Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,403 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Why I Don't Believe OJB... - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Don't Believe OJB... (1905 Views)

Marrying 3 Wives Is My Destiny And I Am Happy When I Look At Them - OJB Jazreel / Meet Ojb's 3 Wives And 8 Kids / Don-Jazzy On OJB - "Guys Do Not Wait For Celebrities Alone" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Don't Believe OJB... by caramel007(f): 10:22am On Aug 22, 2013
A couple of months ago, when OJB came out to solicit for help for his kidney problem, I felt so touch and prayed so hard that he would get the much needed help from the public. This was because I recognised him as a star whose talent in the music industry shouldn't be ignored. Especially as Nigeria is known to abandon her own.

His case gathered a lot of support from the public especially via the social media and various blackberry platforms in form of broadcast messages. Nigerians came all out for him, pleading with artistes to help their own. Finally he got more than he needed for his operation abroad. Let me not bore you with the tales since most people know how it went down. With a donation of 5million fromm Psquare, governor Rotimi Amaechi, He got more than he needed.

Please note that this is my own personal opinion which is subject to clarification and dissapproval.
I observed that while he was out soliciting for funds, we never saw ojb in an hospital. I still remember vividly, the case of Steve 'd sleek' Kadiri, We saw him in the hospital, we listened to the doctors, we saw him receiving medical care in the hospital. But permit me to say, for OJB, I can't help but express my doubts, I seriously want to believe him but then I can't help but have my doubts.

Firstly, during the fund raising period, we were told he had about 8weeks to live. It is over 8 weeks now, and he is yet to go for his "supposed" treatment abroad. Which doctor gave the 8weeks verdict? And hwy hasn't he gone for the treatment. Considering the nature of his sickness like we were made to believe, I would expect that that would be done immediately especially as he had the funds at his disposal.

Secondly, I just read that he donated a sum of 200,000 to an orphanage in Lagos. As much as I respect his kind heart, but isn't taking care of his health paramount?

He should try as much as possible so as not to paass a wrong impression on the public. I mean, let's put it this way, I give you money out of my own money and then you go and dash it out? It only means you never needed it in the first place.

For his information, he should sknow that he owe it to the public to know the state of his health.
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by taiocol: 10:44am On Aug 22, 2013
accept it in Good Faith if u donated
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by nedu2000(m): 10:45am On Aug 22, 2013
Nigerians as we all know are capable of anything,OJB may or mayn't 'ave conned us but let's keep our hearts open to charity & giving,its never a bad thing to give

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by Maxdiamond(m): 11:13am On Aug 22, 2013
Obj say he has 8weeks to live,after all d donation,he never go for treatment,he later said middle of august b4 going but now,august av almost ended and he has not gone..Na Wa ooo.
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by kreamidiva(f): 12:54pm On Aug 22, 2013
It is more charitable to give than to receive. People visited him and saw the state of his health before donating abi?

Ngwanu let's leave it to God if a man would lie about his health just to raise cash!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by toobadoo(m): 2:51pm On Aug 22, 2013
Firstly is that your pics on your profile? If that is you wink. I will like to know you better.
Secondly I watched 0jb interview on t.v and he said his kidney problem has been for a long time and he has been treatin it for a long time. Without anyone's consent that he was pushed by friends and colleagues to make it public.I can also remember his daughter to had heart disease a long time ago and he funded it himself.watching him that day he had this lackadaiscal attitude of not really seein it has a big deal if you donate or not so I don't see him as someone who will perform such a public stunt to
Get money

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by SirButty: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2013
caramel007: A couple of months ago, when OJB came out to solicit for help for his kidney problem, I felt so touch and prayed so hard that he would get the much needed help from the public. This was because I recognised him as a star whose talent in the music industry shouldn't be ignored. Especially as Nigeria is known to abandon her own.

His case gathered a lot of support from the public especially via the social media and various blackberry platforms in form of broadcast messages. Nigerians came all out for him, pleading with artistes to help their own. Finally he got more than he needed for his operation abroad. Let me not bore you with the tales since most people know how it went down. With a donation of 5million fromm Psquare, governor Rotimi Amaechi, He got more than he needed.

Please note that this is my own personal opinion which is subject to clarification and dissapproval.
I observed that while he was out soliciting for funds, we never saw ojb in an hospital. I still remember vividly, the case of Steve 'd sleek' Kadiri, We saw him in the hospital, we listened to the doctors, we saw him receiving medical care in the hospital. But permit me to say, for OJB, I can't help but express my doubts, I seriously want to believe him but then I can't help but have my doubts.

Firstly, during the fund raising period, we were told he had about 8weeks to live. It is over 8 weeks now, and he is yet to go for his "supposed" treatment abroad. Which doctor gave the 8weeks verdict? And hwy hasn't he gone for the treatment. Considering the nature of his sickness like we were made to believe, I would expect that that would be done immediately especially as he had the funds at his disposal.

Secondly, I just read that he donated a sum of 200,000 to an orphanage in Lagos. As much as I respect his kind heart, but isn't taking care of his health paramount?

He should try as much as possible so as not to pass a wrong impression on the public. I mean, let's put it this way, I give you money out of my own money and then you go and dash it out? It only means you never needed it in the first place.

For his information, he should know that he owe it to the public to know the state of his health.

i likey. i need to add to this. apart from his health being made public, he needs to give account of all expenses. this is expected in a civilized world.

firstly, the money given by river state govt, N15m / $100k, is enough for flight, operation and post operation bills. this was stated by OJBs camp when confronted by Juliet Ibrahim (google it). meaning, the amount earlier donated (about N10m)counts as extra. the noble thing to do is return the funds to each donor and ask them to channel it to others in need. i know, naija mentality, this is impossible for most people but very easy to the accountability-minded. hence, option B; send letters to each donor notifying them of his gratitude and his intention to send out the funds to others in need (attach a list) then send out the funds as stated. this can be done before or after the operation (although before operation is better to avoid temptation). keeping quiet doesn't and wont work.

secondly, a publicized donation? come on. we saw thru that eons ago.

while i understand all the noise of "God knows best", "leave it to God" etc, its important you know that God is an accountant and he will demand a full account of the expenses, here on earth so don't wait till we get to the pearly gates. God is more interested in people that can make good use of his resources and multiply produce.

OJB, think on these things.
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by caramel007(f): 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
Very true sir_butty, but I doubt if he will be able to do this given the fact that he is already donated part of the money and some other things we might not be aware of.

Come to think of it, it is possible he is also using the donation to the hospice as a smokescreen to cover up the figures. He could claim he donated to charity when people begin to clamour on how he spent the money.

Nigerians should throw sentiments aside in demanding for what is right. I hope this does not affect the next Nigerian with an health issue.
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by mrking3(m): 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2013
Like you read M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ mind!!! I posted something similar to this!!! Seriously I'm being skeptical about his moves!! He doesn't appear pathetic as someone in a Critical Condition!! Smh!! I'm sure other celebrities won't have any course to regret not to have Donated a dime!!
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
Sir_Butty:

i likey. i need to add to this. apart from his health being made public, he needs to give account of all expenses. this is expected in a civilized world.

firstly, the money given by river state govt, N15m / $100k, is enough for flight, operation and post operation bills. this was stated by OJBs camp when confronted by Juliet Ibrahim (google it). meaning, the amount earlier donated (about N10m)counts as extra. the noble thing to do is return the funds to each donor and ask them to channel it to others in need. i know, naija mentality, this is impossible for most people but very easy to the accountability-minded. hence, option B; send letters to each donor notifying them of his gratitude and his intention to send out the funds to others in need (attach a list) then send out the funds as stated. this can be done before or after the operation (although before operation is better to avoid temptation). keeping quiet doesn't and wont work.

secondly, a publicized donation? come on. we saw thru that eons ago.

while i understand all the noise of "God knows best", "leave it to God" etc, its important you know that God is an accountant and he will demand a full account of the expenses, here on earth so don't wait till we get to the pearly gates. God is more interested in people that can make good use of his resources and multiply produce.

OJB, think on these things.

Aaaaah, I actually thot he gave an account of how the money is gonna be spent. I can vividly remember him setting aside some money for FLEXING....hahahaha
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by dplomaticVal: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2013
All this fuss generated here abt this guy is irrelevant,extraneous and uncalled for. Goin dwn memory lane l cn lucidly recall that Ojb nvr coerced or sanctioned anybody to elp him. the donors voluntarily remitted the money to him out of sympathy. so with the money been in his possession he as the right to decide on how or how not to spend it without any external interference. evn in the church whr we pay tithes, we dnt decide for the MOG what to do wit the money so lets allow sleeping dogs lie undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by caramel007(f): 8:12pm On Aug 22, 2013
@diplomaticval. What you mean is that we should not question our leaders when they do not use our resources for what they intended using it for especially during their campaigns? They didn't force us to vote for them too.
Connect the dots........
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by pilotseq: 8:45pm On Aug 22, 2013
caramel007: @diplomaticval. What you mean is that we should not question our leaders when they do not use our resources for what they intended using it for especially during their campaigns? They didn't force us to vote for them too.
Connect the dots........
..... Please enof of this ojb wahala. Biko nne ldi toooooo BERIFUL.. Please how do i meet you? grin m very serious hia cool
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by dplomaticVal: 9:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
@Cara, ..though l won't advocate for our leaders to usurp the citizenry for any reason, bt the indubitable fact still remains that, the indisposed artist cum producer, has been making judicious use of the money he received. so it's unfair for you to question his credibility and sincerity.

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by bloglover(m): 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2013
Thats his own cup of beans. Kidney beans 2 b precise
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by pheyikemi: 10:29pm On Aug 22, 2013
Max'diamond:
Obj say he has 8weeks to live,after all d donation,he never go for treatment,he later said middle of august b4 going but now,august av almost ended and he has not gone..Na Wa ooo.
How did OBJ get here now Thot we were discussing OJB
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by joyli: 11:28pm On Aug 22, 2013
pheyikemi: How did OBJ get here now Thot we were discussing OJB
grin
grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin laughter won kill me here. Ojb, obj !
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by vokalguy(m): 12:56am On Aug 23, 2013
Forget OJB, Girl u fiiiiine lol
Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by souleymon(m): 2:43am On Aug 23, 2013
her picture is fake

2 Likes

Re: Why I Don't Believe OJB... by vokalguy(m): 2:30pm On Aug 23, 2013
souleymon: her picture is fake

Well that was a mood killer...

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Regina Askia's Mum + Pays Toucing Tribute To Her / Pls, Vote A Nairalander for Miss Unilag 2014 / 9ice Shows Off 4th Child From 3rd Baby Mama-Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.