Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams (61646 Views)

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities / UI 2009/2010 Post Ume Exams With Instructions / To All Jambites: How Was Your UME Exams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 5:16pm On Oct 06, 2008
When does the orientation start and when is d clearance and registration ending
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by aphrodyte(f): 3:08pm On Oct 07, 2008
The orientation's started already. On monday i.e yesterday 06/10/2008, to end on sunday with a church service. The school isnt making it mandatory, but almost all freshers usually attend cos it gives you most of the information you need or will need as a student of ui, towards the end, students will ask questions and very clear answers will be given to you. To be the best of my knowledge i think if you attend, you will be happy you did. DONT STAB IT. 10:00 - 12:00 in the morning.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by segunpay(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2008
Well, I just want to say hello to every jambitoes in this forum. I like to introduce to you a site where you get books for free. Most of you that are internet gurus going into the Uni you need to be Internet literate, so get books that would let you get the basic knowledge about the internet here for free. Check the site out and order for any book out of the listed ones and you get them free of charge. they are all with there PLRs.

http://internetblow..com/

Check it out! smiley
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 7:01pm On Oct 07, 2008
I ddnt go for the orientation on monday and tuesday. I would probably go 2mr, I had been tryin to pay the fees and all. What was it all about?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by taitee(f): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2008
hi everyone, ui just produced a new list for those who used awaiting result my name's there but i was not given my course. pls how soon can i change? since we will be missing the orientation will they conduct another one for us or we should just forget bout it. pls let someone reply.
10x
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 08, 2008
SHOPPING FOR SCHOOL AND MISCELLANEOUS(STRICTLY FOR THE GIRL CHILD)[center][/center]

Ok. For those who are looking forward to having a good shopping without having to pay so much, you could actually get so much for very little. let start by dividing these topic into seven different parts and then dwelling on each item. Here are the underlisted items:

1. Shopping for school( for the girl child).
2. Eating in School (for the girl child)
3. Staying healthy in School (for the girl child)
4. Sociallizing(for the girl child)
5. Books and Lectures(for the girl child)
6. Recreation and Fun (for the girl child)
7. Your religion and believe( for the girl child)

Let's take each item from the list and dwell on them.

1. Shooping for School
Do you know you could actually get all those things on your recommended list for just very little? and even quality stuff at that, Imagine, if you have just N15,000.00 budget or less to spend on all your items, it's just more than enough. Here, I'm gonna give you what a typical girl's stuff looks like, then i will divide them and give you an estimated price for each item, giving you a suggested or confirmed price for either a small, medium or large size of any item you might want to buy. Does that sound complicated? here is what i mean:

For example, in any girl's list ought to be a Mirror, the estimated price(all in Naira) for a mirror should be N1000, depending on size, quality and quantity. Now my suggested price for a very good little mirror should be N100, medium N250, large N500, extremely large N100. Are the prices unbeliveably good? that's what i mean.

TYPICAL GIRL LIST

ITEMS SMALL MEDIUM LARGE SUGGESTED PRICE CONFIRMED PRICE NEGOTIABLE OR NOT

1. Matresse
2. Bedsheet(with pillow case)
3. Pillows
4. Duvet(Optional)
5. Bucket
6. Plates
7. Cutlery
8. Pot
9. Stove(electric burner)
10.Cups
11. Towel
12. Body Cream
13. Bathing Soap(gel)
14. Washing Soap(detergent)
15. Hangers
16. Clips(for drying)
17. Nail Kits
18. Make-up Kit(for make-up users only)
19. Cleanser n Face wash
20. Hair Cream
21. Comb, brush,etc
22. Hair accessories
23. Pads
24. Underwears
25. Lingerie(Night wears)
26. Braissieres
27. Clothes
28. Shoes
29. Bags
30. Tissues
31. Serviettes
33. Tooth Paste
34. Tooth Brush
35. Mouth Wash( Optional)
36. Perfumes(Body spray or deodorant)
37. Jewelleries(Bangles, Necklace, Ear-rings)
38. Brief Case(Box)
39. Your underwear bag
40. Your Bible

Estimated Total=

You could even get this things at less prices since most of them are negotiable. Now what's the secret? the secret is in where you shop. Do you know retailers are the best sellers? those are the best places to buy stuff. Some people think when you buy things at "cash n carry" , "park n shop" or "shoprite", then you must be a million, it's often the case. the secret here is these people sell at even cheaper prices than the market sellers, what you'd buy in the market for N500, would go for atleast N300 in any of these places. So it's much safer to shop here than in the ordinary market when one is considering her pocket. But if you insist on going to the market, then i recommend "oluwole market" . this place is just similar to shopping malls. things are just unbelivably cheap! and guess what? they sell in dozens for very cheap prices. Oh my god! i just had fun shopping there and it's located in mushin, just afer idi-oro. Funny isn't it? but the problem is that we Lagos and Victoria islanders waste time paying so much for nothing. The beauty of "oluwole market" is that the producers of some of these household items deliver them directly to these market, so you can guess the quality of what you are buying! and lastly, it's better to buy in bulk(don't be penny wise, pound foolish). I bought 2 dozens of breakable plates for just N1,800. I gave mother a dozen(12) and took a dozen, so it's worth it! Enough on these.

2. Eating in School

Do you know that what you eat is what you are? Eat lots of fat, then watch your body grow fatter day by day. My dear, the University is your grooming years, so make judicious use of it. Don't come home during the holidays looking slim and very black, invest a little on your eating habits. I made a little food time-table for myself while i'd be in school. I'd show you what it looks like, so you can get a clue. I pray i stick to the routine. Although your eating may vary from time to time, but try eat well so you'd live long. You don't necessarily have to be rich to maintain a healthy diet, these time-table could even be used by the common man. Remember you are a girl and then for those of you who love eating outside. Do you know you spend more money eating outside than ifd you prepare your own meal. Moreover, how would you learn to cook f you eat outside all the days of your hostel life. Watch out! You can eat out once in a while, say "mama put" or canteen or eatries like"tantalizers" but not everyday!Always remember your fruits and vegetables if you want a good skin.

Typical Girl Food Timetable

These time-table is divide into four. Mainly Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and fruit

Mon Tues Wed Thur Fri Sat Sun

Breakfast Bread N Tea

Lunch

Dinner

Fruit
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by aphrodyte(f): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2008
Definately, only one orientation programme will be conducted. All you can do if you dont have the opportunity to attend is to get to the school and ask those who attended questions on the area you need clarity.
D orientation is just meant to help freshers get so many informations they will need as they go on in school.
e.g today details were given on how to calculate your CGPA, lectures against Violence and cultism, how to do your ges registration and so many other things. so if you can be there, its best you come. i think the informatory part of the orientation is ending tomorrow, then christain and muslim services on sunday and friday, respectively.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2008
SHOPPING FOR SCHOOL AND MISCELLANEOUS(STRICTLY FOR THE GIRL CHILD)[center][/center]

Ok. For those who are looking forward to having a good shopping without having to pay so much, you could actually get so much for very little. let start by dividing these topic into seven different parts and then dwelling on each item. Here are the underlisted items:

1. Shopping for school( for the girl child).
2. Eating in School (for the girl child)
3. Staying healthy in School (for the girl child)
4. Sociallizing(for the girl child)
5. Books and Lectures(for the girl child)
6. Recreation and Fun (for the girl child)
7. Your religion and believe( for the girl child)

Let's take each item from the list and dwell on them.

1. Shopping for School
Do you know you could actually get all those things on your recommended list for just very little? and even quality stuff at that, Imagine, if you have just N15,000.00 budget or less to spend on all your items, it's just more than enough. Here, I'm gonna give you what a typical girl's stuff looks like, then i will divide them and give you an estimated price for each item, giving you a suggested or confirmed price for either a small, medium or large size of any item you might want to buy. Does that sound complicated? here is what i mean:

For example, in any girl's list ought to be a Mirror, the estimated price(all in Naira) for a mirror should be N1000, depending on size, quality and quantity. Now my suggested price for a very good little mirror should be N100, medium N250, large N500, extremely large N1000. Are the prices unbeliveably good? that's what i mean.

TYPICAL GIRL LIST

ITEMS             SMALL        MEDIUM     LARGE      SUGGESTED PRICE      CONFIRMED PRICE        NEGOTIABLE OR NOT

1. Matresse                               N1,100                                                                                              All                
2. Bedsheet(with pillow case)   N1,000
3. Pillows                                  Comes with mattresse
4. Duvet(Optional)                    N1,200
5. Bucket                                  N350
6. Plates                                   N250(for three sets)
7. Cutlery                                  N270(for a set)
8. Pot                                        N520
9. Stove(electric burner)           N1,500
10.Cups                                    N500(for half a dozen tumbler)
11. Towel                                  N800
12. Body Cream                        From N350-N1,500(depending on type)
13. Bathing Soap(gel)               From N100-N1,500(depending on type)
14. Washing Soap(detergent)  From N25-N1,000(depending on Type)
15. Hangers                             350(for a dozen)
16. Clips(for drying)                 350(for a dozen)
17. Nail Kits                              N850
18. Make-up Kit(for make-up users only)  From N850-N4,500(depending on type)
19. Cleanser n Face wash             From N750-N4,500(depending on type)
20. Hair Cream                              From N100-N850
21. Comb, brush,etc                      From N50-N300
22. Hair accessories                      From N50-N1,500(depending on quantity)
23. Pads                                        N650(for a dozen)
24. Underwears                            From N250-N1,500(depending on quantity)
25. Lingerie(Night wears)             same as above
26. Braissieres                              same as above
27. Clothes                                   From N350-N5,000(depending on type n quantity)
28. Shoes                                     same as above
29. Bags                                       same as above
30. Tissues                                   N50-N450
31. Serviettes                               N50
33. Tooth Paste                            N450(for a dozen)
34. Tooth Brush                            N450(for a dozen)
35. Mouth Wash( Optional)
36. Perfumes(Body spray or deodorant)    N350-4,500
37. Jewelleries(Bangles, Necklace, Ear-rings)  Depending on quantity
38. Brief Case(Box)                 N1,000-N6,500
39. Your underwear bag         N250 and above
40. Your Bible                          Free-N4,500
41. Provisions                         N2,000-N7,000 depending on quantity and type

Estimated Total= N8,500.00

You could even get this things at lesser prices since most of them are negotiable. Now what's the secret? the secret is in where you shop. Do you know retailers are the best sellers? those are the best places to buy stuff. Some people think when you buy things at "cash n carry" , "park n shop" or "shoprite", then you must be a million, it's often the case. the secret here is these people sell at even cheaper prices than the market sellers, what you'd buy in the market for N500, would go for atleast N300 in any of these places. So it's much safer to shop here than in the ordinary market when one is considering her pocket. But if you insist on going to the market, then i recommend "oluwole market" . this place is just similar to shopping malls. things are just unbeliveably cheap! and guess what? they sell in dozens for very cheap prices. Oh my god! i just had fun shopping there and it's located in mushin, just afer idi-oro. Funny isn't it? but the problem is that we Lagos and Victoria islanders waste time paying so much for nothing. The beauty of "oluwole market" is that the producers of some of these household items deliver them directly to these market, so you can guess the quality of what you are buying! and lastly, it's better to buy in bulk(don't be penny wise, pound foolish). I bought 2 dozens of breakable plates for just N1,800. I gave mother a dozen(12) and took a dozen, so it's worth it! Enough on these.

2. Eating in School

Do you know that what you eat is what you are? Eat lots of fat, then watch your body grow fatter day by day. My dear, the University is your grooming years, so make judicious use of it. Don't come home during the holidays looking slim and very black, invest a little on your eating habits. I made a little food time-table for myself while i'd be in school. I'd show you what it looks like, so you can get a clue. I pray i stick to the routine. Although your eating may vary from time to time, but try eat well so you'd live long. You don't necessarily have to be rich to maintain a healthy diet, these time-table could even be used by the common man. Remember you are a girl and then for those of you who love eating outside. Do you know you spend more money eating outside than if you prepare your own meal. Moreover, how would you learn to cook f you eat outside all the days of your hostel life. Watch out! You can eat out once in a while, say "mama put" or canteen or eatries like"tantalizers" but not everyday!Always remember your fruits and vegetables if you want a good skin and dry plenty plenty water!

Typical Girl Food Timetable

These time-table is divide into four. Mainly Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and fruit. This is really not an ideal food time-table as am not a nutritionist, but it's manageable to attain 60% health. If you are Yoruba or Igbo, you could substutite those calabar dish for "ewedu" or "ofa" soup. I tried to think of very cheap food and even in my time of writing this, i just realised we don't have that much food, na wa o. I also realised I didn't know what to put as dinner, that's because I often skipped mine. But if you have any good dinner food, you could simply add to the list.It's just a draft item i did, so it's isn't complete!

Mon                                                Tues                                  Wed                                    Thur                        

Breakfast    Bread N Tea                                Rich Pap or custard                Rice with Fish,                       Corn Flask or Oat
                  (with Egg Omelette or butter)    ( with milk but not sugar)       Meat or Chicken Stew
                                                                     preferably honey, with akara
                                                                     or bread or moi-moi)

Lunch         Garri with Vegetable Soup           Yam porridge/ Beans Porridge  Fufu or Pounded yam          Rice with Salad
                  (or Edikang-Ikong)                                                                       With Egusi or Afang Soup

Dinner          

Fruit         Orange Juice and apple                 Banana(5 Whole)                Mango or tangerine(6 Whole)  Fruit Salad(Mixed)

3. Staying Healthy in School

Girls, please stay neat here. Wash your cloth as and when due, iron the ironables and brush the brushables, don't go about with dirty underwears, i guess you do not want to be the talk of the university or hostels, if you were once dirty at home, please just hide it, ok? come here like the new you. Everybody's eye is on you. Be groomed by having your bath twice daily and even when you are back from lectures, you realise you feel hot and sweaty, take a bath!. Brush your teeth once or twice. If you use make-up, use them responsibly. Change your underwears everyday,Remember some of you would move from here right into your husbands home, oh God, i hope I'm not sounding like my mother now!
But then try change your hair-do when you have the cash and dress well.

4. Socializing
Here is the best place to socialize, Don't go to school doing as if all you know is guys, don't also do as if all you know is books. be balanced. Mix-up with your course mates, get to know what's making news(so you'd have stories to tell your kids), be very wise and calculative(watch out for cultists they are everywhere). If love come do you here, take am easy ooo, be careful of heart breaks ooo, open your eyes very wide when going into relationships ooo(shine your eyes). I'm out oo

5. Books and Lectures
Girls, this is your main purpose of being here. So focus on that. What is your goal as you're going in? is it to make First Class, Second Class, or do you aim for Third Class?. Whichever one, you just have to work for it. Attend your lectures, Read your Books, Go to the Library once in a while if not everyday. Ask questions in Class when you do not understand. Be free to meet those "brainys" for further exlainations on topics you do not understand. Respect your lecturers(you never know when they may come of help). Explore your course areas, learn what your course entails and read before the class start. Pray God helps us ooo.

6. Recreation and Fun
All work n no play makes you a dull girl, ain't it so? So recreate yourself by relaxation. Go visit the Zoo once in a while, sleep by having your afternoon siesta and night sleep. Don't stay out late. Drinking a lot of Water is quite very relaxing. Play games with friends in the hostel. Exercise too and have fun by going out with friends and visiting anyone you know.

7.Your religion and believe.
If you are an ardent christain, join any of the school  fellowships. But if you are just a christain(like me), then go to Church every sunday. Say your prayers too, for goodness sake, why would you want to feel like a very very BIG chick when you can't even pray. It doesn't make you so chicky. But when you are balanced, it's good. I'm so tired of typing, i think I'd just rest my keyboard for now.

"I no gri make my brother suffer, make i no talk, la la la la la, la la la la la "(Fela Anikulap-Kuti)
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 7:09pm On Oct 10, 2008
@ jarsofclay

the irony of your qoute from fela is that you are indeed making your "brovas" suffer, you are not saying anything about the boy child. LOL
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 11:49pm On Oct 11, 2008
LOL, i can't believe this shit i'm reading. Aah, the naiveté of the 1st year and the humor it brings. cheesy cheesy

Already in school, would see what does mofos want to do on Monday. . .
Jarsofclay,

u've been to the department of recent? Anyways, got a number?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by austria(f): 10:51am On Oct 13, 2008
I've just been offered admission into UI through Direct Entry but I don't how to go about paying. Is it going to be the same way jambites will pay theirs? and if yes pls tell from the first payment to be made to the last one. I'll really appreciate swift response
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 1:49pm On Oct 13, 2008
Maybe you should find out from the admissions office, that would be much more reliable plus babes your question isnt very readable.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2008
YOU ALL SHOULD KNO BY NOW THAT UI STUDENTS ARE IN A PROTEST, STATING THAT THE SCHOOL FEES IS TOO MUCH.
This will again delay the time for lectures to begin for we freshers
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 9:07pm On Oct 14, 2008
Yeah, was in school today at the protest. Met with fellow Katangites, errbody was out en masse, the turnout was encouraging. Word out is them fraks eventually reduced the money by 3Gs.

Aluta Continua, as they say. . .
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by taitee(f): 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2008
does ny1 nonytin bout admission 4 d ssce batch? does dis mean freshersavnot started lectures?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by aphrodyte(f): 12:53pm On Oct 17, 2008
naaah! nothing close to lectures yet, just chillin and praying things happen fast cos dere's nofing to do. but aluta's ended for now. The guy at the front says they av to be diplomatic even though the school fees was reduced by just a thousand box. i think there is a chance that d protest continues later.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 10:53pm On Oct 17, 2008
Them bloody fraks only reduced em fees by a 1750 bucks, WHAT?!!

#*%@$^¿# !!!
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 12:12pm On Oct 18, 2008
take heart my brova
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ayeni234(m): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2008
What do you think should be done to this ?

A fellow student who was offerd admission to study Sociology in university of Ibadan in the just concluded admission process has been denied the oppurtunity to do the admission clearance all in the name of wrong subject combination
in the UME she used.What do you think can be done ?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by AKO1(m): 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2008
Wordsmith:

Them bloody fraks only reduced em fees by a 1750 bucks, WHAT?!!

#*%@$^¿# !!!

Why not, I heard that quite a number of the protesters were expelled students. In that case they wont take you guys seriously.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2008
@ A_K_O,

The key phrase in that post of yours is that you heard. you were not there. I was, and was among em cats out en masse. They were not expelled students, dwelling on hearsay does not cut it.

And, lol, the reason them a-holes don't take us seriously is because from time immemorial, them a-holes don't take the students seriously. I school in a school were there's no SUG, 4 or 5 years running, and at every instance, the student gets disrespected and harassed by both academic and non-academic staff. Since there's no Union to champion ur cause or defend your rights, and since them frakks love the Status Quo, there's this atmosphere of aprehension, fear. Let one of em just ask for a matric number and you see the student cowing. . .
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by AKO1(m): 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2008
Well I heard from someone who was there, so what makes your statement any less than hearsay? wink
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by rock101(m): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2008
wha' gwan?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ekans2008: 11:39am On Oct 30, 2008
abeg no mind them
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by jcash: 6:20am On Oct 31, 2008
pls i heared
UI pre-degree form is out
is it tru
pls get back to me and how do i go about it
thanks
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by U1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 31, 2008
Looks like that is out, because I did saw some banks around Dugbe area in Ibadan having banners outside to that effect.
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ayeni234(m): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2008
Fellow nairalanders now in UI, let us meet 08028143226 07028626952

Ayeni A.A
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by ayeni234(m): 6:28pm On Nov 05, 2008
BIG UPS TO YOU GUYZ .
TOMMOROW IS THE MATRICULATION CEREMONY
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 06, 2008
[center]DIAMOND MATRICULANTS[/center]

I use this opportunity to congratulate all Nairalanders who performed their matriculation today. It's truely was a wonderful experience. I also Thank those who contributed one way or the other through the forum right from when the Jamb result was released, till when the Third batch list came on,atleast I got to know about the interview through Nairaland and several other information.

I thank our "indy brothers" who on the early morning of the matriculation day came to Idia hall to display their "water throwing power". It was fun and we say"you guys are the bomb". We apprecitiate your concern,people like you make things happen.

I use this opportunity to thank my known nairaland friends and those who got to be my new friends here. I'm happy i came across people like you.Unique one,you are one of those.

Just like shakespearce said: I came, I saw,I conquered. I was here on this forum and I've got what I wanted,so now I'm out,and would never be back again on nairaland. Bye everyboby!
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by darequam(m): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2008
Anyone in tech should pls contact me ma number is07038704559
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Wordsmith(m): 8:57pm On Nov 13, 2008
@ jarsofclay,

i thought you were off-campus? you squatting in Idia?
Re: Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2008
squatting? na you sabi, that's if it's even allowed. I reside there, hehehehe. Inshort, i promise not to come here again.

Do you have csc past questions? I'm really in need of them!

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Henry Suubi: Viral Photo Changed Makerere University Student's Life In Uganda / Why Does It Take Extremely Long Time To Obtain University Transcript In Nigeria / UNIZIK Has The Most Beautiful University Gate In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.