Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,934 members, 7,806,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? (20125 Views)

How Many Source Of Income Do You Have? / More Than 70 Percent Of Women In Nigeria Use Skin Whitening Creams..al Jazeera / 50 Percent Of Nigeria's Population Registered To Vote. Is This Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by kevoh(m): 5:12pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dempsy: I save 100k monthly...sometimes more bt cant be lower than that...
That's 5%,10% or 30%? Read the title of the thread well.

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by neey1051(m): 6:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
grin grin grin
Yoshi-Master:
On a regular day, 25% is fine.

However, when u earn 18k min wage in Nigeria, and have to spend 500 naira a day for transport only, leaving about 6k behind, the math starts getting a bit fuzzy.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by wonderfulson: 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is a very good and intelligent question.It is quite unfortunate that most people dont believe in this life-transforming act called 'saving'.Every man that aspire to acquire a mouth-watering wealth must cultivate the act of saving. No matter what,at least one-tenth of your earnings must go for savings. This act requires determination and discipline for it to yield much fruit. I want to appeal to everyone that dont take this serious to have a rethink because ''YOU ARE WHAT YOU SAVE''. Your real you is your savings and not the cash in your pocket that can dissappear at anytime even sometimes on unneccessary things.Your savings is your true definition. Savings is most of the time meant for investment or important project that cannot be achieved within a short time so before you start saving, you first write down what you want the money to do for you as this will serve as a drive for you to save whenever income comes. You cannot be better than your peers and get nominated among the richest persons in your continent if you have not discover the great power that savings brings if you dont believe, try ask the richest men that you know.'LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR MONEY WORK FOR YOU THROUGH SAVING'. Dont argue yet just try it.

4 Likes

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by wonderfulson: 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2013
This is a very good and intelligent question.It is quite unfortunate that most people dont believe in this life-transforming act called 'saving'.Every man that aspire to acquire a mouth-watering wealth must cultivate the act of saving. No matter what,at least one-tenth of your earnings must go for savings. This act requires determination and discipline for it to yield much fruit. I want to appeal to everyone that dont take this serious to have a rethink because ''YOU ARE WHAT YOU SAVE''. Your real you is your savings and not the cash in your pocket that can dissappear at anytime even sometimes on unneccessary things.Your savings is your true definition. Savings is most of the time meant for investment or important project that cannot be achieved within a short time so before you start saving, you first write down what you want the money to do for you as this will serve as a drive for you to save whenever income comes. You cannot be better than your peers and get nominated among the richest persons in your continent if you have not discover the great power that savings brings if you dont believe, try ask the richest men that you know.'LEARN HOW TO MAKE YOUR MONEY WORK FOR YOU THROUGH SAVING'. Dont argue yet just try it.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by kevoh(m): 6:39pm On Aug 20, 2013
abbey2812: I'm not discouraging anybody here on saving part of his or her but l would love to refer you to go and read Robert kiyosaki book titled..'What Rich invest in that middle class and poor don't' ...good luck.
Bros, U mean the same dude that filed for bankruptcy last year? I wouldn't take any advice from him if he couldn't take his own advice, he's just a salesman trying to sell his books my brother. Better get on the 'savings team' wagon.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Manlado: 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
pelusi: All these ,i save this i save that,i hope people are telling us the truth.For example a family man of one hundred thousand naira monthly,no allowances and works in VI,and spends at least N400 to N500 daily on transport alone,caters for the family,manages to live in badore axxis of lekki,and pays a house rent of N300,000 for just a room and parlour annually.No medical allowance,housing,transport etc,all is just the one hundred thousand naira.Yet he atimes attends to his parents needs.My people lets be sincere,can this man even save anything?.Note annual accomodation is like removing or saving N25000-30,000.Transport is roughly N15,000.Breaking this further 30,000 + 15,000,you notice that this has come down to 55k monthly.Can 55k sort out atleast 90% of the above mentioned expenses considering living in lekki axxis.It is very difficult for this kind person to save.Alternatively,let somebody give me a break down on how such person can save,because i was suprised seeing people here mentioning they save 20%,30%,etc even 80 % of their salary.Thanks.

My first question to aide your inquiry is : if the company decides to reduce salary to 90% would you continue to work or quit?

If the answer is 'no'
Then start saving 10%

Look for ways to cut cost.
Stop making long calls
Don't by expensive outfit.
Use a cheap phone.
Join other colleagues to reduce transport cost.
Rally someone in your office to shop for you where things are cheaper.
Eating healthy can save cost. ( No 'Mr. Biggs)
Don't do bigman.
Always work with a budget and stick to it.

Find a way, am sure you can and will.
It's the only way to reap the fruit of your labour.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
I save 20% of my salary as soon as I get alert. Then at then end of d month, I look at what's left from the remaining 80% and decide whether to buy a new shoe/dress/massage coupon etc or just add it to my monthly savings. undecided smiley

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by suze(f): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
I save 50%

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by ukandi1(m): 9:17pm On Aug 20, 2013
Bunchers stab: u shud ask me if my salary is enof 4 me cry cry cry

hahahahhahahahahaha.....
bros, u de vex oh
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by 0monnak0da: 9:37pm On Aug 20, 2013
200%.I save everything and take from my neighbour grin
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by emwye(m): 9:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
Naija people get money sha!
Are these figures calculated from your gross annual earnings before deductions (health insurance, retirement & taxes) or net because I'm MEGA impressed by these 50 - 90% values i'm seeing here. You guys must be making bank. 90% sha?? That paycheck must be some really juicy one. Abeg do make me sef fit save 90 % oh!

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by koolguy88(m): 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2013
savings is important. save at least 10% of your monthly pay.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by UIA04(f): 10:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Bunchers stab: u shud ask me if my salary is enof 4 me cry cry cry
salaries are never enof we need to try to save up 4 the future nd probably invest wot uve saved it pays
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
20% for Leisure 30% for Investment.

50% gets saved Up!

One Just have to balance the sheets.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by gloriana(f): 10:54pm On Aug 20, 2013
ighoosagie: not specific. I'd rather spend all 4 somethin dan save all 4 noting.

Life is short my dear
it dpends on wat u r spendin it on. Pls spend wisely. its stil far beta dan savin wisely
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by trolling(m): 11:08pm On Aug 20, 2013
why would you wanna save fiat currency,i pay my bills then enjoy my soul....reminds me of the fool in the bible who said he would save and enjoy for the years to come...guess what his life was taken that night,now who is gonna spend that money
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 21, 2013
trolling: why would you wanna save fiat currency,i pay my bills then enjoy my soul....reminds me of the fool in the bible who said he would save and enjoy for the years to come...guess what his life was taken that night,now who is gonna spend that money

You can still enjoy yourself AND save money.

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 1:32am On Aug 21, 2013
Manlado:

My first question to aide your inquiry is : if the company decides to reduce salary to 90% would you continue to work or quit?

If the answer is 'no'
Then start saving 10%

Look for ways to cut cost.
Stop making long calls
Don't by expensive outfit.
Use a cheap phone.
Join other colleagues to reduce transport cost.
Rally someone in your office to shop for you where things are cheaper.
Eating healthy can save cost. ( No 'Mr. Biggs)
Don't do bigman.
Always work with a budget and stick to it.

Find a way, am sure you can and will.
It's the only way to reap the fruit of your labour.
is it wen u come back in ur oda life u'd start using good stuffs n makin urself look expensive?

Check my signature,

I do wat mks me happy
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by bigpastor(m): 4:48am On Aug 21, 2013
phil5: 700k
You were asked percent and not naira
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by trolling(m): 5:26am On Aug 21, 2013
SniperInADiaper:

You can still enjoy yourself AND save money.
i do save but its just for bills, u just dont know what China has in store for the dollar,when that time comes,you'll remember me, mark my post and this topic, this should be an eye opener for you that is if you do your research wink
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 21, 2013
roaringlamb01:

That may sound wise to you... But it really is stupid.
You can't live like dt. I can assume from your statement that you have no plans for the future.
Everyone MUST save..
d future is now
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by ektbear: 7:21am On Aug 21, 2013
40%+. But this is relatively easy for me, since I don't have any major expenses (just rent, food and entertainment).
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 21, 2013
ighoosagie: d future is now

Stop abusing that notion nut-case, the future is now doesnt literally mean that u have to spend all ur Income and pay a deaf ear to Savings.

The future Is now statement has got to do with predicting what would happen in subsequent years, therefore, stressing the need to work towards them at the moment.
Hybrid Cars, Dvr technology, Iphones, practical Jetsons-style video chat were all predicted in the last 20yrs, that future-dream was seen worked towards to by great minds.

A man that doesnt invest and save have got no future, u'd leave the earth leaving no Legacy behind but jxt ur stales words to be relived.

1 Like

Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by tcoach(m): 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2013
60 percent, though still single i guess that is why i cope easily.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by roaringlamb01(m): 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2013
Tinkybabe: Investment is a type of saving, why aren't people seeing it in that light . savings with interest if you like
As a matter of fact investment is the best form of saving.

For me, I save as much as possible so as to invest in something tangible.

Yes. I agree with you... That money isn't just saved. It is multiplying, no matter how little. But only wise investments o.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by roaringlamb01(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
Does anyone have an idea on fixed deposit interests rate?
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2013
Nosyke:

At the moment, I am saving between 65 % and 72 % monthly. Well, I am actually saving for a project which I need to complete by October. After that, I wil go back to 60%. Its not been funny sha but once i am done with the project, it will be worth it.
Before you ask, I am still very much single but not searching, dont drink, dont smoke nor womanise. grin grin grin

Continues sipping my fanta
grin grin

lol
Is d project suppose to mean traditional wedding?
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by smartg(m): 12:45am On Aug 22, 2013
Planning to resign before retirement. Not as if am earning so much, but i still manage to save 75% of my income monthly. I narrow down all other expenses to d 25% left. And i live as if my total earnings is just d 25%. Am doing this with targets in my mind and for certain period of time.
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by bluezeski(m): 11:38am On Aug 22, 2013
[na u people de make pastors rich and famous? i hope the tithe u pay will enable yr children attend convenant university or redeemed university when they are ripe... think... its about point something million per semester (school fees alone)...
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by dsaynt: 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ma people. I am impressed o! All these savings...60,70,80 some even 90%. Do you guys live in naiaj at all? Me I dey save small sha. I save about 10% cash for rainy days. I save 15% for investments. I pay 10% of my gross as tithe. so I guess its only 25% I save. But then I also put 18% into a joint saving with my wife (is that savings? Lol). expenses dey chop plenty o! I've tried my possible best to reduce my expenses and would welcome ideas if possible. I don't party or drink or chase women. Nepa doesn't help, office is far from home so plenty fuel,9% of my pay is spent on family/dependants,Salary is just there...nothing spectacular. In short I don tire for this rat race o! I may join politics soon....more money there. Lol
Re: What Percent Of Your Income Do You Save Monthly? by kolamilan(m): 11:23am On Aug 23, 2013
toorich: Last year, i started paying Tithes of 10% on my monthly gross out of my little pay: i was promoted twice within a year in the same company without appraisal. today i am paid in foreign currency, i don't incur any expense cos all expenses paid by my company. in summary, i only pay 10% of my gross pay as tithe out of my income,the bulk is saved for any charity or investment i decide.
people sef, wetin dem ask you wetin you dey talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16 Facts About Nigeria Men / Nairaland Sold To A Foreign Investor / Seun still in Charge? / Chinese Doctors Bowing Down To A 11 Year Old Boy Who Donated His Organs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.