013
Gbawe: First of all, the political ideology Nigerian Parties identify with is never adhered to in a purist manner. Nigerian politics and democracy is evolving yet it is still at a rudimentary level. If I were to rate it from 1 to 10, I would put us at 1.

This chronic liar and jobless propagadist. APC is has the better leaders and manifesto like we see in Akpabio vs Fashola, Chime Vs Ajimobi, Amaechi Vs Kayode right? shameless old propagandist. Get a real job and a life

1 Like

Re: Conservative (PDP ) Vs Progressive (APC) Where Do You Stand by Gbawe: 7:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
Obiagelli: What are the two government's stand (apc and pdp ) on taxation, school fees, Privatisation, state police, decentralising power and so on

This is better and clearer. I very much support your thread put forward in this format. Let us inspect the individual stance of Parties in relation to our serious problems. With State policing for example, there is more chance to gain that under the APC than the PDP because the PDP, through the announcement of GEJ, has rejected the idea of State policing.

With decentralisation of power, it is fairly obvious, whatever the PDP says, that the ruling Party has no interest in it. 14 years is enough to show even a semi-serious commitment to making Nigeria work better through the decentralization of power away from the centre.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Military Show Of Force around Nigeria cities Pictures / Throw Back Pictures Of Gowon, Ojukwu And Ankrah / Rains Disturbed Edo For Seven Years, That’s Why We Didn’t Build Roads –oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.