Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,319 members, 7,808,072 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. (20012 Views)

EFCC Arraigns Akpobolokemi, Ex-nimasa DG And Nine Others For Alleged N1.153bn Sc / Seun Kuti Goes Hard On Oby Ezekwesili Over Al Jazeera Interview / Yobe Governor Shuns Minister Over Al-mustapha Rally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by karlmax2: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
KINSMEN and other political stakeholders in Nasarawa State have asked Governor Umaru Tanko Al-Makura to explain why he allegedly spent N1.5 billion on his son’s wedding in the United States (U.S.).
Al-Makura returned to the country on Monday but was yet to resume official duties as the state’s chief executive. It was gathered that while he was away, official activities were halted as most government offices were deserted following the absence of his cabinet members, most of who were said to have travelled with him.

In a swift reaction, however, the government denied the allegation and rather shifted blame on opponents. Secretary to the State Government (SSG) Hajia Zainab Abdulmumin wondered how much the state gets in monthly allocation from the federation that would warrant the spending of such a huge amount of money on wedding.

“It doesn’t even sound right,” she said, adding: “I can categorically tell you that there was nothing like that and the burden of proof lies on the people making the allegation.”

She insisted that most of the people, especially those in the cabinet, went on their own, including the Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Emma Yaji, who she said was based in the U.S. before his appointment.

Similarly, a press statement by the Governor’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Press Affairs, Sani Musa Mairiga, held the allegations as baseless, unwarranted and unfounded.

The statement wondered how a wedding ceremony would gulp such huge money, which amounts to 70 per cent of the state’s monthly allocation from the federation.

http://www.theguardianmobile.com/readNewsItem1.php?nid=16604
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by emiye(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2013
campaign of calumny

PDP, you no dey tire !

10 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by karlmax2: 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
emiye: campaign of calumny

PDP, you no dey tire !
...if the report was about a pdp governor it becomes ok but when is about a apc governor its a campaign of columny.i guess that's the new logic of the progressive. Nigerians are wiser

25 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by emiye(m): 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2013
karl max: ...if the report was about a pdp governor it becomes ok but when is about a apc governor its a campaign of columny.i guess that's the new logic of the progressive. Nigerians are wiser

I always believe everybody has commonsense and conscience, they might only deactivate it.

Common sense should tell you, how did the opposition arrive at such figures?

Conscience should tell you why am i propagating lies simply to discredit the opposition?

5 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Itoroetti(m): 1:26pm On Aug 22, 2013
Progressive indeed.they've promise 40,0000mw of electricity under 4yrs as it is a pure water company.

Wolf in sheep clothing.

10 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by karlmax2: 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
emiye:

I always believe everybody has commonsense and conscience, they might only deactivate it.

Common sense should tell you, how did the opposition arrive at such figures?

Conscience should tell you why am i propagating lies simply to discredit the opposition?
just like how ur apc cook up figures and lies against the ruling party. Now ur questioning the figure cos its not a pdp governor.... Another progressive logic

3 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by emiye(m): 1:43pm On Aug 22, 2013
karl max: just like how ur apc cook up figures and lies against the ruling party. Now ur questioning the figure cos its not a pdp governor.... Another progressive logic

Oh !,good. So you know it is a cook up figure and lie.

Then don't propagate lies if you know it is not true.

4 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by karlmax2: 2:02pm On Aug 22, 2013
emiye:

so u also know that the apc cook up figures and lie too .abeg make we hear word hypocrite, because. It involves a progressive theif is now a lie.. if really he is a true progressive why is his son not wedding in nassarawa!!since u lot claim the opposition states are heaven and has transformed than any other state.a progressive spending 1.5 billion for sons wedding in far away yankee. Just like u people claim fashola has restored the lagos state health sector with modern and world class equipments.but his master Tinubu is abroad receiving treatment.

7 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by emiye(m): 2:06pm On Aug 22, 2013
karl max: so u also know that the apc cook up figures and lie too .abeg make we hear word hypocrite, because. It involves a progressive theif is now a lie.. if really he is a true progressive why is his son not wedding in nassarawa!!since u lot claim the opposition states are heaven and has transformed than any other state.a progressive spending 1.5 billion for sons wedding in far away yankee. Just like u people claim fashola has restored the lagos state health sector with modern and world class equipments.but his master Tinubu is abroad receiving treatment.

Pull out those lies by APC and challenge it logically using common sense and conscience.

I will like to know those lies by the APC
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by solomon111(m): 2:18pm On Aug 22, 2013
emiye:

shut up and stop derailing the topic,you fake progressive.
May God expose all of you one by one.

3 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by solomon111(m): 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
Front page
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by emiye(m): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2013
solomon111: shut up and stop derailing the topic,you fake progressive.
May God expose all of you one by one.

Stop getting unnecessarily emotional, and calling God's name in vain.

I am calling out that Karl max guy, the karl max i read in history was a great philosopher and logical thinker, if he will adopt karl max name on nairaland, then he must operate like him.

Or is Karl max= solomon111 ?

2 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Mogten(m): 3:53pm On Aug 22, 2013
Hmmm.... Nawao
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Maxymilliano(m): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2013
Itoroetti :
Progressive indeed.they've promise 40,0000mw of electricity under 4yrs as it is a pure water company.

Perhaps they plan to distribute hurricane lamps and candles

7 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by karlmax2: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Perhaps they plan to distribute hurricane lamps and candles
lol
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by gramci: 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
Progressive spending

1 Like

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by gerald09(m): 8:50pm On Aug 22, 2013
Don't really know if these allegations are true but its difficult not believing it. The state in which Nassarawa state is is really disturbing depict APC's claim to be a progressive party. That state was d only state Buhari's CPC won n yet it has not being able to show d "progressiveness" well it shows looting aint a PDP thing its a Nigerian thing.

4 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by SLIDiE(m): 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2013
If only common sense were that common, many wld av knwn it is not possible!

The fees are soooo outrageous that a dead man will wake up and defend himself if the lies were against him!

So, u think N1.5b is wot u use to by beans?

For ur info: N1b will come after N999million naira!

3 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 24, 2013
how did they arrive at the figure
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by henryvirus(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2013
#1.5b?? Chei! Dat is 999million + 6million!! I dnt tink dt can b spent on a wedding....smh. I wonda watz going on
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Adex097: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2013
Yungwizzzy: .
Busted!!!
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by alphaconde(m): 10:03am On Aug 24, 2013
APC all they want is power
Power to do what?
To steal and surpress people.

What disgust me is that those iSsues pdp has corrected in their fold is what they r into. GEJ has banned party members partying abroad, can apc do so?
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Kslib(m): 10:04am On Aug 24, 2013
Da fuq!!!**puts hand on head***
All izz well!

1 Like

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 24, 2013
APC my foot
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Sunymoore(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2013
What are you all saying. It don tey wey I lost hope for this country wlh. Even if he spends the National budget on his son wedding e no concern me abeg.
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by awodman: 10:09am On Aug 24, 2013
So a thread like this made front page shocked shocked shocked ...interesting!!
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2013
[size=2pt]ok[/size]
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by kennyonthrone(m): 10:11am On Aug 24, 2013
Wat a hype....gues hoeva put dat upp dont really knw d'value of d'figure he put up dia he is so unrealistic nd sure is a learner if he's(their)aim is 2 score cheap pol points
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 24, 2013
1.5billion on wedding,my God,what do they eat,Gucci rice,POlo spaghetti,or YSL meat......our leader are our biggest problem in Africa,they steal blindly without any remorse.

2 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Debroslink: 10:12am On Aug 24, 2013
henryvirus: #1.5b?? Chei! Dat is 999million + 6million!! I dnt tink dt can b spent on a wedding....smh. I wonda watz going on
Simple maths you no sabi.tsceeew...
1.5b = 999 million + 501 million.

However, nothing is impossible when it comes to Nigerian politicians spending dollars in yankee

5 Likes

Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by theozobby(m): 10:17am On Aug 24, 2013
Lekwanu ego nile eji mee memme
Re: Controversy Over Al-makura’s Son’s Alleged N1.5B Wedding In U.S. by Akshow: 10:20am On Aug 24, 2013
Thunder, amadioha., sango, obatala, strike dead all thiefin politicians. Let me hear a loud Amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC Youths Blast Bisi Akande Over Comment On Buhari's Health / Bode George Appeals To Foreign Nations Not To Lend Any Money To Buhari / Pro And Anti-Oshiomhole Forces Fight Dirty In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.