Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

The Wire VS Prison Break Which Is The Most Entertaining? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Wire VS Prison Break Which Is The Most Entertaining? (3964 Views)

Entertaining Our Children On Nigerian Television / Prison Break Season 5/6 / TV Shows: Prison Break, Lost Or 24? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wire VS Prison Break Which Is The Most Entertaining? by NafeesaAA(f): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2013
I ve been hearing about this new series called THE WIRE but am yet to watch it, I know PRISON BREAK is a world class masterpiece until the Michael Scofield guy turn to Gay.
I need an objective analysis of this new series called THE WIRE so that I can place my order for all the available episodes.
Re: The Wire VS Prison Break Which Is The Most Entertaining? by Jalal(m): 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2013
Ok will watch season1 eps1 and get back to u! Scofield fall our hand big time smh!

2 Likes

Re: The Wire VS Prison Break Which Is The Most Entertaining? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 22, 2013
So Prison break is no longer a 'world class masterpiece (according to you)' because Michael Scofield is gay? Mtcheew....

3 Likes

Re: The Wire VS Prison Break Which Is The Most Entertaining? by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 23, 2013
I've seen neither but I'm still on a mission find time and watch 'the wire' angry. When my geeky physics PhD friend starts watching hench men/women in low waisted baggy and durags, I'm all eyes and ears.
Re: The Wire VS Prison Break Which Is The Most Entertaining? by roosebolton: 2:10pm On Aug 23, 2013
Comparing The Wired to Prison break is like comparing sleep to death.. Infact its absolutely unfair on Prison break's part to compare it to classic like The Wired which is the Gold Standard of TV series.

From plot structure to characterization and the realism of the wired which got criminals watching and learning how to beat police trap.. If you are looking for something sensational with a fast pace action then the Wired is not for you. Instead it start very slow and eventually just grows on u till you become hopelessly addicted and fall in love with the character. Prison break had a good first season an Ok 2nd season (which is where it should have ended) but greed allowed them to stretch the story line till it ran out of ideas.. The Wired on the other hand is a 5 season crime series which followed the tradition of leaving when the ovation is loudest. It doesn't play with to the Gallery but shows a very stack almost reality view of an American city of Baltimore. I honestly can not recommend it enough.
Re: The Wire VS Prison Break Which Is The Most Entertaining? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2013
I don't wanna sound like a bigot but after the revelations that Wentworth Miller is homo, Prison Break lost it's appeal to me.

The Wire is the better tv series by far. It's more authentic, more complex, multi facet, for mature audience and best of all no gay actors(at least not yet)

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Movies You Can Never Watch With Your Parents / Cinemas And Malls In Umuahia? / Can You Compare Nss7@22w And Pas 10@68e Fta Channels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.