Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,021 members, 7,803,427 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic (38491 Views)

Stephen Hawking Says He's Figured Out To Escape From Black Hole / Nigerian Survives 3-Days At Bottom Of Atlantic Ocean / Nigeria Uses Its Satellites To Collect Data From Earth Orbit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by switdil(f): 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
I sense tsunami here o
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Ayoobscom(m): 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
Subhanalah!

If Allah can divide sea into two,then why can't he make a portal hole on a sea..

He does this to remind you He's one and indeed the most powerful one..

The moon once split into two...and He did that too

2 Likes

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by metti(m): 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
ifeness:

Who is this god almighty? He,she it? What does it look like?

If zeus is a myth,your god is a myth too
Zeus is from Greek, the Greeks are not even sure if it existed that is why the Greeks call Zeus a myth but here you are beliving in it. Anyway, this thread is not about religion so we should not derail it. It is a free world so you can belive what you want to belive.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Orikinla(m): 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
I fear the infinite God of creation.

1 Like

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
What an AWESOME,ALMIGHTY,WONDERFUL,POWERFUL,BEAUTIFUL,...GOD OF UNSEARCHABLE GREATNESS WE SERVE...As a potential seaman, i hope to come across this someday, from a safe distance
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Donmichaelz(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2013
ifeness:

It's got nothing to do with God. This is more than your bible. You need a free mind to explore and understand these phenomenon.
more than which bible?
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by trolling(m): 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
the earth was created in and out of water...water creates n destroys...a double-edge sword
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
its good news grin let it drain instead of flooding, the melting glaciers should also flow to the hole grin
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by sylvar02(m): 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

No dude...Africa is already hell...there cant possibility be two hells...nice try

Lmao maybe yu live in †ђξ hell part of Africa
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
Van snickers:
This is Awesome. We can use the Maelstroms to Further understand the Properties of Black holes, since we cannot directly observe Black holes due to their ability to absorb Light Rays. It's so interesting that the Center of the Maelstrom will have an Infinite Density and Volume just like a Black Hole!
The Beautiful of Relativity, Einstein never fails to impress.

Stephen Hawking and Roger Penrose, i love you guys too.

Interesting...Perhaps, that's why the North Atlantic waters and South Atlantic waters circulate in different directions. This sure looks like the black hole in the milky way...and the discovery being around Africa makes it more interesting.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
Typical Nigerians.
No reasonable comment in 3 pages. all i see is God is great , Allah this and that, end time things etc
I havent see any science thread with intelligent and interesting contributions before on Nairaland
They best they always come up with is arguing about the first tribe to shi.t and the last tribe to wear agbada

undecided

1 Like

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2013
Crassus: Typical Nigerians.
No reasonable comment in 3 pages. all i see is God is great , Allah this and that, end time things etc
I havent see any science thread with intelligent and interesting contributions before on Nairaland
They best they always come up with is arguing about the first tribe to shi.t and the last tribe to wear agbada

undecided
where's yours

3 Likes

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by saintol(m): 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hmmm!!! ECOSYSTEM. In other to improve our economic well-being, human embarked of several technological activites. Unfortunately, some of these technological activities have caused global warming which has caused rising sea level. So God being 'the all sufficient and all knowing' has prepared holes through which the rising water can be drained. Hmmm...
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Truckpusher(m): 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

No dude...Africa is already hell...there cant possibility be two hells...nice try
What has Africa got to do with this?....

it's quite appalling how blacks show total disregard and disrespect for their own people and place even when it's a fact that you're still regarded as second class citizens in your so-called new found country....smh

1 Like

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by babseg(m): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
biz.ideas:
This is Bermuda Triangle definitely shocked.

what is triangle in this one, dont you know geometry?

This should be called Bermuda circle grin
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by saintol(m): 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hmmm!!! ECOSYSTEM. In other to improve our economic well-being, human embarked of several technological activites. Unfortunately, some of these technological activities have caused global warming which has caused rising sea level. So God being 'the all sufficient and all knowing' has prepared holes through which the rising water can be drained. Hmmm... Na drainage system prepared by God. Shikena! Lo ba tan.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by donigspain(m): 8:09pm On Aug 25, 2013

undecided
You're right brother. It's really a sad situation.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2013

undecided

Not just science, we need anthropology and archaeology. Most of the discoveries in the last century are in and around the African continent - yet in 2013, we Africans aren't at the forefront of these subjects. I believe the missing puzzle to our existence on this planet and our progression as humans lies around the African continent.

Perhaps, we need to re-educate African minds...religion and medieval hypnosis based on faith(s) has made us the most unproductive people on this planet. We just sit our fat ar.ses waiting on God and wait for others to do the hard-work for us. Heck, we can't even tell our OWN stories - we've to wait for others to do it for us, yet blame everyone but "us" for our unique problems.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Truckpusher(m): 8:15pm On Aug 25, 2013

undecided
And you sound this unintelligent? undecided
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
End time
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by donigspain(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
saintol: Hmmm!!! ECOSYSTEM. In other to improve our economic well-being, human embarked of several technological activites. Unfortunately, some of these technological activities have caused global warming which has caused rising sea level. So God being 'the all sufficient and all knowing' has prepared holes through which the rising water can be drained. Hmmm... Na drainage system prepared by God. Shikena! Lo ba tan.
SMHVigorously.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by donigspain(m): 8:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
Double post
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by ezeagu(m): 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
Provie: This is d channel thru which water is drained away from the earth, otherwise d earth wuld hav bn drowned long ago; if every water merges into a bigger one, where does d bigest ocean flown into? This might just be d answer.

Nature is amazing!

Are you being serious?
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by colombiana: 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
ifeness:

It's got nothing to do with God. This is more than your bible. You need a free mind to explore and understand these phenomenon.
shut up there's nothing without God
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by firestar(f): 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze: this is nothing new to me, i have seen such things under the great naruto bridge during my last visit to japan. its called ''uzu'' in japanese.

Iyfe Namikaze-dono,
Gimme a high-fiver.

One of the best contributions.
So southern Atlantis do have spin-cycles.
If cracks along the tectonic plates cause seismic activity, then the mysterious Bermuda Triangle and now this.
Research worthy.
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 25, 2013
Fascinating
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by telexfree1: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2013
Provie: This is d channel thru which water is drained away from the earth, otherwise d earth wuld hav bn drowned long ago; if every water merges into a bigger one, where does d bigest ocean flown into? This might just be d answer.

Nature is amazing!

Who is this ?
Have you forgotten your elementary science ?
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
colombiana: shut up there's nothing without God

You got a proof?
Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by telexfree1: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
I am more fascinated by the wormhole in the second pix. Theoretical physics indicates that wormholes can make time travel possible due to their ability to interfere with light travel. Presumably , any thing that travel fasters that light can go faster than time.

1 Like

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by sunkoye: 8:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
fr3do:

the whirlpool is more analogous to the tornado than the blackhole.

A blackhole has entries on all sides,its 3D,its spherical,a blackhole is more or less an infinite numbers vortice stretching from nothing into something and sucking anything into nothing.
The preservation of the earth from the violence of the sea is another plain instance of God’s might. How is that raging element kept pent within those limits wherein He first lodged it, continuing its channel, without overflowing the earth and dashing in pieces the lower part of the creation? The natural situation of the water is to be above the earth, because it is lighter, and to be immediately under the air, because it is heavier. Who restrains the natural quality of it? certainly man does not, and cannot. It is the fiat of its Creator which alone bridles it: And said, "Hitherto shalt thou come, but no further: and here shall thy proud waves be stayed" (Job 38:11). What a standing monument of the power of God is the preservation of the world!

2 Likes

Re: Satellites Glimpse Ultra-powerful “black Hole” Whirlpools In Atlantic by eightsin(m): 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
Awesome!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oshiorenoya Agabi's ‘Human Brains" Computer On The Making / Strange Lights In Adamawa / Phillip Lawani Creates An Aircraft Using Wood (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.