Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

The Suffering New Dad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Suffering New Dad. (2712 Views)

Dearest Nigerians, People Are Suffering.. Read This! / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Divorce And The Suffering Of The Nigerian Women! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Suffering New Dad. by jeffizy(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2013
It's a thing of joy welcoming a new baby into the household.
Sadness evaporates the moment you look into the eyes of new born.
But along with cutie's arrival also comes dad's dilema. Yes, dilema!

Daddy becomes a fish out of water. And so will he be for the next 365 days.
It's not a fight for attention he should get into because he lost the fight when mummy missed her period 9 mths ago. (hehehe).

Heaven helps him if he's the highly sexual man, because he is not getting sushi regularly or at all for the time been. (eeya).
Only when mummy decides he can ride her bicycle will he ride. She has a hundred and one reasons why you should sleep with your palms inbetween your legs all night. (lol).

If dad is the bo0by lover, oh no, he is on the bench for the next one year as baby is 1st choice striker on mum's twin towers.

If he has sired a clingy baby, God help him o! He shares bed with baby has to look at his darling with mr/miss tiny feet inbetween him and madam.

All he is good for is short errands..... 'honey, please i need baby's pacifier, e.t.c.
(hehehe).

But does he learn? NO!!
Because if a spider drops a hundred times, it will still want to climb to the ceiling. He does it again few years later. (lolz).

3 Likes

Re: The Suffering New Dad. by badmeat(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2013
Chai!grin

1 Like

Re: The Suffering New Dad. by buklan4realyah(f): 10:27am On Aug 20, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2013
Wish you well...

Now don't be selfish and keep your palms in between your legs grin grin..

Not easy but the women world is harder I tell you.

You don't even wanna experience that.
If I were a man, many option available for me.

Try and use your left hand for massage while the right one rocks your baby ... cheesy
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by passionate88: 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Chillisauce: Wish you well...

Now don't be selfish and keep your palms in between your legs grin grin..

Not easy but the women world is harder I tell you.

You don't even wanna experience that.
If I were a man, many option available for me.

Try and use your left hand for massage while the right one rocks your baby ... cheesy
u gave only 1 option, pt more
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by RoyalRoy(m): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
passionate88: u gave only 1 option, pt more

Re: The Suffering New Dad. by callola: 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
@op, u r very funny. U don't even consider ur madam feelings. Pregnancy and child's birth is not beans. I dey tells u
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 20, 2013
passionate88: u gave only 1 option, pt more

Lol....

Look for any hole you find and chock the thing inside, you can start with your wine bottle up to your food flask depending on your size of cos tongue
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Ochiban: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2013
Dudes!!! as a new mom, i understand that you feel like a fish out of water. However, I cant help but notice that this narrative keeps on saying daddy daddy daddy. I'm not really trying to chide you for having feelings and needs that are not met... but please dont take it out on the people that love and need you most..your new baby and very very tired wife.

Tell me... how tired would you be if there was an organism sucking on your nutrients (about 1000 calories a day) every 3 hours? and i mean every 3 hours. I have a very independent baby so i feed him at 5am, 7 am, 10 am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and 3 am. he is not fussy (i'm serious, several women have commented on how lucky i am). How angry would you be if this organism sucks so hard sometimes that you bleed? How frustrated would you be if you found out that this organism is a helpless child that needs you to exist. so you must offer your sore and bleeding nipples to him again in 3 hours?

How happy would you be if after this fantastic feeding schedule, your spouse asked to suck on this painful nipple? Lets assume that you stay at home all day so it seems you have a lot of free time? well, if you spend 4 hours feeding your child, another at least 4 hours changing it, checking to make sure its breathing (yes, babies sometimes die in their sleep), begging it to go to sleep so that you can sleep, well that a full time job. except that your full time job never ends. you see, when you get home, at least you can rest until the next morning. but as mom, the best I get is 4 hours uninterrupted (and as i mentioned, I do NOT have a fussy baby). How excited would you be about sex after having only 3- two hour sleep sessions every day for a month? And this is if you have family helping you (which i do). without that, cut sleep down by half.

I know its hard for dads because they feel like everyone has forgotten about them. But it is much harder for your spouse that you would ever know. How many times have you caught her crying in frustration? how many times has she left the house because she is tethered to a young one?

please be a little more sympathetic to your wife's ordeal..because thats what it really is.. an ordeal. help her more. be a little more patient. tell her she is beautiful. tell her you love her. play with your child. change his diapers and dance with him when he is crying, rather than immediately handing him over to your wife. this tells your wife that he is yours not only when he is behaving well and smiling, but also when he is irritable and uncomfortable.

May God give you the courage and the strength to give up more of yourself in service to your family. god blesd you

13 Likes

Re: The Suffering New Dad. by EveryLadY(f): 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ochiban: Dudes!!! as a new mom, i understand that you feel like a fish out of water. However, I cant help but notice that this narrative keeps on saying daddy daddy daddy. I'm not really trying to chide you for having feelings and needs that are not met... but please dont take it out on the people that love and need you most..your new baby and very very tired wife.

Tell me... how tired would you be if there was an organism sucking on your nutrients (about 1000 calories a day) every 3 hours? and i mean every 3 hours. I have a very independent baby so i feed him at 5am, 7 am, 10 am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm and 3 am. he is not fussy (i'm serious, several women have commented on how lucky i am). How angry would you be if this organism sucks so hard sometimes that you bleed? How frustrated would you be if you found out that this organism is a helpless child that needs you to exist. so you must offer your sore and bleeding nipples to him again in 3 hours?

How happy would you be if after this fantastic feeding schedule, your spouse asked to suck on this painful nipple? Lets assume that you stay at home all day so it seems you have a lot of free time? well, if you spend 4 hours feeding your child, another at least 4 hours changing it, checking to make sure its breathing (yes, babies sometimes die in their sleep), begging it to go to sleep so that you can sleep, well that a full time job. except that your full time job never ends. you see, when you get home, at least you can rest until the next morning. but as mom, the best I get is 4 hours uninterrupted (and as i mentioned, I do NOT have a fussy baby). How excited would you be about sex after having only 3- two hour sleep sessions every day for a month? And this is if you have family helping you (which i do). without that, cut sleep down by half.

I know its hard for dads because they feel like everyone has forgotten about them. But it is much harder for your spouse that you would ever know. How many times have you caught her crying in frustration? how many times has she left the house because she is tethered to a young one?

please be a little more sympathetic to your wife's ordeal..because thats what it really is.. an ordeal. help her more. be a little more patient. tell her she is beautiful. tell her you love her. play with your child. change his diapers and dance with him when he is crying, rather than immediately handing him over to your wife. this tells your wife that he is yours not only when he is behaving well and smiling, but also when he is irritable and uncomfortable.

May God give you the courage and the strength to give up more of yourself in service to your family. god blesd you

I didn't just like this post,I also quoted it to love it.Urs is a wonderful piece.it compliments OP's post.They are just the side of a coin.
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by passionate88: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
Ochiban:

Lets assume that you stay at home all day so it seems you have a lot of free time? well, if you spend 4 hours feeding your child, another at least 4 hours changing it, checking to make sure its breathing (yes, babies sometimes die in their sleep), begging it to go to sleep so that you can sleep, well that a full time job. except that your full time job never ends. you see, when you get home, at least you can rest until the next morning. but as mom, the best I get is 4 hours uninterrupted (and as i mentioned, I do NOT have a fussy baby). How excited would you be about sex after having only 3- two hour sleep sessions every day for a month? And this is if you have family helping you (which i do). without that, cut sleep down by half.

Una see am?, after mama go through all these torture for me another woman go come dey pray make my mama die before she marry or go dey vex when pikin send money to mama or when mama visit. I still dey talk am , Good mothers will be appreciated by their children. @Ochiban, ur post brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for remindin me nd strenghtenin my love nd affection towards my mom.

3 Likes

Re: The Suffering New Dad. by RoyalRoy(m): 7:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
@Ochiban, now that was mind boggling!!

Kai

Really mind boggling!
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Nobody: 10:08am On Aug 21, 2013
Royal Roy: @Ochiban, now that was mind boggling!!

Kai

Really mind boggling!
thats just one o.so imagine 2 of you,you and your brother waking your mom at intervals giving her sleepless nights or reducing her sleep for as long as 4 months,same in the afternoon too,breastfeeding you two cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Suffering New Dad. by RoyalRoy(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2013
kulyie: thats just one o.so imagine 2 of you,you and your brother waking your mom at intervals giving her sleepless nights or reducing her sleep for as long as 4 months,same in the afternoon too,breastfeeding you two cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Funny how this particular Op is actually the second person !!!

**winks**
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by bukatyne(f): 10:23am On Aug 21, 2013
Ochiban: Dudes!!! as a new mom, i understand that you feel like a fish out of water. However, I cant help but notice that this narrative keeps on saying daddy daddy daddy. I'm not really trying to chide you for having feelings and needs that are not met... but please dont take it out on the people that love and need you most..your new baby and very very tired wife.

Beautiful
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 21, 2013
Royal Roy:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Funny how this particular Op is actually the second person !!!

**winks**
jeffizy and royal roy grin lobatan gringringrin infact i asked one of my friends who is iya ibeji.at least they are a little grown now so theyve given her a break small.she said at night two of them can wake up at the same time or the cry of one will wale the other up and she has to breastfeed them at the same time because if she breast feeds one before the other,the 2nd will not stop crying,so she carries the twins holding them with her left and right hand together while they keep sucking,pulling and biting her nipples,then she can now wear her bra cheesy infact its not easy to have infant twins without the help of your husband or a house help especially when they are boys cheesy
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by jeffizy(m): 2:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
callola: @op, u r very funny. U don't even consider ur madam feelings. Pregnancy and child's birth is not beans. I dey tells u
lola, i won't underate madam's sacrifice for a minute but mhen, hubbies get frozen out at this time.
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by jeffizy(m): 2:30pm On Aug 21, 2013
Every_LadY:

I didn't just like this post,I also quoted it to love it.Urs is a wonderful piece.it compliments OP's post.They are just the side of a coin.
you know we are your 1st babies b4 cuties came. so it's like we get tossed like a tissue paper. lol.
But we know the kids will leave you for us when they begin to learn how to write love letters.
hehehehe!!
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 22, 2013

embarassed cry
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 22, 2013
jeffizy:
you know we are your 1st babies b4 cuties came. so it's like we get tossed like a tissue paper. lol.
But we know the kids will leave you for us when they begin to learn how to write love letters.
hehehehe!!
grin mischevious ibeji cheesy
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Tgirl4real(f): 12:32am On Nov 01, 2013
Chillisauce:

Lol....

Look for any hole you find and chock the thing inside, you can start with your wine bottle up to your food flask depending on your size of cos tongue

Hahahahahahaha

grin grin grin

Killer!!!
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by passionate88: 8:17am On Nov 01, 2013
Tgirl4real:

Hahahahahahaha

grin grin grin

Killer!!!
actually na bad advice b that. Another hole fit b another babe grin
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by pickabeau1: 9:35am On Nov 01, 2013
@jeffizy

I feel you cry cry
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Tgirl4real(f): 1:09pm On Nov 01, 2013
Lol

I'm sure the situation is better now. grin
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by RoyalRoy(m): 1:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
Tgirl4real: Lol

I'm sure the situation is better now. grin

Lol..... I hope the Op comes along to tell us if he is still "suffering" or not.

grin grin grin
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Tgirl4real(f): 2:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
Royal Roy:

Lol..... I hope the Op comes along to tell us if he is still "suffering" or not.

grin grin grin

I hope so too. grin
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by Kanwulia: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2013
The joys of fatherhood are numerous!
Motherhood too!
Life is too short to complain. kiss
Re: The Suffering New Dad. by jeffizy(m): 10:18am On May 29, 2017
Fast forward: After the first experience posted up here, Spider has gone along to climb walls again and again.
The wonderful tiny tot that brought "reflections" has become dad's best buddy.
It's a wonderful experience chasing around your son and explaining to him why you prefer that bitter drink(beer) to his own pack of juice. Lol.

1 Like

Re: The Suffering New Dad. by TheArchangel(f): 11:53am On May 29, 2017
jeffizy:
Fast forward: After the first experience posted up here, Spider has gone along to climb walls again and again.
The wonderful tiny tot that brought "reflections" has become dad's best buddy.
It's a wonderful experience chasing around your son and explaining to him why you prefer that bitter drink(beer) to his own pack of juice. Lol.
E don do oooo

(1) (Reply)

My My First Daughter Said She Loves Me More Than My Wife, Pls Help / Quarrel With A Friend / Pls Help A Soul From Perishing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.