Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:14 PM

Accidently Bricked My HTC One - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Accidently Bricked My HTC One (4678 Views)

Pls Help!!! I Just Bricked My Samsung Galaxy J5 / Pls Help I Just Bricked My Infinix Hot X501 / Soft Bricked My Galaxy S2 Any Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accidently Bricked My HTC One by Netz2(m): 10:36am On Aug 22, 2013
guys im very desperate here i accident soft bricked my HTC one phone. It is stuck on bootloop after I tried to flash Android Revolution HD one, I guess idid it wrong.

I have tried many attempts but im really new at this, my phone is already rooted and i have the TWRP recovery and that is working fine but i did the dumb mistake of not backing it up.
I

have already tried clearing cache and tried re installing the ROM but im still stuck on the boot loop. The folder doesnt pop up anymore on my devices on my computer so i cant add anything to it since everything is internal. please help

i did the cmd flashboot with the boot.img of the ROM but now its just looping the HTC logo undecided
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by maxjax(m): 11:25am On Aug 22, 2013
I don't think you are flashing it with the right ROM, if it HTC one as you rightly said, you should have flashed it with "Android Revolution HD 13.2 | High Quality & Performance | Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean" not Android Revolution HD 1
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:39am On Aug 22, 2013
restock jejely.

u flashed a wrong rom
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by puskin: 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
see wahala.....who the hell does any flashing without doing a backup first?

Like 4ller said:
4llerbuntu: restock jejely.

u flashed a wrong rom

Advice: Always do a backup for every ROM that you flash to your phone and save on your PC.
You never might know when it will come in handy.
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2013
puskin: see wahala.....who the hell does any flashing without doing a backup first?

Like 4ller said:

Advice: Always do a backup for every ROM that you flash to your phone and save on your PC.
You never might know when it will come in handy.
lol give guy a break it happened to me once that's how I lost my stock rom.
d good thing is it still coming on so bro u haven't bricked ur pone u just installed a rom that isn't compatable wit ur pone, try flash another one in it.
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:48pm On Aug 22, 2013
The phone is internal memory only and i doubt if he has CWM installed.

if i understand him well, he cannot access the phone memory to copy files for flashing on it anymore.

which means he has to flash with a PC, which would explain the flashboot Boot.img he was talking about.

Simply put, you need professional help, or a calm mind and Open Brain.

The phone is not yet hard bricked so a STOCK ROM flash should restore it.

.RUU are here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2158151

[size=18pt]HTC ONE OOO[/size], NOT ONE X, NOT ONE X+

is your phone even HTC One sef? whats the Model Number? Because i don't understand the flashing wrong Rom part..
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
I don't know which Rom you are trying to flash but i will add that you need to wipe data/factory reset before flashing roms for the first time or anytime , and some roms goes with 4ext not twrp and by the way if you are on s:off you don't need to flash the boot.img....just check your procedure and try again you can afford to brick suck kind of gadget.
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by Nobody: 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2013
if yhu av a cwm recovery go to mounts n storage when yhu enter recovery n choose mount USB storage so DAT ur PC would b able to see ur phone .so yhu can move d ROM yhu downloaded on ur PC to ur device.
nxt time do a backup b4 flashing any ROM.
if yhu don't av a cmw recovery, that money don burn!
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
First of all, check your md5.

If it doesn't match, jejely RUU

If it matches,there are 2 things involved:
Either you interfered with the flashing process or you flashed the wrong Rom

just enter cmd, type "fastboot erase cache"
get to your recovery, "adb reboot recovery"

On your twrp, mount usb and copy the Rom back to a specific folder then re-flash. First flash your boot.img, could be an s-off or h-boot problem too.

Your liver never cut for this kind thing
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by ujuchiagorom: 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2013
having exactly the same issue .... please has anyone been able to solve this issue? cos i cant access my phone(htc one x +) memory to dump rom files...i'm wondering if using a stock ruu installation file can help out...make una pardon us wey no too know abeg...just help.
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by jreyez(m): 11:20pm On Oct 26, 2013
If you accidentally bricked your device.... And you're in lagos.... Pls Holla jreyez on 08140321253, whatsapp, bbm
-7AE7FA43 I'll help you.
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by tonardo(m): 8:02am On Oct 27, 2013
One of the disadvantage of buying a phone without external memory.. I am sorry guy.
God will see you through..
Re: Accidently Bricked My HTC One by Posman(m): 2:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
u dint s-off ur device that's y its stuck at bootloop.
u ll need to flash the boot.img from the rom u flashed seperately. u ll extract the boot.img and flash it on fastboot. u ll need ur adb files for this

(1) (Reply)

Glo 30mb Finishes Too Quickly / TECNO L9 System Update......amdroid 8.0? / List Of Phones You Can Get With N40,000 Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.