Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,354 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:10 AM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (103836 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 22, 2015
Idowuogbo:
Is it an 80's theme wedding? Or am I missing something? undecided undecided

Damn grin grin grin

you all should take it easy on her, it is a wedding for petes sakes. she isnt meant to look has gorgeous as the bride. lipsrsealed so it is quite understandable grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by dre11(m): 1:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
There are only two things I don't like about the dress and dressing

1 the hair fascinator

2 the black lace embroidery around her waist line of the dress
It could be appropriate if the laced was a bit smaller like 1/3 of the width of what was used

Apart from that..... Have seen people wearing whites to wedding now

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 6:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
@idowuogbo
Thank you for hitting the nail on the head, i saw this picture and i felt even though she looked dressed up for the wedding,something was off, and you helped me figure out what it was, this outfit and the head piece or probably the angle it was placed on or the angle th epicture was taken from looked like what i would find in my mom's album. So yea it looks like a throw back(to the eighties) ....lol

@MoNickk
Yea I can understand that people are breaking boundaries in styling appropriately for an even but comm'on ,when there's a a colour theme for a wedding like that of Solange you mentioned, why then be the rebel on that person's special day. Solange and her Hubby chose white and even her Grammy award winning sister respected the couple's choice of colour . This isn't W.E.R.K.I.N.G for me at all....lol

@dre11
YESSS!!! it is definitely the lace trimmings and where it was placed on the dress.

This is why i like this thread , everyone brings in their opinion on what is off and what is spot on in an outfit posted here.

The makeup is okay , but really even if this dress came in purple and black , or even in one of my favourite colour pink and black i will still not go gaga for it on Genny. Something's off , and i think it's the head piece or something... Still observing though.

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
GLAMSQUAD:

@MoNickk
Yea I can understand that people are breaking boundaries in styling appropriately for an even but comm'on ,when there's a a colour theme for a wedding like that of Solange you mentioned, why then be the rebel on that person's special day. Solange and her Hubby chose white and even her Grammy award winning sister respected the couple's choice of colour . This isn't W.E.R.K.I.N.G for me at all....lol

sorry I gotta tell u this again but she released some more pictures from her wedding and all her bridesmaids wore white. guess she was trying to go along with solanges theme. its all good though.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
Noted.

I just took another look at the hair too, is she going natural or is that a wig,anyone know how it's styled
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 10:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
I think it was a white themed wedding. All the bridesmaids & friends of d bride wore white. I think the outfit is boring & gunny tried to liven it up a bit unfortunately the fascinator didn't "werk". Still SHE looked great despite the failings of the outfit
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 4:37pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ok, I get it. This is not the genny look we've come to love but I don't find anything boooriiing in this look. Ok she decides to go old schoolish with her natural hair and then childish with the hair fascinator while rocking a fitted, sleeveless, white gown which did justice to her shape despite the lace embroidery, with makeup on point, simple jewelry and charisma?

I'l say my gurl rocked this look real good, aint fining her on nada.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 7:26am On Apr 24, 2015
Thats the thing , she has a great body but i don't think the dress did any justice to that body , i usually like her style of dressing, it's not Genny ,its the dress.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 24, 2015
The dress looks clumsy on her.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 3:44am On Apr 27, 2015
verdict anyone undecided
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
Bangleslover, chill first na, I avnt spokentongue

Ehen, *clears throat* no offence to most of y'all but I av to say she looks soo freaking good.. I get that wearing white to a wedding when ur not the bride isn't that acceptable in this part of the world,but she Rocked it well,with a capital R sef,, out of deference to the bride(I'm assuming) the black lace came in,and say what u will(dre) but the width works well,if it had been smaller it wuld be less noticeable and we wuld focus more on the colour of d dress, wish she'd lose d fascinator tho,its distracting,, wuld love to see her shoes too, all in all , she looks great.. No fining angry

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 1:53pm On Apr 28, 2015
Lets have the verdict , anyone?
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 29, 2015
GLAMSQUAD:

hello welcome back to the thread smiley

if i may ask why can't you give us the verdict ma'am? No one else can give this verdict except you and the op. please lets move on, thanks.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2015
GLAMSQUAD:

Just checked Joywendy's profile, she's been MIA for some days now. I hope she's aii.

So since you're back, you can give the verdict.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 11:01pm On Apr 29, 2015
Ok then , @luxanne

VERDICT

Well i hope this doesn't sound off as a biased verdict since i made it clear here that i'm not a fan of this dress ,but i'll have to give it a[b] P (PASS)[/b]

We love you Genny but ,we also expected better . grin Wish we had a picture where we could see the shoes she wore with this dress maybe that would have helped. But so far Nothing Wowie here .

Next Picture Please

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 11:37pm On Apr 29, 2015
phew! I can finally upload the pic I've been dying to upload.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 11:38pm On Apr 29, 2015
phew! I can finally upload the pic I've been dying to upload. Thanks GLAMSQUAD
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 11:43pm On Apr 29, 2015
sometimes,in an effort to be different,we end up looking stupid. sorry but I dnt get what the designer n designeee of this dress were trying to do. I wish they had just stopped at the pink part n not added the train like thing...shoes? wrong for me. Make up? not so sure. love her hair tho.

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 11:44pm On Apr 29, 2015
Monickk we await your picture...
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 12:11am On Apr 30, 2015
Adaeze003:
Monickk we await your picture...
it has been put up

@pic seriously what's with everyone and the apron kinda style i don't get it at all!
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 30, 2015
That tail abi na train should have been put at the back! That would have given it the edge they wanted. As it is now, it does look clumsy and she could even step on it.

Nice color combo though. I'm indifferent about the shoes. Not bad, not fantastic.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 10:37am On Apr 30, 2015
You're welcome @MoNickk

Oh my Goodness!

what's with the Apron style ,i hope she doesn't trip on that extra fabric and fall . And yes that make-up on her face is scary to say the least , the only thing i like here is the hair, i give her a thumbs up though for actually stepping out in this.

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Adaeze003(f): 9:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
Uhm... the makeup is indeed wack and i'm all for creativity but this is just too much for me. lol.

Nice color combo...
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 9:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
Oh no! Not another apron-like looking dress. Is this what's trending, fashionwise? embarassed

Am aware of the back drop flow design which I kinda like but this front view, it def aint working. These designers need to make this work, find ways to and stop creating mishaps!

However, comparing this to the last pic we had, this looks ok if only she didn't overflow it.

Shoes? Eish!

Make up? *pukes*

Not feeling this look atall!

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 2:31pm On May 01, 2015
The lady has a great figure though , if only she got rid of the apron , the shoes and toned down the makeup.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by dre11(m): 9:23am On May 02, 2015
The only thing I like about the outfit is the colour combinations......

Apart from that..... Nothing embarassed
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by MoNickk(f): 9:44am On May 02, 2015
GLAMSQUAD:
The lady has a great figure though , if only she got rid of the apron , the shoes and toned down the makeup.
seriously...It Woulda looked much better in a sort of half peplum n if she had extra fabric and didn't know what to do with it,a scarf Woulda been ok.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 10:56am On May 02, 2015
This is not only hideous but dangerous.

You have to only imagine what would happen if she happens to step on the overflowing "frontal tail" while working. Clothes are made to make us comfortable not injure us.

I would give this a negative rating of -5/10.

4 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 02, 2015
Its very obvious the designer made a couple of mistakes coz from all indications,the overflowing apron is supposed to be at d back while the pink bodice should be in d front, and also d apron should be sewn to the pink material not left loose on its own like that,that dress is a disaster waiting to happen,I just hope the lady isn't accident prone.. Won't bother to talk about her shoes n make up,there's no pointlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 2:00pm On May 02, 2015
i just they laugh since morning, You people wont kill me on this thread grin grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 6:44pm On May 03, 2015
hello everyone, i apologize for my lil absence having some bad issues with network over here. Thanks Glamsquard and Monnick smiley luxanne am good. phema cheesy welcome!
Big thanks to everyone for keeping this thread lively smiley

well well all has been said about the picture, i guess its time for the verdict.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 7:31pm On May 03, 2015
VERDICT

FROM THE COMMENTS ABOVE, I HAVE COME UP WITH THE FOLLOWING:

THE GOOD/ AVERAGE cheesy

HAIR: LOVELY wink

COLOUR COMBO: ON POINT cheesy

THE BAD/HORRIBLE angry

MAKEUP : WTF! BABEZ WHY NA? MAKE UP IS MEANT TO MAKE YOU LOOK ATTRACTIVE AND NOT REPULSIVE grin SERIOUSLY THIS MAKE UP IS TERRIFYING MEHN. PLS WE ARE IN A NEW ERA, CHANGE YOUR WAYS grin

SHOES: OKAY, THE COLOUR OF THE SHOE & THE SHOE ITSELF WITH THE DRESS SEEMS OFF. IN FACT I M OUT OF WORDS TO DESCRIBE THE SHOE. undecided

THE APRON/ TAIL/ WHATEVER angry : THIS IS NOT ONLY HIDEOUS, SILLY, TERRIBLE BUT EXTREMELY DANGEROUS! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING GIRL? ABI NA SO YOUR TAILOR HATE YOU LIKE THIS? MSTEWWW

SORRY BABE BUT YOU JUST VEX ME. YOU HAVE BEEN SEVERELY FINED WITH NO MERCY FOR THE ABOVE FASHION BLUNDERS angry angry

THANKS Y'ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS

NEXT PIC PLEASE smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (41) (Reply)

Eyelashes: Why Do Nigerian Men Pretend They Are Not Attracted To This On A Lady? / Who Is Star Delguidice? Lady With Bum Implants Unable To Sit Down (see Photos) / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.