Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel (15509 Views)

PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa. / Cloud In The Shape Of An Angel Seen In Pretoria, South Africa / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 19, 2013
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
frosbel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyw447qnFLw

frosbel, sorry i dont have time to watch videos, i believe in writting facts that cannot be changed, state your facts clearly with bible verses

thanks for your time

waiting for written facts that back up your claim!

5 Likes

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by mcfynest(m): 11:50pm On Aug 19, 2013
same here
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by PastorKun(m): 6:18am On Aug 20, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

frosbel, sorry i dont have time to watch videos, i believe in writting facts that cannot be changed, state your facts clearly with bible verses

thanks for your time

You seem to have slowed down on the heat you were giving olaadegbu/deeperlife. You actually hounded him out of the forum grin
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Tgirl4real(f): 6:25am On Aug 20, 2013
Frosbel,

You've started again with youtube videos. lol

I don't have data to watch video now and I was so looking forward to the teaching when I opened the thread.

Good morning.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 20, 2013
Tgirl4real: Frosbel,

You've started again with youtube videos. lol

I don't have data to watch video now and I was so looking forward to the teaching when I opened the thread.

Good morning.

Morning Sis.

I will try (time permitting ) to post the transcript or a summary of video sometime today.

Thanks.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Tgirl4real(f): 7:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
OK. Waiting...
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tgirl4real: OK. Waiting...

Sorry for the long wait, been dealing with other Tithe matters grin.

Anyway , here goes :

In summary , Jesus Christ did not pre-exist as an Angel, it is quite preposterous to make such a suggestion.

Jesus Christ came into existence ONCE not TWICE , he was begotten on a specific day through a Woman as prophesied.

As Paul very succinctly put it :

4 Then in the fullness of time, God sent his Son, born of woman, born under the Law,
5 in order that he might purchase freedom for the subjects of the Law, so that we might attain the status of sons.- Galatians 4:4-5

It requires a great amount of scripture twisting to suggest another non-existent existence , that Jesus experienced other than that narrated in the gospels.

If we say he was an angel , that immediately nullifies the following scripture :

"For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people." - Hebrews 2:17

Just like the Trinity, you would have to stretch the truth a little ,to conclude that Jesus pre-existed as a spirit being.

The basic truth it that the Messiah was and is a MAN , the second Adam , the first-born of all creation,

Example of his new creation :

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10

GOD Almighty , is making all things new in Jesus Christ.

Lastly, if we suggest that Jesus was a spirit that came into a body, this means that Jesus inhabited a body which according to the Trinitarians would normally have another spirit, making it 2 spirits and hence 2 beings etc. It starts to get very chaotic when we consider various permutations of what the implications are of the constitution of Jesus , if we adhere to these pagan myths of incarnation.

The truth is that Jesus is the Son of God , who had a beginning , who obeyed his father all the way to cross and is now glorified , we are to follow in his footsteps in obedience to the Father and inherit as a reward, a tangible and literal everlasting kingdom on this earth where Jesus is the eternal King.

Peace.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by PastorOluT(m): 3:03am On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:

Anyway , here goes :

In summary , Jesus Christ did not pre-exist as an Angel, it is quite preposterous to make such a suggestion.

Jesus Christ came into existence ONCE not TWICE , he was begotten on a specific day through a Woman as prophesied.

4 Then in the fullness of time, God sent his Son, born of woman, born under the Law,
5 in order that he might purchase freedom for the subjects of the Law, so that we might attain the status of sons.- Galatians 4:4-5

It requires a great amount of scripture twisting to suggest another non-existent existence , that Jesus experienced other than that narrated in the gospels.

If we say he was an angel , that immediately nullifies the following scripture :

"For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people." - Hebrews 2:17

Just like the Trinity, you would have to stretch the truth a little ,to conclude that Jesus pre-existed as a spirit being.

The basic truth it that the Messiah was and is a MAN , the second Adam , the first-born of all creation,

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3

"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." - Ephesians 2:10

Lastly, if we suggest that Jesus was a spirit that came into a body, this means that Jesus inhabited a body which according to the Trinitarians would normally have another spirit, making it 2 spirits and hence 2 beings etc. It starts to get very chaotic when we consider various permutations of what the implications are of the constitution of Jesus , if we adhere to these pagan myths of incarnation.

The truth is that Jesus is the Son of God , who had a beginning , who obeyed his father all the way to cross and is now glorified , we are to follow in his footsteps in obedience to the Father and inherit as a reward, a tangible and literal everlasting kingdom on this earth where Jesus is the eternal King.

Peace.

No true Christian would ever say Jesus was an angel, and if any does it shows his/her ignorance. The bible clearly teaches Jesus preexistence before His birth, I just wonder why u never want to accept despite all the scriptures staring u in the face. Just to leave u with another one, Micah 5:2 You Bethlehem Ephrathah, are too small to be included among Judah's cities. Yet from you Israel's future ruler will come for me. His origin go back to distant past, to days long ago (God's word version).

3 Likes

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by PastorKun(m): 6:31am On Aug 22, 2013
@frosbel
Much as I agree with you on most issues, I still find it baffling why you refuse to accept biblical stated facts and even logical issue of the pre existence of Jesus as the son of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by BERNIMOORE: 7:35am On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:

Anyway , here goes :

Peace.

are you done? honestly your points here are without substance, i tried not to argue with you because we agree in some areas, but anyway i will point out some things.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Emusan(m): 7:41am On Aug 22, 2013
Here we are again on pre-existence of Jesus Christ, like @Pastor T has said "No true Christian would ever say Jesus was an angel, and if any does it shows his/her ignorance."

Jesus Himself comfronted people about His pre-existence: John 6:62 "What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before?"

John the Baptist also made it clear in two different occasions: John 1:15 "15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me."

John 1:30 "This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me."

I believe we all know that John the Baptist was born before Jesus, how come he said Jesus was before him?

Who this verse John 1:10 is talking about Yehweh or Yeshua?

John 1:10 "10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not."

I think the question you should ask yourself is, who Jesus is when He was in heaven?
Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by PastorOluT(m): 8:08am On Aug 22, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

are you done? honestly your points here are without substance, i tried not to argue with you because we agree in some areas, but anyway i will point out some things.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by PastorOluT(m): 8:10am On Aug 22, 2013
@Emusan rightly said.
Good morning bro, I will want to believe ur week has been going smoothly.

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Kun: @frosbel
Much as I agree with you on most issues, I still find it baffling why you refuse to accept biblical stated facts and even logical issue of the pre existence of Jesus as the son of God.

Hi Bro, Jesus did not pre-exist if we are to be honest. At work at the moment, later on , I will explain my position in more detail, especially in response to Emusan's update.

Thanks.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by mcfynest(m): 9:06am On Aug 22, 2013
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Jesus didnt pre exist as human, instead he pre-existed as the word. in the passage above, we see john saying that the word existed from the beginning,this beginning is not God [since God does not have a beginning],it was talking about the beginning of all thing. that doesnt mean that the word existed at the beginning, but before the beginning.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

now, the word that has existed from the beginning was made flesh. i.e it became human.
i believe this is self explanatory.....

on the issue whether Jesus was an angel, i will ask you a question. pls interprete this verse.....
Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Tgirl4real(f): 9:26am On Aug 22, 2013
Thanks for the summary...

Hmmm...

Saying something 'came into existence' in this physical world at a time doesn't mean it did not preexisted as something else in another realm. It just tells you when it became physical.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Tgirl4real(f): 9:51am On Aug 22, 2013
I this case, scriptures tell us he pre-existed as The WORD.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Enigma(m): 10:09am On Aug 22, 2013
Tgirl4real: I this case, scriptures tell us he pre-existed as The WORD.

Tgirl4real

As a matter of simple comprehension, i.e. simple ability to read and understand, only people with very poor comprehension (or even dunces) will say that the Bible does not teach that Jesus preexisted his human existence/incarnation.

Ask anyone who is not even a Christian but who is able to read and understand, to study the relevant passages and, if they are answering with good comprehension and honesty, they will inevitably conclude that according to the Bible, Jesus Christ preexisted.

Now note that they don't have to believe it! They can say: well, the Bible says so but I don't believe it. Now that would be a quite honest stance! To say the Bible does not teach Christ's preexistence is simply an idiotic stance.

There are some people who have a diabolical agenda and who therefore look for all sorts of crazy and disingenuous ways to interprete the Bible to say that Christ did not exist. The sad thing is that some professing Christians are fooled by these people because they lack the capacity to think properly or because they are too emotive and attached to a particular emotional position and are incapable of critically reexamining that position or also, unfortunately, simply because they are dunces.

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2013
^

Just because ALMIGHTY Enigma says so , does not lend any credence to the Paganism of this Myth. smiley

I intend to put this matter to rest once and for all at some point today.

For now wallow in your perceived intellectualism , as if that is supposed to make us 'dunces' shut up and say YES to your heresy. grin

Let me add, if you are up for it, and provided you do not resort to your usual conceited boasts, let us have this debate.

smiley
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by mcfynest(m): 10:16am On Aug 22, 2013
Tgirl4real: I this case, scriptures tell us he pre-existed as The WORD.

EXACTLY MY POINT TGIRL,
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Tgirl4real(f): 10:28am On Aug 22, 2013
Lol @ Enigma and Frosbel.

I actually did laugh. grin grin

@ Enigma,

Hi, it's been a while. Thanks for accepting the invite. You should know what... smiley

Looking forward to a balanced teaching inspired by the Holy Spirit from all the teachers. I pray you all yield yourselves as an instrument to be used by God.

Shalom!
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 22, 2013
My first few questions to Enigma and indeed the house are :

1. Why did Jesus have to pre-exist
2. What connection is there between the pre-existence of Jesus and our salvation
3. how do you relate his pre-existence to Isaiah 11:10 and Romans 15:12

Please respond point by point, haphazard replies will be ignored.

Thanks.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Enigma(m): 10:43am On Aug 22, 2013
Tgirl4real: Lol @ Enigma and Frosbel.

I actually did laugh. grin grin

@ Enigma,

Hi, it's been a while. Thanks for accepting the invite. You should know what... smiley

Looking forward to a balanced teaching inspired by the Holy Spirit from all the teachers. I pray you all yield yourselves as an instrument to be used by God.

Shalom!

Yes indeed, I do know what ..... and you can guess that I'm looking forward to it. smiley
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Joagbaje(m): 11:01am On Aug 22, 2013
Jesus was not there from the beginning as a separate person from God . Jesus emergence came with regards to mans salvation as a second Adam .

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Emusan(m): 11:12am On Aug 22, 2013
Pastor Olu T: @Emusan rightly said.
Good morning bro, I will want to believe ur week has been going smoothly.

Thanks! Yea by His grace and you also?

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Emusan(m): 11:29am On Aug 22, 2013
These are the type of question I'm expecting from @Frosbel his like since.

frosbel: My first few questions to Enigma and indeed the house are :
2. What connection is there between the pre-existence of Jesus and our salvation

Please respond point by point, haphazard replies will be ignored.

Thanks.

Give details when I get home.
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Tgirl4real(f): 12:57pm On Aug 22, 2013
Well, let me try in my limited knowledge...

frosbel: My first few questions to Enigma and indeed the house are :

I doubt there is a why. He existed with God from the beginning, so, God will be in a better position to answer that. grin grin

God paid the price to God.

This shows his eartly lineage. How he was to become man and make a way for the gentiles to be saved.

He wasn't gonna jump down from the sky, he has to be born of a woman to be a man and exist on earth as a human.

Ok, letz me leave the scholars to answer. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by PastorOluT(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Emusan:

Thanks! Yea by His grace and you also?
Doing great myself by His grace
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
BERNIMOORE:

thanks for your time

Bernimoore you did not watch the Video because of
1: your 10 mega byte mtn data plan will expire
2: your socalled faithful and discrete slave ask you not to watch it because they add the phrase "apostate" to it...

1 Like

Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by Nobody: 1:30pm On Aug 22, 2013
[quote author=Tgirl4real]Well, let me try in my limited knowledge...

I doubt there is a why. He existed with God from the beginning, so, God will be in a better position to answer that. grin grin

He existed with GOD from the beginning.

Now you have made a distinction between God and He which is Jesus , meaning 2 Persons, thus 2 Gods.

God paid the price to God

Not according to scripture.

The Son paid the price, not the GOD.

It took another MAN to undo what the first MAN did.

Wow !! Can't believe you made this statement.

This shows his eartly lineage. How he was to become man and make a way for the gentiles to be saved.

He wasn't gonna jump down from the sky, he has to be born of a woman to be a man and exist on earth as a human

Okay . let's review your logic.

God himself came down from the sky into the body of a MAN which was void of other constituents of a real MAN , i.e the spirit & soul, or if you say no , then we have 2 spirits, one soul and one body

A number of questions then :

1. If God came down from the sky into the inanimate body of a MAN :

- Who ruled the universe in his absence ?
- How come he was unaware of his environment from birth, was this God spirit in this body in a state of oblivion ?
- How come this GOD who was a MAN had to be anointed by another GOD who is spirit ?
- How come this GOD who was a MAN depended on another GOD who is spirit for his education, deliverance and exaltation ?

2. What throne did Jesus sit on in his pre-existent state, since there is only ONE throne in heaven.

3. What name was Jesus known as in his pre existent state ?

4. How could Jesus be a descendent of David if only the body is being considered, void of a spirit and soul , i.e only the god spirit is present according to your theory of incarnation ?

Waiting.

smiley
Re: Why Jesus, The Son Of God, Is NOT An Angel by benalvino(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2013
frosbel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyw447qnFLw

HAHAHA so you get all your points from Sir Anthony Farquhar Buzzard. I follow this guy. He always loses his debates

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

How Do You Feel When You Fall Under The Anointing / What Happens To Those Who Did Evil To Fulfill The Scriptures ? / Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.