Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,215 members, 7,807,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:15 PM

Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time (1037 Views)

Chris Ngige's Masquerade At His Father's Burial Today - Photos / Buhari, Is Ngige The "Change" Nigerians Voted For? / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by jpphilips(m): 8:43am On Aug 20, 2013
Anambra state has been a battle ground for political mischief over the years. Another election is around the corner and the power brokers are at it again, needless to mention the need for the actors and spectators to harmonize political interest.

i may not have room to delve into the Man called Ngige as a medical director because we have more than enough facts on the ground to unravel the enigma behind this huge political masquerade of our time.

At a time when the govt of Dr chinweoke mbadinuju (odera) like he calls himself have left Anambra state in ruins of sour tales of poverty, underdevelopment, comatose education system and poor Governance.Dr chris ngige with the unrelenting effort of his political God father chris Uba has truncated the franchise of Anambrarians through an election fraud, the first of its kind to be witnessed in any democracy in Africa.

In a region where the late Odumegwu ojukwu was honored, respected or even close to being worshiped to say the least. the machinations of Ngige and chris Uba made Ojukwu look like a "political house boy" when the election results were released, no doubt Ojukwu stood firm behind his political son who brandished posters of economic salvation, with logical slogan of "are we cursed or are we the cause?", also sitting at the board of Eleven companies registered in Nigeria, Ojukwu had no doubt that the son in whom he was well pleased has just arrived.

That was the first time Dr chris Ngige forcefully took that which belonged to Anambrarians, as law Abiding citizens, Anambrarians went to court.

Within the period Ngige was at the helm of affairs in Anambra state, the crook in him manifested once again when he opted to bite the finger that shot him to political limelight, that error in judgement left him in bruises and political epilepsy, Ngige was helpless and being the smart crook he was, he turned to the Masses for his salvation.

Not letting chris Uba's carnage to distract him, he took his political trumpet to the rural areas, he mobilized market women en masse and made sure that all the youth groups and associations were not left out in the largesse.
Ngige did not stop there, he started massive road constructions in rural areas, he revisited the state General hospitals providing them with ambulance services, he vigorously attended to the backlog of salaries and arrears owed by his predecessor, like a charm in the wind, Ngige became "the Man of the people" and once again wore his crown as "Onwa" like he was fondly called.

permit me to state at this juncture that Ngige's road projects were concentrated in his senatorial district and there is a perceived neglect of some core areas of economic interest in Anambra state. Major roads in Onitsha and Nnewi received little or no attention, at a time Ngige was giving Nanka to ekwulobia road a face lift.
Anambrarians have tried to Understand the adumberations behind this marginalization of economic interest to no avail, arguments in the political quarters had it that Ngige as an Administrator knows next to nothing where the core interest of the people lies, or he was playing the card of the drowning man who must buy the goodwill of his people under duress, Ngige will later Manifest more of this obnoxious propensity.

The Judgement of the court of Appeal who sat in Enugu on the 19th of April 2003 dishonorably deposed him of the executive seat of Anambra state and enthroned the rightful winner, Peter obi. Amidst the unceremonious depose of Ngige, his subterfuge on Anambrarians remained potent, an idiosyncrasy that later crowned him a senator of the federal republic.

I choose at this verge to call to memory with revered nostalgia a senator who once represented cross river south constituency, Senator Ita Giwa.
It is on record that at a time when the obasanjo administration was dragging its feet over the bakassi peninsular issue, sen. Ita giwa was the first to speak out in condemnation on the quality of attorneys employed to represent the federal Govt.
other efforts attributed to her name was the call on the floor of the senate for the federal govt to protect the bakassi citizens who were being victimized in the furore that led to their being Alienated in their own country.

this morally bankrupt senator by bigotry standards, threw away what religion defined as morality but took a noble step in the supervision of relief materials and shelter provided for the bakassi people.
History holds senator Ita giwa to a high esteem on the succor she brought to the bakassi people.

Anambrarians made no mistakes in legitimately catapulting their political masquerade Ngige to the exalted senate chambers where the likes of senator Mike Ajegbo and Florence Ita giwa has made a name for themselves, at the expense of Dora Akunyili.

Dora Akunyili like we knew from pedigree brought a comatose Agency to life, Dora put her life on the line to arrest drug counterfeiting in Nigeria. Dora's campaign in NAFDAC till date is still sending reverberating awe to drug counterfeiters who before now ply their trade with impunity.
History will be fair to Dora as the only member of the FEC who passed a vote of no confidence on the Yaradua's handlers, at a time when Nigerians were clamoring for the right thing to be done. Amidst these pedigree of victories and a penchant for carrying the interest of the Masses at heart,Anambrarians handed Anambra east to their political Masquerade chris Ngige.
By now, i have no doubt in my mind that Sane Anambrarians will be regretting that error in judgement, like some of us who voted "fresh air" but were met with "Patience air", in the end.

Within the period Ngige sat firmly in the Senate, deceiving his political houseboys, over 70 bodies were discovered in the Ezu river, there was neither a condemnation nor a strong message to the IGP from the quarters of the self acclaimed "MAN OF THE PEOPLE" even when the whole nation was thrown into pandemonium, the only time he visited was when he heard that the police has hurriedly buried the corpses, till date, there is no extra pressure from the office of the "MAN OF THE PEOPLE" to ensure that the IGP, investigates and bring the culprits to book, i was forced to ask, Does Ngige really know where the interest of his people lie?

still pondering over that issue, within his two years in the senate, Anambra nearly lost a vital economic fulcrum to kogi state by the carnage that erupted from the oil prospecting endeavor of orient refinery.
perhaps Ngige did not understand the Economic benefits of Anambra being listed as an oil producing state or perhaps the crook in him bifurcated the scenario and aligned with the part that Orient was not in his senatorial district therefore, may not be of any interest to him. Till date, Ngige is yet to make public his statements and also form a committee that will bring the warring parties together in other to hoist the Anambra interest beyond umbrage. I ask again; is Ngige's recumbency a curse or are Anambrarians the cause?

Just recently, we saw in the dailies that for two years, the "MAN OF THE PEOPLE" is yet to sponsor a bill in the National assembly amidst huge emoluments and allowances, at a time when sectarian violence is at its unimaginable peak in the north.
last year, the sons and daughters of Adazi humbly resigned to fate and committed to mother earth the repose of their brothers who were attacked in the North during a town meeting, do not misconstrue my intentions here, i do not expect Ngige to do the duty of the commander in chief of the Armed forces, no, but i expected the "MAN OF THE PEOPLE" to write a letter of condolence to the affected families, it will not bring back their dead, but it will boost their sense of belonging that the man who got their mandate remembered them in a devastating time like this, I expected Ngige to write to the JTF commander expressing his disgust on the security lapse that led to the untimely death of his kinsmen and also send a strong message on the need for the JTF to intensify their effort in bringing the culprits to book.
Has Ngige not failed Anambrarians enough?

The climax of this failure was when he put Party interest ahead of the interest of the people who gave him the mandate of representation in the senate, when he rose to the unalloyed defense of his political benefactors to absolve the Governor of Lagos state of any malfeasance in his deportation agenda.
Hitherto, i never knew Ngige had the apparatchik and records for press release all these while he was snoring away in the senate, save for the wrong reasons.
Ngige saw no evil in dumping 72 anambrarians at the bridge head in the Middle of the night, Destitute at that, people by virtue of circumstances of birth has become vulnerable to all manner of social abuse and threats that comes with night fall, Ngige and his cohorts showed no mercy.

Is it wrong for Ngige to use his influence to sway Gov. fashola to ensure that these people were delivered safely to either the Governors Lodge Amawbia or the Govt house in Awka where i believe they can pass the night in the banquet hall or conference room, of course, those were no viable options for Ngige and his cohorts,Just behind the Govt house in Awka is sitting a 90 rooms hotel owned by Ngige himself whose infinite wisdom dictated that these people should be better off in the cold.

Today, this Anomie of a senator is coming back home to play on the sensibilities of his political hallelujah supporters, people who have failed to reason that in the deep sense of what a leader should represent, Ngige remained as Unclad as a coconut without it's shell, his little lopsided achievements under duress can now be clearly juxtaposed with the real Ngige who has a hatred for his people but becomes their messiah during elections, are Anmbrarians not tired of this political chess game? where the people remain perpetually enslaved in the hands of the kings and queens while they gasp for breath as mere pawns.

All the cries of Anambrarians in lagos state this last six months were mere mosquito hums in Ngige's ears, who have avowed to snore himself to the deepest end of slumber.

As the vice chairman of senate committee on power, what gas blue print has Ngige proposed to his committee members to ensure that Nigeria solve the Gas shortage issue which is one of the reasons most power plants are not functioning?

The PIB (petroleum industry Bill) was discussed on the floor of the Nigerian Senate where Ngige was present, in the bill, the petroleum Minister was proposing a DSO for Gas in this age and time, what did Ngige do not just as a senator but a member of the senate comittee on power to send a message to Madueke that a DSO cannot work for Nigeria? how many Gas producing countries are practising the DSO model at this time?

A DSO will encourage corruption and create room for diversion, also, it will discourage vibrant investments in the development of Gas infrastructures in Nigeria, the same DSO for crude rendered our Refineries useless and was stopped in 2008. today, the Senate is doing Nothing to stop DSO for Gas.

still on the PIB, the petroleum minister is proposing flarring permit as an option against tightening more on flaring, not just because of its environmental implications but the need for us to utilize our gas properly, Nigeria loses 2.3billion USD annually on flaring yet we are relaxing laws to encourage it and our "ONWA" in the senate has grown dumb as usual.

Anambra today is recognized as an oil producing state, and Anambrarians are now exposed to the environmental degradation associated with oil exploration, what environmental bill has Ngige proposed to protect the Anambra environment?

what provisions in the PIB addressed the issue of living wage for Nigerians and Anambrarians in the oil and gas industry to reflect on the inherent risk associated with their jobs, Nigerians in the oil industry are paid pittance and treated like slaves, yet we have an Ngige in the senate.

God help Anambrarians if Prof chukwuma soludo scales through the APGA petty screening, Anambrarians will have a choice to correct the error of choosing Ngige over Dora Akunyili,
No doubt, that Ngige's Administrative capacity reeks of betrayal, incompetence and performance under duress,
Same cannot be said for the Amiable prof Chukwuma Soludo, whose tenure as the Governor of CBN, brought a new Economic focus for Nigeria and Nigerians as a whole.

A Man who proved that with a stroke of policy,that he can create more jobs in the private sector than the federal Ministry of labor and productivity, a man who has proved that his economic permutations are legendary and has shown from his manifesto that Anambrarians have a choice to either fumigate their political mosquitoes or leave their fate in the palms of economic Malaria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 20, 2013
Hack writer....quack write-up! Its a season of politics in Anambra...we are not surprised!
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by Teotihuacan: 10:00am On Aug 20, 2013
sagombugo: Hack writer....quack write-up! Its a season of politics in Anambra...we are not surprised!
Then go and write your own.
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by jpphilips(m): 10:50am On Aug 20, 2013
sagombugo: Hack writer....quack write-up! Its a season of politics in Anambra...we are not surprised!

that Expose was meant for humans not sub humans,we actually know where you belong
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by Bensonn: 11:00am On Aug 20, 2013
Mr JP philips or what ever you call your self, leave ngige alone! He is not your problem. Is it because the shameless propaganda you seasoned, yet blind bigots levelled against him is not yeilding the desired result?
My friend go and pack one side joor,, you and ur cohorts will cover your faces in shame when he wins. Why cant you people just focus on campaigning for soludo, listing to us what he has for us, rather than blackmailing cheaply someone you percieve as the key challenger of soludo.....let me ask you, is ngige the only governorship candidate in the forthcorming election? I think ifeanyi uba,andy uba, obinna uzor,ekwunife etc and even the soludo you are fronting all have one sin or the other. Ngige is not an exception, but what we are interested in is the net best among all of them. So stop this your shameless cheap blackmail of the man you yourself is not better than.
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by jpphilips(m): 11:55am On Aug 20, 2013
Bensonn: Mr JP philips or what ever you call your self, leave ngige alone! He is not your problem. Is it because the shameless propaganda you seasoned, yet blind bigots levelled against him is not yeilding the desired result?
My friend go and pack one side joor,, you and ur cohorts will cover your faces in shame when he wins. Why cant you people just focus on campaigning for soludo, listing to us what he has for us, rather than blackmailing cheaply someone you percieve as the key challenger of soludo.....let me ask you, is ngige the only governorship candidate in the forthcorming election? I think ifeanyi uba,andy uba, obinna uzor,ekwunife etc and even the soludo you are fronting all have one sin or the other. Ngige is not an exception, but what we are interested in is the net best among all of them. So stop this your shameless cheap blackmail of the man you yourself is not better than.

Of course, Ngige will win if Anambrarians so desire, so long as the 2003 incident doesn't repeat itself, who am I (a mere mortal)to curse a messiah who God has blessed? however, as we continue to bask in this ephemeral, political hullabaloo, it is equally our duty to have the memory to be able to string the threads of our past together.
Because without the memory of the past, we wont know when we get to the future.
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by BrokenTV: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2013
if you are in anambra you won't be saying this, if the reverse is the case it means you are insane.
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by jpphilips(m): 12:10pm On Aug 20, 2013
Broken TV:
if you are in anambra you won't be saying this, if the reverse is the case it means you are insane.

Please dont mind him, those western cobwebs who think Anambrarians are daft will be shocked when Ngige comes to campaign in Onitsha and nnewi the seat of Anambra politics. the Absence of Soludo it the Only miracle that will return Ngige as the next Governor of "the light of the nation"
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by kokoA(m): 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
Like play like play na so Ngige go win dis contest. Judging from the few times I have seen him on tv, I would say there is something strange about that man I can't explain.. Whatever it is, I have this feeling that he will win.
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by IGBOSON1: 1:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Masquerade indeed.....more like igariga than Ijele! wink
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by Bensonn: 1:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
Soludo supporters shld leave ngige alone! Is he the only aspirant in the forthcoming election? You ppl shld go and meet Gej and adaobi they are the ones that disqualified soludo, not ngige leave Onwa alone
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by IGBOSON1: 1:23pm On Aug 20, 2013
Bensonn: Soludo supporters shld leave ngige alone! Is he the only aspirant in the forthcoming election? You ppl shld go and meet Gej and adaobi they are the ones that disqualified soludo, not ngige leave Onwa alone

^^^Hehehehe grin grin grin

Ok, my bad! smiley
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by bushwailo: 1:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by Bensonn: 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by Bensonn: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
bushwailo: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/anambra-poll-my-political-opponents-jittery-says-ngige/
grin grin grin

i tot they said, he was stoned at awka? But the new as reported by vanguard didnt mention anytin stoning, chai haters can be silly at times, anyway just like Ngige rightfully said, they are jittery just because he mentioned of his desire to run for the governorship race.
Re: Ngige, The Political Masquerade Of Our Time by henchamb(m): 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Teotihuacan: Then go and write your own.
Reminds of THE FATHER OF AFRICA LITERATURE prof CHINUA ACHEBE.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Destroying Nigeria's Image On BBC. Nigerian Politicians Brawl In Parliament. / Onyeka Onwenu Appointed As The CEO Of The National Centre For Women Development / President Jonathan & Cronies Tour Jerusalem (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.