Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,386 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? (5393 Views)

U.S Political Analysist: Are Africans Too Dumb To Develope? / PHOTOS! Meet The World Hottest And Sexiest Twins & They Are Africans / Why Are Africans Lazy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2013
arm4u:
It is not just the university education.
Something is fundamentally wrong with our understanding of what education really is.

While education should be the process of learning how to solve problems and improve on our way of life, the education we have right now, has nothing to do with solving problems and challenges we face in our lives.

that is why Agricultural scientists, agricultural engineers, those who studied animal science, crop production, etc are all moving around with their certificates, looking for jobs that do not exist.

But we have the hunger challenge, yet the studies in agriculture cannot help us to improve in our food production.
And food production is the only solution to hunger. then what is the benefit of education?
Education must be geared toward creativity, productivity and problem solving.

this is the African Education Model we are proposing.
It saddens me whenever u say ''The education we are having in Africa doesn't solve our problems !!!

Can't U differentiate between the Holder of certificate and the curriculum that brought that certificate !!!

Is it the modules(Sylabus/Curriculum/mode of delivery) that led to the certificate that is problematic or the man carrying the certificate !!!

No matter how little, if we have an enabling environment to apply what we actually learnt in school,our STATE wouldn't have been like this !!!

If u have been working dude, some of your boss woulda tell u ''What u learnt in school, keep it ahome, U re gonna learn a new deal here, open ur eyes,Watch and Learn for School is Theory''

Do u think, that man that graduated with B.sc Agric Engine doesn't wanto apply what he learnt in creating value, but what value is inherent in Agric Engine as a discipline in Africa, what is the value attached to agric science !!

Ur mate in Banking/companies are millionaires while as agric scientist U can't even boast of few hundreds .....simply cuz some unreasonable dude somewhere has been importing agric products without attaching value to products of agric sector thus No Job for Agric Engine nor Agric Science .....

Ok, U ask Agric Scientist to go into Farm and started producing his own goods with what He has Learnt in school, then what are the yardsticks present that will make him succesful in his products, How will his effort not be frustrated outa business when Importation of his farm products were never frowned at

Getting into business is very easy but without the support of the environment,atleast,patronising your products and some kinda motivations and encouragements from the authority, frustration is near even If U failed to get all the necessary encouragements and u really decide to still surge forward, by the time the authority started Importing your Goods and splash market for you which thus make it difficult for you not to cover cost of production talkless of adding profit margin ..... Then no body will ask U before u join the ''One day, e go better team'' of labour market !!!

What do u expect Op, Normal human instinct will ask U to pursue where u will also maximise ur purse not potentials !!! Or keep dealing with hunger/poverty !!!

What we should actually be asking is ''how do we create Opportunity for all regardless of discipline'' ?
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 28, 2013
Hmmm ..... Abi ooooo
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
donroxy: Dude, U re absolutely funny .... and I think , the fault might not have all been Nigerian Educational system but Nigerian Laziness towards internal development !!!

Can you hear yourself bros, We don't need to ''create'' Opportunity simply because it is all around us ..... Just get up and tap it !!! Ahahahaha , AfricanChild, na wah !!!

The problem with an African-man is never the problem itself but the solution he always offer/proffer to the problem keeps compounding the already compounded problem !!!

Dude, see your answer to ur own question on food : we either ''Just plant it or Buy it ''

By planting food, what are u doing ........ In your own word ''Not creating Opportunity but planting food'' !!!

What was the value of ''Crude-Oil'' to an Ijaw before Oyinbo were here ,Urhobo/itshekiri can not even creat lantern that can make use of their Oil to lit talkless of Heavy Machines using Oil/petroleum across the globe .....!!!

If U failed to use your resources to create opportunities,then ,they are bound to just be there untapped !!!

Only God knows how many other crucial resources to humanity that were known by an African-man because, he has been urinating and pooing on it ...... But He lacks the knowhow to create opportunity nor value through it !!!

Oh Mai God !!!!

At the end of the day, we are only circling round semantics!
We are communicating in a foreign language and often the choice and use of words impair communication skill.

Now, what is opportunity?
This is my view, maybe I am wrong.

there is hunger caused by lack of food! That is what I call opportunity! The existence of hunger is an opportunity.

By planting food, I am tapping into an existing opportunity. Where are ever human needs exist, there lies opportunities naturally.

The summary is here:
1. Identify needs around us: that is opportunity
2. Work hard to solve those needs: that is tapping into opportunity.

Now, I am simply saying that education should be a process of squiring the know how in solving problems that has to do with with our needs.

On the issue of laziness:
how did this laziness come about?
The ugly truth is that the bulk of those who are the burden to our economy are from the educated class.

The are waiting for "opportunity" to come, waiting for "fortune" to shine luck on them.

The illiterates are busy, they can at least fend for themselves to some extent.
They are the farmers, the bricklayers, the taxi drivers, the mechanics, the repairers, the market men/women. they are not waiting for "opportunity", they see needs and fill the gaps. They might not build mansions and ride jeeps but to some extent, they are not a burden.

So what is the cause of the laziness of the educated?
we are told to go to school, get certificate and come out and get a job!

We obeyed and went to school, got the certificate and then there are no jobs!
So, we are waiting for jobs that are not there! then we become nothing but a burden. We cannot think outside the box, we are not trained to think so.

So, am i saying that we should not be educated? No sir.
Am I saying that education is bad? Not at all sir.

What I am saying is this: there is a need to synchronism between what we are learning in the class room and the needs of our environment. If what we are learning is not is not applicable in our environment, then it is a waste.
Like i said earlier, imagine posting a veterinary doctor to a town that do not have animals.

There is no synchronism between the existence of hunger and the study of Agriculture in our schools.
Our call is that the agric education should be geared towards solving the problem of hunger! that I think should be the main reason for education!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 1:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
donroxy: It saddens me whenever u say ''The education we are having in Africa doesn't solve our problems !!!

Can't U differentiate between the Holder of certificate and the curriculum that brought that certificate !!!

Is it the modules(Sylabus/Curriculum/mode of delivery) that led to the certificate that is problematic or the man carrying the certificate !!!

No matter how little, if we have an enabling environment to apply what we actually learnt in school,our STATE wouldn't have been like this !!!

If u have been working dude, some of your boss woulda tell u ''What u learnt in school, keep it ahome, U re gonna learn a new deal here, open ur eyes,Watch and Learn for School is Theory''

Do u think, that man that graduated with B.sc Agric Engine doesn't wanto apply what he learnt in creating value, but what value is inherent in Agric Engine as a discipline in Africa, what is the value attached to agric science !!

Ur mate in Banking/companies are millionaires while as agric scientist U can't even boast of few hundreds .....simply cuz some unreasonable dude somewhere has been importing agric products without attaching value to products of agric sector thus No Job for Agric Engine nor Agric Science .....

Ok, U ask Agric Scientist to go into Farm and started producing his own goods with what He has Learnt in school, then what are the yardsticks present that will make him succesful in his products, How will his effort not be frustrated outa business when Importation of his farm products were never frowned at

Getting into business is very easy but without the support of the environment,atleast,patronising your products and some kinda motivations and encouragements from the authority, frustration is near even If U failed to get all the necessary encouragements and u really decide to still surge forward, by the time the authority started Importing your Goods and splash market for you which thus make it difficult for you not to cover cost of production talkless of adding profit margin ..... Then no body will ask U before u join the ''One day, e go better team'' of labour market !!!

What do u expect Op, Normal human instinct will ask U to pursue where u will also maximise ur purse not potentials !!! Or keep dealing with hunger/poverty !!!

What we should actually be asking is ''how do we create Opportunity for all regardless of discipline'' ?

So school is theory?
Then our position is that the theory in school must be synchronized with the real life situations we face! If the theories we are learning have no resemblance of our challenges, then it is a FRAUD! It is a waste of time and resources. Schooling should make us better problem solvers.

Our proposed Education Model is this:

Identify our challenges, difficulties and needs, then our schools should be places of couching the younger generation the theories of these problems and the theories of the solutions. When the student comes out, he sees the problems and then apply the knowledge that he has acquired. This is what I call education.

Now, let me tell you this:

I read Electrical/Electronics Engineering and I am into IT and Biz consultancy.
I like plantain but I have not bought plantain in the market for the past 2 years!

Do you know why? I planted plantain in the little compound that I have. I have harvested plantains, enough to eat and even to give out. How much did it cost me to plant? Nothing. I simply got it from a neighbor.

I am ready to practice what I preach. So come next year, i am going home during the farming season, I will get labour o clear the little farm land I have in the villa. I am going to plant corn and cassava! I am going to eat some and also sell some! The output is usually higher than the input.

Now, this is my theory!
If the illiterates can produce food, the educated can produce more.

If a non agric graduate like me can produce plantain, then the agric graduate can produce much more.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 29, 2013
arm4u:
We are communicating in a foreign language and often the choice and use of words impair communication skill.

Now, what is opportunity?
This is my view, maybe I am wrong.

there is hunger caused by lack of food! That is what I call opportunity! you are Wrong

The existence of hunger is an opportunity. Wrong^2

''By planting food, I am tapping into an existing opportunity. Where are ever human needs exist, there lies opportunities naturally. ''
CORRECT

The summary is here:
1. Identify needs around us: ''that is opportunity'' wrong

...Need is the problem what solve needs Is the opportunity u tapped in providing solution

2. Work hard to solve those needs: that is tapping into opportunity.CORRECT

Now, I am simply saying that education should be a process of squiring the know how in solving problems that has to do with with our needs.

On the issue of laziness:
how did this laziness come about?
The ugly truth is that the bulk of those who are the burden to our economy are from the educated class.

The are waiting for "opportunity" to come, waiting for "fortune" to shine luck on them.

The illiterates are busy, they can at least fend for themselves to some extent.
They are the farmers, the bricklayers, the taxi drivers, the mechanics, the repairers, the market men/women. they are not waiting for "opportunity", they see needs and fill the gaps. They might not build mansions and ride jeeps but to some extent, they are not a burden.

So, we are waiting for jobs that are not there! then we become nothing but a burden. We cannot think outside the box, we are not trained to think so.

What I am saying is this: there is a need to synchronism between what we are learning in the class room and the needs of our environment. If what we are learning is not is not applicable in our environment, then it is a waste.
Like i said earlier, imagine posting a veterinary doctor to a town that do not have animals.

There is no synchronism between the existence of hunger and the study of Agriculture in our schools.
Our call is that the agric education should be geared towards solving the problem of hunger! that I think should be the main reason for education!
U and I are not communicating in foreign language ,English Language has been widely accepted and spoken in Nigeria before we were born ....... U re the one that should choose ur words wisely so as not to confuse ur readers ...... Even,with our mother's tongue,if u don't choose words correctly,u re bound to be misinterpreted!!!

Now,I understand you very well,
U re viewing it from Engineering Maths perspective .....

Bros, this is a social issue ... Engineering Maths can only hold Ground when applied social scientifically !!!

Therefore, U re wrong in your definition of opportunity .....

When U say Opportunity ..... It is reffered as a ''FAVORABLE CIRCUMSTANCES'' which can help provide solution to a Threat/problem ....

U need SWOT analysis= ''Strength,Weakness,Opportunity and threat'' in providing solution to ever existing social problems !!!

Hunger in ur description above is the problem and whatever social tool u re deploying in providing solution to Hunger must be ''SWOTTED''

So, bros, If u re ''planting food to solve Hunger '' ..... That is a ''solution'' ...... Now what is the ''SWOT'' of planting food instead of ''Importing Food'' ....... And which one is viable and feasible than the other ..... SWOT Analysis will provide ur answer !!!

Here it goes .....

''Strenght in planting'',

''Weakness in planting''

''Opportunity inherent in planting''

''Threat therein''

Compared the above with ''SWOT of Importation'' .......

Then U shall know how best to provide solution to Hunger as a problem !!!

In essence, many ''Opportunities'' may be available in providing best solution to the problem of hunger in Africa but if we fail to tap them ..... We still keep battling with hunger !!!

''By planting food, I am tapping into an existing opportunity. Where are ever human needs exist, there lies opportunities naturally. ''
CORRECT

educated class.
That was what I told U ......
There is difference between Education and School .... U may attend school without getting educated ..... Just grap the certificate and go !!!

Whereas, we have some peeps that really studied and read beyond just for passing sake ..... And this is where majority of Nigerians fall ..... And our Semi-educated class. that constitute leaders of today could not even see any Opportunity in Nigerians talkless of Nigeria(an Environment) !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 12:54pm On Aug 29, 2013
donroxy: U and I are not communicating in foreign language ,English Language has been widely accepted and spoken in Nigeria before we were born ....... U re the one that should choose ur words wisely so as not to confuse ur readers ...... Even,with our mother's tongue,if u don't choose words correctly,u re bound to be misinterpreted!!!

Now,I understand you very well,
U re viewing it from Engineering Maths perspective .....

Bros, this is a social issue ... Engineering Maths can only hold Ground when applied social scientifically !!!

Therefore, U re wrong in your definition of opportunity .....

When U say Opportunity ..... It is reffered as a ''FAVORABLE CIRCUMSTANCES'' which can help provide solution to a Threat/problem ....

U need SWOT analysis= ''Strength,Weakness,Opportunity and threat'' in providing solution to ever existing social problems !!!

Hunger in ur description above is the problem and whatever social tool u re deploying in providing solution to Hunger must be ''SWOTTED''

So, bros, If u re ''planting food to solve Hunger '' ..... That is a ''solution'' ...... Now what is the ''SWOT'' of planting food instead of ''Importing Food'' ....... And which one is viable and feasible than the other ..... SWOT Analysis will provide ur answer !!!

Here it goes .....

''Strenght in planting'',

''Weakness in planting''

''Opportunity inherent in planting''

''Threat therein''

Compared the above with ''SWOT of Importation'' .......

Then U shall know how best to provide solution to Hunger as a problem !!!

In essence, many ''Opportunities'' may be available in providing best solution to the problem of hunger in Africa but if we fail to tap them ..... We still keep battling with hunger !!!

CORRECT

educated class.
That was what I told U ......
There is difference between Education and School .... U may attend school without getting educated ..... Just grap the certificate and go !!!

Whereas, we have some peeps that really studied and read beyond just for passing sake ..... And this is where majority of Nigerians fall ..... And our Semi-educated class. that constitute leaders of today could not even see any Opportunity in Nigerians talkless of Nigeria(an Environment) !!!

At the end of the day, it is all about semantics, proper definition of words and the use of phrases.

Opportunity is "favorable circumstances" right?
Well, hunger is a "favorable circumstance" for planting seeds and producing food. You can score me "zero", it does not matter!

You have brought in "SWOT" to answer the hunger question, right? Please, pardon my ignorance but I did not employ any SWOT analysis (or maybe i did it unconsciously) before I started producing plantain in my house. I simply know that if I plant plantain, it will grow and produce food. I planted and it grew and produced and is still producing.

Now these men have this to say about opportunity:

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. - Winston Churchill

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.
Kobe Bryant

No great man ever complains of want of opportunity.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
Kyle Chandler

These are words of wisdom from experienced and matured men:
And you know what my friend? I believe them!

When I see hunger, I see nothing else but opportunity!
I am an Electronics Engr by training, I also have an MSc in Software Technology, I have an outfit of my own,as an IT and business consultant. But you know what? I have come to realize that we are not producing enough food. We have left food production for 'illiterate' farmers. My experience with plantain has thought me a lot.

Come next planting season, I will send some money home, to hire labour to plant corn and cassava and any other seed I can plant. You too should do the same.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2013
arm4u:

So, we are waiting for jobs that are not there! ''

then we become nothing but a burden. We cannot think outside the box, we are not trained to think so.

U re absolutely wrong in your assertions above So is the Title of your thread, cuz u all muddled everything Up !!! yes, am not expecting less since u pure scientist are always like this when it come to adjudging social issues ....Engineering Maths,Physics and Chemistry not hold ground here But Political Science,Economics,BusAdmin and Philosophy !!!

ARM should be about sensitising Nigerian/Africans on the need to tapped into Opportunities provided by Education not otherwise .....The Fraud called Education, How can Education be a Fraud ?

''we are told to go to school,get certificate and come out and get a job,We obeyed and went to school, got the certificate and then there are no jobs'' !

who told you all the above,Is it the government or the family as the first agent of socialisation,is that the orientation of an African man or Individual preference !!!

Have u checked the curriculum of courses in Nigerian Educational System and the modules therein were not tailored to providing solutions to Nigerian Problems !!!

See, Economics is the language of business ...... Accounting only measures the financial aspect therein either qualitatively or quantitavely, BusAdmin is meant to mobilise all factor of production and put it into effective and efficient uses while Political Scientist keep building bridges between the ''governors'' and the ''Governed'' , Philosophy is all about Reasonableness while History will tell U where we come from, where we are and likely occurence in future ..... Trend Analysis !!!

An Average Social Scientist must be tutored in few of those courses mentioned above as such, their practicability Abroad is never the same as here !!!

E.g Economics volume in theory and practice here in Nigeria is not same as England ..... If u applied Economic textbook written by an American detailing America social environment in Nigeria ...... U re bound to fail both in practice and theory !!! Simply cuz ,the social/physical environment differs!!!

But, U can learn from the abroad textbook, Africanised it by relating circumstances detailed to African context ...... Then bam, U may evolve ur own theory from there !!!

But Engineering and other pure science is the same all over the world .... Physics in Nigeria and England is same likewise anywhere !!!

Oya tell me ooo, Which among the social science courses mentioned above have u been tutored as an Engineer ? I don't think any, u just hear them ...... Therefore, it is not enough for u to conclude Education is a fraud, since u have not seen how modules/curricullum of the above courses were tailored in solving Nigerian Problems

Education is an individual preference, U shall decide for yourself what u wanna bring outa school .... While many Youths of Nigeria only see school as a Social Institution/Gathering for partying only few see it as an institution of learning and acquisition of knowledge !!!

U too , put up advert, call for Nigerian Youths for Job ...... Organise Aptitude test ......... People will pass now Organise Interview and decide for urself the result thereof ......Go back to the schools of various applicant and check the curriculum with which they are taught ....... See for urself who to blame .....!!!!

We are learning in class what our environment needed na we fail to consolidate in terms of application !!!

so many peeps still get job without mma-madu .......... Yes, they were able to consolidate,present and prove how they can use what they learnt in solving Organisational problems or creating Opportunity for Organisation !!!

The above are those who valued education more than a means to make money but a means to solve societal problem while earning from using their brain !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 29, 2013
arm4u:

Our call is that the ''agric education'' should be geared towards solving the problem of hunger!

that I think should be the main reason for education!
Agric Education is already geared towards solving food/hunger problem in Nigeria !!!

Do u know how many Professors,Doctors,M.sc holders we had and are really working hard with little remuneration to recommend various measures by which Hunger/poverty can be strikened outa our life in Africa !!!

[b]We are the one that failed to consolidate the recommendation of Agric Science/Education Volume in providing solution to our Agricultural problems !!!

I studied Accounting , and I will blame myself if someone should ask me about Accounting related either in job interview or otherwise in solving their organisational problem and I am looking @ them as if what they are saying is strange ...... I won't blame Accountancy nor My Lecturers but MYSELF !!!

Because, when I checked accounting curriculum across the globe and compared with the note my lecturer gave me...... I discovered they have mentioned all [b]But may not be as Challenging as may be necessary due to time constraint among other Nigerian factors .........
!!

In so many recommendations per Topic in a course, each volume dichotomised ;
what is ''best practice'' ,

what is ''Applicable only in theory'' and ;

what actually ''Happens in Nigerian Society'' compared with ''what happens Abroad '' !!!

Therefore, I have been equipped to know the merit,demerit,limitation in practice of whatever approach am using to solve societal problems and threats !!!

It is all in my modules ...... So if I started telling my Interviewers who are expert in Accountancy, rubbish about a concept ..... Do u think they will employ me ?

My University ,Unilorin, is never expected to teach me all ..... No no no......I am expected to be guided by my tutors while developing myself ... That is the essence of a UNIVERSITY !!!

Op, so many people do not know the essence of education ......

Check around the world, all succesful people that lacks education ..... Who are the brain behind their Success ?
Na those people wey go school , while Rich man will only use Intuition to decipher wether ur approach(As an Educated man) will favor him or not after u have explained and analysed what,what and what Ur approach will be, how u will administered it,
and how beneficial it will be in providing solution to the need of papa uneducated business !!!

Why can't that uneducated illiterate moneyBag employ Illiterates like him to steer his company to success grin

Education is not Fraud but Average Nigerian is a Fraud !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
arm4u:

Opportunity is "favorable circumstances" right?

Well, hunger is a "favorable circumstance" for planting seeds and producing food. You can score me "zero", it does not matter!
Absolutely wrong

You have brought in "SWOT" to answer the hunger question, right? Please, pardon my ignorance but I did not employ any SWOT analysis (or maybe i did it unconsciously) before I started producing plantain in my house. .......... yes, everybody does ... Consciously, U only failed to realised what u re doing is SWOT because of IGNORANCE which u already seeked my pardon

I simply know that if I plant plantain, it will grow and produce food. I planted and it grew and produced and is still producing.

Now these men have this to say about opportunity:

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. - Winston Churchill

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Thomas A. Edison

When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.
John F. Kennedy

Everything negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.
Kobe Bryant

No great man ever complains of want of opportunity.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
Kyle Chandler

These are words of wisdom from experienced and matured men:
And you know what my friend? I believe them!

When I see hunger, I see nothing else but opportunity!
I am an Electronics Engr by training, I also have an MSc in Software Technology, I have an outfit of my own,as an IT and business consultant. But you know what? I have come to realize that we are not producing enough food. We have left food production for 'illiterate' farmers. My experience with plantain has thought me a lot.

Come next planting season, I will send some money home, to hire labour to plant corn and cassava and any other seed I can plant. You too should do the same.
Dude, ahahahahaha grin

U re really confused so much ..... And my conclusion is U are a lazy Nigerian who just sit within the comfort of his home and throw trash !!!

I once asked U , what have u contributed to knowledge ........ And a dude said, U opened this thread grin grin lol ..... U have contributed something !!! I lmao and Ignored him !!!

U know, before U open this kinda thread about Nigerian curricullum of education whether it provides volume for solving our societal proble or not ........ U really need critical research in not lesser than 20-50 Schools of all levels (primary,sec and uni) before U can conclude and come up with this thread !!!

But Here U are , U even quoted wise-men even with M.sc u still misapplied and misinterprete their quotes !!!

Now, who will pay me for analysing the above quotes to you, for christ sake !!!

How can Hunger be a favourable circumstances ...... Hunger is just a problem that need another favorable circumstances (Opportunity) to be solved !!!

The wise men all saying is that ''In the midst of problem,there is existing solution(opportunity) but na only people who get IQ go see the opportunity !!!

And that is exactly what Even ur course Engineer/IT will teach !!!

Lemme come to Engineer/IT for you ; pardon me, this aint my field ..... As what U re discussing is not ur field neither !!! But lets use common sense here ;

An Electrical circuit is giving an Organisation problem ........... And as an expert u re called to provide solution ......

When U reach the site, U discovered that all the wiring of the organisation is absolutely wrong which is an error committed by previous engineer ....

Also, U discovered that .... The copper (Pardon me here) used in wiring production department was X-model instead of Y-model since production department uses Heavy machines thus electrical surges always occur in that department !!

Conversely, the management's complex were all wired with Highly powered wires(I don't know generic name for such woulda give u one) which thus accumulates more power and lead to equipments in such complex burning among other surges !!!

U see, these are all problems, do u now want to tell me , electrical/electronics that u studied in University never proffer best solution to all these circumstances I mentioned above ? ...... Hmmmm ?

The circumstances mentioned above are the problems ............. The available solutions (which I believe are more than one in Engineering courses) are the various favorable circumstances to solve the concerned Organisation's problem!!!

Dude, U really need to write NIM exams before ARM !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 29, 2013
Again Op,

U are wrong for planting plantain, absolutely wrong !!!

Stop planting plantain and start buying ......

Yes, lemme teach U why ;

Under the concept of comparative advantage in economics , a nation(I reffered U as individual) should keep producing such product where u incured lesser marginal and opportunity cost than others'' regardless of whether U have absolute advantage over any person in the production of such good !!!

The lesson of the above is that ''live and lets live'' ........

Since U are an Electrical Electronic Engineer cum an IT expert with M.sc in Software ....... A consultant too haba .....

You surely have a comparative advantage in IT/electrical electronic over a plantain farmer who never learn IT nor ElectricalElctronics !!!

Therefore, concept of comparative advantage urge U to buy His plantain despite U having absolute advantage to even produce plaintain and let him also consult U in IT related to plaintain cultivation !!!

So that, U go chop, ihm too go chop !!! ...... Don't cripple plantain farmer

U see how I tey apply am now, na secondary School I learnt that in Economics ....... !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 9:20am On Aug 30, 2013
donroxy: U re absolutely wrong in your assertions above So is the Title of your thread, cuz u all muddled everything Up !!! yes, am not expecting less since u pure scientist are always like this when it come to adjudging social issues ....Engineering Maths,Physics and Chemistry not hold ground here But Political Science,Economics,BusAdmin and Philosophy !!!

ARM should be about sensitising Nigerian/Africans on the need to tapped into Opportunities provided by Education not otherwise .....[b]The Fraud called Education, How can Education be a Fraud ?[/b]

''we are told to go to school,get certificate and come out and get a job,We obeyed and went to school, got the certificate and then there are no jobs'' !

who told you all the above,Is it the government or the family as the first agent of socialisation,is that the orientation of an African man or Individual preference !!!

Have u checked the curriculum of courses in Nigerian Educational System and the modules therein were not tailored to providing solutions to Nigerian Problems !!!

See, Economics is the language of business ...... Accounting only measures the financial aspect therein either qualitatively or quantitavely, BusAdmin is meant to mobilise all factor of production and put it into effective and efficient uses while Political Scientist keep building bridges between the ''governors'' and the ''Governed'' , Philosophy is all about Reasonableness while History will tell U where we come from, where we are and likely occurence in future ..... Trend Analysis !!!

An Average Social Scientist must be tutored in few of those courses mentioned above as such, their practicability Abroad is never the same as here !!!

E.g Economics volume in theory and practice here in Nigeria is not same as England ..... If u applied Economic textbook written by an American detailing America social environment in Nigeria ...... U re bound to fail both in practice and theory !!! Simply cuz ,the social/physical environment differs!!!

But, U can learn from the abroad textbook, Africanised it by relating circumstances detailed to African context ...... Then bam, U may evolve ur own theory from there !!!

But Engineering and other pure science is the same all over the world .... Physics in Nigeria and England is same likewise anywhere !!!

Oya tell me ooo, Which among the social science courses mentioned above have u been tutored as an Engineer ? I don't think any, u just hear them ...... Therefore, it is not enough for u to conclude Education is a fraud, since u have not seen how modules/curricullum of the above courses were tailored in solving Nigerian Problems

Education is an individual preference, U shall decide for yourself what u wanna bring outa school .... While many Youths of Nigeria only see school as a Social Institution/Gathering for partying only few see it as an institution of learning and acquisition of knowledge !!!

U too , put up advert, call for Nigerian Youths for Job ...... Organise Aptitude test ......... People will pass now Organise Interview and decide for urself the result thereof ......Go back to the schools of various applicant and check the curriculum with which they are taught ....... See for urself who to blame .....!!!!

We are learning in class what our environment needed na we fail to consolidate in terms of application !!!

so many peeps still get job without mma-madu .......... Yes, they were able to consolidate,present and prove how they can use what they learnt in solving Organisational problems or creating Opportunity for Organisation !!!

The above are those who valued education more than a means to make money but a means to solve societal problem while earning from using their brain !!!

I think you actually have a problem with simple comprehension!
Go back through this thread and you will see, that the I have stated clearly more than once, that the title

"the fraud called Education" is sarcasm! You can look up the meaning.

Some one accused me of building a conspiracy theory against the white was if they "robbed" us by introducing education and I replied clearly that rather than build a conspiracy theory, I am exposing a "stupidity" theory against the black man who thinks that education is an end in itself instead of seeing education as a means to an end.

It is ironical that the illiterates are being creative, working hard in their little abilities to fend for themselves, while the educated are lazying about waiting for "opportunity" to baptise them with fortune!

If all you can deduce from the above stated is that ARM is against education, then I have no apologies! After all, I went back to see in this same thread where you apologized for misunderstanding the sarcastic approach to the topic. Why are you still confused about it?

In your own words: "ARM should be about sensitizing Nigerian/Africans on the need to tapped into Opportunities provided by Education not otherwise ...." ARM is not doing anything "otherwise", we are geared towards sensitizing Africans that "knowledge is not enough!". That education is not an "end" but rather a "means". We have challenges, and the purpose of education is to equip us with what it takes to face those challenges.

Our mission "To cause a Mental Revolution that will lead to Industrial Revolution in Africa" says it all.

Now, if you will keep going out of point, I might as well stop responding!
Cheers!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 9:48am On Aug 30, 2013
donroxy: Dude, ahahahahaha grin

U re really confused so much ..... And my conclusion is U are a lazy Nigerian who just sit within the comfort of his home and throw trash !!!

I once asked U , what have u contributed to knowledge ........ And a dude said, U opened this thread grin grin lol ..... U have contributed something !!! I lmao and Ignored him !!!

U know, before U open this kinda thread about Nigerian curricullum of education whether it provides volume for solving our societal proble or not ........ U really need critical research in not lesser than 20-50 Schools of all levels (primary,sec and uni) before U can conclude and come up with this thread !!!

But Here U are , U even quoted wise-men even with M.sc u still misapplied and misinterprete their quotes !!!

Now, who will pay me for analysing the above quotes to you, for christ sake !!!

How can Hunger be a favourable circumstances ...... Hunger is just a problem that need another favorable circumstances (Opportunity) to be solved !!!

The wise men all saying is that ''In the midst of problem,there is existing solution(opportunity) but na only people who get IQ go see the opportunity !!!

And that is exactly what Even ur course Engineer/IT will teach !!!

Lemme come to Engineer/IT for you ; pardon me, this aint my field ..... As what U re discussing is not ur field neither !!! But lets use common sense here ;

An Electrical circuit is giving an Organisation problem ........... And as an expert u re called to provide solution ......

When U reach the site, U discovered that all the wiring of the organisation is absolutely wrong which is an error committed by previous engineer ....

Also, U discovered that .... The copper (Pardon me here) used in wiring production department was X-model instead of Y-model since production department uses Heavy machines thus electrical surges always occur in that department !!

Conversely, the management's complex were all wired with Highly powered wires(I don't know generic name for such woulda give u one) which thus accumulates more power and lead to equipments in such complex burning among other surges !!!

U see, these are all problems, do u now want to tell me , electrical/electronics that u studied in University never proffer best solution to all these circumstances I mentioned above ? ...... Hmmmm ?

The circumstances mentioned above are the problems ............. The available solutions (which I believe are more than one in Engineering courses) are the various favorable circumstances to solve the concerned Organisation's problem!!!

Dude, U really need to write NIM exams before ARM !!!

One of the reasons some of us stay away from public debates at times is that the average Nigerian/African find it very hard to discuss intellectually with critical reasoning without resorting insults and throwing of tantrums!

From your point of view, "And my conclusion is U are a lazy Nigerian who just sit within the comfort of his home and throw trash !!!", well, I think you are exercising your freedom of speech, yet let me advice that in public forums such as this, decency and respect should be the watch word. You dont know me and i dont know you. Don't be too hasty to draw conclusions! It was the same mistake you made when you took the original post at the face value and could not see the sarcasm!

once more, you either out of haste to "put me right" or delibrately tried to derail the thread by your assertions like
"U know, before U open this kinda thread about Nigerian curricullum of education whether it provides volume for solving our societal proble or not ........ [b]U really need critical research in not lesser than 20-50 Schools of all levels (primary,sec and uni) before U can conclude and come up with this thread !!!"
[/b]

Bros, I don't know where you got this your idea from, because this thread has nothing to do with the curriculum of education! The thread is as simple as ABC: why is it that the things we have leant in school cannot not be applied to solve our problems. Why are the majority of the educated folding their hands and waiting for manner to fall from heaven? And I am saying it with fear or favour that the bulk of the burden our economy is from the educated. The illiterates are taken initiatives, me thinks the educated should take more and not to sit down waiting for the "smiling face of opportunity" to beacon on them and shower financial blessings simply because they are "educated".

Here your own words:

The wise men all saying is that ''In the midst of problem,there is existing solution(opportunity) but na only people who get IQ go see the opportunity !

So in the midst of hunger (problem), there is existing solution (opportunity).
Please, what is the different from what I have said? That when I see hunger (problem), I look deeper and see the embedded opportunity!.

You see my dear, you are the one actually mixing things up because you are more interested in your definitions and the correctness of your syntax that you are just moving round and round without saying anything different.

I have told you that if there is any problem here, it has to do with mere semantics and honestly speaking, I am not interested in it. It want solutions!

Emm, please, he job of the Electrical/Engineer is mostly to design and produce electrical systems and devices. The problem you discussed above is more of a technicians job. Unfortunately, almost all our electrical systems and devices are imported, so our engineers have nothing to do, than to learn repairs!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by arm4u: 9:59am On Aug 30, 2013
donroxy: Again Op,

U are wrong for planting plantain, absolutely wrong !!!

Stop planting plantain and start buying ......

Yes, lemme teach U why ;

Under the concept of comparative advantage in economics , a nation(I reffered U as individual) should keep producing such product where u incured lesser marginal and opportunity cost than others'' regardless of whether U have absolute advantage over any person in the production of such good !!!

The lesson of the above is that ''live and lets live'' ........

Since U are an Electrical Electronic Engineer cum an IT expert with M.sc in Software ....... A consultant too haba .....

You surely have a comparative advantage in IT/electrical electronic over a plantain farmer who never learn IT nor ElectricalElctronics !!!

Therefore, concept of comparative advantage urge U to buy His plantain despite U having absolute advantage to even produce plaintain and let him also consult U in IT related to plaintain cultivation !!!

So that, U go chop, ihm too go chop !!! ...... Don't cripple plantain farmer

U see how I tey apply am now, na secondary School I learnt that in Economics ....... !!!

You can continue with your delusion of "academic jargons"!
There is not enough food in Nigeria. The population is growing but the population of those producing food is reducing. It did not cost me a dime to transfer the plantain tree to my small farm! And it was fun doing it.

And do you know what? I have not even thought of going commercial, but your "jargons" are challenging me to do more! I will be glad when my children will come back from school and tell me how they went for an excursion at a plantain plantation that covers some acres of land and such like places. Then and only then will I accept that the food production sector has come alive.

Mean while you continue in your jargons, I am gladly offering you a head of plantain from my little farm.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ok Dude,
Thanks for your time and Sarcasm !!!U don't need sarcasm in proving some assertions !!!

Lets assume u re being invited to a conference or symposium as Key Speaker trying to cause mental revolution in Africa and your title read ;

The Fraud called Education,why are African so dumb ?
and the BS you put on the original post were delivered as your Lecture Note as follows ;

[b]The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb?

by arm4u:6:01pmOnAug 19

What is Education?

Why do we go to school?

What do we achieve as educated people?

This is the story of Africa!

The colonialists came, they met us farming.

''They asked us to drop our farming implements''.

They promised us education!

We dropped our cutlasses and our hoes.

We followed them to school.

They thought us their languages.

Then they asked us to bring our books and pens!

They they asked us:

1. What is Agriculture? (As if we did not know)

2. What is farming? (That was what were doing before they came)

3. Mention 2 farming implements (As if we never knew: The difference was the names we called them)

4. Draw hoe (But our fathers gave us hoes and showed us how to use it)

5. Name 5 cash crops (but our fathers gave us those crops to go and sell and bring back cash)

6. What soil is good for farming? (As if wewere farming on gravels before they came)

7. on and on and on, it went.

They asked us things we already knew before they came, the only ''difference'' was the language!

Then we answered there questions"correctly"!
They clapped for us and gave us papers called "Certificates".

Then we came home with our papers butthe damage has been done!

We have lost interest in farming! We have stopped growing our food.

We are "educated" and not "illiterates": sowe can't do "dirty" jobs like farming.

We are wearing suits and ties, speaking English but we can't produce food anymore.

Today Africa is suffering. We are hungry!

The little food we have are produced by the "old dirty illiterates".

The rest of the food we must import fromthe 1st world countries.

Why are Africans so dumb?
It is time to wise up and rise up.
Africa must stop food importation!
Join us in ARM!
The African Revolutionary Movement

Our campaign is that of a mental revolution!.
www.facebook.com/arm4good
info2.arm@ gmail.com
( Quote) ( Report)5 Likes( Like)[/b]

U put up a critics against Oyinbo education and u are here telling me it is a sarcasm ..... Thats exactly what BokoHaram are doing !!!

Where in your article above did u suggest we should consolidate what Oyinbo Education taught us with our value

And after delivering the above u now say to your audience that is just ''Sarcasm'' ooo, I don't mean it that way

WTF dude, u won't see many peeps on seat before u round-up !!!

The Topic/Title/subject U brought is an academic discussion bothering Social Issue ........... On Education ...... !!!

U highlighted how Education has made us drop our hoes and cutlasses but rendered us chasing papers called Certificate ,
U said Oyinbo were asking Us Farm implements as if Our papa never teach us farm imlement before among other BS in ur Op !!!

''They asked us to drop our farming implements''.
They promised us education''

This is absolute Falsehood ..... Refer me to any Book or Historic scenario where Oyibo asked our father the above ......

2. Refer me to any ''Oyinbo education'' that suggest we should drop out of farm ....

Is Oyinbo himself not farming ?

I now asked U , '' does Education brought by whites actually asked or Suggest we should drop our hoes ,cutlasses,crops[/b] abi na we drop them ?

Ok bros akpors sarcasm, drop your certificate for house and go farming !!!

U re just jumping around the bush .....

1. U claimed Agric Science education doesn't teach agric scientist how to solve agric problems in Nigeria .......Is that not a lie .... And I asked U ''Have U seen Agric Science curricullum before ? now,U have concluded that Agric Science is not tailored to solve agric problem in Nigeria ,haba !!

2. U claimed Oyinbo took ur value away by substituting it with Education Is that not another lie

Dude, Go and write NIM exams ; Nigerian Institute of Management after which U can launch ARM !!!

U don't have many knowledge on what u re delving into .....I even brought it to your notice and u put up defensive mode instead of acknowledging my views !!!

Founder ARM,it seems u re more concerned about that as an individualistic man !!!

I even brought concept of comparative advantage, u tagged it academic jargon Now tell me, if Concept of Comparative advantage which is mere be your ''brothers keeper'' is not in our forefathers curricullum !!

But since I called it ''comparative advantage'' e com be problem'' !!!

Na so Oyinbo people talk, dem say ''when U wanto hide sonthing for an AfricanMan Forever,Just put am for written/book !!!

Abegi jare !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
1.''They thoupght us their languages.'' hmmmm ?

They asked us things we already knew before they came, Lie, na Lie !!! We don't know most things before dem come ..... They taught us many new things in Agric among other sphere of life !!

the only ''difference'' was the language! grin lie ..... Language is more than the difference ..... ''KNOWLEDGE Base'' differs !!

Oyinbo's brain is not superior to our brain ..... But his value system has made life easier than my value system !!! we need to learn and consolidate

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Op, all your assertions suggests we have been ''BrainWashed'' by Oyinbo system(Education) .... And I said Na Lie !!

My forefathers thought ''the world begins and end in their village'' ....... Now I know better !!!

''my Forefathers believe without rain falling from heaven,we shall not eat that year '' Now, there is artificial lake and irrigation system

Insects,rodents among other animals were impediments to the crops of my forefathers, now Insecticide and perimeter fence has ben deployed to fight against such

My forefathers really suffered by bending down to cultivate more than 10 Hectares of land with crude farm implements now Tractor among other sophisticated tools does it better !!!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Op, U and I are not saying the same thing oooo ........ !!!
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by kingston277(m): 10:25pm On Dec 08, 2013
baby-boy:

Look Civilisation started in Egypt, (Acts 7:22 And Moses was learned in all the wisdom of the Egyptians) but am sorry Civilisation was taken towards the east into old Europe.

Tell me how can a white man give an African King a mirror in exchange for diamonds?
Show us where this map indicates civilization went east

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by kingston277(m): 10:31pm On Dec 08, 2013
Kay-Dee:

The white man practices the same education and is putting it to good use. Even with all the oil in Texas, they have very large farms and are producing food, same cannot be said of our dear Nigeria. Did the so called white man teach us to use education in a different way ?

White man taught africa that the earth was flat and taught the dogons sirius B didn't exist. He sure seems to be putting his knowledge to good use ,huh?
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by kingston277(m): 10:37pm On Dec 08, 2013
The OP is non-Islamic Boko Haram grin
The whites enhanced our knowledge base, but we seriously lack WISDOM to implement the knowledge we have!
Nobody can teach you wisdom.
Read the Op's entry again
'bout enhancing knowledge base angry. African knew the earth and the universe was round and had superior metallurgy tech until the 19th century.
Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by kingston277(m): 10:45pm On Dec 08, 2013
tpia@:
@ thread title:

you need education to build this:

Africans used to be able to build this until "education" came:

Re: The Fraud Called Education: Why Are Africans So Dumb? by kingston277(m): 10:54pm On Dec 08, 2013
Too Many slaves on this thread regurgitating what their colonial education system has taught them. This is exactly what the op is talking about. Don't speak just watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_09O9BVGpw

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojukwu Is A Blood Sucker While The Igbos Are Slaves In Nigeria-EDWIN CLARKE 2003 / Personality Profile: Alfred Diete-spiff Nigerias' Youngest Military Governor / See The EVIL Someone Posted About President Buhari(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 172
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.