Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police (104099 Views)

Naija Peeps and our Fashion Blunders. A.k.a Fashion Police / Naija Fashion Police / Fashion Police In The Sun News Paper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by LaurinaDavid(f): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2014
That's a nice jacket and since she's on a crop top, a high waist shorts would ve been perfect for it

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2014
onegig: lol...Which kain dressing be this? shey na her house she think she dey?
lol even house cloth get grade grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by HumbledbYGrace(f): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2014
joywendy: lol even house cloth get grade grin
I tell ya

I reserved my comment, crop tops and that long skirt with the jacket

Looks like a haloween costume.

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 11:04pm On Sep 11, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: I tell ya

I reserved my comment, crop tops and that long skirt with the jacket

Looks like a haloween costume.
lmao! I'm even trying to see what exactly is good about the outfit but seriously chai!
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 1:05am On Sep 12, 2014
Nice hairdo, make up on point and a great smile.

The dress? A very long jacket on a very long skirt? Not feeling her outfit.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 1:31am On Sep 12, 2014
it almost looks like she's drowning in the long jacket slash kimono, her pose isn't doing her any good at all, as if the long stripes on the already long jacket is not enough , she had to stand straight as well. I like the wearer , i like the hair do, but this outfit isn't well put together ,sorry. undecided

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 10:03am On Sep 12, 2014
Ok..Let me just give constructive criticism.

First she doesn't really have the height, so wearing the overall would definitely expose this.

Someone with height would have carried it more gracefully.

Also, the colour of the outfit is a bit dark. I wouldn't have advised such colours. If you look at her complexion and the colour of the outfit, there's almost like a semblance which makes it dull and bland to look at. When you look at someone . If she were more fairer than this, it would have been more graceful to watch as her skin colour would be a distracting point to look at.

As for the skirt or Shey na gown. Error is what I would say. A trousers or a jumpsuit would have been more appropriate. For God's sake a gown on such overalls? What was she thinking?

Rating 7/10. She's looking lovely except for just some little mistakes here and there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2014
I am not feeling the long shirt on the dress it didn't work.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by maxiflexi(f): 4:17pm On Sep 12, 2014
Glamsquad, this pic is an epic fail. Toyin Jola..., this outfit is not bringing back the 80s or the 90s! She actually reminds me of secondary sch days & my first black bra - I'd sit in front of d mirror looking like Toyin, then get up, button my 'Mary-amaka'. blouse & run off for lessons. hahahahahaha

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 1:10am On Sep 13, 2014
Thanks yall for the comments.
VERDICT
Based on the comments above

The Good cheesy

Hair-lovely
Make up- beautiful
Accesories- good

The bad and The ugly angry

The Jacket- The jacket doesn't fit her at all, it like getting an extra large top and giving it to someone of medium size to wear. It just doesn't work! It would have been better if it was a bit shorter and fitted or if she didn't wear one at all.

The crop top and skirt- I really don't get the concept here. After wearing the long jacket she decided to wear a long skirt! A long skirt for crying out loud!! I don't know what to say about that top because the jacket itself just kinda ruined the whole outfit.

The colours- very dull indeed, a brighter colour would have been okay. The black just makes it look like she's about to mourn someone. Her face says something but her outfit says a completely different thing.

Overall outfit- not too bad not too good either. The combination of clothes was terrible.If she was trying to dress like those back in the day, then she really messed up.
So madam toyin you would be fined seriously for the above listed fashion crimes. angry

Thanks for the contributions
Next pic please smiley

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by adisa204(m): 10:27am On Sep 13, 2014
HumbledbYGrace: Please don't start booing me or anything here but that look #Julia Roberts....isn't it a bit of a see through and too revealing for her age? Scratch that even if it was Demi Lavato wearing that I'd say its too revealing. That said, I love the shoes and the simple look, she aging gracefully thanks God.
she s 46 and she has d legs for it I bet even demi lavato can't look this gorgeous in d short dress omo as a guy I give her 8.5 out of 10

3 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
@maxiflexi ROTFL cheesy cheesy cheesy oh yeaaa i get the picture and its true , that's what the look reminds me of too.

@onegig You're right , a taller lady would have pulled off the outer wear/kimono .

I think she can do better next time. smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 13, 2014
Hi guys. Missed out o! But dis Aunty Joyce(dats wat she looks like) outfit sha. Prints not stripes, pants not a gown would have done beta. She's lucky Ma'm Joan is no more. Lol. #RipJoanRivers

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
. smiley
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2014
What's with these forty something year old ladies intimidating us youngsters ?? Please guys , remind me to look like this when i'm in my forties grin grin grin .

Okay , Here is my sweet J.lo looking hawt and fierce in Atelier Versace attending the FASHION ROCKS 2014 Event at Barclays Centre in Brooklyn last Tuesday. No matter what angle she stood on , the camera loved her. Now to the dress ..*aaham* ( clears throat)..

Honestly i can not fault this look , i don't care what anyone says , too much legs or not , it's a designers art work and i can not think of any one else who could have pulled it off the way J.lo did here. Ok, maybe the earrings were too much because i can imagine the noise and discomfort when they clash with the metal chokers of the dress,apart from that ,everything else from the hair ,shoes, make up and the clutch is Perfecto!

Oh did i mention, she's 46 smiley She even rocked it better than the young model on the runway.

WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK OF THIS LOOK?

P.S
By the way @Joywendy i think its time you post our rules and regulations on the page to remind us not to derail with adverts,greetings and chit chats. You can do this by amending one of your posts here ,by copying and pasting on the amended posts. thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Lawrence14: 2:32pm On Sep 14, 2014
J.lo the fashion icon with that body that makes you dream and stare with stars on your head.Everything is just Fabulous head to toe.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2014
Oh no she didn't do the angelina jolie posegringrin .. Fellow fashion lovers, this is what fierce looks like in case you had no idea,, from the hair do to the pose to the metallic accents, the smoldering eyes and nu. de lips?? Absolute perfection!!!

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2014
J-LO, perfectionafobulous......

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by dorofine(f): 4:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
I like her glowing skin, nice hair and cool make up. she is looking nice. But she should have used a small ear ring and heel sandal.

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:46am On Sep 15, 2014
Hi people, we all have been linent and breaking the rules including myself now it is time to get back to serious business. Please let's try to abide by this rules. Not conforming to this rules might lead to a ban.

[b]RULES
1. DO NOT POST ADVERTS HERE ,DO NOT DERAIL THE THREAD . (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)

2. COMMENTS SHOULD BE RELATED TO THE OVERALL OUTFIT ( HAIR ,SHOES, DRESS,MAKEUP E.T.C ). ALSO .YOU CAN COMMENT REGARDING THE OCCASION OR EVENT THE OUTFIT WAS WORN TO.

3. VERDICTS WILL BE RENDERED AFTER RECEIVING AT LEAST 4 COMMENTS FROM NAIRALANDERS ON THE CURRENT PICTURE,AND ONCE THE FINAL VERDICT HAS BEEN GIVEN BY EITHER I THE OP(joywendy) OR (GLAMSQUARD) ,WE MOVE ON TO THE NEXT PICTURE. PLEASE DO NOT POST A NEW PICTURE IF THE FINAL VERDICT IS NOT GIVEN ON THE CURRENT PICTURE.

4. FINAL VERDICT IS GIVEN BASED ON HOW MUCH POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE COMMENTS HAS BEEN READ

e.g IF 3 OUT OF 4 COMMENTS ARE GOOD THEN THE FINAL VERDICT WILL BE A POSITIVE ONE ,IF 3 OUT OF 4 COMMENTS ARE BAD THEN VICE VERSA ,IN OTHER WORDS THE WEARER IN THE PICTURE IS GUILTY OF A FASHION OR STYLE OFFENCE.

5. YOU ARE FREE TO POST A PICTURE OF ANYONE , AT ANY EVENT THEY MAY HAVE ATTENDED (CELEBRITY OR NO CELEBRITY ) BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU GET THE CONSENT OF THE NAIRALANDER FIRST BEFORE POSTING A PERSONAL PICTURE OF A NAIRALANDER AS STATED IN RULE NUMBER 9 ON NAIRALAND. YOU MAY BE BANNED FROM THIS SITE IF YOU DO SO.

6. DO NOT ENGAGE IN SQUABBLES OR ABUSIVE WORDS WITH ANOTHER COMMENTATOR ,YOU ARE FREE TO SECOND ANYONE'S COMMENTS ON AN OUT FIT POSTED HERE BY AGREEING TO THEIR COMMENTS AND ADDING YOUR FINAL THOUGHTS. LETS KEEP IT PLAIN,NICE AND SIMPLE.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT THESE RULES CAN BE CHANGED OR MODIFIED AT ANY POINT IN TIME. THANKS.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 12:50am On Sep 15, 2014
To the picture @ hand. Speechless grin
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 4:17am On Sep 15, 2014
GLAMSQUAD: . smiley
Stumbled on your show on Stv yesterday. It was nice however I don't truly agree with the verdict against Wande Coal but notwithstanding you got a tight one running there. Best wishes.

@Thread

No comment. My show image button is off. cheesy

From the word J alone, I know it can be "hurtful" to my eyes. grin

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2014
andromida: Anyone want to buy wholesale human hair weft ? please contact me by email : maggie.wong@outuo-hair.com or whatsapp me +86 13422603724

Not to derail the thread but i didn't post this advert. I don't sell wholesale human hair, do not own this airtel number and have no email like this.
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 15, 2014
Not a fan of the dress and the ear rings seem to clash with the dress. J lo looks hot though.

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by onegig(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2014
andromida:

Not to derail the thread but i didn't post this advert. I don't sell wholesale human hair, do not own this airtel number and have no email like this.

Lol. To think I had already dialed the number thinking I was calling you. grin

1 Like

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by luxanne(f): 4:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Oh boi, I can forgive her for those bold earings cuz she looked well beyond words cheesy Damn jlo, do u have to make me look at myself again and wondering how I'l look when I clock 46 grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by fashionista4eva: 10:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
What do you think of this look? Is it a hit or miss? would you actually wear this outfit?..
Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by GLAMSQUAD: 11:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
@onegig Aww... thanks dear ,glad you tuned in , Well like i always say- it's just a show and the style vigilante team are just doing their job , we can't all agree with them all the time , but you know , you can always tweet us your thoughts whenever the show is going on , we have some electronic/I.T issues that we're still sorting out , once it's sorted , viewers who who tweet about their opinion on the looks on the show can see their tweets live on t.v on the show. Thanks again for watching .

@fashionista4eva Hi sweet , could you remove the picture you posted for now, as there are rules guiding this awesome thread regarding posting pictures for comments. You have to wait for the moderator of the thread to give a verdict before the next picture comes up. Thanks smiley

Back to J.lo

@thatgurlvixen Yep! she did the Angelina Jolie all legs pose, but you know i still like that pose on Angie though cheesy her personality sort of gives it an edgy look.

@lawrence14 tell me about it ...that Bod!

@luxanne am with you on this , she makes girls like us go into hiding whenever she steps out like this....lol grin

People this is intimidation ,or should i say inspiration, i went back to start working out because of this picture....lol ( jogged for 30 mins ,skipped for 15 mins and did some heart pump aerobics for 10 mins today) who knows if i keep up with it i may look like this when i'm 46 grin Honestly She just commands clothes with her body. Feisty! wink

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 3:34am On Sep 16, 2014
fashionista4eva hello,thanks for your photo. As glam has said there are rules of this thread, which has been posted on this page for everyone to see. The verdict of the other picture as not been given yet. In order not to make this thread look disorgainzed, I would suggest you remove your picture and wait till the verdict is given. Thanks.

Andromida no problem at all, I understand. I have reported that person's post to the mods. I guess they would do to him what seems approriate.

Back to base
Glamsquard it's like I would join you for that excercise oh grin aspa this lady is something else. First it was julia now it's J lo. This is inspiration! Oya people let's go back to excercising and keeping in shape and we would probably look better than this two ladies when we are 50 cheesy grin
Btw where is mitchyy and adaeze003 haven't seen them for a while
Thanks yall for your comments.
Verdict coming soon

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 4:28am On Sep 16, 2014
VERDICT
From the comments above
The good smiley

Hair-lovely smiley
Make up- beautiful kiss
Nails- me likey! On point cheesy
Accesories- Good!

Not so good sad
The ear rings- seems too big for this her outfit, the outfit alone as enough attention grin Putting on a smaller one would have been much preferable. At least more focus on her face than the jewelry.

To fine her or not?
J.lo Based on the comments above and your wonderful look.I would let you go but on a serious and clear warning, don't go for the oversized earrings if you are going to wear something as bold like this outfit if you do we might not be so merciful.

Overall outfit- Beautiful! Perfection! Fashion Goddess! cheesy

Thanks for your comments

Next picture please smiley

2 Likes

Re: SNFP:Social Network Fashion Police by joywendy(f): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2014
Hello people

First of all, before we go on.
I appreciate everyone for their contributions to this great thread even after some 'witches and wizrads' grin decided to wipe out nairaland and we lost most of our pages. We still stayed strong smiley
I want to make an official annocement. Glamsquad a.k.a you know who is back wink
And she would join hands with me on taking the verdict of this thread. I thank mitchyy and thatgurlvixen for helping me in taking the verdicts of this thread while
we were both away. I'm very grateful smiley

Rules have been modified
Let's the pic start rolling in and let's not forget to obey the rules and most important of all: have fun! wink cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (41) (Reply)

Who Is Star Delguidice? Lady With Bum Implants Unable To Sit Down (see Photos) / Wedding Hairstyles Gallery For Natural Hair / Black Girls Killing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.