Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha (529 Views)

"How I Met & Fell In Love With Rotimi Amaechi" - His Wife, Judith / Abiola's Wife Refused To Collect Form-; PDP / Patience - Amaechi And His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by Tupacx: 8:40am On Aug 20, 2013
OFFICE OF THE FIRST LADY, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

PRESS RELEASE

Leave Me Out of Rivers State Politics – First Lady
The attention of the First Lady, Dame Patience Jonathan, has been drawn to reports carried in some sections of the media alleging that top officials of the Rivers government, including the Deputy Governor Tele Ikuru who came to receive the First Lady, were shielded from Dame Jonathan on her arrival at Port Harcourt International Airport yesterday, (18/08/2013). Some of the media reports went to the extent of alleging that Dame Jonathan “snubbed” the Deputy Governor.

It is important to set the record straight in order to prevent the public from being misled. The First Lady arrived in Rivers State yesterday for a private visit, to make arrangements for the burial of her late mother with members of her extended family.

Customarily, the wife of the State Governor receives the First Lady whenever she visits any state. That is why the wife of Bayelsa State Governor traveled from Yenagoa to receive the First Lady. Ordinarily, one would have expected the same complement from the wife of the Rivers State Governor.

It is instructive to note that since the death of Mrs. Charity Oba, the mother of the First Lady, several groups and individuals from across the country have come to condole the First Family at the State House, Abuja. They include Executive State Governors and their wives from all the political divides; Nigeria’s former Presidents and Heads of State and their wives, captains of industry, female Ambassadors and High Commissioners of Nigeria, other members of the diplomatic corps, royal fathers and traditional leaders – the list is too numerous to call. However, the Governor and the wife from the State which the First Lady hails have not paid such a visit.

It should be clear to all that for quite some time now, the First Lady has refrained from commenting on issues relating to the politics of Rivers State. Dame Patience does not want her name to be used to heat up the polity. We therefore urge that the name of the First Lady be left out of the politics in Rivers State.

The First Lady, like any Nigerian, is free to visit the state of her birth. Dame Jonathan bears no grudge towards anyone as she is an individual who continues to tirelessly advocate for peace and harmony in Nigeria. We therefore reiterate that the First Lady’s name be left out of the politics in the State.

Ayo Adesugba (Mrs.)
Director (Information)
19 August, 2013
Source: http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/governor-amaechi-his-wife-refused-to-pay-me-condolence-visit-patience-jonathan/

Re: Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by ayusco85(m): 9:04am On Aug 20, 2013
Who cares? Is it because u are the first lady?
Re: Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by pleasantchi: 9:12am On Aug 20, 2013
It is not compulsory. Wait for her own turn when she is bereaved don't pay her condolence.
Re: Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 20, 2013
judith was the 1st gov wife to send condolence to PEJ o! Haba! Why is the first lady lyin na? Na judith or amaechi kill her mama? She should go and rest joo.....'my fellow widows'
Re: Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by DeCleff(m): 9:31am On Aug 20, 2013
Larryfly: judith was the 1st gov wife to send condolence to PEJ o! Haba! Why is the first lady lyin na? Na judith or amaechi kill her mama? She should go and rest joo.....'my fellow widows'
We even read and saw when Ameachi's wife embraced the First Lady during her condolence visit in the state
Re: Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by superior1: 9:33am On Aug 20, 2013
They have reduced governance to comedy show.

Abeg, let domestic appendages remain domestic appendages
Re: Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by donpetros: 9:48am On Aug 20, 2013
Na by force
Re: Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by doctokwus: 9:58am On Aug 20, 2013
DeCleff:
We even read and saw when Ameachi's wife embraced the First Lady during her condolence visit in the state
Unless d pics were photoshopped,otherwise d part of Amaechi's wife not paying her a condolence visit is barefaced lie& one unbecoming of an aide to a first lady.It wudnt b surprising though,d same media aides openly lied to us dat dame was on a holiday wen she was battling for her life last year.Instead of enhancing,press releases like dis from her office trivializes her office& position in d society.
Re: Governor Amaechi, His Wife Refused To Pay Me Condolence Visit – Patience Jonatha by OAM4J: 10:03am On Aug 20, 2013

(1)

Nigerian Arrested Over Real Estate Fraud In Western Australia / A 23 Year-old Female Photographer Gang-raped In India / Fresh Air : Thread For Decamping APC Members & Sympathisers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.