Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,195 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! (2744 Views)

Ipokia Local Government Clinic Ogun Where 10,000 Residents Share 1 Hospital Bed / Female Circumcision Is Dangerous To Women's Health; It Should Be Scrapped. / The 8 (eight) Lessons Ebola Is Teaching Africans By Tunde Asaju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by eledalo: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
I just got back from a hectic day at this so called Medical clinic, just went there for a check up. I sincerely wish I took pics and videos of this place.

Arrived there at 8:50am, after booking a 9:00am appointment last week, to meet only the gateman and one receptionist, who left a few minutes later to buy food

By 10, another receptionist strolled in along with a few nurses. By this time a few young people had arrived apparently for their medicals for canadian student visa.
At a few minutes to 12 we were given forms to fill, and all of us were asked to go to find a zenith branch to pay! So we all trooped out.

Of course we were all hungry by this time. A few of the students went out to find food to eat and I also left Asaju 'Clinic' seeing that the receptionists were watching TV. Would you believe that after 4 hours of waiting, no one NOT A SINGLE SOUL had been attended to?? Their excuses varied from oga is not around, the doctors are not around and we tried to call you but network was bad. Did I hear you say what the f?
So after 2 o clock, we were called to start - halleluyah! - but no don't be deceived! We were only called to collect urine bottles, which we urinated into and held for another hour! So imagine about 10 people just walking around with urine bottles. Funny but not so funny.

The students by this time don tire. Complaints had started, and to be honest some of us who were wise enough not to pay had left - remember this is after about 5 hours of us waiting. Let me quote the receptionists response to the students, and I kid you not:

'You can leave if you want, afterall I did not force you to come. So what do you want again?'

Damn! I felt bad.

Well after small talking again, the kids went to sit down and the rest of us chimed in, but ultimately we knew we had sealed our fate by going to pay into their account.

3:30pm - the doctor is finally around and its my turn. Now this is the part that pissed me off and made me write this review. Not only did the nurses mislabel EVERYBODY'S blood sample and take a new one for all of us, the doctor's office was a f£$cking bedroom! A bedroom with a curtain near the door! Na wa o!

So I was finally done. Fortunately I do not live too far away from Olosa street where asaju clinic is so i just drove home and booked an appointment with another clinic with a better reputation.

Finally, after 6 hours of waiting and a 20 minute check up, I was done.
And so you know I had to leave the canadian student's there to complete their own exams, at about 4.20pm.

Please if you have any other experiences with this place please advise and to all you friends and family out there, find somewhere else to do your medical exams and please AVOID asaju medical clinic like the plague - if you value your health!
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by krazynaija(m): 10:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
na today? grin
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 21, 2013
if you have issues, why dont you report to the medical director, instead of coming online to vent your displeasure...this is quite timid...just walk up to the MD and complain
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by Cool: 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
gmyguy: if you have issues, why dont you report to the medical director, instead of coming online to vent your displeasure...this is quite timid...just walk up to the MD and complain

I see the angle you're coming from and it might be valid in some scenarios. However, in this case, I doubt whether the Op saw anybody around that s/he felt had the aura of responsibility (I use the word 'responsibility' from a purely managerial perspective, no abuse intended).

While I can neither affirm nor dispute what the Op has said because I've never been to the facility, the simple fact is that the Op has a negative perception of the facility based on today's experience. The onus now lies on the facility to work to correct this impression.

So, whoever has any link with the facility can point the owners to this thread so that they can make necessary changes.

Just a thought: Why should anyone need to go to a bank to pay for a medical test? Can a POS be used? What about web-based appointment scheduling, payment and receipt generation?
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2013
Cool:

I see the angle you're coming from and it might be valid in some scenarios. However, in this case, I doubt whether the Op saw anybody around that s/he felt had the aura of responsibility (I use the word 'responsibility' from a purely managerial perspective, no abuse intended).

While I can neither affirm nor dispute what the Op has said because I've never been to the facility, the simple fact is that the Op has a negative perception of the facility based on today's experience. The onus now lies on the facility to work to correct this impression.

So, whoever has any link with the facility can point the owners to this thread so that they can make necessary changes.

Just a thought: Why should anyone need to go to a bank to pay for a medical test? Can a POS be used? What about web-based appointment scheduling, payment and receipt generation?
probably because the medical fee is for the Canadian embassy and they are just retainers...just guessing
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by Cool: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2013
gmyguy: probably because the medical fee is for the Canadian embassy and they are just retainers...just guessing

Not likely but even if so, electronic payment models will do the job.
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
anyway...i dunno
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by eledalo: 4:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
Well, 10 days after visiting the Asaju Clinic of Doom, I called to ask if my results were finally ready - afterall I had already paid for them- to make a long story short: No, they are'nt ready. cheesy cry
Thankfully, I got them from the other clinic.

The fees are for the clinic and not for the Canadian embassy, for those who asked. It was easy to gather that from my little chats with the student visa applicants.

And yes, I am a picture of perfect health grin
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by sucemt(m): 5:44pm On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by eledalo: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
I declined to name the clinic I eventually patronised so NLers would not think I was trying to promote another clinic.
If you are referring to the Canada medical test, I believe there's another clinic nearby but it's best if you get the details from the Canada immigration test.
Cheers!
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by doctokwus: 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2013
Much as I don't want to dispute ur story,I find it rather curious that d canadian embassy wud retain such a facility and use their results if all u claim is true.Anoda curious fact is dat u sed u went and bookd anoda appointment @anoda clinic because I know for a fact dat embassies& evn nigerian companies send u to their appointed hospitals for any medical and wudnt accept dat frm any oda facility.
As I sed,just want to fit it d pieces to ur story,much as I can't disprove a large part of it
Re: Asaju Medical Clinic VI - Dangerous To Your Health! by eledalo: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
I went for a check up privately and not for any Canada or company reasons. The students were there for their Canada visa reasons.

Ensure you read the original post.
I'm way past the experience anyway!

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Explanation On My Wife's Uterus / What Electronic Gadgets Can Do To You / What Most Nigerians Do not Know About Pregnancy Scan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.